Thread: A ROV for underwater research

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,007 Times in 1,526 Posts

A ROV for underwater research

There an open source build for an ROV that can go down to 3000 feet. It can be built for a cost of $5K U.S. Underwater UFO research has a big hole there is literally no research being done unless its through government projects of course without sharing a word to the public. I have flirted with doing this research for a while. Off the coast of California there has been numerous sighting of UFOs coming and going out of the ocean. It's still a big investment and theres a number of machining work needed that I lack skill doing, yet I'm still considering setting out to build one.

This individual below has given me much inspiration and he is even building his own boat.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Useful Post:

Bob (16th January 2015), sandy (16th January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,684 Times in 1,382 Posts
    Here in UK there was a huge reduction in the use of ship building skills a couple of decades ago.

An artist, whom I know very little about, came up with an ambitious plan to create a giant steel sculpture using the local steelworking skills of the redundant shipbuilding grunt workers.

It was done. It was called the "The Angel of the North".

[ get the idea? ]

I think you might do well to sniff out the older generation of redundant workers who can 'make anything' and will be glad to have a project to sink their skills into.
    Last edited by norman, 16th January 2015 at 00:33.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Useful Post:

mojo (16th January 2015), sandancer (16th January 2015), sandy (16th January 2015)