Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cookery/Recipes

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,398 Times in 3,150 Posts

Cookery/Recipes

Hi All,

Some suggested I open up a new cookery thread as the other one seems to have vanished into a black hole.

Here is my curry recipe:

Each time I make it, I change it slightly, so it's kind of an ever evolving recipe. This makes enough for dinner and the rest I freeze.

Serve with either basmati rice or jasmine rice, pappadums, sliced banana with coconut, diced cumber in yoghurt with mint.

1kg of cubed lamb
    3 tbsp brown sugar (I use Xylitol)
    2 big diced onions
    As much garlic as you like (I use heaps)
    1 tbs fish sauce
    As much ginger as you like
    Chopped spinach
    Handful of small grape tomatoes
    Small tub of greek yoghurt
    2 tsp of garam marsala
    Olive Oil
    Coconut oil
    Can of tomato puree
    2 or 3 cups of good chicken stock or chicken consommé
    Fresh Mint
    Fresh Coriander with roots

Spice Mix
    Pink Himalayan salt
    Cracked black pepper
    Bruised cardamom pods (about 10)
    3 tsp ground cumin
    3 tsp ground coriander
    1tsp fennel seed
    1tsp ground fenugreek
    Finely sliced small red chillis or Kashmiri ground chilli to your taste
    1 tsp ground galangal
    3 tsp ground turmeric
    2 tsp black seed (black cumin)
    Good shake of red cayenne pepper
    Black pepper
    Finely sliced bunch of fresh coriander stalks including roots (separate the leaves for garnish)
    Pinch of saffron threads

Marinate lamb in the yoghurt with garam marsala overnight

Slow oven around 175 C

In a big earthenware/clay pot heat coconut oil and continually stir the onions, ginger, garlic, add the sugar and chicken stock....keep stirring till really mushy. Put aside.

In a heavy frypan, heat the olive oil and quickly sear the marinated lamb on high heat, so it changes colour but not cooked. You may need to do in batches.

Add the seared lamb to the onion mix, stir well.

Add the spice mix, tomato puree, coriander stems and roots, fish sauce, chopped spinach

Cook for 2 hours in the oven, lid on, stirring once or twice. (You can also prep as above, then cook in a slow-cooker/crock pot for 5 hours, lid on)

Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Side dishes to accompany at the top.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Sooz, 19th April 2014 at 08:17.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

777 (19th April 2014), Frances (19th April 2014), GCS1103 (19th April 2014), Ineffable Hitchhiker (23rd April 2014), Kitsune (28th July 2015), KosmicKat (22nd April 2014), Liberty (19th April 2014), lookbeyond (19th April 2014), modwiz (19th April 2014), monk (19th April 2014), Moonlight (20th May 2014), ronin (19th April 2014), Spiral (19th April 2014), The One (19th April 2014), Tonz (22nd April 2014), Woody (19th April 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    And here is another staple of mine. Make a big batch and freeze portions.
    I'm just cooking this now.

Poached Lemon, Honey Chicken

Use organic where you can.

1kg of cubed chicken breast
    2 Lemons juiced and skin grated
    1tsp cumin
    1tsp red cayenne Pepper (l like it hot, adjust to your taste)
    Slurp of rice wine Vinegar
    Honey or maple Syrup to taste
    2 large onions roughly chopped
    Can of sliced water chestnuts
    Heaps of minced garlic
    Heaped tspn ground turmeric
    Heaped tsp minced ginger
    1 litre of vegetable or chicken stock
    Himalayan pink salt to taste (you may not need this as the stock should be quite savoury, adjust to your taste)
    Olive oil

Heat up the stock in a large heavy, earthenware pot that will keep the heat in when the heat is turned off. Must have lid
    Saute onions, garlic, ginger, lemon rind and juice plus sliced water chestnuts in separate pan with olive oil
    Add onion mix to the stock, bring to boil and add cumin, pepper, rice wine, honey, turmeric
    When that complete stock is on high boil, add the cubed chicken, stir well and wait for it to bubble again, cover and cook on high for 5 minutes,
    then turn OFF the heat and leave the lid on to continue poaching for another 15-20 minutes
    Chicken should be cooked through and quite tender, check for any seasonings to add - pepper, salt, honey etc

Sooz

Edit: I found a lonely, big chunk of cabbage lurking in the crisper, so cut off the brown bits, shredded it and added that to the broth as well.
    Keep the leftover liquid broth for a soup. Makes about 6 or 7 portions as well as soup.

Another Edit: You can obviously adapt this recipe for veg only, but I would dice the hard vegetables like potato and carrots and boil for about 5 minutes on high, then add the softer veg like broccoli etc before you turn off the heat, so the softer veg doesn't go to mush.
    Last edited by Sooz, 19th April 2014 at 08:24.

