Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordan Maxwell & Other Paranormal Stories

Retired Member UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,600 Times in 1,366 Posts
    You are right Elen, that video was posted 1st April 2010.

You rascal Jimmer.
    If there is one thing Jimmer taught me, it's, read the YouTube comments. ('~')
    Frances.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frances For This Useful Post:

Elen (22nd August 2015), jimmer (21st August 2015), sandancer (24th August 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,116 Times in 3,777 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Frances View Post
    You are right Elen, that video was posted 1st April 2010.

You rascal Jimmer.
    If there is one thing Jimmer taught me, it's, read the YouTube comments. ('~')
    Frances.

ooops. posted april first.

my excuse? multi-tasking, I tell ya! it's not my fault! : )

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Elen (22nd August 2015), Frances (21st August 2015), sandancer (24th August 2015)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks

The Televised Alien Broadcast Of 1977.

Source:- http://www.ghosttheory.com/2012/02/1...adcast-of-1977
    Link to the full article.

THE TELEVISED ALIEN BROADCAST OF 1977.

The droning chatter of the evening news filed thousands of homes late one November evening in 1977. As the anchorman unenthusiastically reads the top world headlines, the audio portion of the televised feed was interrupted.

The hijack of the Southern Television broadcast came not from pranksters looking for a cheap thrill, but from an extraterrestrial being who issued a dire warning to all people.

The message.

The Southern Television station in England had one of their local transmitters jammed with a strange signal. The evening of November 26th, 1977, proved to be a real bizarre events for thousands of viewers and station employees.

As the news feed rolled, the audio was interrupted. Viewers must have recoiled in discomfort as the shrieking and crackling sounds cut through their speakers. Through the metallic static they heard a deep buzzing that seem to come through in waves. It was right then that a deep masculine voice commanded their attention. In an echoing voice, the speaker introduced himself as a representative of the Ashtar Galactic Command.

“This is the voice of Vrillon, a representative of the Ashtar Galactic Command, speaking to you. For many years you have seen us as lights in the skies. We speak to you now in peace and wisdom as we have done to your brothers and sisters all over this, your planet Earth. We come to warn you of the destiny of your race and your world so that you may communicate to your fellow beings the course you must take to avoid the disasters which threaten your world, and the beings on our worlds around you.”

The anchorman unaware of the signal hijack continued with his report. As the video played on those screens, the echoing of the alien voice sounded colder and more somber. Vrillon continues with a message to the world’s leaders to destroy the weapons of evil and to learn to live together in peace, because our time here on Earth is short. I bet many of them viewers sat there with a guilty conscience and the napalm flashbacks of the recent war. The alien voice continued:

This is in order that you may share in the great awakening, as the planet passes into the New Age of Aquarius. The New Age can be a time of great peace and evolution for your race, but only if your rulers are made aware of the evil forces that can overshadow their judgments. Be still now and listen, for your chance may not come again. All your weapons of evil must be removed. The time for conflict is now past and the race of which you are a part may proceed to the higher stages of its evolution if you show yourselves worthy to do this. You have but a short time to learn to live together in peace and goodwill. Small groups all over the planet are learning this, and exist to pass on the light of the dawning New Age to you all. You are free to accept or reject their teachings, but only those who learn to live in peace will pass to the higher realms of spiritual evolution. Hear now the voice of Vrillon, a representative of the Ashtar Galactic Command, speaking to you. Be aware also that there are many false prophets and guides operating in your world. They will suck your energy from you – the energy you call money and will put it to evil ends and give you worthless dross in return. Your inner divine self will protect you from this. You must learn to be sensitive to the voice within that can tell you what is truth, and what is confusion, chaos and untruth.
    Frances.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frances For This Useful Post:

Elen (28th August 2015), jimmer (28th August 2015), sandancer (28th August 2015)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks

1977 Alien Broadcast Live On BBC.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Wpwvf7M_w

Uploaded 28 June 2013. Video 5:45.
    Frances.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frances For This Useful Post:

Elen (28th August 2015), jimmer (28th August 2015)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks

1977 Alien Broadcast Live On BBC.

“This is the voice of Vrillon, a representative of the Ashtar Galactic Command, speaking to you. For many years you have seen us as lights in the skies".

The above sentence pulls me back to John A. Keel.
    The voice refers to themselves as " lights in the skies", not as space crafts. This sentence makes me think of The Ultra-terrestrials.
    John Keels's Tricksters.

