Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Curiousity may kill this cat

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts

Curiousity may kill this cat

But as it stands my mind is in questioning, overexcited, single mindedly pre-occupied mode with:
    The old religion, wicca, paganism, the cunning folk, occultism.

Having had my share of going out and about investigating idea's to death. I have sampled to much i fear to find the rest for one thing.
    Gods and goddeses have been defiled by my fear and (mis)-understanding of archons and annunaki. The old believes feel as much true and false as the evening news.

I'm as much a sheep at times slaving to pay the morgage and dead tired of it all I just want to vegetate on a couch with a stupid tv-show as the rest of the herd.

And then.. There is that spark of needing to search. The drive to go further as this can in no way be what its supposed to be.

So how do you practise your craft?
    How do you relate to the gods of old when the astral planes are emptying out and dissolving.
    How can you revere anything when you know it is all mind.

The best thing i found when sitting at the feet of a Guru was the feeling I finally had a hanger for my need of devotion.
    Looking around these days those feeling seem no longer able to find anything to cling to for fear of false idea's or just the figmental seedlings of my own desires..

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

1inMany (10th December 2014), 777 (10th December 2014), Birddog (27th December 2014), Calabash (9th December 2014), Cearna (10th December 2014), Elfe Mya (14th December 2014), Frances (9th December 2014), Greenbarry (9th June 2017), john parslow (2nd January 2015), Juniper (10th December 2014), lookbeyond (10th December 2014), Lord Sidious (9th December 2014), Mark (20th December 2014), Melidae (9th December 2014), modwiz (9th December 2014), Moonlight (10th December 2014), Onceinabluemoon (4th January 2015), Pris (10th December 2014), PurpleLama (9th December 2014), Seikou-Kishi (9th December 2014), Shezbeth (11th December 2014), Sooz (10th December 2014), Wolf Khan (9th December 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Last I checked, the astral planes are as full of garbage as they ever were.

I will pick and choose whatever face God may wear, depending on the occasion, but it's all in honor of one force which animates every mode of operation.

I went on a fervent search for truth, and what I found was the extent of knowledge and perception ends in Mystery. So I settled down and stared at it until deep down I could be comfortable with what's not just unknown but unknowable.

But, that's just me.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

4. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

1inMany (10th December 2014), 777 (10th December 2014), Catsquotl (10th December 2014), Cearna (10th December 2014), Elfe Mya (14th December 2014), Frances (9th December 2014), Greenbarry (9th June 2017), john parslow (20th December 2014), Juniper (10th December 2014), KosmicKat (10th December 2014), lookbeyond (10th December 2014), Lord Sidious (9th December 2014), Melidae (9th December 2014), modwiz (9th December 2014), Moonlight (10th December 2014), Seikou-Kishi (9th December 2014), Shezbeth (11th December 2014), Sooz (10th December 2014), Tonz (2nd January 2015), Tribe (10th December 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Eelco View Post

So how do you practise your craft?
    With Love
    Eelco
    With great joy and agape. I am a part of the unfolding. A conscious, participating extension of the Divinity of this planet, Sophia. Nothing imagined about Her. My body and the rhythms/delights of this planet and all upon it speak to the life-affirming Nature of the Wisdom goddess. Our planetary animal Mother and the Aeon/Divine being that is our Creator. Through Her, we are linked to the Pleroma, home of the gods of the Milky Way. Where we were conceived in their minds. We are Sophia's unique expression of this very similar experiment across the Universe. She chose to dwell with us and not stand remote in the Pleroma as is usually the case in these experiments. I have endless agape for Her. Even though Her plunge/fall produced the archons. They are easier to deal with than mosquitos once one gets their emotions cleaned up and self deception is greatly reduced.