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

777 (19th April 2014), Frances (19th April 2014), GCS1103 (19th April 2014), Ineffable Hitchhiker (23rd April 2014), Kitsune (28th July 2015), Liberty (19th April 2014), lookbeyond (19th April 2014), modwiz (19th April 2014), monk (19th April 2014), Moonlight (20th May 2014), ronin (19th April 2014), Spiral (19th April 2014), The One (19th April 2014), Tonz (22nd April 2014), Woody (19th April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,572 Times in 2,477 Posts

Well played Sooz, this was long overdue a reboot.

I posted this on the last thread but here goes again.

Vegetarian Gravy

Rosemary (preferably fresh)
    Thyme (as above)
    Black pepper
    Salt ( I personally don't but.....)
    Water
    Plain flour
    Spoon of pesto
    Glass of red wine
    Three bay leaves
    One onion
    One pepper
    Any other fridge loiters hanging about looking for a vocation.
    Olive oil
    One garlic clove.
    One chilli (optional lol.....I like my gravy to have the capability of stripping the flesh off my mouth)

Put a small amount of olive oil in a saucepan and bring to heat. Chuck in roughly chopped onion and pepper, plus any other veg you wish to dispose of in a tasty manner. Lightly brown. Using the water from other things you're cooking or have cooked like veg or spuds, pour over the cooked onion and pepper. Now chuck everything else in! All the herbs, the wine, the spices, the pesto.

Allow to simmer for the duration of whatever you're cooking, adding the juices from the other dishes. When the time comes, grab a siv and a spoon and mash it all through leaving you with flavoursome water. Slowly add flour and stir until the required thickness is achieved.

Personally I pour over roast pots and Yorkshire pudding, eat and arrogantly smile to myself every Sunday!

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to 777 For This Useful Post:

Cearna (6th June 2014), Frances (19th April 2014), GCS1103 (19th April 2014), Ineffable Hitchhiker (23rd April 2014), Kitsune (28th July 2015), Liberty (19th April 2014), monk (19th April 2014), Moonlight (20th May 2014), ronin (19th April 2014), Sooz (19th April 2014), Spiral (19th April 2014), Tonz (22nd April 2014), Woody (19th April 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Oh my mouth is salivating.....and going into overdrive.

I have my leg of lamb defrosting as I speak, plenty of fat on top for crispy fat flavour! I will definitely use your sauce as a base for mine.

For a good leg of lamb, be sure to insert lots of thin slivers of garlic and rosemary. Stab the meat with a thick knife and insert the garlic slivers and rosemary.

And massage the whole leg with olive oil and salt and pepper on top to make it real crispy.

Cook on really high for the fat to crisp for 20 minutes, then turn down to 175 Celsius for 2 hours and remember to baste with the juices.

Thanks for the tips mirror.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

777 (19th April 2014), Cearna (6th June 2014), Frances (19th April 2014), GCS1103 (19th April 2014), Liberty (19th April 2014), monk (19th April 2014), Moonlight (20th May 2014), ronin (19th April 2014), Spiral (19th April 2014), Tonz (22nd April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 319 Posts
    Soy Chicken!

I am a very uncultured cook as a standard and am so woefully hopeless at complicated recipes for me this meal is a winner!

Ingredients: One chicken.
    One Large bottle soy sauce, sourced from independent Chinese supermarket owing to price and quality, duh.
    One or two stars of anise depending on preference.
    Rice of any preference.

Method: Bring wok to hi-heat with small amount of seasoning/soy sauce, sear chicken briefly in wok add full bottle (1 litre) soy sauce and anise stars then cover with lid and leave on low heat for a few hours, I dont know...call it 3. Cook rice and serve with the dark and rich chicken now thoroughly infused with juicy soy sauce and a hint of aniseed.

Sometimes I don't put the aniseed in as it makes me yearn for/immediately buy Pernod but it still tastes goood!

mmmm Pernod Ouzo Raki
    Last edited by monk, 25th May 2014 at 11:37. Reason: Forgot I have to act like Jesus being as I am not popular enough to try and joke.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to monk For This Useful Post:

Cearna (6th June 2014), Frances (19th April 2014), Kitsune (28th July 2015), Liberty (19th April 2014), Moonlight (20th May 2014), ronin (19th April 2014), Sooz (22nd April 2014), Tonz (22nd April 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Monk, try something else to impress us. Or maybe just go away is my guess.

Good try.

Just kidding Monk!
    Last edited by Sooz, 22nd April 2014 at 11:14.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Cearna (6th June 2014), Frances (19th April 2014), Moonlight (20th May 2014), Tonz (22nd April 2014)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,328 Times in 1,589 Posts
    actually Monks recipe is not far off what we had for tea yesterday.
    3 cup chicken,with rice and noodles.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ronin For This Useful Post:

Altaira (19th April 2014), Cearna (6th June 2014), Frances (19th April 2014), monk (11th May 2014), Moonlight (20th May 2014), Sooz (20th April 2014), Tonz (22nd April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,564 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Hi Sooz, I posted recently about a delicious recipe I have and I thought I'd share it for anybody who might like to give it a try. Because the process involves more than just cooking, I could understand if you don't think it's a good match to include the recipe, in which case I am sure the mods will move it if you ask them to do so.

