Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How To Make COLLOIDAL SILVER

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    OK found it. Not on that river by the way.

Can anyone help with pointing me to the right direction to learn more about how this process works in terms of voltages, particle release. Why pure distilled water does not work etc.
    probably basic physics stuff. But yeah.. I never got the hang of that before in a meaningful way.

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th April 2015), Ria (16th October 2014), Spiral (16th October 2014), Woody (16th October 2014)

Thanks
    The simplest way to control these factors is to make the colloidal silver for yourself. By doing this, you will not know exactly what is there unless you do laboratory testing, but you will have a pretty good idea. Without laboratory testing of commercial products, you don't know much more, because the quality control batch to batch is loose with most brands. Also, by making it yourself, you will end up with real "colloidal" silver, which is the product referred to in most of the literature.

If you are already making your own colloidal silver, please pay special attention to this section because much of the information you now have may be incorrect.

The simplest way to make real colloidal silver at home is by the "low voltage electrolysis" method. A few batteries may be connected to some silver electrodes and placed in a glass of water. This process will cause small particles of silver to be sintered off the electrodes and enter the water. This deceptively simple method is very easy to do WRONG, and most people who are making colloidal silver at home are making an inferior product.

It's In The Water

When you do this yourself, it is very important to control the purity of the water, because the purity of the water is one of the factors that controls how small the particles of silver will be. Only high quality DISTILLED water should be used. You cannot use purified or filtered water because it still has too many dissolved minerals in it. You cannot use deionized water because it doesn't conduct electricity well enough to start the reaction. Distilled water is just perfect to start the reaction slowly and let it proceed properly.

Another variable that influences particle size is the water temperature. The warmer the water, the faster the reaction will take place, and the smaller the particles will be.

Please Pass The Salt

Regardless of what anyone has said to the contrary, silver chloride will ALWAYS form if any amount of salt is present. Never add anything to the water that will make the water conduct electricity better. Never add salt, sea salt, or Celtic sea salt to the distilled water because the salt puts chloride ions in the water that react with the silver to form silver chloride. Another serious problem arises when making colloidal silver with salt in the water. The presence of salt increases the electrical conductivity of the water and this dramatically speeds up the reaction. As the reaction speeds up under these circumstances, it produces larger particles. The product produced is invariably cloudy-white in appearance. Actual electron microscope photographs of this material show silver particles in the range of .05 to .15 microns. These particles are TOO LARGE to form a colloidal suspension, and the proof is that the material will settle to the bottom of the container in a very short period of time. Therefore, this home brewed "colloidal silver" product may be dangerous to consume internally for TWO reasons: the presence of silver chloride and the production of large particles.

The Best Is Yet To Come

The very best voltage for the reaction is 30 volts, because the electrodes run the cleanest at this voltage. If you have a small power supply, set it for 30 volts. If you are running on batteries, it is best to start at 36 volts (three 12 volt batteries or four 9 volt batteries) and let the batteries drain down from there. Holding the silver electrodes at a uniform distance away from each other yields a better product.

When 30 volts is applied across silver electrodes held uniformly apart in distilled water, a totally different event happens. First, the reaction proceeds very slowly. Often, for the first 15 minutes nothing seems to be happening. Then finally, a faint yellow mist will begin to form. Within a few minutes, the reaction will speed up, but the particles produced will be a golden-yellow as viewed with a flashlight. Using this method, 8 ounces of distilled water at room temperature can be made into a 3-5 ppm colloidal silver preparation in 20-25 minutes. Made this way, colloidal silver can cost under 10¢/oz to make. Electron microscope photographs of this product show a silver particle size in the range .001 to .004 microns. During manufacturing, the particle cloud is a golden-yellow. These particles will hang in the water at the level they are produced, and for the most part, will not fall to the bottom of the glass. This is what a "colloidal" preparation of silver looks like. After the particles disperse, the water will look clear again, but may turn a light yellow if the concentration is high enough and after the particles have become evenly dispersed.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Taken from
    http://educate-yourself.org/cs/csarticle2.shtml

So what do you think.

WIth Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th April 2015), Elen (14th July 2015), Ria (16th October 2014), Sooz (16th October 2014), Woody (16th October 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,882 Times in 3,290 Posts
    There are a lot of errors in that article Eelco, silver chloride will form anyway when you drink it because the electrolysis method produces a lot of silver ions, which is not the same as CS because CS is silver nano particles.

This is part of the scam that people selling CS & CS machines have been doing, silver ions are not CS & they have to hide this by banging on about distilled water, or fudging it by making out that ions are CS.

That said electrolysis does produce some CS, about 10 % of what is made is CS, the other 90 % being ions.

