Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: relevance of perspective in defining locations " Holospace "

Senior Member Togo Stoat muldoon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,719 Times in 436 Posts
    Never mind all that , where's my cigar and it better be a Cuban

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stoat muldoon For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Calabash (6th January 2015), NANUXII (6th January 2015), Pris (6th January 2015), sandy (7th January 2015), Sooz (7th January 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Eelco View Post
    I'd like to add the need for consensual experimentation. As in Hey would you help me in seeing how we time and again overthink stuff and miss the obvious?
    There's enough unconsensual experimentation going on as it is and No I will not have any part of it. Not In Real Life. and not here.

With Love
    Eelco
    I find strong agreement with you here, with a matter of utility and healing. I drive people away with my scolding about how un-managed emotions sabotage us and unexamined, contradictory, belief structures result in cognitive dissonance unperceived by the affected. Making people aware of being 'observed' allows for the experience to be illuminating, through oops moments. However, informing them would most likely result in meager participation.

(Nanoo, watch which threads flourish, ebb and flow. Observe the content and comments and you will know as much as one needs for cyber-people. It is a very pleasant forum family here. It is The Shire for me. Good folk. Sure you already know the above. Comment more for general visibility.)
    Last edited by modwiz, 6th January 2015 at 18:24.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Calabash (6th January 2015), Catsquotl (6th January 2015), Highland1 (11th January 2015), Pris (6th January 2015), PurpleLama (6th January 2015), sandy (7th January 2015), Shezbeth (7th January 2015), Sooz (7th January 2015)

(account terminated) Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,923 Times in 728 Posts
    Aren't we all part of some big, grand experiment anyway lol?

I've not been offended by any of it. I'm amused in part by my own gullibility to get 'pulled in' and even so, that was my own choice. Obviously, there was something 'fishy' about the whole thing and it felt like an experiment. But, it was kind of fun.

Every time I post something it is an 'experiment' to see how others will react to me. I mean, I'm not living in a bubble. It's not like I make a random comment and just throw it out there willy-nilly, not giving a sh!te about the repercussions. That's not my way. I care.

Steering others is something we've all done consciously or unconsciously. Manipulation must not be used as an advantage over others yet we do it all the time. That doesn't make it okay... it can be a fine line to walk when you feel your purpose is to help others.

I guess the question is, did we individually/collectively gain something positive from this experience?

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Calabash (6th January 2015), Catsquotl (6th January 2015), Highland1 (11th January 2015), modwiz (6th January 2015), NANUXII (6th January 2015), Sooz (7th January 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    No. What I gained is some extra caution reacting to a new member. thats a layer i'd could do without.
    Tot sofar in my creation of it has been a save haven where i didn't have to worry about that.

Now I do.
    I realize that that is another creation i am projecting myself. But as it is. I rather not have felt that here...

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Calabash (6th January 2015), Highland1 (11th January 2015), modwiz (6th January 2015), Pris (6th January 2015), Shezbeth (7th January 2015), Sooz (7th January 2015)

Thanks
    Now the second wave of data points are coming in/out. The reactions.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Calabash (6th January 2015), Catsquotl (6th January 2015), Pris (6th January 2015), Sooz (7th January 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Eelco View Post
    No. What I gained is some extra caution reacting to a new member. thats a layer i'd could do without.
    Tot sofar in my creation of it has been a save haven where i didn't have to worry about that.

Now I do.
    I realize that that is another creation i am projecting myself. But as it is. I rather not have felt that here...

With Love
    Eelco
    Perhaps your experience can be seen as positive? From my perspective, your experience seems positive.

One must always use caution when walking across the street...

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Calabash (6th January 2015), Catsquotl (6th January 2015), modwiz (6th January 2015), NANUXII (6th January 2015), Shezbeth (7th January 2015), Sooz (7th January 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Pris View Post
    Yes, one might be struck by a vehicle. Where was the peril in this instance?

