Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Million Points of Light

Senior Member United States 1inMany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,248 Times in 378 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Seikou-Kishi View Post
    A friend of mine occasionally used characters from Avatar in the place of the archangels and god names in the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram. It was part of a phase we went through of adding flippant elements to rituals to underline the fact that we relied only on our own power as facets of the one source, rather than actually making supplications to external entities. I used the heads of the houses of Hogwarts as the archangels in mine, the names of the houses themselves in place of the god names, and for the formula intoned in forming the Qabalistic Cross, I used the motto of Hogwarts: Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus. Fun in its own, weird little way.

Another used four anthropomorphised herbs: "Holly" (fire, south), "Rosemary" (air, east), "Cresstina" (watercress, water, west) and Ivy (earth, north). We're a particularly virulent strain of weird lol.
    This has boggled my mind since you first shared it. How can this be? I started using the LBRP a while back, having been directed to Regardie for instructions. When I first started, I really concentrated on getting those angels just so. As a matter of fact, Regardie gave such detailed descriptions of what to visualize, so specific they were, that I thought I might be messing it up somehow, not being able to remember every detail of every angel. Finally, I settled upon calling them in and forgetting the detail.

I had forgotten all about this until recently, having found a new focus I did not know was in here. And when I picked this practice back up, I realized I could see the "angels" readily. And I wondered...who are they? I know the names I call, but...

I got to thinking about this post of yours this morning. And I was wondering to myself, could I call in any old thing? Which led me to the thought that maybe I'm not calling in anything external at all. But...how can this be so? Maybe I am projecting these...whatever they are... Which then led me to wonder... What are they? These energies that take form around me? Those are inside? How can this be?

I am going to have to think about this. No, I am told that I think too much. Maybe I will just let this stew instead.

Thanks for sharing this, SK.
    Do not fashion me a maiden who needs saving from the dragons. I am the Dragon. And I will eat you whole.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 1inMany For This Useful Post:

Altaira (24th February 2015), Breeze (24th February 2015), KosmicKat (5th January 2015), modwiz (4th January 2015), Seikou-Kishi (4th January 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Maybe what you see are very real, spontaneous creations manifested by you, yourself.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

1inMany (4th January 2015), Altaira (24th February 2015), Breeze (24th February 2015), modwiz (4th January 2015), Seikou-Kishi (4th January 2015)

Senior Member United States 1inMany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,248 Times in 378 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by PurpleLama View Post
    Maybe what you see are very real, spontaneous creations manifested by you, yourself.
    Ohhhhh.

Hmmm.

****. I can do that?

I guess I can.

Implications of this might be a bit bigger than I thought.
    Last edited by 1inMany, 4th January 2015 at 20:10.
    Do not fashion me a maiden who needs saving from the dragons. I am the Dragon. And I will eat you whole.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 1inMany For This Useful Post:

Altaira (24th February 2015), Breeze (24th February 2015), modwiz (4th January 2015), PurpleLama (4th January 2015), Seikou-Kishi (4th January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,564 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Hi 1inMany, I also spoke a little on this topic on Eelco's thread on the Chakras:

Quote Originally posted by Seikou-Kishi View Post
    My friends and I went through a phase of making our rituals purposefully absurd as a way of demonstrating that the efficacy the ritual had came from us and not the details of the ritual. A frequent target for these hijinx (pun not completely unintended) was the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram. The four god-names and angels, etc., were swapped with a whole host of things from personified herbs (like "Rosemary", for example) to the houses of Hogwarts. Even the four characters of South Park. There were even occassions when we mixed these up to be even more ridiculous. We'd call Minerva McGonagall in the south for fire and Stan Marsh from South Park in the north for Earth. ("Before me, Kathryn Janeway. Behind me, James T Kirk. To my Right, Jean-Luc Picard. To my left, Benjamin Sisko. About me shines the deflector shield and within me glows the warp core")1

The point was, these rituals were just as effective as those replete with appeals to deities — indeed, the more certain we were that we fuelled the success of the ritual and not the ritual details, the more powerful those rituals became until the religious-style forms seemed unappealing pathetic.

My point is, the results you achieve will be more telling than speculation, and in the end anything which empowers you in your very own self will achieve the best results. At that point, asking if the chakras are archontic implants, natural "organs" or merely useful concepts becomes like asking if the wand is just a stick — it is what you make of it.

1 The "correct" form is "before me, Raphael. Behind me, Gabriel. To my right, Michael. To my left, Uriel. About me burns the pentagram and within me burns the six-rayed star."
    Concerning the detailed descriptions Regardie gave, it is possible that these were given as aids for the imaginative faculty (or just happened to be how Regardie imagined them). When I was younger, I performed an experiment in this regard. I visualised a blank canvas and decorated it in my mind with intricate patterns, then I hung it on a spot on the wall and dismissed it from my mind. Every time I walked passed that spot, the painting would catch my eye — all the more so when I wasn't expecting it (such as rushing past in a busy moment). At other times, I would stand and look at the painting and take in the detail, from the pattern itself to the way the paint had the occasional blob or lump the way acryllic paint often does (the painting was acryllic).

Anyway, I fixed this painting clearly in my mind and was able to see it as though it were physically there and, as I say, to inspect it in great detail when I chose to do so (the details were always the same). Eventually, others would say how the painting would catch their eye (not noticing as they passed that it wasn't physically there), or say things like "I could have sworn for a moment there was a painting there" (if they did notice). Shortly thereafter, I took the painting down and nobody ever noticed it again.

(By clicking the blue double triangle button next to my name in the quote, you can go to Eelco's thread. It's well worth the read.)

I remember an illustraton I once heard to demonstrate how the understanding and imagination differed. We both understand what a square is and can imagine one. With ever-increasing numbers of sides, we are no less able to understand the shape, but to imagine it becomes increasingly difficult. I thought on this idea and used it to develop methods of improving my own ability to imagine and to see something clearly in my mind's eye.

The first step is to imagine a shape of x number of sides. The second step is to rotate the shape in one direction or another. You can increase the difficulty of this by colouring each side a different colour, or else by placing a second shape next to it and rotating it in the opposite direction. Perhaps you have a square with red, yellow, green and blue sides rotating clockwise and then you add a second square with the same colours rotating anti-clockwise. When you can do this well enough, increase the number of sides the shapes have. Eventually, you'll be seeing in your mind's eye shapes that would have been too complex to see before and their colouring and motion (along with the number of them) will further complicate things.

To refer back to the original topic, the clearer we made it to ourselves that our potency derived from us ourselves and not from the religious form and supplications of such rituals, the more effective those rituals became because we were refuting, by our very attitude, the idea that our power was external to us. In truth, all the power we ever had was internal; the religious nature of most of these rituals is at best a tool for those unable to accept that they might be their own power, but it might also be an attempt to stop that acceptance developing.
    Last edited by Seikou-Kishi, 5th January 2015 at 01:00. Reason: iPad typing

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

1inMany (5th January 2015), Altaira (24th February 2015), Breeze (24th February 2015), Catsquotl (5th January 2015), KosmicKat (5th January 2015), PurpleLama (5th January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,405 Times in 3,015 Posts
    this thread was a absolute joy to me and id like to bump it for anyone that missed it!! xx

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tribe For This Useful Post:

Altaira (24th February 2015), Breeze (24th February 2015), Moonlight (24th February 2015), Seikou-Kishi (24th February 2015)