Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Detoxing - why and how often? Methods of choice?

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,939 Times in 516 Posts

Detoxing - why and how often? Methods of choice?

The idea that it is needed at times to do a body detox appears to be a good way to freshen up and get the immune system, the lymphatic system, the respiratory system, blood, nerves, digestive system and muscles working again with possibly better efficiency.

Quoting Dr. Frank Lipman (source)

Detoxification is what your body does naturally to neutralize, transform or get rid of unwanted materials or toxins. It is a primary function of the body, constantly working and interacting with all other functions of the body. So when I am talking about detoxification, it is about improving and optimizing the function of your body’s own detoxification systems.

This is done by decreasing the amount of toxins we put into our bodies while at the same time supporting our body’s detoxification and elimination systems with the nutrients it needs to function properly.

As a culture we are very aware of our external cleanliness. We clean our teeth daily, we bath and wash our hair daily or every other day and we like to look and smell clean because it makes us feel better.

Similarly, I see detoxification as internal cleansing. The problem is that it’s often hard to know when our internal cleansing mechanisms are not functioning well. Unlike other parts of our body it is very hard to know how well our liver is working, and our liver is the main detoxification organ. Apart from synthesizing and secreting bile, the liver acts as a filter for toxins and bacteria in the blood and chemically neutralizes toxins, converting them into substances that can be eliminated by the kidneys.

Although it is mostly ignored by our current medical system, the detoxification system is a key component of our body’s functioning.

Most of the molecules made by our bodies every day, are for getting rid of waste products.

We need hundreds of enzymes, vitamins and other molecules to help rid the body of unwanted waste products and chemicals. We need to manufacture these molecules to help take the good from what we ingest and get rid of the unwanted.

Although the bulk of the work is done by the liver and the intestinal tract, the kidneys, lungs, lymphatic system and skin are all involved in this complex detoxification system.

The purpose of a detoxification program is primarily to support these organs of elimination so that toxins present in the body can be metabolized and excreted. Time and time again I’ve seen the benefits a good internal cleanse can bring.
    If you have a good method please share your thoughts here in this thread - thanks

--Bob

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bob For This Useful Post:

Altaira (18th December 2014), Calz (19th December 2014), Cearna (19th December 2014), dianna (18th December 2014), Frances (19th December 2014), Fringewatch (16th December 2014), GCS1103 (15th December 2014), lookbeyond (15th December 2014), MaryMay (25th May 2015), modwiz (15th December 2014), Pris (18th December 2014), sandy (15th December 2014), Sooz (19th December 2014)

Retired Member France
    Thanks
    A simple life change : eat fruits and veggies ( not too many nuts though ) preferably organic, drink plenty, 15 minutes sun on your bare skin each day, play to pump the lymph or brush the body, sleep 8 hours, drink plenty of water and see the miracles in your body happen ( after w few detox crisis, less fun ). Fruity hugs Bob !

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Elfe Mya For This Useful Post:

Bob (15th December 2014), Calz (19th December 2014), Cearna (19th December 2014), dianna (18th December 2014), Frances (19th December 2014), Fringewatch (16th December 2014), GCS1103 (15th December 2014), lookbeyond (15th December 2014), modwiz (15th December 2014), Pris (18th December 2014), sandy (15th December 2014), That Guy (19th December 2014)

(account terminated) Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,923 Times in 728 Posts
    Here's a great way to detoxify the body: drink a gallon to a gallon and a half (depends on adult body size) of distilled water(s) every day.

http://aquariusthewaterbearer.com/

If you have any questions, I may be able to answer some of them.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Useful Post:

Cearna (19th December 2014), dianna (18th December 2014), Frances (19th December 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi Pris,

OMG I hardly ever drink water even though I have a reverse osmosis system, except in a dozen cups of coffee a day, let alone a gallon of distilled water a day. However in saying this I would be willing to give my old body a detox workout if it had a finite time. My impression of your post is one must do this daily and it is not a protocol to use periodically? Your clarification would be appreciated.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Useful Post:

