Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Treatment of dental fluorosis

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 710 Posts
    SK and Shamanseeker, we have started to do visualising for health and healing, i am pleased to say that it gives me some sort of feeling of control as i felt i was flying out of control with fear. I am also following Dr Weston Price diet guidelines with them.

SK i used to think i would like to use hypnosis to help myself, however having read so much about it in recent years (on PA)ive become nervous about it, for eg- intentions of practitioner- how can we really know that practitioner well enough to trust them with our subconscious?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Useful Post:

Altaira (15th June 2014), Calz (16th June 2014), Highland1 (24th May 2014), Moonlight (24th May 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,564 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by lookbeyond View Post
    SK and Shamanseeker, we have started to do visualising for health and healing, i am pleased to say that it gives me some sort of feeling of control as i felt i was flying out of control with fear. I am also following Dr Weston Price diet guidelines with them.

SK i used to think i would like to use hypnosis to help myself, however having read so much about it in recent years (on PA)ive become nervous about it, for eg- intentions of practitioner- how can we really know that practitioner well enough to trust them with our subconscious?
    Hi LB

I was talking to a member recently about these things and I would ask you to consider modifying your visualisation in these ways: 1) do not visualise the teeth returning to their original state as a progression beginning with them in the undesired state — simply cut that out and visualise the teeth in their original/healthy condition from the very beginning, and; 2) try to have them feel grateful for the health and strength of their teeth.

It may be hard, but the mind should not fixate on what is wrong because that sends a mixed signal to the subconscious. Rather, the entire visualisation should focus on healthy, strong teeth and a feeling of gratitude that they are in that healthy, strong condition. Given this clear message, the subconscious will not undertake half measures to heal them.

You can also make use of the power of placebo, too. Take some gelatin capsules and fill them with whatever you like. Tell them that they come highly recommended and will heal the teeth (you can also include this in the visualisation along the lines of "I'm so grateful for such powerful medicine"). Don't even let them see the packet (which you won't have lol), saying something like "this medicine is too strong just to be left lying around." Every little helps. I once found great benefit using lavender oil as a filler for such placebos when a friend of mine was obsessively washing his hands because he never felt clean. Every time he took one of these capsules, he'd tell me how it left him with the aftertaste of soap. Lavender is used in many toiletries and so comes with a subconscious impression of cleanliness. He took them convinced they were helping him overcome his obsession by "cleaning" him of it (which was a powerful drive in his psyche because of this obsession), and so that heightened the effect. This is a yin approach, using the neurosis to cure the neurosis (as the problem dies down and becomes weaker, the driving force behind the cure becomes weaker and so, in the end, there is nothing left at all, no problem and no cure either. It's a clinically precise approach ). In this case, you could use lavender and say that the medicine "washes away fluorosis", lightly emphasising the "washes", because this is a suggestion to the subconscious.

You could also use aniseed oil, too, because that is a common flavourant of child's medicine and will be subconsciously interpreted in that way. A combination of ingredients to make the medicine taste ghastly would also help, especially if your children are old enough to have moved past flavoured medicine. There is a subconscious idea in many people that disgusting medicine must be more effective, because people would only take it if they were truly in need.

The most important thing to do is to remove all traces of hesistancy and doubt from your own voice. If you are doubtful, they will be doubtful and if they are doubtful they will fail. If you understand this — that your certainty makes the cure certain — then you will be able to be certain even though you know you are giving a placebo. Don't just remove these cues from the tone of your voice, but from the words you use, too. Don't say "we'll give this a try" or even mention "the T word" because the subconscious always interprets "try" as "fail". The subconscious does what takes the least effort, and within the word "try" is the idea that failure is an accepted possibility. Don't accept the possibility or you will fail.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

Altaira (15th June 2014), Calz (16th June 2014), Highland1 (24th May 2014), lookbeyond (24th May 2014), Moonlight (24th May 2014), Sooz (24th May 2014)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,328 Times in 1,589 Posts
    found these two concerning Turmeric and actually got round to trying it today.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffYTPtnA1yk

this one is off PA ,it explains that Tumeric should be infused with other ingredients for it to work properly.
    interesting stuff!

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ronin For This Useful Post:

Altaira (15th June 2014), Calz (16th June 2014), Highland1 (24th May 2014), Moonlight (24th May 2014), Seikou-Kishi (24th May 2014), Sooz (24th May 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,398 Times in 3,150 Posts
    Turmeric, for it to work properly in the body should always (when taken as a food) be mixed with a good oil and pepper.

Olive oil and red cayenne pepper is a good mix with turmeric.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Altaira (15th June 2014), Calz (16th June 2014), Highland1 (24th May 2014), Moonlight (24th May 2014), ronin (24th May 2014), Seikou-Kishi (24th May 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,470 Times in 981 Posts
    [QUOTE=shamanseeker;23955

Have you noticed that the medical profession nearly always talks about disease or ailments as not reversible? Something inside of me has always rejected that.

[/QUOTE]

I'm right with you on that comment Shamanseeker.
    Maybe it isn't possible to reverse life but I'm sure its possible to reverse damage.
    In the previous tot, before collapse, I did a thread showing how ormus enabled a domestic cat to regrow its severed tail over a six month period with documented photographs of the different stages of regrowth.
    It is believed the ormus first of all repairs the damaged dna, then restores it to its formal condition by using the "memory" of the dna map of the previous severed tail.
    Why are the worlds scientists not all over this revelation I ask you?
    Sorry if I have gone a little off topic lookbeyond.