Thanks for the thread, Eelco.
    Last edited by modwiz, 9th December 2014 at 20:48.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

6. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (10th December 2014), 777 (10th December 2014), Birddog (27th December 2014), Catsquotl (10th December 2014), Cearna (10th December 2014), Elfe Mya (14th December 2014), Frances (9th December 2014), Greenbarry (9th June 2017), john parslow (20th December 2014), lookbeyond (10th December 2014), Lord Sidious (9th December 2014), Melidae (9th December 2014), Moonlight (10th December 2014), Pris (10th December 2014), PurpleLama (9th December 2014), Seikou-Kishi (9th December 2014), Shezbeth (11th December 2014), Sooz (10th December 2014), Tonz (2nd January 2015), Wolf Khan (9th December 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,564 Times in 1,218 Posts
    The cat will die anyway, so embrace curiosity.

The gods of old are a dead man's figments; I treat only with my own. The idea that gods have credibility because they are ancient has two problems for me. The first is that it commits the fallacy of an appeal to tradition. Something is not more credible because it is well-worn. Secondly, and in a somewhat related manner, it rests upon the assumption that the beliefs of another or of others have greater credibility because they seem more objective. This is an appeal to popularity. If Ullr indeed was a god, he has not ceased to be so because the people suckle at Roman pulpits, or even if the Germanic reconstructionists have all but forgotten him. In the same way, the particular figments of modern society have no great authority just because they are widely held.

I am a seed spiralling down from the branches of a great sycamore tree; all that the tree is exists within me. Thus, I worship no gods and place nothing above me. I may conceptualise different aspects of my spiritual totality and for the sake of argument cast them into the role of a god, but I do not lose sight of their being within me. It is an externalisation in its essence no different than the evocation of a body part into a triangle of art.

In the astral plane accumulates an endless waste of detritus. Every fevered imagination ever conceived "willlessly" floats along like a jellyfish with whatever momentum the originating thought imparted. Every god naively assumed to exist coalesces into form in response to the unacknowledged creative faculty of its devotee and inherits from that devotee the sincere belief in its own existence, behaving and responding howsoever its creator-devotee programmed it to behave through willless belief.

That thoughtform, sure of its own existence (or seeming sure, but of course having no faculty of self-reflection having been born of such a lack), then encounters other humans who similarly believe they have encountered a being of their quality even if differing in degree. Thus the succeeding encounters cement in place the seeming of individuality and independence and feed into the apparent existence of the being. Thus are born all the gods and ghosts and figments of religion to captivate those whose eyes haven't the light to shine through their transparency.
    Last edited by Seikou-Kishi, 10th December 2014 at 11:43. Reason: iPad

8. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

1inMany (10th December 2014), 777 (10th December 2014), Birddog (27th December 2014), Catsquotl (10th December 2014), Elfe Mya (14th December 2014), Frances (9th December 2014), john parslow (20th December 2014), lookbeyond (10th December 2014), Lord Sidious (9th December 2014), Melidae (10th December 2014), modwiz (9th December 2014), Moonlight (10th December 2014), Pris (10th December 2014), PurpleLama (9th December 2014), Shezbeth (11th December 2014), Sooz (10th December 2014), Tonz (2nd January 2015)

Thanks
    Thank you.

You guys have just given me the conceptual framework I needed to press on.
    Just let me get my bearings for a minute...

So is there anything you do to make sure your temorarily casted gods, do not wreak later havoc, because of the lack we give them when we create that conceptual being?
    I still hold the notion that my idea will somehow need to find completion or what I think of as becomming. Thus essentially dooming such a created god to a lifetime of empty floating around until somehow fullfilled.

As an intermediary I have taken to revere the earth mother and father sun, but there is MORE somehow...

To be continued.

With Love
    Eelco

edit: Woops nearly forgot What do you do with the moon now that its been exposed as an IA fraud.
    Still use it to get the benifit of waning and waxing sympatic magic
    Last edited by Catsquotl, 10th December 2014 at 03:59.
    Have a great day today

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

1inMany (10th December 2014), Elfe Mya (14th December 2014), Juniper (10th December 2014), lookbeyond (10th December 2014), Melidae (10th December 2014), Moonlight (10th December 2014), Seikou-Kishi (10th December 2014), Shezbeth (11th December 2014), Tonz (2nd January 2015), Tribe (10th December 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 710 Posts
    Feels like the more we know the less we know or maybe i am going in circles like that jolly snake trying to eat itself..

