Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: relevance of perspective in defining locations " Holospace "

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Sooz View Post
    I am so glad to see no mods in here! We are all adults. It will get sorted.
    Sorry Sooz,
    I did ask them to take a look..

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

777 (7th January 2015), Altaira (7th January 2015), Sooz (7th January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,572 Times in 2,477 Posts
    I am so glad to see no mods in here! We are all adults. It will get sorted.
    Adults run the world, look how that has turned out.

Unfortunately, when something is reported we have to Sooz (out of respect for the member who reported it, would you like to be ignored?) As it goes, I can see this is organically evolving into resolution anyway and so a (potentially) patronising lecture from me on behaviour, courtesy and ego would perhaps be misplaced at this stage.

In my humble opinion the bolded word is the issue here. There are many on this site who have experienced spiritually astounding events that have left them in no doubt as to the validity therein. Personally, I have to question that validity when it needs shouting from the rafters every five minutes in an attempt to re-establish a foundation that is evidently shaky enough to warrant such volume and repetition. That is not an accusation to either party but an observation.

We are in the presences of some sharp minds and deeeeeeep friends. Let's all respect that and welcome the gift, learning from each other.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 777 For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Bob (7th January 2015), Calabash (7th January 2015), Highland1 (11th January 2015), jcocks (7th January 2015), modwiz (7th January 2015), NANUXII (7th January 2015), Pris (7th January 2015), Shezbeth (7th January 2015), Sooz (7th January 2015), The One (7th January 2015)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,398 Times in 3,150 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by 777 View Post
    Adults run the world, look how that has turned out.

Unfortunately, when something is reported we have to Sooz (out of respect for the member who reported it, would you like to be ignored?) As it goes, I can see this is organically evolving into resolution anyway and so a (potentially) patronising lecture from me on behaviour, courtesy and ego would perhaps be misplaced at this stage.

In my humble opinion the bolded word is the issue here. There are many on this site who have experienced spiritually astounding events that have left them in no doubt as to the validity therein. Personally, I have to question that validity when it needs shouting from the rafters every five minutes in an attempt to re-establish a foundation that is evidently shaky enough to warrant such volume and repetition. That is not an accusation to either party but an observation.

We are in the presences of some sharp minds and deeeeeeep friends. Let's all respect that and welcome the gift, learning from each other.
    Hi Mirror, quite understand where you are coming from. However, this is a small forum on the net. Nothing like 'adults run the world, look how that has turned out'. I find that comparison disproportionate to the matter.

I do understand completely if a member flags a post and there is utmost respect on my part for them doing so. I do so on my own posts sometimes, if I think it may offend.

I understand what you are saying Ben. I still think if no mods intervene, it will all work out. Let's give that a go first, eh? That's all I'm saying.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

777 (7th January 2015), Altaira (7th January 2015), Calabash (7th January 2015), Highland1 (11th January 2015), Pris (7th January 2015)

(account terminated) Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,923 Times in 728 Posts
    I do understand completely if a member flags a post and there is utmost respect on my part for them doing so. I do so on my own posts sometimes, if I think it may offend.
    You flag your own posts?! The word 'flagellate' comes to mind. Wow, that seems so... preemptive and harsh, Sooz.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Calabash (7th January 2015), modwiz (7th January 2015), Sooz (7th January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,572 Times in 2,477 Posts
    Hi Mirror, quite understand where you are coming from. However, this is a small forum on the net. Nothing like 'adults run the world, look how that has turned out'. I find that comparison disproportionate to the matter.

I understand what you are saying Ben. I still think if no mods intervene, it will all work out. Let's give that a go first, eh? That's all I'm saying.
    I would dearly love to bicker with you on proportionate logic Mirror, especially given the awkward leaning that the recent full moon would lavish our polarities with! :fisty: However I've said my piece and all that would do would further the derailment of a thread that was very interesting hitherto. I agree with you that us stepping in is a last resort and we've been pro-actively trying not to, which I hope has been noticed? For the most part, we don't need to.