I know it is possible that it was a hoax by a human.
    But I like to keep my options open.

"We speak to you now in peace and wisdom as we have done to your brothers and sisters all over this, your planet Earth. We come to warn you of the destiny of your race and your world so that you may communicate to your fellow beings the course you must take to avoid the disasters which threaten your world, and the beings on our worlds around you.”

Are they talking about dimensional beings that surround our world/planet Earth?
    The message does not sound like a human has scripted it.
    Frances.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frances For This Useful Post:

jimmer (28th August 2015), sandancer (28th August 2015)

Retired Member England
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,685 Times in 245 Posts
    I recall that too, it would be interesting if such things were factual but I can safely say the Ashtar Galactic Command belongs solely in the minds of Star Trek fans, oh, and those delusional channelers spouting the teachings of same LOL

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmokeyJoe1952 For This Useful Post:

Frances (27th August 2015), sandancer (28th August 2015)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks
    Ha ha, you could be right there Barry.
    Frances.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frances For This Useful Post:

sandancer (28th August 2015), SmokeyJoe1952 (28th August 2015)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks

Carlisle Cursing Stone.

Source:- http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk/e...ing-stone.html

Carlisle's Cursing Stone.

Since the installation of the sculpted granite "Cursing Stone" inscribed with a 16th Century curse in one of Carlisle's museums in 2001 misfortune has plagued the city.

Livestock herds around the city on the border with Scotland were wiped out by foot-and-mouth disease, there has been a devastating flood, factories have closed, a boy was murdered in a local bakery and Carlisle United soccer team dropped a league.

Local councillor Jim Tootle insists the stone, designed by artist Andy Altman who arranged the inscription of the 1,069 word-long curse against robbers, blackmailers and highwaymen who plagued the area 500 years ago, is destroyed or removed.

Councillor Mike Mitchelson, leader of Carlisle City Council, said: "The removal of the stone has been proposed by a council member and will be discussed as part of our Council meeting next Tuesday.

"We're obliged to address his comments, but estimate that it will cost the council several thousands of pounds to remove the stone."

"Carlisle is still in the process of recovering from the devastating January floods and our efforts are concentrated towards providing as much help as we can to local residents and businesses."

"The Council will need to look at whether the removal of the stone is a financial priority for the local area."

The city council also say local Christian groups, including the Bishop of Carlisle, were consulted and were in agreement with the "Cursing Stone" and a blessing was included within the artwork taken from The Bible, Philippians 4 Verse 6.

Artist Young, a descendant of one of the reiver families, has angrily compared the plan to the destruction of the giant Buddhas in Bamiyan by Afgahnistan's Taliban regime in 2001.

"It is of that order. They want to smash it to pieces. It is a powerful work of art but it is certainly not part of the occult," he said.

Has an art installation cursed Carlisle? A number of locals are blaming a stone sculpture for a series of local calamities. Tanya Gold visits the stricken city in an attempt to lift the spell. "Beware, beware," as Bela Lugosi would say. "Beware the cursing stone of Carlisle." This is not a Universal horror film, however, or a Hammer lesbian-vampire tale. This is northern England 2005, where a granite boulder, inscribed with an ancient curse, is torturing an entire city. Carlisle is in the thick of a Da Vinci Code-style drama, starring malevolent stones, bishops and archbishops, fearful locals, an angry sculptor and a Liberal Democrat councillor called Jim.

I have arrived in the Scottish borders on a clear morning to see if I can bring an end to the accursedness which, by all accounts, has been going on for too long. The prologue was almost five centuries ago, when, in 1525, the Archbishop of Glasgow, Gavin Dunbar wrought a whopping 1,069-word curse on the Reiver people, who were pillaging the district. "I curse their head and all the hairs of their head," said the archbishop. "I curse their face, their brain, their mouth, their nose, their tongue, their teeth. May the thunder and lightning which rained down upon Sodom and Gomorrah, rain down upon them."
    Frances.
    Last edited by Frances, 28th August 2015 at 00:12.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frances For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th August 2015), idigress (28th August 2015), jimmer (28th August 2015), sandancer (28th August 2015), sandy (28th August 2015)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks

Carlisle Cursing Stone.

