Thread: 'Food Babe' Scam

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,398 Times in 3,150 Posts

'Food Babe' Scam

'You may have never heard of the 'Food Babe', but she is on a mission, taking on the big conglomerates with all the crap that is put in our food. She has been very successful and now has a huge following.

Now 'they' are targeting her big time, framing her as the 'Food Babe Scam'. Below is her email I received this morning. Clearly distressed. I would be too if you read the most disgusting comments she has received.

This brave woman is doing work most of us don't have time for. IMO we should support her. No-one should have to put up with this.

Who pays for these trolls to persecute this woman?

Please be aware before you read, some of the material is highly offensive and disturbing in the extreme.

I will post the link in a minute....

'On Saturday I spent 10 hours stuck to my desk pouring out my heart and soul into a blog post I never thought I would have to write. Given the recent events, it's time you know the truth, how I feel and how I am responding to the recent attacks on me and our movement.

There is a massive smear campaign going on across social media and media outlets to discredit all the work we have accomplished in creating a safer and more transparent food system. Part of the reason I am responding now is because their messages have started to infiltrate the mainstream media. I know many of you have been waiting for this response so you too can have the information on how to defend our position and address these hatred groups, skeptics and misguided people.

Rest assured, I will not let them distract us from the real issues at hand or let them silence us. To those of you that have defended our movement through countless discussions on the web, in forums and social media – I THANK YOU!

WARNING: The images in this post are VERY GRAPHIC and OFFENSIVE. I almost didn't share these screenshots, but my team who deals with this vitriolic behavior on a daily basis wanted to make sure you saw just a glimpse of what we are experiencing.

Read this brand new post here.

I cannot do what I am doing alone, without you I am nothing.
    Thank you again for standing by my side. The truth shall prevail.
    Xo,
    Vani

P.S. Given the nature of the environment we are in, we need your reinforcing support more than ever. I have started a special group on Facebook and I invite you to join here.

This group is a place where members of this movement can meet, ask questions, post news stories, petitions, events, healthy recipes, and share their personal stories. It’s an encouraging place where we can support each other in navigating this over processed world during our journey to a healthier life. When you join, feel open to introduce yourself. The more we share, the more we’ll learn from one another.'
    '
    Last edited by 777, 9th December 2014 at 14:34. Reason: Make warning larger!

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

777 (9th December 2014), Calabash (9th December 2014), Cearna (10th December 2014), lookbeyond (9th December 2014), Melidae (9th December 2014), Pris (10th December 2014), Ria (9th December 2014), Stoat muldoon (9th December 2014), Tonz (9th December 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Calabash (9th December 2014), Cearna (10th December 2014), lookbeyond (9th December 2014), Melidae (9th December 2014), PurpleLama (9th December 2014), Ria (9th December 2014), Tonz (9th December 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,662 Times in 1,289 Posts
    there so many sick heads around on social media it really puts me off most all social media,almost no matter what subject is in hand or issue a number of offencive posts have to be there , its as if its normal these days ,i even have a college at work that takes the opportunity when he can get away with it to do or say similar type things to other staff members , he thinks it's ok , i think hes gonna get it one day.

are they attacking this girl for trying to expose things or is it just another lot of idiots using social media for there dysfunctional psychological desires?

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tonz For This Useful Post:

Calabash (9th December 2014), gardener (9th December 2014), lookbeyond (9th December 2014), Melidae (9th December 2014), Ria (9th December 2014), Sooz (9th December 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    I don't know tonton. Sometimes I think they don't even think of what someone is trying to say. It appears to me, to be a sick perversion of taking aim at anyone and to be the most vile they can be.

They seem to get a kick out of it. Making anonymous, puerile threats behind the safety of their keyboards.

I'm thinking there must be an agency out there that recruits and markets said people and pays them to do this stuff. I mean, do people do this on their own volition? The woman is trying to do some good. Why would these nutters come out of the woodwork unless they were paid?

Sometimes I just want to stop the planet and get off.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Calabash (9th December 2014), Cearna (10th December 2014), gardener (9th December 2014), lookbeyond (9th December 2014), Melidae (9th December 2014), Ria (9th December 2014), Tonz (9th December 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,662 Times in 1,289 Posts
    i can relate to that lately , but perhaps we should be focusing on her good work and not give energy to the negatives .

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tonz For This Useful Post:

Calabash (9th December 2014), Cearna (10th December 2014), gardener (9th December 2014), lookbeyond (9th December 2014), Melidae (9th December 2014), Ria (9th December 2014), Sooz (9th December 2014)

Senior Member Togo Stoat muldoon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,719 Times in 436 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Sooz View Post
    I don't know tonton. Sometimes I think they don't even think of what someone is trying to say. It appears to me, to be a sick perversion of taking aim at anyone and to be the most vile they can be.

They seem to get a kick out of it. Making anonymous, puerile threats behind the safety of their keyboards.

I'm thinking there must be an agency out there that recruits and markets said people and pays them to do this stuff. I mean, do people do this on their own volition? The woman is trying to do some good. Why would these nutters come out of the woodwork unless they were paid?

Shills are everywhere these days , most intelligent people just ignore them . Shills are so obvious, as is the troll . I've met a few along the way and have a hardened shell towards them . This lady needs to toughen up, take a few to court and make some money out of them and give it to charity . Especially the one's who threaten her life , there are a couple on there that I read .