Bob (18th December 2014), Cearna (19th December 2014), dianna (18th December 2014), Frances (19th December 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,346 Times in 234 Posts

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dianna For This Useful Post:

Altaira (18th December 2014), Bob (18th December 2014), Calz (19th December 2014), Cearna (19th December 2014), Frances (19th December 2014), lookbeyond (18th December 2014), Pris (18th December 2014), sandy (18th December 2014), Seikou-Kishi (18th December 2014), Sooz (19th December 2014), That Guy (19th December 2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by sandy View Post
    Hi Pris,

OMG I hardly ever drink water even though I have a reverse osmosis system, except in a dozen cups of coffee a day, let alone a gallon of distilled water a day. However in saying this I would be willing to give my old body a detox workout if it had a finite time. My impression of your post is one must do this daily and it is not a protocol to use periodically? Your clarification would be appreciated.
    Hello Sandy!

First off, I have to say that a reverse osmosis system is the next best thing to distilled water! The idea is to have the ppm (parts per million) as close to zero as possible. If I remember correctly, reverse osmosis makes water at around 3 to 4 ppm.

I distill our drinking water with an automatic water-intake distiller. It doesn't require any filters, and it takes about 12 hours to make four gallons at a time. I have a ppm reader so I can check the quality of my water (a handy device I acquired for when I make colloidal silver). The readings from my distilled water are usually 1 ppm.

Drinking one gallon of distilled water every day indefinitely would be optimum for health. I did it for many months until we had to move and then my routine was disrupted. That was almost one year ago and I've still not disciplined myself to get back up to a whole gallon. I'm working on it! The overall effects on the body are super -- BUT, you do have to run to the bathroom often which can be a real pain. So, it is a lifestyle change.

At the moment, I'm happy if I get at least half a gallon into me every day. It's not the best but it's better than nothing.

The trick is 'timing'. For example, if you have errands to run during the day, wait until you get home and then chug it down -- as much as you can stand. I can down about 32 ounces all at once (that's one quarter of a gallon). It gives you a 'flush' (river effect) which is super for the body.

So, IF you are so inclined to try this out for a trial, Sandy, see if you can drink a whole gallon every day for at least... oh, I dunno... a couple of weeks and see how you feel. Better yet, one month. Amazing things start to happen in three months. You'll feel younger, you'll have more energy, your skin will plump up, your insides will be cleansed and so on. It may even reverse any illness you may have. I swear I used to have much more white hair than I do now.

If it can't be quantity, at least drink quality water. Quality water is all distilled waters (rain, dew, snow, fruit and veggie juice etc.). And, of course, you MUST stop with the coffee because it is acidic to your body which will rob your bones of calcium to neutralize the acid. Coffee is also dehydrating. Also, avoid pop and alcohol.

The idea is to have a 'river flowing through you'. It is this 'river' of pure water that helps the body heal itself.

All the best!
    Last edited by Pris, 18th December 2014 at 23:16.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Useful Post:

Cearna (19th December 2014), Frances (19th December 2014), norman (19th December 2014), sandy (19th December 2014), Seikou-Kishi (19th December 2014), Sooz (19th December 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,939 Times in 516 Posts
    Hi Pris - do you have any thoughts on adding in any particular minerals or salts? Do such come from particular foods?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bob For This Useful Post:

Cearna (19th December 2014), Frances (19th December 2014), Pris (19th December 2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Bob View Post
    Hi Pris - do you have any thoughts on adding in any particular minerals or salts? Do such come from particular foods?

Great question! My take on this is that unless the particular minerals or salts are organic in nature, they will harm the body. To have organic minerals and salts, these are found in fruits, vegetables, nuts and so on. I read somewhere that all our daily mineral requirements can be had in a single piece of green lettuce.