Source:- http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/do...told-1.1098494

'DON'T TOUCH CARLISLE'S CURSING STONE, IT'LL BRING US BAD LUCK' FOOTBALL FANS TOLD

Published at 13:04, Thursday, 14 November 2013

Crawley Town football fans have been urged not to touch Carlisle's infamous 'cursing stone' when they visit this weekend.

The sculpted granite stone, inscribed with a 16th Century curse, is in the city’s Tullie House Millennium Gallery.

Crawley are three places and three points ahead of Carlisle Utd in League One and play the Blues at Brunton Park on Saturday.

In a bizarre move, the Crawley Town Football Policing Team today urged all supporters travelling to Carlisle not to touch the stone, presumably fearing bad luck will follow.

"With our poor run of form recently we don't need any further bad luck," they later said on social network Twitter.

The stone has been blamed for floods in the city, foot and mouth disease and even Carlisle United’s relegation from the football league.

The stone itself made worldwide news in 2005 when, following the floods, the Bishop of Carlisle called the curse “ungodly.”

International attention then followed when councillor Jim Tootle called for its destruction or removal because of its suspected involvement in “several disasters reaching Biblical proportions”.

He linked it to a fire which destroyed Rathbones bakery and mass redundancies at Cavaghan & Gray.
    Frances.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frances For This Useful Post:

jimmer (28th August 2015), sandancer (28th August 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,116 Times in 3,777 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Frances View Post
    “This is the voice of Vrillon, a representative of the Ashtar Galactic Command, speaking to you. For many years you have seen us as lights in the skies".

The above sentence pulls me back to John A. Keel.
    The voice refers to themselves as " lights in the skies", not as space crafts. This sentence makes me think of The Ultra-terrestrials.
    John Keels's Tricksters.

I know it is possible that it was a hoax by a human.
    But I like to keep my options open.

"We speak to you now in peace and wisdom as we have done to your brothers and sisters all over this, your planet Earth. We come to warn you of the destiny of your race and your world so that you may communicate to your fellow beings the course you must take to avoid the disasters which threaten your world, and the beings on our worlds around you.”

Are they talking about dimensional beings that surround our world/planet Earth?
    The message does not sound like a human has scripted it.
    Frances.
    spooky.

well it seems (1977 - 2015) that we made it.
    whew.

that vrillion sure did go on. I guess we don't get to that next level for the foreseeable future.

that's right out of a movie.
    like the recent 'man of steel' -- 'YOU ARE NOT ALONE.'

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Frances (28th August 2015), sandancer (28th August 2015)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks

Search And Rescue Officers Are Seeing Staircases In The National Forest.

Source:- https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/3iex1h/

Part 1.

I'm a Search and Rescue Officer for the US Forest Service, I have some stories to tell.

This is the last one I'll tell, and it's probably the weirdest story I have. Now, I don't know if this is true in every SAR unit, but in mine, it's sort of an unspoken, regular thing we run into. You can try asking about it with other SAR officers, but even if they know what you're talking about, they probably won't say anything about it. We've been told not to talk about it by our superiors, and at this point we've all gotten so used to it that it doesn't even seem weird anymore.

On just about every case where we're really far into the wilderness, I'm talking 30 or 40 miles, at some point we'll find a staircase in the middle of the woods. It's almost like if you took the stairs in your house, cut them out, and put them in the forest. I asked about it the first time I saw some, and the other officer just told me not to worry about it, that it was normal. Everyone I asked said the same thing. I wanted to go check them out, but I was told, very emphatically, that I should never go near any of them.
    I just sort of ignore them now when I run into them because it happens so frequently.

I have a lot more stories, and I suppose if anyone's interested, I'll tell some of them tomorrow. If anyone has any theories about the stairs, or if you've seen them too, let me know.

I have been listening to The Art Bell Show, in the opening section he gives a short account of this story
    So I looked for it on the Internet and found the account by The Search & Rescue Officer.
    Frances.
    Last edited by Frances, 30th August 2015 at 00:37.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frances For This Useful Post:

jimmer (29th August 2015), sandancer (28th August 2015), The One (28th August 2015)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks

The Lorretto Chapel. New Mexico, U.S.A.

Source:- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loretto_Chapel

The Lorretto Chapel.

The Loretto Chapel in Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA is a former Roman Catholic church that is now used as a museum and wedding chapel. It is known for its unusual helix-shaped spiral staircase (the "Miraculous Stair"), the name and origin of the builder has still not been verified. The Sisters of Loretto credit St. Joseph with its construction.

