Thread: SERIOUS BUG affecting LINUX & MAC Users

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 177 Posts

SERIOUS BUG affecting LINUX & MAC Users

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29361794

Link above to news just in from BBC (Must be true - SARCASM).

I hope anyone affected can get it sorted out quickly.
    Best wishes, Boja.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to boja For This Useful Post:

Frances (25th September 2014), jimmer (25th September 2014), sandy (27th December 2014), Seikou-Kishi (25th September 2014), Spiral (25th September 2014), Tonz (25th September 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,882 Times in 3,290 Posts
    I see the Ubuntu Forum got hacked...no wonder I started getting spam

My money is on the other software people ie the one started by the guy from an illuminati family that comes as standard on nearly all computers

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

NANUXII (28th December 2014), sandy (27th December 2014)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,245 Times in 554 Posts
    Microsoft is a much better platform, it already has all the back end hacking protocols built in !

I am using a friends PC that has Linux and i got " bashed "

whats interesting is the Bash method works on Re generating meta data and locking you out of files that you tried to delete.

It creates new files and folders with the original file in it ..

the virus somehow jumps partitions and gets into the OS boot menu and it cant be ( or is difficult to ) erase

i believe the files or folders you want to look out for have a .file.kld ( extension made up to limit access ) the dot " . " before the file is the tell i think ..

and you would be surprised who is actually using this to look into our computers ...

N
    Last edited by NANUXII, 27th December 2014 at 21:53.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

Bob (27th December 2014), lookbeyond (28th December 2014), sandy (27th December 2014), Sooz (28th December 2014)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Ok New Report Just in

the Cyber Attack announced by " XXX " could be the the systematic take down of the Ubuntu and Tor network.

My friends PC is using both and is having all sorts of issues.

So what she did was go into the system menu and find the " lock " folder and enabled the sharing in it by changing the sharing permissions for non owned files.

'net usershare' returned error 255: net usershare add: cannot share path /run/lock as we are restricted to only sharing directories we own.
    Ask the administrator to add the line "usershare owner only = false"
    to the [global] section of the smb.conf to allow this.

There should be 3 text pages for smb.conf but when you try to edit it it locks you out so you have to make your self root or owner in terminal.

( dont ask me how to do that , im pretending to know hack speak to seem cool )

N

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

lookbeyond (28th December 2014), norman (28th December 2014), Sooz (28th December 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,882 Times in 3,290 Posts
    I use ubuntu 14.04 no problems at all, however I have a firewall installed & it does not come as standard you have to add it yourself, it is free, info & install stuff here https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Gufw

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

lookbeyond (28th December 2014), NANUXII (28th December 2014)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Spiral View Post
    I use ubuntu 14.04 no problems at all, however I have a firewall installed & it does not come as standard you have to add it yourself, it is free, info & install stuff here https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Gufw
    TY , downing as we speak

: 0)

N

UPODATE : Using 14.04 trusty .. its noice .. real noice.
    Last edited by NANUXII, 29th December 2014 at 05:29.

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    New Update

Within a few hours of starting to play with the new version a warning came up in the upper left corner of the cscreen saying theres a problem do i want to report it back to Ubuntu, i pressed yes and it launched some sort of bug ... now im back where i started..

Seems they have managed to get right in there .. somehow they are corrupting the source codes from the actual sites or embedding something in the OS that triggers.

I can tell something i realy up because before i could clear my TMP folder without any issue .. Now i have a bunch of locked folders in there .. thats not a good sign. You can break into these folders and try to change the source code but when you go to save them they re spawn and go somewhere as the original, possibly in the root where you cant get to them .. or at least i cant cos im not cool enough... yet ; )

N