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Calabash (6th January 2015), Catsquotl (6th January 2015), NANUXII (6th January 2015), Pris (6th January 2015), Shezbeth (7th January 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Pris View Post
    Perhaps your experience can be seen as positive? From my perspective, your experience seems positive.

No being stressfull all the time is unhealthy. Like I said Tot is a save haven.
    Like a side walk in a rustic town, where the only traffic is a tractor every few hours. You can hear it coming for a few minutes to slowly adjust for its passing.
    Ah well it used to be and will be again.

I'm not offended by the way. Have no pride issues that are broken. Just stating where my boundary lies and how it has been crossed in this endevour.
    No harm done, just wishing it won't happen again.

I'm sure it will.. I'll live

WIth Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Calabash (6th January 2015), modwiz (6th January 2015), Pris (6th January 2015), Sooz (7th January 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,245 Times in 554 Posts
    Thank you for your responses

Can i ask you all , where did it come into my dialogue the word " Test " When did i pronounce the word test ? can someone show me as the accusations of such need to be validated firstly.

Secondly Eelco , i get the distinct feeling you are carrying a grudge for me from PA ... because you have not been very accommodating to me from day one, it seems this is an opportunity to have a go at me or try to turn people against me ? On the surface it seems to be working. Or are you upset that you didnt get it right ofter your first attempt ? consent for adults means you partake willingly ,... at no stage did i put you under a spell and life is like this .. Take responsibility for your actions as being part of something then turning on it is not a good look ..

If any of you dont want me here then just say so , there is no need for this two and fro .. the post was for fun first and foremost , and now some are ( not all ) turning it into some conspiracy theory ,, this is a nice place but how can it be when people automatically hold grudges and assume the worst ? and then say " With Love " ... that does not make sense to me.

Either way it shows a great lesson to everyone. I feel compelled to say things with my heart , and that sometimes comes off as presumptuous, but in the times i have in the end its helped in some way so i do that from the heart.

I shake my head as this dialogue is getting worse and who is contributing to that with allegations ...

People are offended at learning is my appraisal. I was just trying to have some fun , like a puzzle , life is a puzzle , Pris and I had a great time working things out , it was useful to us and those who gained something from it. Why taint that with accusations ? those doing this clearly have things to sort out in them selves as my heart has been open from day one here .. its those who seek out evil that make everything out to be wrong or bad. If you notice the dialogu was going well after the answer was given , then someone intergected with a negative comment and then whole thing started to follow suit...

Or is it an agenda to make me out to be the bad guy .. again ... What id like is some honesty , if you got the cogliones to say it. tell me , on here in open forum to leave or stay , and if you say leave explain why without holding back because id like to know how on earth such an innocent fun game turned into this ?

what is true is this , when people make judgements and accuse people of things, when THEY do it FIRST , it breaks a communities spirit. How can people recover from this ? this makes communities weak.

N
    Last edited by NANUXII, 6th January 2015 at 21:34.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Highland1 (11th January 2015), modwiz (6th January 2015), Pris (6th January 2015), Sooz (7th January 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NANUXII View Post
    Thank you for your responses

Can i ask you all , where did it come into my dialogue the word " Test " When did i pronounce the word test ? can someone show me as the accusations of such need to be validated firstly.

Secondly Eelco , i get the distinct feeling you are carrying a grudge for me from PA ... because you have not been very accommodating to me from day one, it seems this is an opportunity to have a go at me or try to turn people against me ? On the surface it seems to be working. Or are you upset that you didnt get it right ofter your first attempt ? consent for adults means you partake willingly ,... at no stage did i put you under a spell and life is like this .. Take responsibility for your actions as being part of something then turning on it is not a good look ..

If any of you dont want me here then just say so , there is no need for this two and fro .. the post was for fun first and foremost , and now some are ( not all ) turning it into some conspiracy theory ,, this is a nice place but how can it be when people automatically hold grudges and assume the worst ? and then say " With Love " ... that does not make sense to me.