Her frustration is obvious , but I hope it doesn't discourage her from her mission of outing the food industry for what it is .
    Last edited by Stoat muldoon, 9th December 2014 at 11:25.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Stoat muldoon For This Useful Post:

Cearna (10th December 2014), gardener (9th December 2014), lookbeyond (9th December 2014), Melidae (9th December 2014), Ria (9th December 2014), Sooz (9th December 2014), Tonz (9th December 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    I don't want to labour the point...well ok, yes, I will labour the point. I've been thinking about this over a smoke on my porch (always a good place to labour a point, lol).

I have a marketing background but I've been out of the game a long time now. But nevertheless, I'm thinking with all these violent video games, there must be surveys that pay, like $2 or $5 to complete an online survey connected to the game. (Would be attractive to teenagers with not much money). They can then segment those who complete the survey and hook them into further surveys. Those with the 'right attitude' can be conscripted to be paid trolls on sites such as the Food Babe and many other sites targeted. I'm sure it goes on.

Like I say, I've been out of the biz for a long time but it wouldn't surprise me that this goes on. Almost nothing surprises me these days, lol...

tonton I relate to your comment re focussing on her good work and not giving energy to the negatives, but I like to dig a little deeper and figure out what's going on underneath and then try to do something about it.

Love to you
    Sooz

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Cearna (10th December 2014), lookbeyond (9th December 2014), Melidae (9th December 2014), Ria (9th December 2014), Tonz (9th December 2014)

Retired Member Haiti
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,813 Times in 895 Posts
    I agree with all the comments but I think a lot of it is down to her looks.

If she looked like this :

and not this:

then it might not be so bad. People are good but the Public is mean. You only have to look at the comments under most You Tube videos.
    Last edited by Calabash, 9th December 2014 at 11:48. Reason: smaller pics

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calabash For This Useful Post:

lookbeyond (9th December 2014), Melidae (9th December 2014), Sooz (9th December 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Stoat muldoon View Post
    Shills are everywhere these days , most intelligent people just ignore them . Shills are so obvious, as is the troll . I've met a few along the way and have a hardened shell towards them . This lady needs to toughen up, take a few to court and make some money out of them and give it to charity . Especially the one's who threaten her life , there are a couple on there that I read .

Her frustration is obvious , but I hope it doesn't discourage her from her mission of outing the food industry for what it is .
    Hi Stoat, I agree with you, however, there is the mainstream media where the majority get their daily feed and then there is the alternative media where us people feed. ATM neither the twain shall meet.

I think the Food Babe is most concerned that this stuff is getting into mainstream media - the general public - who are not enlightened, sorry to say. And they take this stuff to be real without any investigation.

I get her frustration. We know shills, we know trolls, but the mainstream get sucked into it all. Don't know much more to say.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Calabash (9th December 2014), Cearna (10th December 2014), lookbeyond (9th December 2014), Melidae (9th December 2014), Stoat muldoon (9th December 2014), Tonz (10th December 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,106 Times in 484 Posts
    I've never heard of the Food Babe before. Thanks for bringing this info here, Sooz.

I also want to thank all the shills and trolls...they're reaction tells me all I need to know about her effectiveness. I now stand with her in her mission, support her work, and will spread the word.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Melidae For This Useful Post:

Calabash (9th December 2014), Cearna (10th December 2014), lookbeyond (9th December 2014), Pris (10th December 2014), Sooz (9th December 2014), Tonz (10th December 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Melidae View Post
    I've never heard of the Food Babe before. Thanks for bringing this info here, Sooz.

I also want to thank all the shills and trolls...they're reaction tells me all I need to know about her effectiveness. I now stand with her in her mission, support her work, and will spread the word.
    Exactly, thanks Melidae.

Sooz

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Calabash (9th December 2014), lookbeyond (9th December 2014), Melidae (9th December 2014), Tonz (10th December 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Calabash View Post
    I agree with all the comments but I think a lot of it is down to her looks.

If she looked like this :

and not this:

then it might not be so bad. People are good but the Public is mean. You only have to look at the comments under most You Tube videos.
    theres certainly truth in this Calabash. And i do hate to say it, however despite her good intentions and good work, labelling yourself as a "babe" (even if u are!) is probably also shooting yourself just a little in the foot...as yes people will b mean

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Useful Post:

Calabash (9th December 2014), Cearna (10th December 2014), Melidae (10th December 2014), Pris (10th December 2014), Tonz (10th December 2014)

(account terminated) Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,923 Times in 728 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Melidae View Post

I've never heard of her before either. Frick... I'm already my own 'food babe'.

I'd never call myself that, though. She is kind of setting herself up for ridicule... but, maybe that's the whole idea. It's certainly making people pay attention to her. I'm glad she's out there doing what she can to enlighten people. Her message is crystal clear.

The trolls are far too obvious and desperate. We must be getting close to a big change... This is reassuring.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Useful Post:

Melidae (11th December 2014), modwiz (10th December 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Yes, ridicule. The product of small minds from the people and calculated distraction from other sectors. Critique can be very helpful. Ridicule is just the sound of people's personal agony.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Melidae (11th December 2014), Pris (10th December 2014), PurpleLama (10th December 2014), Sooz (11th December 2014)