Russ
    Last edited by Highland1, 24th May 2014 at 13:48.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Highland1 For This Useful Post:

Altaira (15th June 2014), Calz (16th June 2014), lookbeyond (24th May 2014), Moonlight (24th May 2014), Seikou-Kishi (24th May 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 710 Posts
    No problem Russ, more food for thought,lb

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Useful Post:

Altaira (15th June 2014), Moonlight (25th May 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,402 Times in 1,356 Posts
    A good info here how turmeric fights dental fluorosis and that it neutralises the fluoride.

The Spice That Prevents Fluoride From Destroying Your Brain

Fluoride is found everywhere today, from antibiotics to drinking water, no stick pans to toothpaste, making exposure inevitable. All the more reason why new research proving this common spice can prevent fluoride damage is so promising!

Fluoride’s neurotoxicity has been the subject of academic debate for decades, and now a matter of increasingly impassioned controversy among the general public, as well. From ‘conspiracy theories’ about it being first used in drinking water in Russian and Nazi concentration camps to chemically lobotomize captives, to its now well-known IQ lowering properties, to its ability to enhance thecalcification of the pineal gland – the traditional ‘seat of the soul’ – many around the world, and increasingly in the heavily fluoridated regions of the United States, are starting to organize at the local and statewide level to oust this ubiquitous toxicant from municipal drinking water.

Now, a new study published in the Pharmacognosy Magazine titled, “Curcumin attenuates neurotoxicity induced by fluoride: An in vivo evidence,” adds experimental support to the suspicion that fluoride is indeed a brain-damaging substance, also revealing that a natural spice-derived protective agent against the various health effects associated with this compound is available.

The study was authored by researchers from the Department of Zoology, University College of Science, M.L. Sukhadia University, Udaipur, India, who have spent the past decade investigating the mechanisms through which fluoride induces severe neurodegenerative changes in the mammalian brain, particularly in cells of the hippocampus and cerebral cortex.[i] [ii]

The study opens by describing the historical backdrop for concern about fluoride’s significant and wide ranging toxicity:

“Fluoride (F) is probably the first inorganic ion which drew attention of the scientific world for its toxic effects and now the F toxicity through drinking water is well-recognized as a global problem. Health effect reports on F exposure also include various cancers, adverse reproductive activities, cardiovascular, and neurological diseases.[1,2]“

The study focused on fluoride induced neurotoxicity, identifying excitoxicity (stimulation of the neuron to the point of death) and oxidative stress as the two main drivers of neurodegeneration. It has been observed that subjects with the condition known as fluorosis, a mottling of tooth enamel caused by excessive exposure to fluoride during tooth development, also have neurodegenerative changes associated with a form of oxidative stress known as lipid peroxidation (rancidity). Excess lipid peroxidation in the brain can lead to a decrease in total brain phospholipid content. Owing to these well-known mechanisms of fluoride associated neurotoxicity and neurodegeneration, the researchers identified the primary polyphenol in the spice turmeric — known as curcumin – as an ideal agent worth testing as a neuroprotective substance. Previous research on curcumin indicates that it is capable of activing as an antioxidant in 3 distinct ways by protecting against: 1) singlet oxygen 2) hyrodxyl radicals and 3) superoxide radical damage. Also, curcumin appears to raise endogenous glutathione production in the brain, a major antioxidant defense system.

In order to assess the neurotoxic effects of fluoride and prove curcumin’s protective role against it, researchers randomly divided up mice into four groups, for 30 days:

Control (no fluoride)
    Fluoride (120 ppm): fluoride was given in distilled water drinking water without restriction.
    Fluoride (120 ppm/30 mg/kg body weight) + Curcumin: Oral dose of curcumin dissolved in olive oil along with fluoride in drinking water
    Curcumin: (30 mg/kg body weight)
    In order to ascertain the effect of treatment, the researchers measured the malondialdehyde (MDA) content in the brains of the different treated mice. MDA is a well-known marker of oxidative stress/damage.

As was expected, the fluoride (F) only treatment group showed significantly elevated MDA levels vs. the non-fluoride treated control. The F + Curcumin group saw reduced MDA levels vs. the fluoride only group, demonstrating curcumin’s neuroprotective activity against fluoride associated neurotoxicity.

The study concluded,

“Our study thus demonstrate that daily single dose of 120 ppm F result in highly significant increases in the LPO [lipid peroxidation, i.e. brain rancidity] as well as neurodegenerative changes in neuron cell bodies of selected hippocampal regions. Supplementation with curcumin significantly reduce the toxic effect of F to near normal level by augmenting the antioxidant defense through its scavenging property and provide an evidence of having therapeutic role against oxidative stress mediated neurodegeneration.”

Discussion
    This is far from the first study to demonstrate curcumin’s remarkable brain-saving properties. From the perspective of the primary research alone, there are over two hundred peer-reviewed published studies indicating that curcumin is a neuroprotective agent. On our own turmeric database we have 115 articles proving this statement: Turmeric Protects The Brain. We have also featured studies on turmeric’s ability to protect and restore the brain:

How Turmeric Can Save the Aging Brain From Dementia and Premature Death
    Turmeric Produces ‘Remarkable’ Recovery in Alzheimer’s Patients
    Considering the many chemical insults we face on a daily basis in the post-industrial world, turmeric may very well be the world’s most important herb, with over 600 evidence-based healthapplications.
    http://truththeory.com/2014/04/15/th...ng-your-brain/

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Altaira For This Useful Post:

Calz (16th June 2014), Ria (15th June 2014), Sooz (16th June 2014)