Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: All Things Astrological

Thanks
    Hi Tribe,

Would be happy to explain the jargon.....it is just like learning another language if you are interested it comes easy...if not one may walk away....

Today

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Liberty For This Useful Post:

777 (4th May 2014), Altaira (7th May 2014), Cearna (5th May 2014), Highland1 (14th May 2014), Moonlight (4th May 2014), ronin (5th May 2014), Spiral (5th May 2014), Tribe (5th May 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,402 Times in 1,356 Posts
    Spiral,
    I have no idea what any of this means but i have the same blue triangles & red cross ?
    The lines inside the circle show the aspects between the planets. Those aspects are also shown in the table at the left bottom corner and the meaning of glyphs are explained in my post above.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Altaira For This Useful Post:

777 (4th May 2014), Highland1 (5th May 2014), Liberty (5th May 2014), Moonlight (4th May 2014), ronin (5th May 2014), Spiral (5th May 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,564 Times in 1,218 Posts
    I'm sorry to hear of your recent trouble Today. There are many possible causes for your symptoms and all but a handful are benign and completely transient :-)

As for Uranus in the First... well, the first thing we have to remember is that the First house is not, to be completely accurate, the house of identity — it's the house of public identity. The First house shows the kind of image we present to the world. This is an image that is usually presented without conscious effort and so is not inherently deceptive, it is more indicative of our standard "interfacing protocols", so to speak. It is how we relate to others and the façades we erect — or lack thereof.

In the First house, Uranus presents a native who demands their freedom. They will not suffer themselves to remain in any relationship, social, intimate or professional, which hinders their ability to decide for themselves, and the native usually has a great sense of pride in their individuality. There is a propensity which, when fed, can cause the native to pander to shock value, presenting an appearance designed not to reflect an inner sense of uniqueness but merely to elicit the horrified gasps of more conservative tastes. The placement of Uranus in the First house creates a native who can range from the very best of eccentricity to the very worst of public perversion and this is always a factor in the first house: it is not so much a case of being but a case of being seen to be.

Being seen to be unique and original doesn't sound like a combination that should be rare here, whether or not that appearance reflects an inner truth or a conscious projection will be shown by the relationship between this and other factors.

At the best end of the spectrum, people view you as spontaneous and lively, always willing to give more life to the party than you take and ever at the ready to give people a kick to shake them from their complacency — whether they want to be shaken from their complacency or not. At the worst end of the spectrum, people will consider such a native unreliable and fickle with an attitude that cares very little for the plodding inconvenience of diplomacy and tact. Usually, though, the person born with Uranus in their First house will be seen as altruistic, with the specifics of an individual's chart determining whether this sense of altruism takes the form of a Piscean drowning beneath a sea of sorrow at the pain in the world or an Aquarian philosophical and stand-offish altruism which prefers to lend a hand without the distasteful sentimentality that often goes along with it. A third option, if Capricorn is rising, would be a person whose attempts at altruism and charity are perceived as being of a very pragmatic kind: such a native's first thought might be to create and register a charity with the Charity Commission (Pisces and Virgo would be better at the nuts and bolts of serving soup). If Aries was rising, on the other hand, people would view the native as very eagerly charitable, frequently undertaking great charitable works but seeing very few of them, if any, to completion — especially considering the boom and bust cycle of Uranian influence — whereas with Virgo rising the native might find the outlet for their altruism in administrative or hands-on work for charities. Leo rising would fill the charitable works with a sense that ranged from a magnanimous desire to help those in need to a haughty and self-satisfied vanity project, while Sagittarius would combine the Leonine feel-good factor with the Aquarian philosophical impulse — though Sagittarius rising would also include much in the way of ideological or religious impetus.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

777 (6th May 2014), Altaira (4th May 2014), Cearna (5th May 2014), Curt (8th May 2014), Highland1 (5th May 2014), Liberty (5th May 2014), Moonlight (4th May 2014), ronin (5th May 2014), Spiral (5th May 2014)

Thanks
    Thank you SK for your great input. Of course there are always exceptions to the rule.
    thanks for the great teaching.

Peace,
    Today
    Last edited by Liberty, 13th May 2014 at 10:51. Reason: too much personal information...I learned a lesson

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Liberty For This Useful Post:

777 (6th May 2014), Altaira (5th May 2014), Highland1 (5th May 2014), Moonlight (5th May 2014), ronin (5th May 2014), Spiral (6th May 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    The whole point of the difference between the Ascendant as public image and the Sun as the source of identity shows that more often than not are things not what they seem to be at first sight.