Either way it shows a great lesson to everyone. I feel compelled to say things with my heart , and that sometimes comes off as presumptuous, but in the times i have in the end its helped in some way so i do that from the heart.

I shake my head as this dialogue is getting worse and who is contributing to that with allegations ...

People are offended at learning is my appraisal. I was just trying to have some fun , like a puzzle , life is a puzzle , Pris and I had a great time working things out , it was useful to us and those who gained something from it. Why taint that with accusations ? those doing this clearly have things to sort out in them selves as my heart has been open from day one here .. its those who seek out evil that make everything out to be wrong or bad. If you notice the dialogu was going well after the answer was given , then someone intergected with a negative comment and then whole thing started to follow suit...

Or is it an agenda to make me out to be the bad guy .. again ... What id like is some honesty , if you got the cogliones to say it. tell me , on here in open forum to leave or stay , and if you say leave explain why without holding back because id like to know how on earth such an innocent fun game turned into this ?

what is true is this , when people make judgements and accuse people of things, when THEY do it FIRST , it breaks a communities spirit. How can people recover from this ? this makes communities weak.

N
    Ronin used the word test. I regret using the word 'test' in allusion to the thread. I responded too much to the 'undercurrent' in my choice and my being playful may have gone un-noticed while unwittingly feeding a meme through word usage. My apologies. That was clumsy.

Your words ring true for me. I found your thread quite interesting, coming from a similar place. Daring actually. The results were not that unexpected. Petards may have been hoisted.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Bob (7th January 2015), Calabash (6th January 2015), Highland1 (11th January 2015), NANUXII (7th January 2015), Pris (6th January 2015), Sooz (7th January 2015)

Retired Member Haiti
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,813 Times in 895 Posts
    Sincere apologies if you are feeling hurt/misunderstood/crushed by Family Life Nanu. We are a motley crew for the most part and I can only speak for myself - lol. I must admit to feeling a little vexed as the thread started on 28th December, which is NINE DAYS ago for those who are counting on their fingers. I thought you might be "stringing us along" and, as I'm the most impatient person I've ever known (which I like to keep to myself), my interest in the thread and the tunnel waned somewhat.

You come across as being genuine and sincere in your posts, Nanu, and I like the picture of you that has been created in my imagination by your words. But whether or not we Get You is inflicting a huge burden on us, which I for one utterly reject. I say this only because another forum member wrote exactly the same phrase recently and it really stung. Maybe it's you that doesn't Get Us - and why should you? We only know each other by what we write here on the forum, which is extremely limiting don't you agree? While I'm ready and willing to share what I can with folk based on the content of the threads here, 90% of my very full life is lived off the forum. I am not the person I appear to be by my edited and limited comments.

There are no bad people here, Nanu, and sometimes we react to things in unexpected ways - that's life. If I've offended anyone with my comments or pov - and I know that I have - then I apologise unreservedly

And I think you could at least have put The Llama in that fecking purple tunnel . . . . . .

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Calabash For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Highland1 (11th January 2015), modwiz (6th January 2015), Pris (6th January 2015), PurpleLama (6th January 2015), Sooz (7th January 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Calabash View Post
    And I think you could at least have put The Llama in that fecking purple tunnel . . . . . .
    Rumor is he rented it from PL. (I'm starting the rumor)

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Calabash (6th January 2015), PurpleLama (6th January 2015), Sooz (7th January 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    I gave him a deal on it, too.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Calabash (6th January 2015), modwiz (6th January 2015), Pris (6th January 2015), Sooz (7th January 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NANUXII View Post
    give the man a cigar ! I was in a tunnel of purple light ~ ! well done : 0)

N
    So, should you have entered it?
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by PurpleLama View Post
    So, should you have entered it?
    Definitely. Because NANUXII entered it, I learned two new words today: cogliones and petards.

UPDATE: not happy. Please don't unsub, NANUXII!
    Last edited by Pris, 6th January 2015 at 22:56.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), modwiz (6th January 2015), Sooz (7th January 2015)