It has been the subject of legend and rumor, and the circumstances surrounding its construction and its builder are considered miraculous by the Sisters of Loretto and many visitors.

History of the staircase construction.

In 1872 Jean-Baptiste Lamy, the Bishop of the Santa Fe Archdiocese, commissioned the building of a convent chapel to be named Our Lady of Light Chapel, which would be in the care of the Sisters of Loretto. The chapel was designed by French architect Antoine Mouly in the Gothic Revival style, complete with spires, buttresses, and stained glass windows imported from France. Although it was built on a much smaller scale, the chapel bears an obvious resemblance to the Sainte-Chapelle in Paris.

The architect died suddenly and it was only after much of the chapel was constructed that the builders realized it was lacking any type of stairway to the choir loft. Due to the chapel's small size, a standard staircase would have been too large. Historians have also noted that earlier churches of the period had ladders rather than stairs to the choir loft, but the Sisters did not feel comfortable with that prospect because of the long habits that they wore.

The Sisters of Loretto relate the story as follows:

Needing a way to get up to the choir loft the nuns prayed for St. Joseph's intercession for nine straight days. On the day after their novena ended a shabby-looking stranger appeared at their door. He told the nuns he would build them a staircase but that he needed total privacy and locked himself in the chapel for three months. He used a small number of primitive tools including a square, a saw and some warm water and constructed a spiral staircase entirely of non-native wood. The identity of the carpenter is not known for as soon as the staircase was finally finished he was gone. Many witnesses, upon seeing the staircase, feel it was constructed by St. Joseph himself, as a miraculous occurrence.

The resulting staircase is an impressive work of carpentry. It ascends twenty feet, making two complete revolutions up to the choir loft without the use of nails or apparent center support. It has been surmised that the central spiral of the staircase is narrow enough to serve as a central beam. Nonetheless there was no attachment unto any wall or pole in the original stairway, although in 1887 -- 10 years after it was built -- a railing was added and the outer spiral was fastened to an adjacent pillar. Instead of metal nails, the staircase was constructed using dowels or wooden pegs.

Model of the staircase before the metal railings were added.

Hypotheses for the mystery .

Master carpenter Tim Carter explains that, "A simple staircase has two beams, called stringers, and the treads of the staircase rest on these beams or are connected to them...the weight of the staircase [is] transferred to where the two stringers touch the floor. The only difference with the staircase at the Loretto Chapel is these beams or stringers have been twisted into a helix." However, Carter does view the staircase as a magnificent work of art, and a feat to create using modern tools, let alone with crude hand tools and no electricity.

Frances

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frances For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th August 2015), jimmer (29th August 2015)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks

Jacob's Ladder.

Source:- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob%27s_Ladder

Jacob's Ladder.

The description of Jacob's ladder appears in Genesis 28:10-19:

Jacob left Beersheba, and went toward Haran. He came to the place and stayed there that night, because the sun had set. Taking one of the stones of the place, he put it under his head and lay down in that place to sleep. And he dreamed, and behold, there was a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven; and behold, the angels of God were ascending and descending on it! And behold, the Lord stood above it [or "beside him"] and said, "I am the Lord, the God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac; the land on which you lie I will give to you and to your descendants; and your descendants shall be like the dust of the earth, and you shall spread abroad to the west and to the east and to the north and to the south; and by you and your descendants shall all the families of the earth bless themselves.

Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done that of which I have spoken to you." Then Jacob awoke from his sleep and said, "Surely the Lord is in this place; and I did not know it." And he was afraid, and said, "This is none other than the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven.

Afterwards, Jacob names the place, "Bethel" (literally, "House of God").

The ladder described in Genesis XXVIII 12, reaching from earth to heaven, on which Jacob saw in a dream angels anscending and descending. He saw angels in the guise of the princes of Babylon, Edon, Greecem and Media go up a symbolic number of steps and come down. The only one who did not ascend was the angel in the guise of the king of Edom. Although he saw a picture of him adorning the Throne of Glory.

Jacob did not aspire to climb the ladder himself. In many European countries, especially Poland, it is believed that the heavens part on Christmas night to reveal Jacob's ladder with its angels coming and going between earth and heaven.

