Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: John Keel, Adventurer

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,882 Times in 3,290 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by jimmer View Post
    could be the start of something big (I love this frickin icon)
    john would be proud.

have you read it, spiral? if so, whadaya think?

nice halloween icon. sc-c-c-ary
    Only read chapter one so far & its very good indeed, we have got major thunderstorms forecast so I should have a lot of reading time over the next several days as we have to unplug everything to stop it being blown up !

Thanks for all the JK material you have dug up, there are few who can or will go beyond "spacemen from distant planets" he is up there with John Mack in my books.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (11th October 2014), Frances (10th October 2014), jimmer (9th October 2014), mojo (12th October 2014), samos (10th October 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,116 Times in 3,777 Posts
    wait until you get to the big, big, big concluding part III
    (on that day, be sure to have eaten your wheaties ; )

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (11th October 2014), Frances (10th October 2014), samos (10th October 2014), Spiral (10th October 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    if you're hankering to know more about john keel, his background, his experiences, what made him tick,
    check out this lengthy, wide-ranging, transcibed interview.

warm-up your text to speech machine. it's big.

"Then when I turned sixteen I got so bored with school
    because in this town’s school there were no courses left for me to take.
    I took all the science courses in one year,
    courses that were considered the toughest courses,
    chemistry and physics and so on."

"When I was living in New York as an eighteen year old,
    I was living in a furnished room and I woke up one night
    and the whole room was bathed in this very peculiar light.
    I thought the building was on fire!
    ... a flood of material was coming into my mind,
    and suddenly I understood everything."
    Last edited by jimmer, 28th November 2014 at 21:09.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (11th October 2014), Calabash (25th October 2014), Frances (10th October 2014), lift the veil (4th February 2015), lookbeyond (17th December 2014), samos (10th October 2014), Spiral (11th October 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    from the john keel tribute site:

John printed up many different business cards over the years, most of them with a distinctive Keelian twist.
    Visitors to this site who haven’t read Jadoo may be puzzled by the subtitle affixed to John’s name above.
    Let me quote from page 159, where our author is trying to get a visa extension from a hostile bureaucrat in Delhi:

“Suddenly there was a bellow of deep, booming laughter in another office. The young man reappeared.

“‘Follow me please.’

“He took me into a narrow, dimly lightly room where a huge man with sparkling eyes sat with his feet on the desk. He jumped up and shook my hand.

“‘You are the American who does the rope trick?’ he asked, grinning.

“He picked up my card from his desk — calling cards are much in vogue in India — read it over again, sat down with a crash, and rocked with mirth.

“I had a hundred of these cards printed up for two rupees bearing the legend: John A. Keel — Not an authority on anything.

“‘Wonderful! Wonderful!’ he cried. ‘You’re the first American I’ve ever met who wasn’t an ‘expert’ on something!'”

That broke the ice, and the visa was extended.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (11th October 2014), Frances (10th October 2014), lookbeyond (17th December 2014), mojo (13th October 2014), Spiral (11th October 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    here's an outreach to we TOTers.
    does anyone have the capability to download torrent files and post them?
    the reason I ask is that on January 24, 2002, Art Bell, for the first time, interviewed John Keel.
    I've found only two YT posted segments of that full interview.
    After researching the full interview file (for 2 days) and after contacting the webmaster at
    Art Bell's Dark Matter site, it looks like the owners of C2C have that show, locked up.
    the only way to listen to that keel-historic interview would be through torrent collections of past C2C shows.
    I do not have that capability.

for now, here are those two and only two segments.
    the first, loren coleman introduces art to john's career and the mothman saga (while promoting his book).
    the second, john comes on, slow at first and then it takes off like old friends, only to abruptly end. ouch.
    fun, nonetheless...

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Frances (10th October 2014), mojo (13th October 2014), samos (10th October 2014), Spiral (11th October 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    not to get too mothman-ed out, this 13 month flap is one of the best
    documented high strangeness cases in history.
    this one had it all: ufo sightings, a bizarre ominous bird-like creature, MIB, a stranger named Indrid Cold
    and what about all those mysterious phone calls and the prophecies...

if you are curious, this seems to be the best documentary I could find.

It features john keel and is not narrated by stacy keach for the history channel ; )

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (11th October 2014), Frances (11th October 2014), lift the veil (4th February 2015), mojo (12th October 2014), samos (13th October 2014), Spiral (11th October 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    ok, let's go all the way...

audio interview with woodward derenberger on first contact with the nefarious, indrid cold.

"We mean you no harm."