Distilled water does not rob the body of organic minerals that it requires. Distilled water only latches on to the inorganic minerals present in our blood and tissues (that harm us) and helps to remove them (with help from the liver) from the body -- not as urine, but as feces. Urine is an overflow of the blood -- purified by the kidneys -- and is also a distilled liquid.

From what I've gathered, salt is very toxic to the body -- inorganic salt. Any naturally occurring organic salts within fruits, veggies and so on would be fine. We 'need' very little salt. It's highly addictive. Apparently, salt ages the body rapidly.

I've yet to find any information (that I trust) that disproves this.
    Last edited by Pris, 19th December 2014 at 00:19.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Useful Post:

Bob (19th December 2014), Cearna (19th December 2014), Frances (19th December 2014), Seikou-Kishi (19th December 2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by dianna View Post

Yes! White, refined sugar is toxic poison.

It's been so long since we bought white sugar, I can even remember...

The only sweeteners we use are Rogers Cane Syrup and fancy molasses.

We are also vegans and are very careful to avoid such things as Canola oil, cottonseed oil, palm kernel oil, glucose fructose, MSG, all chemicals, hydrogenated and modified food ingredients, margarine, genetically modified ingredients (eg. mostly soy and corn products), most soy products (for other reasons), coffee, pop, alcohol, most bread, white flour, additives, wheat pasta, garlic, onions, salt and so on.
    Last edited by Pris, 19th December 2014 at 00:18.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Useful Post:

Calz (19th December 2014), Cearna (19th December 2014), Frances (19th December 2014), norman (19th December 2014), Seikou-Kishi (19th December 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,684 Times in 1,382 Posts
    Why onions?

I like onions.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Useful Post:

Bob (19th December 2014), Cearna (19th December 2014), Frances (19th December 2014), Pris (19th December 2014), Sooz (19th December 2014)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,328 Times in 1,589 Posts
    i cannot remember the terminology but it was on one of the quest for the cures of cancer videos,where someone mentions that natural sugars as in fruits are good for you and rotate within your system helping to fight anomalies,whereas synthectic and processed foods fight against your system adding to disease of the internal body.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ronin For This Useful Post:

Bob (19th December 2014), Pris (19th December 2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by ronin View Post
    i cannot remember the terminology but it was on one of the quest for the cures of cancer videos,where someone mentions that natural sugars as in fruits are good for you and rotate within your system helping to fight anomalies,whereas synthectic and processed foods fight against your system adding to disease of the internal body.
    My take is there's nothing 'wrong' with naturally occurring sugars. My best advice would be to eat fruit, for example, by itself on an empty stomach (or at least ahead of other food so that its digestion is unobstructed. I'd say it's best to avoid mixing fruit/sweet veggies with mostly anything else -- especially bread (yeast).

http://www.healthcastle.com/sugar_not_evil.shtml
    Last edited by Pris, 19th December 2014 at 03:59.

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by norman View Post
    Why onions?

I like onions.

Yes, I love onions, too. And, I used to eat a lot of garlic (especially raw). However, one day I decided I was going to try 'blood electrification' (Dr. Bob Beck) and discovered that onions and garlic (the Allium family) have alarming properties to say the least.

Onion Toxicity
    http://www.raw-food-health.net/Onion-Toxicity.html

GARLIC: TOXIC SHOCK!
    http://www.healingcancernaturally.co...ain-toxin.html

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Pris For This Useful Post:

norman (19th December 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,376 Times in 246 Posts
    I read somewhere that all our daily mineral requirements can be had in a single piece of green lettuce.
    Provided that single piece of green lettuce was grown in a complete (trace) mineral rich soil instead of depleted soil of course.

Not so sure about the salts being all that bad to be honest, after all, we are a walking/talking posting bag of salt water.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to That Guy For This Useful Post:

Bob (19th December 2014), modwiz (19th December 2014), Pris (19th December 2014)

Thanks
    I would also cut down on cooked food as much as possible.

This video explains it well.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Pris For This Useful Post:

modwiz (19th December 2014)