Yes, I can see your point, Today; people do not realise just how clearly they can be seen when they give their natal information away. The deepest recesses of their minds are not hidden from anybody who can decode what information those keys unlock.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

777 (6th May 2014), Altaira (7th May 2014), Curt (8th May 2014), Highland1 (14th May 2014), Moonlight (5th May 2014), Spiral (6th May 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,882 Times in 3,290 Posts
    I see now that "computer generated" charts are obviously only very rough guides because they just throw up simple points & can't go into mitigating factors & how various thing work together.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

777 (6th May 2014), Altaira (7th May 2014), Curt (8th May 2014), Highland1 (14th May 2014), Moonlight (6th May 2014), Seikou-Kishi (6th May 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Spiral View Post
    I see now that "computer generated" charts are obviously only very rough guides because they just throw up simple points & can't go into mitigating factors & how various thing work together.

Computer generated charts would be fine if by computer generated chart you mean using a computer program to determine the correct configuration of the chart, such as the placements of the planets and house cusps throughout the zodiac. Computers make transferring a three dimensional picture of the space around Earth into a two dimensional zodiacal circle very easy

The problem comes with computer programmes that "interpret" star charts. This is where the problem comes, because people will write stock answers for things like our example of Uranus in the First house and these stock answers will be cobbled together in sequence to create a "reading", but in reality this is pretty useless because it analyses each part in isolation and nothing in the universe actually works like that. This is why people end up with horoscopes that describe completely contradictory things. Sure, people can and often do live in complete contradiction, but the contradictions that arise in horoscopes usually originate in these "kitbashed" horoscopes or in "astrologers" who rely on simplistic interpretations in the same way.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

777 (6th May 2014), Altaira (7th May 2014), Curt (7th May 2014), Highland1 (14th May 2014), Moonlight (6th May 2014), Sooz (7th May 2014), Spiral (6th May 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,882 Times in 3,290 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Seikou-Kishi View Post
    The problem comes with computer programmes that "interpret" star charts. This is where the problem comes, because people will write stock answers for things like our example of Uranus in the First house and these stock answers will be cobbled together in sequence to create a "reading", but in reality this is pretty useless because it analyses each part in isolation and nothing in the universe actually works like that. This is why people end up with horoscopes that describe completely contradictory things. Sure, people can and often do live in complete contradiction, but the contradictions that arise in horoscopes usually originate in these "kitbashed" horoscopes or in "astrologers" who rely on simplistic interpretations in the same way.
    Thats exactly what I meant with my ham fisted collection of words.

I paid for a reading years ago & got one of those, more of a hindrance than a help.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th May 2014), BabaRa (6th May 2014), Curt (8th May 2014), Highland1 (14th May 2014), Moonlight (6th May 2014), Seikou-Kishi (6th May 2014), Sooz (7th May 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,049 Times in 1,574 Posts
    My thoughts: Astrology is an accurate way to point out our "tendencies" so that we learn to evolve past them. Once we understand 'why', we can make corrections or adjustments. It's not meant to be a prophecy written in stone.

Good guideposts, but just guideposts. And trying to find someone in this day and age that is truly skilled in reading the guideposts well - is pretty difficult.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BabaRa For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th May 2014), Curt (8th May 2014), Highland1 (14th May 2014), Moonlight (6th May 2014), norman (6th May 2014), Sooz (7th May 2014), Spiral (6th May 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    So instead of looking for a skilled guidepost. How would one go about becomming one..
    What should one look for. Most books, websites and programs seem to emphazise getting to know the individual signs, planets and aspects..
    They seem to offer small to the point keywords or elaborate stories to convey "meaning"

What do you do in trying to integrate it.
    Meditate?
    Vision?
    study?

if study.. study what exactly.

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Highland1 (14th May 2014), Spiral (7th May 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I had a question at the begginning of this thread but probablyit wasn't noticed so I would like to ask again.
    Among many types of astrology there are two distinctive approaches towards interpreting the chart that many Western astrologers chose to adopt. There is the modern aproach which we are all familiar with because this is more common and most astrological schools teach it and traditional approach almost forgotten or neglected.

The modern approach uses all planets and asteroids and employed various more psychological techniques in interpreting the chart. Without going too in depth I will to mention only few distinctions here - it uses all known planets, asteroids and unequal houses system.