Last edited by jimmer, 12th October 2014 at 19:05.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Frances (12th October 2014), lift the veil (4th February 2015), mojo (12th October 2014), samos (13th October 2014), Spiral (11th October 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    1 in a never-ending series: applying the keel theory

for our first case, let's revisit a previously TOT posted case of ufo high-strangeness -- alien pancakes.

http://jandeane81.com/threads/2460-U...ll=1#post17758

now, here's an article about this όber strange, ultra out-there case,
    directly attaching its explanation to the ultraterrestrial theory shared by Valle and Keel.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/Cases/Cas...cle.asp?ID=973

1 down.
    Last edited by jimmer, 12th October 2014 at 18:55.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (12th October 2014), Frances (12th October 2014), mojo (13th October 2014), samos (13th October 2014), Spiral (12th October 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    2 in a never-ending series: applying the keel theory

from a recent Ria post on the thread: UFOs – Throughout The Ages with Stephen Mera
    http://jandeane81.com/threads/4293-U...h-Stephen-Mera

One of the earliest of documented sightings of aerial phenomena took place on April 4, 1561 at dawn over Nuremberg, Germany.
    (note: the descriptions of the aerial objects were not of a technology or look the could not have related to that time period.
    they only saw things they could imagine and relate to, as fantastic as this display was.)

http://altereddimensions.net/2012/nu...any-ufo-battle

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (12th October 2014), Frances (12th October 2014), mojo (13th October 2014), samos (13th October 2014), Spiral (12th October 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    who was the 'father' of modern ufology?
    keyhole? no.
    adamski? no.
    kenneth arnold? no chance.
    it was an impish publisher named, ray palmer.

swipe and read john keel's telling of how it all started and took off.

In 1947, the editor of Amazing Stories watched in astonishment
    as the things he had been fabricating for years in his magazine suddenly came true!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Frances (13th October 2014), mojo (13th October 2014), samos (13th October 2014), Spiral (13th October 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,007 Times in 1,526 Posts
    wow thats a neat magazine cover, is there a place to read the article? never mind I see the links...

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Useful Post:

Frances (13th October 2014), jimmer (13th October 2014), samos (13th October 2014), Spiral (13th October 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Last edited by jimmer, 4th February 2015 at 16:23.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Frances (13th October 2014), mojo (18th October 2014), samos (13th October 2014), Spiral (13th October 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    3 in a never-ending series: applying the keel theory

the case of david adair and the 'symbiotic engine.'

the story of a genius engineer's trip to area 51 in order to inspect
    an engine, seemingly from another realm.
    he believed the engine was capable of reading his thoughts.
    there's lots more...

is this object extraterrestrial or from the ultra-imagination,
    transmorgrified to marvel and inspire. (read: clark's black monolith)

think about all the aerial displays throughout history.
    we are only shown what is just beyond our grasp.
    teasing, prodding and playing to see what we make of it.
    (or am I off-base?)

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Frances (13th October 2014), mojo (18th October 2014), samos (13th October 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    some say that john keel would 'elaborate' or even 'concoct' some of his material.

let's see how keel described the ' ufo pancake case,' from the book, 'operation trojan horse:' (text to speech machine warning)

"Consider the case of poor Joe Simonton and his outer-space pancake.
    It's a classic of the negative factor.
    Simonton, a sixty-year-old chicken farmer outside of Eagle River, Wisconsin, said he heard a strange sound outside his farmhouse at 11 A.M. on Tuesday, April 18, 1961. He looked out of the window and was startled to see a silvery metallic machine descending in his yard. As he stepped outside, some kind of hatch slid open in the upper part of the object and three dark-skinned men became visible. He estimated that these men were about 5 feet tall and between twenty-five to thirty years of age. They wore clinging dark-blue uniforms with turtleneck tops and had on apparently knitted headgear, such as is worn under crash helmets. All were clean-shaven, and none of them spoke during the brief episode that followed.

"One of them stepped to the hatch, Simonton said, and held out a shiny bucket-like affair which had a handle on either side, indicating that he wanted the farmer to fill it with water. Simonton took it, filled it from his pump, and returned it to the silent man. He noticed that the interior of the craft was black, "like wrought iron , " and that one man was busy at some kind of instrument panel, while the other was working at what seemed to be a stove. A pile of pancakes sat nearby. Simonton says he gestured at the pancakes, and the man with the bucket turned, picked up four of them, and handed them to him. He then attached some kind of rope to his belt, and the hatch slid shut. Joe Simonton stood with his mouth open, four warm pancakes in his hands, as the object, which had been humming throughout, began to make a sound like "tires on a wet pavement" and rose slowly into the air, moving off to the south. At about that same time, an insurance agent named Savino Borgo was driving along Highway 70, about a mile from Simonton's farm, when he saw what he later described as a saucer rising diagonally into the air and flying parallel with the highway.