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Useful Post:

1inMany (10th December 2014), Catsquotl (10th December 2014), Elfe Mya (14th December 2014), Juniper (10th December 2014), Melidae (10th December 2014), modwiz (2nd January 2015), Moonlight (10th December 2014), Pris (10th December 2014), PurpleLama (10th December 2014), Seikou-Kishi (10th December 2014), Shezbeth (11th December 2014), Tonz (2nd January 2015)

Thanks
    As the waning and waxing of the moon can be used as a symbol for growing towards or diminishing from.
    I'd say it does not matter the moon is a transmitter or an evil construct. The fact I use/project my intention of something growing or lessening is what gives merit/intent to its usage..

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

1inMany (10th December 2014), Elfe Mya (14th December 2014), Juniper (10th December 2014), lookbeyond (10th December 2014), Melidae (10th December 2014), modwiz (2nd January 2015), Moonlight (10th December 2014), PurpleLama (10th December 2014), Seikou-Kishi (10th December 2014), Shezbeth (11th December 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 319 Posts
    ....So much wisdom.

I am going to put extra effort into driving traffic here given the importance that such concepts are out-ward flowing.

Everybody knows water unconnected becomes poisonous.

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to monk For This Useful Post:

1inMany (10th December 2014), 777 (10th December 2014), Catsquotl (10th December 2014), Elfe Mya (14th December 2014), Juniper (10th December 2014), Melidae (10th December 2014), modwiz (2nd January 2015), Moonlight (10th December 2014), Seikou-Kishi (10th December 2014), Shezbeth (11th December 2014), Sooz (10th December 2014), Tonz (2nd January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 473 Posts
    I will not wholly trust any writing unless I am certain I know the author (more biblical sense than "Hi Bud").
    The ability to reason has been some help. The senses are, as Ebenezer Scrooge asserted, liars. And my emotions are not always a reliable indicator for contact with things unseen.

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to KosmicKat For This Useful Post:

1inMany (10th December 2014), Catsquotl (10th December 2014), Elfe Mya (14th December 2014), john parslow (20th December 2014), Melidae (10th December 2014), modwiz (2nd January 2015), Moonlight (10th December 2014), PurpleLama (10th December 2014), Seikou-Kishi (10th December 2014), Shezbeth (11th December 2014), Tonz (2nd January 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Moon phase, moon rise, moon set, sunrise and sunset, all can be used tor timing in sorcery. So can the hands on an old fashioned clock.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

1inMany (10th December 2014), Catsquotl (10th December 2014), Elfe Mya (14th December 2014), john parslow (20th December 2014), Melidae (10th December 2014), modwiz (2nd January 2015), Moonlight (10th December 2014), Seikou-Kishi (10th December 2014), Shezbeth (11th December 2014), Tonz (2nd January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks

R

Quote Originally posted by Eelco View Post
    Thank you.

You guys have just given me the conceptual framework I needed to press on.
    Just let me get my bearings for a minute...

So is there anything you do to make sure your temorarily casted gods, do not wreak later havoc, because of the lack we give them when we create that conceptual being?
    I still hold the notion that my idea will somehow need to find completion or what I think of as becomming. Thus essentially dooming such a created god to a lifetime of empty floating around until somehow fullfilled.

As an intermediary I have taken to revere the earth mother and father sun, but there is MORE somehow...

To be continued.

With Love
    Eelco

edit: Woops nearly forgot What do you do with the moon now that its been exposed as an IA fraud.
    Still use it to get the benifit of waning and waxing sympatic magic
    The one who creates willfully need not worry that his figments will continue on "with a life of their own" because contained within that will is awareness and self-awareness. That awareness necessarily implies an understanding of the mechanics at play. Within treating something as a separate entity is an implied truth: we would not speak in such terms if we believed in our higher faculties that the entity was separate from us in the first place. Within "make believe it's true" is an acceptance of falsehood. A doctor doesn't pretend to be a doctor.

As an example, we might be engaged in a simple consecration/erection ritual. Say we have a new ritual item and as part of our occult endeavour it serves our purpose to "empower" it and reserve it to our ritual use. We have within us the power to consecrate and to "erect" (consecration reserves for ritual use, "erection" endows it with the faculties to do that). In ritual we might externalise this consecratory power in order to use it.