Jacob's Ladder (Hebrew: Sulam Yaakov סולם יעקב) is the colloquial name for a bridge between the earth and heaven that the biblical Patriarch Jacob dreams about during his flight from his brother Esau, as described in the Book of Genesis.
    The significance of the dream has been somewhat debated, but most interpretations agree that it identified Jacob with the obligations and inheritance of the ethnic people chosen by God, as understood in the Judeo-Christian-Islam panoply. It has since been used as a symbolic reference in various other contexts.
    Frances

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Frances For This Useful Post:

jimmer (29th August 2015)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks

Jacob's Ladder.

Jacob's Dream by William Blake.
    (c.1805, British Museum London)
    Frances.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Frances For This Useful Post:

jimmer (29th August 2015)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks

Search And Rescue Officers Are Seeing Staircases In The National Forests.

Source:- https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/com...he_us_forest/?

Search And Rescue Officers Are Seeing Staircases In The National Forests.

Part 2.

One of my first jobs as a trainee was a search op for a four-year-old kid that had gotten separated from his mom. This was one of those cases where we knew we were gonna find him because the dogs were on a strong scent trail, and we saw clear signs that he was in the area.

We ended up finding him in a berry patch about half a mile from where he'd been last seen. Kid wasn't even aware that he'd wandered that far. One of the vets brought him back, which I was glad for because I'm really not good with kids, and I find it hard to talk to them and keep them company.

As my trainer and I are headed back, she decides to take me on a detour to show me one of the hot spots where we tend to find missing people. It's a natural dip in the land near a popular trail, and people will usually move downhill because it's easier. We hike out there, it's a few miles away, and we get there in about an hour or so.

As we're walking around the area and she's pointing out places she's found people in the past, I see something in the distance. Now, this area we're in is about eight miles from the main parking area, though there's back roads you can take to get closer if you don't want to hike that far. But we're on state-protected land, which means there can't be any kind of commercial or residential development out here. The most you'll ever see is a fire tower or makeshift shelter that homeless people think they can get away with building.

But I can see from here that whatever this thing is has straight edges, and if there's one thing you learn quickly, it's that nature rarely makes straight lines. I point it out, but she doesn't say anything. She just hangs back and lets me wander over and check it out. I get within about twenty feet of it, and all the hair on the back of my neck stands up. It's a staircase. In the middle of the woods.

In the proper context, it would literally be the most benign thing ever. It's just a normal staircase, with beige carpet, and about ten steps tall. But instead of being in a house, where it obviously should be, it's out here in the middle of the woods. The sides aren't carpeted, obviously, and I can see the wood it's made of. It's almost like a video game glitch, where the house has failed to load completely and the stairs are the only thing visible.

I stand there, and it's like my brain is working overtime to try and make sense of what I'm seeing. My trainer comes and stands next to me, and she just stands there casually, looking at it as if it's the least interesting thing in the world. I ask her what the **** is this thing doing here, and she just chuckles. 'Get used to it, rookie. You're gonna see a lot of them.'

I start to move closer, but she grabs my arm. Hard. 'I wouldn't do that.' She says. Her voice is casual, but her grip is tight, and I just stand there looking at her. 'You're gonna see them all the time, but don't go near them. Don't touch them, don't go up them. Just ignore them.' I start to ask her about it, but something in the way she's looking at me tells me that it's best if I don't. We end up moving on, and the subject doesn't come up again for the rest of my training. She was right, though. I'd say about every fifth call I go on, I end up running across a set of stairs.

Sometimes they're relatively close to the path, maybe within two or three miles. Sometimes they're twenty, thirty miles out, literally in the middle of nowhere, and I only find them during the broadest searches or training weekends. They're usually in good condition, but sometimes it looks like they've been out there for miles. All different kinds, all different sizes.

The biggest I ever saw looked like they came out of a turn-of-the-century mansion, and were at least ten feet wide, with steps leading up at least fifteen or twenty feet. I've tried talking about it with people, but they just give me the same response my trainer did. 'It's normal. Don't worry about it, they're not a big deal, but don't go close to them or up them.' When trainees ask me about it now, I give them the same response. I don't really know what else to tell them. I'm really hoping someday I get a better answer, but it hasn't happened yet.
    Frances.
    Last edited by Frances, 30th August 2015 at 00:38.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frances For This Useful Post:

jimmer (30th August 2015), sandy (30th August 2015)