Apparently silver ions are fantastic anti microbials, so are good on the skin or for cleaning, but the minute they contact salt silver chloride is formed, which is the milky effect I get with electrolysis.

Silver chloride is not harmful unless taken in large quantities.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th April 2015), Catsquotl (16th October 2014), Ria (16th October 2014), Woody (16th October 2014)

Thanks
    I'm not that worried about the silver choride, although I am thinking about using just distilled water. What I did find interesting is the voltage used.
    In some aricles and here on tot the thought seems to be the lower the voltage the smaller the particles. Although in other articles the higher the voltage the smaller. This one claims that 30 to 36 volts is optimum. Anyone any ideas about that?

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th April 2015), Ria (16th October 2014), Spiral (16th October 2014), Woody (16th October 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,684 Times in 1,382 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Eelco View Post
    I'm not that worried about the silver choride, although I am thinking about using just distilled water. What I did find interesting is the voltage used.
    In some aricles and here on tot the thought seems to be the lower the voltage the smaller the particles. Although in other articles the higher the voltage the smaller. This one claims that 30 to 36 volts is optimum. Anyone any ideas about that?

With Love
    Eelco
    I find that piece you posted confusing. Even the writer seems confused about voltage effects. He/she notes that a faster reaction causes larger particles but also insists that a lower voltage does so to.

I'm going to shut up and see what others come up with.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th April 2015), Catsquotl (16th October 2014), Ria (16th October 2014), Spiral (16th October 2014), Woody (16th October 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,564 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Well. Let's have a think about how it works.

For one thing, pure, distilled water is not a good idea. Not because distilled water is bad to consume (it's not) but because pure water isn't a very good conductor of electricity. What actually conducts electricity is the impurities in the water, with the current leaping from one to the other through the water. This is why there is mention of a saline solution, as the sodium ions in salt are electrolytes and thus useful for this, which is electrolysis.

A high voltage is a higher eletrical potential from one silver strip to the other. The higher the voltage, the stringer the force of attraction is between the strips of silver. You can think of a high voltage as being like explosive decompression for silver molecules: it will encourage large chunks to brek off. A weaker voltage is slower because that attractive force is weaker, thus when that force manages to pull of a bit of silver, the bit it will pull off will be small: the voltage won't have the power for anything bigger.

The impurities in the water have a chance to bond with the released silver molecules. This is why it is not a great idea to use tap water, even if the water is unfluoridated. The good news is that silver is not a very reactive metal and forms compounds only very rarely. The attractive force between sodium and chlorine atoms is such that using distilled water made electroconducive by the addition of salt is a safe way of isolating pure, elemental and colloidal silver.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th April 2015), Catsquotl (16th October 2014), norman (16th October 2014), Ria (16th October 2014), Sooz (22nd October 2014), Spiral (16th October 2014), Woody (16th October 2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by norman
    I find that piece you posted confusing.
    Yes same here.. I am confused, but thanks to SK a little less so.

One question remains. what would be a good sollution of salt.
    Just a pinch, or go for 0.9 saline sollution.

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th April 2015), Ria (16th October 2014), Sooz (22nd October 2014), Spiral (16th October 2014), Woody (16th October 2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Headless Horseman View Post
    There are a lot of errors in that article Eelco, silver chloride will form anyway when you drink it because the electrolysis method produces a lot of silver ions, which is not the same as CS because CS is silver nano particles.

This is part of the scam that people selling CS & CS machines have been doing, silver ions are not CS & they have to hide this by banging on about distilled water, or fudging it by making out that ions are CS.
    I didn't get the idea the writer of this article is trying to sell CS or a CS machine. Reading the whole article to felt like well researched material...
    But then i can be fooled to believe almost anything..

The thing I am thinking of in thinking about this is that will a silver particle bonded and "changed" to silver chloride. Still be useful in killing germs when ingested. My common sense tells me no. Which would suggest low electrolityc water would be better (dystilled) as it would have less particles for the silver to bond with prior to ingesting it wouldn't it?

Also if a low voltage means smaller particles. the reactivity of the water sollution would also come into play wouldn't it?
    In my mind an easier reaction ( salter water) would speed up the process and produse bigger silver particles. Or low electrolythic propperties means more tension has to be build up which also would mean bigger particles..

Just thinking out loud here...

WIth Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Aaaaaand another question.

As colodial silver is used as an antibiotic, I am guessing it will kill "friendly" bacteria in the gut as wel..
    So do you use probiotic yoghurts or something on the side as well to keep a healthy gut bacterial colony going

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,882 Times in 3,290 Posts
    I didn't get the idea the writer of this article is trying to sell CS or a CS machine. Reading the whole article to felt like well researched material...
    But then i can be fooled to believe almost anything..