That's it, I'm outy......have fun guys, over to you.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 777 For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Calabash (7th January 2015), modwiz (7th January 2015), NANUXII (7th January 2015), Pris (7th January 2015), Sooz (7th January 2015), The One (7th January 2015)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Pris View Post
    You flag your own posts?! The word 'flagellate' comes to mind. Wow, that seems so... preemptive and harsh, Sooz.
    Hi Pris,

Yes you can check with the mods if you want. Sometimes if I post something radical/challenging, I will check with the mods if it's ok to post.

As mods, they can choose to let it ride or cancel it. Nothing has been cancelled so far of what I've posted.

I just see it as being polite with regard to the rules of the forum.

Sooz

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

777 (7th January 2015), Altaira (7th January 2015), Calabash (7th January 2015), Pris (7th January 2015), The One (7th January 2015)

Senior Member Togo Stoat muldoon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,719 Times in 436 Posts
    Where's my cigar ??? I'll report you if I don't get it soon That bloke 777 knows some long worms , erm words don't he

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stoat muldoon For This Useful Post:

777 (7th January 2015), Altaira (7th January 2015), Calabash (7th January 2015), Pris (7th January 2015), Sooz (7th January 2015)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Hi Stoat,

I don't smoke cigars, but I think one right now might be good. A big, long Cuban on my garden patio.

Someone promised you a cigar, so I think you have a right to one, lol....

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

777 (8th January 2015), Altaira (7th January 2015), Calabash (7th January 2015), Pris (7th January 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    I find the comparison apt. No disproportion either, just a matter of scale.

I removed a paragraph written. Sadness sums it up. It would have been taken out of context. This thread helps me to reset some perceptions but, Sooz is still Sooz.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), NANUXII (7th January 2015), Pris (7th January 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Pris View Post
    Sooz needs help alot. Sooz effect, ya know?
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), NANUXII (7th January 2015), Pris (7th January 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts

Someone promised you a cigar, so I think you have a right to one, lol....
    Speaking of which....

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Pris (7th January 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,245 Times in 554 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Stoat muldoon View Post
    Where's my cigar ??? I'll report you if I don't get it soon That bloke 777 knows some long worms , erm words don't he
    lets make some !

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Pris (7th January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 297 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NANUXII View Post
    I get this feeling from you that you think you're some sort of speaker for the people ... like you're an ego eccentric numpty on behalf of your self ( who is the whole of the world apparently )
    Pardon me for saying, but the above quote is almost precisely what I was thinking about the OP and thread topic. I understand it was felt that this was an 'important lesson', but one person's important lesson is another person's exercise in futility, is another person's wasted time/effort,... you see what I am getting at?

I agree with the idea that unspoken experiments such as this are, while not compulsory certainly, are none-the-less coercive. I think you might find more receptivity by posting a discussion thread where you outline your thoughts and allow others to agree to them. Oh, it might not get dragged out quite as long - those random guesses sure do up the post count don't they? - but the participants are less likely to experience buyer's remorse. That some are able to find something worthwhile through this is an expression of their creative propensity, rather than an extant pith to the subject,... but that's just my opinion.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shezbeth For This Useful Post:

777 (7th January 2015), Altaira (7th January 2015), Catsquotl (7th January 2015), modwiz (7th January 2015), Pris (7th January 2015), PurpleLama (7th January 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Shezbeth View Post
    Pardon me for saying, but the above quote is almost precisely what I was thinking about the OP and thread topic. I understand it was felt that this was an 'important lesson', but one person's important lesson is another person's exercise in futility, is another person's wasted time/effort,... you see what I am getting at?

I agree with the idea that unspoken experiments such as this are, while not compulsory certainly, are none-the-less coercive. I think you might find more receptivity by posting a discussion thread where you outline your thoughts and allow others to agree to them. Oh, it might not get dragged out quite as long - those random guesses sure do up the post count don't they? - but the participants are less likely to experience buyer's remorse. That some are able to find something worthwhile through this is an expression of their creative propensity, rather than an extant pith to the subject,... but that's just my opinion.
    Your description would be Wolf medicine, teacher. This thread began Coyote and now egg has to be washed off a few faces.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Pris (7th January 2015), PurpleLama (7th January 2015), Shezbeth (7th January 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,245 Times in 554 Posts
    i ate a chicken and the stuffing was tasty.

This is not cricket

I believe in faeries

N

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

777 (7th January 2015), Altaira (7th January 2015), Pris (7th January 2015), PurpleLama (7th January 2015)