Traditional astrology on the other hand shifts the emphasis and priority but it still overlaps contemporary practices because it was once a base from which modern astrology derived. In traditional astrology the emphasis is on the main planets and the outer planets are excluded, techniques used for interpreting the horoscope derive from the Hellenistic astrological schools as most of the old texts known today are known to start from that time periodaround the 330s BC.

I know traditional astrologers who swear old methods work better in many situations and astrologers who use both systems in order to fill the missing fragments in the modern astrological approach or vice versa. Traditional astrology offers clearer practical tools for connecting to herbal and holistic medicine and revives some Neoplatonic and other metaphysical approaches to astrology. This sheds more light on practical spirituality and magical practices and familiarity with astrology aides them and explains many things.

Have you noticed that there is a recent revival of traditional astrology and what are your thoughts about it if you are familiar with it ?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Altaira For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (7th May 2014), Highland1 (14th May 2014), Spiral (7th May 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Eelco View Post
    So instead of looking for a skilled guidepost. How would one go about becomming one..
    What should one look for. Most books, websites and programs seem to emphazise getting to know the individual signs, planets and aspects..
    They seem to offer small to the point keywords or elaborate stories to convey "meaning"

What do you do in trying to integrate it.
    Meditate?
    Vision?
    study?

if study.. study what exactly.

With Love
    Eelco
    It is interesting to see your questions now after I finished writing the above post because I would think that traditional astrology can give you some answers.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Altaira For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (7th May 2014), Highland1 (14th May 2014), Spiral (7th May 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Altaira View Post
    <snip>
    There is the modern aproach which we are all familiar with because this is more common and most astrological schools teach it and traditional approach almost forgotten or neglected.

<snip>
    Traditional astrology offers clearer practical tools for connecting to herbal and holistic medicine and revives some Neoplatonic and other metaphysical approaches to astrology. This sheds more light on practical spirituality and magical practices and familiarity with astrology aides them and explains many things.

Have you noticed that there is a recent revival of traditional astrology and what are your thoughts about it if you are familiar with it ?
    I am not familiar with traditional astrology per se, but it has me wondering.
    I feel astrology from a "mirror" like point of view would suggest traditional is more addept to explain/mirror the "old" ways of holistic healing, magic and such as those modalities were "conscious" when they thrived.

Now over the last few decades as we learned more. discovered about other/outer planets we likewise mirrored an awakening in conscioussness. As can be found in modern astrology. So for a more up to date look at ourselves through astrology would incorporate the more modern approach to astrology. If on the other hand one wishes to know about the "old" ways traditional astrology would be ample information.

Just thinking out loud here...

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th May 2014), Highland1 (14th May 2014), Spiral (7th May 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Seikou-Kishi View Post
    Computer generated charts would be fine if by computer generated chart you mean using a computer program to determine the correct configuration of the chart, such as the placements of the planets and house cusps throughout the zodiac. Computers make transferring a three dimensional picture of the space around Earth into a two dimensional zodiacal circle very easy

Hello, S.K. I'd be very interested in your take on my natal chart.

But, I understand you have a life and things to do. So, if you don't feel like it, no worries.

It's a bit of a doozy, I'm told.

I'll send my details to you via PM, and would be happy for you to do an open analysis here in this thread- with the particulars of the date, time and location of my birth left out.

Again, if it's not something you're interested in doing, no worries.
    Last edited by Curt, 7th May 2014 at 15:40.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Curt For This Useful Post:

Highland1 (14th May 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,470 Times in 981 Posts
    This is my layman's concept of astrology.
    The infinite universes that are within my entire conscious being are identical to the external infinite universes for they are one and the same.
    My body is merely a space vehicle which started its journey at birth and no doubt would have had a particular star alignment upon taking my first breath.
    The rest of lifes journey as we hurtle through time and space as explorers, constantly seeking answers as we look at the stars and the heavens as to our purpose and reason for existence.
    It seems to me that only when I can find inner harmony and alignment with myself will I be able to harmonise with all that is exterior using experience and consciousness as a tool for navigation.
    Given my own personal experiences I have steered myself off course many times in this life time but have found myself seemingly back on track guided by other heavenly bodies such as the members on this forum.
    So rather than take guidance from a newspaper zodiac horoscope, I prefer to take it from the stars that are each and every one of you.
    Your lights shine so brightly I have never ever been left in the dark and for that I thank you all.

Russ

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Highland1 For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th May 2014), Curt (7th May 2014), Spiral (7th May 2014)