Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mostly True Story of Laurel Canyon

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    I finished reading this book today. All I can say is, it looks like the entire Hippie movement was concocted as were most of the "anti-war" movement and bands of the time. There is stuff going back to Houdini's time in the area as an intel agent, The Black Dahlia, and other strange connections.
    Interesting, good stuff. Gave me a couple of new ones to look up on that broad subject.

I'm curious, anything in the book on the tandem of young Jack Parsons/Ron Hubbard in that area? Still every time I have a sit to look at that stuff, something new always manages to grab my attention. The Beach Boys/Charlie Manson connection was another one such. Shit, this subject is chock full of wtf moments.

And the hell of it is, absolutely nothing has changed save for different faces and different circumstances. Of course I can prove none of that, it's just what I see.
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 29th November 2017 at 21:30.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (29th November 2017), Elen (30th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (30th November 2017), sandy (30th November 2017)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    L Ron and Parsons were mentioned in passing. Also a younger Rose McGowan and her parents being part of a pedophilic religious cult were mentioned as well. Btw, the book was published in 2014 before the Weinstein stuff. The author, David McGowan (no relation to Rose) died of an unusually aggressive form of lung cancer in 2015 aged 55.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th November 2017), Elen (30th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (30th November 2017), Fred Steeves (30th November 2017), sandy (30th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Just don't be messing with the hippies...kind of like Christians, they almost made the world a better place. Manson had connections and was a wannabe musician, of course. He was part of the 'commune' culture but he was the consummate wolf in sheep's clothing. There was a reason it was referred to as the 'counter-culture movement'. If you looked the part, you were in...Just like most cultures actually.

NAP
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (30th November 2017), Elen (30th November 2017), sandy (30th November 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    Someone correct me if I am wrong - wouldn't be the first time. (Pleasant smile)

Wasn't Manson one of the families that is included in a list of the families at the top of the heap - the ones that control the current paradigm??? My understanding is that Manson underwent MKUltra abuse programming and did the bidding of his controllers/handlers/whatever????

Just sharing what I have read - somewhere amid the thousands upon thousands of articles about all things contained within the arena of Exopolitical Relations.

Much Peace & Much Respect - Amanda

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (30th November 2017), Elen (30th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (30th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    The stories I've heard about Manson (books read) ... My sister-in-law once worked in the prison that he was incarcerated in...Manson spent the vast majority of his life in prison before and after his youth. He was a psychopath pretty much from the word go due to his mistreatment by his male father figures and his mother was a hapless loser. He never really had a chance which is why his mantra was that society was what made him what he was and because of it he was destined for infamy.

NAP
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th November 2017), Dreamtimer (30th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (30th November 2017), Elen (30th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I used to blame society for my own issues and shortcomings. And I wanted society to pay. And I thought, "They'll see." Just like when someone is a child and thinks they'll run away and then their parents "will see".

Unfortunately society doesn't see. We have to change it ourselves. And that's hard.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (30th November 2017), Elen (30th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (30th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I used to blame society for my own issues and shortcomings. And I wanted society to pay. And I thought, "They'll see." Just like when someone is a child and thinks they'll run away and then their parents "will see".

Unfortunately society doesn't see. We have to change it ourselves. And that's hard.
    I’ve truly believed, change yourself (for the better) and society will change with you. Now I just gotta get all these other aholes to buy into it as well.

Maybe I need to post this under the humble leader thread?

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th November 2017), Dreamtimer (30th November 2017), Elen (30th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (30th November 2017), enjoy being (30th November 2017)