Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: relevance of perspective in defining locations " Holospace "

(account terminated) Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,923 Times in 728 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Eelco View Post
    You may,
    referring to the Original Poster..

2 of his posts now have made me go WOW in disbelief..
    I love personal sharing. I don't like experiments.
    I am probably wrong, but i feel this was/is an experiment.
    There is no purple tunnel.

Anyway i'll just step out now.

With Love
    Eelco
    Yes, indeed. Hence my little cheeseburger.

Still, as far as experiments go, it was somewhat amusing. And, I learned that the obvious is sometimes just that: obvious.
    We tend to over-complicate things think I.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Bob (6th January 2015), Catsquotl (6th January 2015), NANUXII (6th January 2015), Sooz (6th January 2015)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,398 Times in 3,150 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NANUXII View Post
    give the man a cigar ! I was in a tunnel of purple light ~ ! well done : 0)

N
    Hi NANUXII, my initial response was a face palm icon, however on reflection, I kind of get you.

To illustrate this I will try to find a Leonard Cohen song that shows what I think you were attempting to do.

Back later when I've had my dinner, lol...iggy:

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Catsquotl (6th January 2015), Pris (6th January 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Relevance of perspective should be viewed open and with regard to the intended audience.
    Even if that audience is just you..

On a metaphysical forum where life is explored in all its facets.
    You can be sure of certain perspectives...

So I hope we've proved you right.
    It is a valuable lesson in itself though. One i'm sure many have experienced before. And seeing the way things are going will again... And again..

With Love
    Eelco
    Who was stepping out, but is searching for the light at the end of this tunnel. Its all so purple..
    Have a great day today

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), NANUXII (6th January 2015), Pris (6th January 2015), Sooz (6th January 2015)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Sooz View Post
    Hi NANUXII, my initial response was a face palm icon, however on reflection, I kind of get you.

To illustrate this I will try to find a Leonard Cohen song that shows what I think you were attempting to do.

Back later when I've had my dinner, lol...iggy:
    Here ya go, you can listen to the whole song titled 'Tower of Song', one of his classics, or just to go 5.41 and listen to the end.

Cheers

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Catsquotl (6th January 2015), Pris (6th January 2015), sandy (6th January 2015)

Thanks
    He's wrong you know.
    I mean i'd not start a war over this but the proper answer is.
    Da doo run run run da doo run run.

Sheesh.

WIth Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Pris (6th January 2015), Sooz (6th January 2015)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    He's wrong you know.
    I mean i'd not start a war over this but the proper answer is.
    Da doo run run run da doo run run.

Sheesh.

WIth Love
    Eelco
    I get you...

Edit: Eelco gets the 2nd cigar, lol...
    Last edited by Sooz, 6th January 2015 at 08:04.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Calabash (6th January 2015), Catsquotl (6th January 2015), Pris (6th January 2015)

Senior Member Togo Stoat muldoon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,719 Times in 436 Posts
    You may,
    referring to the Original Poster..

2 of his posts now have made me go WOW in disbelief..
    I love personal sharing. I don't like experiments.
    I am probably wrong, but i feel this was/is an experiment.
    There is no purple tunnel.

Anyway i'll just step out now.

With Love
    Eelco
    Yes , I was wondering where this was heading myself .

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stoat muldoon For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Calabash (6th January 2015), Catsquotl (6th January 2015), Pris (6th January 2015), Shezbeth (7th January 2015), Sooz (6th January 2015)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Excuse me if I am being impolite. But 'lab rats' come to mind.

Makes me feel a bit uncomfortable.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Calabash (6th January 2015), Catsquotl (6th January 2015)

Thanks
    edit:
    removed picture..

With Love
    Eelco
    Last edited by Catsquotl, 7th January 2015 at 06:10.
    Have a great day today

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Bob (6th January 2015), Pris (6th January 2015), Ria (6th January 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,245 Times in 554 Posts
    Hey All

thank you for your responses.I guess i wanted to have some fun but in the process learn something valuable. Ill give you some background on what i thought the failure was on PA and what i hope to explain is the importance of understanding in communities. My hope is that we do not become another PA ... even tho it has its good points it also grew into a hard place to express things without prejudice. As all bigger communities tend to experience is growing pains and management woes.. but the basis for its growth is at the core of who is behind it all.

People sometimes dont get the bigger picture , offended by challenges , not being able to express them selves as many here have left other places because they were banned for expressing them selves , I too was banned for expressing my self on a subject that i thought had great importance. Whats to blame is short sightedness of some that boss others around to conform in a community where ideas should be shared and explored.

The whole idea behind this was to benefit my new family or at least i hope to have as such. What i found saddened me the most on PA is how solution based exersises offended people in general. It seemed to me that challenges to explore and learn were of very little importance over , forgive the term , " ****ing contests "

I believe greatly in solution based discussions and this is one of them , the point of it was to illustrate how we get bogged down in illusion and trickery while the real message is simple and clear. We need now more than ever to have the ability to cut through the BS thats being deliberately put out there to confuse and divide us. So how can that be a bad thing ?