The thing I am thinking of in thinking about this is that will a silver particle bonded and "changed" to silver chloride. Still be useful in killing germs when ingested. My common sense tells me no. Which would suggest low electrolityc water would be better (dystilled) as it would have less particles for the silver to bond with prior to ingesting it wouldn't it?

Also if a low voltage means smaller particles. the reactivity of the water sollution would also come into play wouldn't it?
    In my mind an easier reaction ( salter water) would speed up the process and produse bigger silver particles. Or low electrolythic propperties means more tension has to be build up which also would mean bigger particles..

Just thinking out loud here...

WIth Love
    Eelco
    Colloidal silver is nano particles of pure silver, it does not readily react or bond with anything, its the silver ions that bond with salt because its unstable, the two are not the same thing at all.

Here is a lengthy article about CS, Ions & the various brands & what they really contain http://www.silver-colloids.com/Reports/reports.html

Aaaaaand another question.

As colodial silver is used as an antibiotic, I am guessing it will kill "friendly" bacteria in the gut as wel..
    So do you use probiotic yoghurts or something on the side as well to keep a healthy gut bacterial colony going

With Love
    Eelco
    Yes its a good idea to take a good pro biotic the day after you have taken CS and maybe for a few days too.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th April 2015), Catsquotl (19th October 2014), Ria (16th October 2014)

Thanks
    Just adding this comment I found under the first poste video on youtube..
    Sort of making this thread an aquired info on CS if no one minds...

With Love
    Eelco

-------------------------------------
    ok here goes. First of all distilled water less than 5 ppm of soluble this this is to maintain the integrity of the colloids. Now. 1>How to produce the ion? this is really important. the silver .wires or electrodes must be .999 silver or better. 2. the operation must have 30 volts or more as any less you get a oxygen attachment to your ions. no bubbling as it also generates oxygen. 3. I suggest 40 volts or more (silverlungs.com) Cafalde trained me. he is master chemist in Chemistry dealing with precious metals. 4. this is very important change polarity on your electrodes often,as that keeps the solution from dropping silver oxides to the bottom of your vessel. 5. in 2 to 4 hours youl have 20 to 40 ppm colloids depending on the time. you continue the voltage to the water. Also stir quite often but slowly.
    6 now you should have a clear liquid. If making a quart of Colloid solution add 1 1/4 teaspoon of non GMO corn starch this sets up a chemical reduction when heated to 180 degrees thus allowing ions to become metals (silver) in 20 atom clusters. the liquid when cooled should look like the color of honey , not yellow like silver chlorides. I have produced many gallons of 20 to 40 PPM colloidal silver for medicinal use and its always tested superior. Hospitals here use it in cleaning and many drs and nurses drink it. I guess they like the taste.
    -----------------------------------
    Have a great day today

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th April 2015), norman (22nd October 2014)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Hello All! I have been making my own colloidal silver for years and have not turned blue yet! I use distilled water and 9999 silver wires. Some are flat and long, some are slim and long and I have used 9999 silver dollars too in a bind. I do not salt my water for as I understand, it changes the property of the solution. It should be clear. Can be kept indefinite and I do not measure, but just gulp as needed. Mouthful or so several times a day.
    I have even put little kits together and given them out for Christmas.

You can use it on counters and the like but I would rather use Hydrogen peroxide, super oxygenating a surface is just as beneficial as bleach. I just do not like bleach because it is not good for my well. Heck I put food grade peroxide in my well too!, and use it in laundry but just the stuff in the bottle from the drugstore. The food grade is too powerful and can have a "bleach" effect...oops....sorry off point.
    Have any questions aout silver water I can try and help answer your questions though...
    Take care!

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Windancer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th April 2015), Church (11th April 2015), Elen (14th July 2015), Sooz (12th April 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Thankyou so much all, will now be doing this

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Sooz (12th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Years ago I built a colloidal silver generator using a 10kv neon sign tranformer. I used a gallon sized container and 3-electrodes. One silver bar was partially submerged in the center along it's length, and two silver wires were suspended about 1/2" above the water on either side of the silver bar. When energized, a cone of water would lift from the water around each suspended silver wire. It was facinating to watch, however not being able to determine the quality of product being produced, I discontinued using the generator.

Any comments about this type of High-Voltage colloidal silver generation?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to dlipter For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th April 2015)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by dlipter View Post

Any comments about this type of High-Voltage colloidal silver generation?
    10 KeV is a bit much perhaps. Too large particles maybe. Not real sure, probably good that you discontinued that practice...LOL But you have the idea though!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Windancer For This Useful Post:

Sooz (12th April 2015)