"Eagle River is in a thinly populated section of northern Wisconsin, just a few miles south of the Michigan border and surrounded by forests and small lakes. About a month later, on May 25 , there was a widespread power failure throughout the area that also affected local telephone service. On February 24 of that year a B-47 bomber had crashed near Hurley, Wisconsin, about sixty miles northwest of Eagle River. Another B-47 crashed on May 2 only two miles from the site of the February accident. The pilot of the second plane was later quoted in the press as saying that, "I felt this weightlessness-I was hanging by my straps, " just before his craft went out of control and headed for the ground. There were numerous other incidents and UFO sightings in the area during thatperiod-which was the "lull" from 1959 to 1963.

"So once again we have a series of sightings and incidents that corroborate an unusual story. But, unfortunately, we also had those four miserable pancakes. Simonton turned one over to a local judge named Carter who, incidentally, vouched for his honesty and reliability , as did everyone else who knew him. Dr. J. Allen Hynek was given the second one, and a third went to the National Investigation Committee on AerialPhenomena, which turned it over to a New York researcher, Alex Mebane. Simonton held onto the fourth one. He said he took a nibble out of it, and "it tasted like cardboard. "

"Were the pancakes made out of exotic Martian mush? Of course not. They were plain old cornmeal, salt, and hydrogenated oil . Simonton's story got a big play in the national press, and NICAP capitalized on the publicity by issuing statements about their "thorough investigation" which was "under way , "etc. But when the press interest died, NICAP dropped the whole thing. The Aerial Phenomena Research Organization investigators stuck with it, however, and when an Eagle River businessman made a joking reference to Simonton having been hypnotized (he later denied this), some leaped on that as the explanation. Cecile Hess, APRO's man in nearby Rhinelander, Wisconsin, didn't buy the hypnotized theory. "If I ever saw a sincere and honest man, it was Simonton," Hess commented.

"If it happened again, " Simonton told a UPI reporter in early May, "I don't think I'd tell anybody about it. "

"Simonton was a bewildered victim of the artifact game. Scores of contactees have been given pieces of junk metal , scraps of paper, and, in many cases, chunks of crystal or tektites (pieces of glass). The contactees display these materials almost proudly as proof of their experiences. One would assume that outright hoaxsters would try to construct better, more impressive, artifacts to support their stories of encounters with the wonderful "space people. "

this is a single report out of literally hundreds that keel unearthed that shaped and supported his 'ultraterrestrial' theory.
    so, not only did keel accurately relate the strange facts of this specific case, he also uncovered unreported correlating events that support
    the fact that these events actually happened and that they are completely unexplainable, supported only by his όber trickster thesis.
    well done, keel.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Frances (18th October 2014), mojo (18th October 2014), samos (18th October 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    what is the keel 'ultraterrestrial theory' you ask?

from a conclusive post from a fellow truth seeker:

"John Keel was the author & researcher to originally coin the term "Ultraterrestrial"
    What Keel had to say about Ultraterrestrials and exactly what his theory speculates is as follows :

• They may be composed of energy, inhabiting the spectrum (wavelength,visible light spectrum) of energy in which we cannot see.

• They may have evolved on this planet, though they are far older than the human race.
    (The jinn fit this criteria perfectly, the hidden ones)*

• They feed off of humans, though the implication is energy/life force based and not physical.
    Keel uses the phrase "cattle of the gods" when referencing humans as a food source for these otherworldly entities.

• They are telepathic. They have the ability to manifest psychic phenomena
    (Some abductions I believe are not physical at all but could actually could be psychic in nature.
    Psychic/Spiritual abductions,attacks,contacts./Etheric body being violated during abduction?)

• They can temporarily take form or substance which they use to interact with humans.
    ('Cosmic' trickster?skinwalker /shadow people/obvious shape-shifting ability?)

• Their origins may not be extraterrestrial in nature at all, instead, Extraterrestrials are merely a 'mask' they wear.

• They are not Demons, as most religious people would interpret them as.
    The reason why is because 'Demon' is just another form they masquerade as, angels fall into this category as well.

• They are responsible or could be the cause for all paranormal phenomena.
    (ie: Bigfoot, shades, shadow people, aliens, poltergeists, fairies, angels & demons, lake monsters & sightings of other mysterious creatures.)
    [See 'Our Haunted Planet' & 'UFOs: Operation Trojan Horse' by John Keel]

and there you have it. a summary of the keel high strangeness unification theory.
    challenge yourself and compare all the extreme ET cases we've followed at TOT to this theory and see what you find.
    it's not so much ET, as it is UT.

the Djinn or jinn was not part of keel's original thinking.
    he described the 'source entity' as being ancient, pure energy and omnipotent.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Frances (18th October 2014), mojo (18th October 2014), samos (18th October 2014)