Experimentation and learning is EXACTLY what we need in order to evolve, and forgive me of i bring something to the table ... i thought thats why we have communities , to learn from each other and also have some fun.

To Get me is a good thing because i know we can have a family here that has mutual respect instead of throwing words at each other like they did over there.. i dont want to feel like i have to stop my freedom of expression because i have a lot to give. Respect is delicate and apologies are free , yet so many fail to see how they hurt others by just not having any respect.

So to get on with it is easy , dont hold grudges , they weaken you , try to see things for what they are instead of dressing them up with pre conceived templates. Learning is about being fluid , not rigid. And the strength in communities is directly proportional to their willingness to share and learn from each other.

There are ways to ask questions without prejudice so not to offend and still gain valuable answers.

Social Grace , Respect , Family and Temperance.

Hugs

N

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Bob (6th January 2015), Catsquotl (6th January 2015), modwiz (6th January 2015), Pris (6th January 2015), Ria (6th January 2015), sandy (7th January 2015)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,328 Times in 1,589 Posts
    i will say i am really offended at being tested!
    what would happen if i failed your test?
    i can only speak for myself but i speak truth in my experiences in life whether they make any sense to anyone else.
    TOT has given me a platform to express what i experience and so forth without any judgement.

but to for the fact that we where tested by yourself is actually a insult to myself(cannot speak for the members).
    you see i don,t need to pass your purple tunnel test to see who i am,but it was fun and confusing.

the fun bit is to read people and know their intentions,which can be hard.
    so what was your intention?a test?did TOT pass or fail?

do not ever compare a forum with another forum,if you do you are just looking for faults and you will find them.
    look for the good not the bad so to speak.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ronin For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Calabash (6th January 2015), Catsquotl (6th January 2015), Highland1 (11th January 2015), modwiz (6th January 2015), Ria (6th January 2015)

Thanks
    Thank you Nanootimes2.

Your explanation is deeply appreciated.
    If I may though what I am getting is that you are taking your "disappointment" about that other place and project it here even before you tried to get to know us.

I think if you would have taken the time to lurk around a bit and get into some meaningful discussion instead of getting into teaching mode. You would have found that what you tried to teach is rather standard practice around here.
    As it goes with family we have our differences. Heck even last year I walked out the door in anger. But as it goes I came back. layed low for a while and slowly readjusted into the field of family love that is TOT.

So please stay. Share and even play.
    I for one though would like to be informed of what it is you would like to see. Instead of going on a goose chase.
    Some of us including me are eager to learn. And yes i will overthink things. There's no need to point that out even before you know me.

Just ask and tell. Take it slowly at first. Get a feel for this place. This is not PA. Even though many here has have spend time there ok?

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Calabash (6th January 2015), modwiz (6th January 2015), Pris (6th January 2015), Ria (6th January 2015), ronin (6th January 2015), Shezbeth (7th January 2015)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,328 Times in 1,589 Posts
    yes please stay around so i do this more often......

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ronin For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Calabash (6th January 2015), Ria (6th January 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NANUXII View Post

Experimentation and learning is EXACTLY what we need in order to evolve, and forgive me of i bring something to the table ... i thought thats why we have communities , to learn from each other and also have some fun.
    I'd like to add the need for consensual experimentation. As in Hey would you help me in seeing how we time and again overthink stuff and miss the obvious?
    There's enough unconsensual experimentation going on as it is and No I will not have any part of it. Not In Real Life. and not here.

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Calabash (6th January 2015), modwiz (6th January 2015), Ria (6th January 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by ronin View Post
    i will say i am really offended at being tested!
    what would happen if i failed your test?
    i can only speak for myself but i speak truth in my experiences in life whether they make any sense to anyone else.
    TOT has given me a platform to express what i experience and so forth without any judgement.

but to for the fact that we where tested by yourself is actually a insult to myself(cannot speak for the members).
    you see i don,t need to pass your purple tunnel test to see who i am,but it was fun and confusing.

the fun bit is to read people and know their intentions,which can be hard.
    so what was your intention?a test?did TOT pass or fail?

do not ever compare a forum with another forum,if you do you are just looking for faults and you will find them.
    look for the good not the bad so to speak.

Ronin, my brother, it is your own perception of gullibility that truly offends you. That you partook in an activity, of your own choosing, that you may now feel was wasted time and now feel 'used' is where the 'rub' is. To acknowledge that is to be empowered. I am aware of Nanu from reading posts at PA. I have an appreciation for his thoughtfulness. Never entered the thread because it looked like what it turned out to be, when I looked in. Also knew that not participating was part of the test. Others played along willingly and knowingly. That's how games work.

You're a good man and that's what counts. You've passed my test.
    Last edited by modwiz, 6th January 2015 at 16:57.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th January 2015), Bob (6th January 2015), Calabash (6th January 2015), Catsquotl (6th January 2015), Highland1 (11th January 2015), Pris (6th January 2015), PurpleLama (6th January 2015), ronin (7th January 2015), Shezbeth (7th January 2015)