Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Power is in the Hands of the People

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 473 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by BabaRa View Post
    Some will say we should stay here and help those who are not awake. But as you said, some are more comfortable in the Matrix.
    The Venerable Modwiz said it also. Now I will say it in my own peculiar way.

Do not be overmuch concerned about your brothers and sisters who are still engaged in their dreams. Their path is not your path. [Poor analogy follows] If you have done what you can to get everyone out of the burning building, don't continue to struggle until you are caught in the flaming collapse but get yourself to safety.[end of poor analogy]

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KosmicKat For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (1st June 2014), modwiz (1st June 2014), Seikou-Kishi (9th June 2014), Spiral (1st June 2014), Tribe (1st June 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,564 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    Power is in the hands of the people but, it is not being used. People are more comfortable in the matrix than they are with the unknown. Even an unknown of their own making.
    I have never understood this mindset. People are so found of saying "better the devil you know" as though there is wisdom in the idea, but there is not. If you have a devil, be rid of it. If what replaces it is also a devil, keep ridding yourself until you find yourself with something acceptable. What you tolerate is what will persist. My father always chided me as a child to reject "common wisdom" wherever I was presented with it. "If it's wisdom, it's not common," he'd say, "and if it's common, it's not wisdom". "Common wisdom" is, unfortunately, an oxymoron — at the present, at least.

"Better the devil you know" is what stops the abused spouse leaving their abuser. People will accept a familiar evil over an unfamiliar good ninety nine times in a hundred. Hopefully, this phase is that one time in a hundred when people realise it's worth the risk — though perhaps if they're still in that mindset that is weighing up the risks, they're missing the point.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

KosmicKat (10th June 2014), Sooz (9th June 2014), Spiral (9th June 2014)