It's not so strange an idea. I've been in and out of hospital recently visiting a friend who has a slipped and herniated lumbar disc. The constriction against his sciatic nerve is making sensation and motor control less straightforward than it usually is. He was walking and had trouble retroflexing/addorsing his foot and said "for god's sake, foot, do as you're told. We've been doing the exercises, so I expect better." Some people would consider that a little weird. Most people would accept it as the natural expression of frustration of one dealing with severe pain and immobility. I saw it as a magical act; he externalised an area of himself that has been experiencing difficulty, addressed the problem and insisted upon a change in condition.

But let's talk about externalising our own consecratory faculty. We could represent this faculty as a god of the past. Thor is the consecrator par excellence from the Norse pantheon, Zeus from the Greek, etc.. This is why "relgious pagans" (if you will) might believe their gods exist, but an "occult pagan" doesn't care because the existence of an independent Thor, etc., is irrelevant. Indeed, many occultists have an aversion towards anything they have a sneaking suspicion might actually exist. It's a bit like muttering to yourself when you think you're alone only to find there's somebody there you just didn't notice lol.

In my personal practice, I do not use identifiable, cultural figures to represent my own faculties because I wish to be unequivocal about the fact that when I purify, it is I who purifies and not some outside force upon which I depend. Thus I gave them names which reflect their nature. In Greek myth, Demeter is an earth goddess, but the specific aspect of Demeter which relates to the season of winter as "explained" by the abduction of Kore/Persephone is referred to as Demeter Praxidike — the goddess as the enacter of vengeance.

Because I do not use cultural figures but rather assign names to aspects of myself, there is no doubt in my working that I am exercising my own spiritual potency and not merely beseeching the assistance of passing spirits. The "beings" I address therefore have all the existence they need, which is to say they exist because they are within me. Ritual then becomes less a conversation between the ritualist and the spirits, but rather a soliloquy. When baking a cake, we might idly mutter to ourselves "and 250 grams of flour". The principle is the same.

I would divide ritual then into three "layers". There is the layer in which the ritualist appeals to spirits like Jesus, Thor, etc.. This is a layer I would describe as "entirely religious". It is superstitious and disempowered. The middle layer is that in which there is still the use of such names but they are used for almost "decorative" reasons rather than superstitious reasons. I call this the "formally religious" layer because it has the appearance of religion/superstition without a superstitious motivation; it is a truly spiritual occult scenario merely having "religious clothing", which is a matter of aesthetics. Finally, there is the layer in which a religious appearance is dispensed with.

When the "formally religious" layer makes a clear distinction between form and function, there is no problem but the "entirely religious" form is disempowering.

This is not to say that independent spirits can't be a part of a ritual, but that's a different topic and not my focus here.

What is created unconsciously ("astral litter", we might call it) is not really anything to be concerned about. If the light of your eye shines brightly, you see these things for what they are. These things range from everything like an "atmosphere" (i.e., a bad atmosphere in a place of suffering or a good atmosohere in a happy place) to things which act like gods and even to things like the greys and reptilians. These things exist with the momentum of their creation and acquire fresh momentum with ongong creation — hence why the greys are attention seekers.

Reverence for the Earth is a good thing, but it is healthier not to think of the Earth as a goddess to be placated and worshipped. Rather, it should be of a pragmatic sense. Our lives depend upon the Earth, thus the relationship is one of recognising this relationship and being grateful for what the Earth provides. The Earth is a collectivity of spirits, human, (other) animals, plants, rocks, landscape items like mountains and rivers. "Revering" the Earth (I have problems with the word "revere", but it suffices) is acknowledging how all these various spirits come together and how harmony between these contributors creates the world in which we live. The sun of course is a part of this, even though it is not physically located here. In this sense, there is something of a sliding scale between "religious veneration" and "spiritual ecology"

But at the same time, we can use "the Earth", "the Sun" and "the Moon" as symbols. In my schemata, the Sun is a symbol for the supernal source because it depends upon nothing but itself and it continually emanates — the source emanates existence, the Sun light. In this particular schema, the Moon represents physical life because in itself, it has no light of its own. The new moon is like the physical world devoid of spirituality. When the moon is full, it reflects the maximum amount of the Sun's light, thus the full moon is like a physical life fully endowed with spirit.

In this paradigm, the Sun is like the source and thus I call it "Glory" while the Moon is the image of glory in the physical world, thus I call it "Reflected Glory". The relationship between the two is like that between the Source and the heart chakra (again, in my paradigm... I keep repeating this because I don't want to appear to be "defining dogma", but rather describing my own view). Hence, the Source is "Glory's Root" and the heart chakra, as the conduit through which source energy enters and vigorates the physical world, is called "Glory's Twin".

None of this requires that the Moon be what it appears to be. It might be a desserted space ship, the headquarters of a hostile force or the observatory of a watching species. It might be a transmitter projecting space-time over the Earth. It might be a lump of rock. Would it augment the matter if the Moon was a lump of rock? Indeed, it seems pleasingly aesthetic to think that perhaps the Moon is a sinister imposition and yet can still provide spiritual insight. It's almost as though the spirit prevails over the profane :-)

Sorry, this post is far too long.
    Last edited by Seikou-Kishi, 10th December 2014 at 11:29.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

1inMany (10th December 2014), Breeze (10th December 2014), Catsquotl (10th December 2014), Elfe Mya (14th December 2014), john parslow (20th December 2014), Melidae (10th December 2014), modwiz (2nd January 2015), Moonlight (10th December 2014), PurpleLama (10th December 2014), Shezbeth (11th December 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by PurpleLama View Post
    Moon phase, moon rise, moon set, sunrise and sunset, all can be used tor timing in sorcery. So can the hands on an old fashioned clock.
    The phases of the moon are a consequence of the way the moon orbits the earth. The face of a clock divides days into an endless succession of repeating circles. The year is a consequence of the way the earth orbits the sun and we even represent this astrologically as the wheel of the zodiac. You can take a circle and divide it into quarters and call these quarters north, east, south and west, or winter, spring, summer and autumn. All of these are ever-repeating cycles. All of these. As wheels, they even create sine waves as they turn: summer is the height of the year, noon the height of the day, the full moon the height of the lunar calendar. Therefore, they all represent the continual interchange between yang and yin, between activity and rest, between brightness and darkness, all a gradual procession towards zenith and nadir.

Perfect for timing :-)

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

1inMany (10th December 2014), Catsquotl (10th December 2014), Elfe Mya (14th December 2014), john parslow (20th December 2014), Melidae (10th December 2014), modwiz (2nd January 2015), Moonlight (10th December 2014), PurpleLama (10th December 2014), Shezbeth (11th December 2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Seikou-Kishi View Post
    Sorry, this post is far too long.
    Never, I could read these posts for hours... Loosing time all together...

WIth Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

1inMany (10th December 2014), Elfe Mya (14th December 2014), modwiz (2nd January 2015), Moonlight (10th December 2014), PurpleLama (10th December 2014), Seikou-Kishi (10th December 2014)

(account terminated) Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,923 Times in 728 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Seikou-Kishi View Post
    I am a seed spiralling down from the branches of a great sycamore tree; all that the tree is exists within me.
    Yes, revere yourself.

Quote Originally posted by lookbeyond View Post
    Feels like the more we know the less we know or maybe i am going in circles like that jolly snake trying to eat itself..
    Yes, the more we know the less we know. Perhaps, don't think in terms of circles... Think of spiraling upward.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Useful Post:

Elfe Mya (14th December 2014), modwiz (2nd January 2015), Moonlight (14th December 2014), PurpleLama (10th December 2014)

(account terminated) Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,923 Times in 728 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by KosmicKat View Post
    I will not wholly trust any writing unless I am certain I know the author (more biblical sense than "Hi Bud").
    I would not wholly trust anything. No one can be certain of everything (including authors ), but we all have to start somewhere.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Useful Post:

Elfe Mya (14th December 2014), KosmicKat (11th December 2014), modwiz (10th December 2014), Moonlight (14th December 2014), PurpleLama (10th December 2014), Shezbeth (11th December 2014)