This is my recipe for spiced pumpkin melomel. I offer this recipe and share it with you all. Take it, use it, change it and improve it. Fit it to meet your taste preferences. It's absolutely delicious and I consider it the drink ŕ propos par excellence for Halloween. The melomel1 can take quite a long time to reach maturity because the pumpkin used is in a pulp form and as such it takes a long time for the fine particles to precipitate out of the melomel and join the lees2. Consequently, it is not likely that this recipe will provide melomel for the Halloween of this year, and at least a year's maturation is desirable. I tend to allow a batch to sit for at least three years before considering it ready to drink, but this will depend upon how quickly the melomel clarifies (which can be facilitated) and how long you want the flavours to combine and mature even once perfect clarity is achieved.

For this recipe, we will assume a desired quantity of 1 (imperial) gallon, which will make about four 70cl bottles of the finished product. The quantity of honey to use will vary according to whether you prefer your drinks sweet, medium or dry. For a dry melomel, use about 2 pounds of honey, for a sweet use just under 4 pounds. About 3 pounds makes an ideal medium melomel. We will assume a medium melomel in the recipe below for the sake of consistency.

Finally, it is important to maintain good sanitation when brewing any alcoholic beverage, as bacteria will create secondary fermentations and biproducts that will hamper or even ruin the flavour.

Ingredients:
    3 pounds honey (I use orange blossom honey, you could use any honey and the juice of a medium orange)
    1/4 – 1/3 of a gallon of pumpkin flesh, diced
    1/4 teaspoon citric acid (you could use the juice of a medium orange)
    1/4 teaspoon tannic acid (you could use a cup of tea made extra-strong with two teabags
    1/2 teaspoon "pumpkin spice"
    1/2 teaspoon pectic enzyme/pectolase or papaya-derived meat tenderiser (both very easily sourced)
    1 sachet yeast (I use champagne yeast for melomels, though a lot of people prefer ale yeast. Don't use bread-maker's yeast; the cells are smaller and so resist falling out of the must when dead and they can't tolerate high alcohol concentrations and so die before it's useful)
    Enough water to make up to a gallon
    Optional: 1/2 teaspoon yeast nutrient (which you probably won't need, because this will ferment very readily)
    Optional: 1 – 2 cup(s) blueberries

To make the pumpkin spice, use 3 parts each ground cloves and allspice, 4 parts each ground nutmeg and ginger, and 6 parts ground cinnamon. Mix these together well, and use only 1/2 a teaspoon in your recipe (you can add more or less to taste)

First:
    Mix the honey with half of the water in a large stewpan and bring to a gentle boil. Allow the mixture to foam, carefully removing the scum that will form. This is a technique I use to help the melomel clear, as the particles that form the scum as the honey boils are those same particles that are hardest to shift. Once the honey is no longer foaming, take it off the boil.

Second:
    Roast your diced pumpkin at about 350 degrees in the oven until it has attained a desirable colour. Then take it from the oven and add enough water to cover. If you're adding blueberries to yours, add them to the diced and roasted pumpkin flesh. Bring to the boil and simmer gently to allow the pumpkin (and blueberries) to break down. Once they have attained a mushy consistency, pass the pulp through a sieve to remove large particles and any blueberry seeds. Save what passes through the sieve.

Third:
    Combine both the watered and simmered honey and the pumpkin juice to the fermentation vessel (carboy/demijohn). Once it has cooled, add the pumpkin spice mix and the pectic enzyme or powdered papaya. This will break down the pectin in the cell walls of the fruit, releasing their flavour and nutrients and it'll assist the yeast in reaching their sugars. To this add your citric acid (or the juice of one orange, or two if you're not using orange blossom honey and still want the light, orange notes in the final melomel) and your tannic acid (or the strong tea). The citric acid counterbalances some of the sweetness in the finished product allowing for a more complex bouquet. The tannic acid will do likewise and will break down into other things which contribute vanilla-like, woody notes that add body. It will also combine with some of the alcohol to form esters which compound the taste. Wines that have been aged in oak barrels develop their complexity over time because oak is naturally high in tannic acid (like tea) and contributes its own flavour to the wine, and so including a little tannic acid is like leaving your product to sit in an oak barrel.

Fourth:
    Make up the remainder of the gallon with water, if necessary. Now is the time to add the sachet of yeast and the yeast nutrient if you're using it (I don't usually for this recipe). If you prefer your drinks to have a bit of kick, you can put this directly into the main fermentation vessel. If you'd rather it was less potent, leave it in a fermentation bucket over night. All that is necessary for a fermentation bucket is that the container is wide necked, not closed like a bottle. This lets fresh air to the ferment. It is important if doing this to cover the rim of the bucket with muslin to prevent debris falling in while allowing air to pass through. If you use this method, allow it to sit overnight and add it to the primary fermentation vessel the following day. The primary fermenter will be much more bottle shaped, with a larger, bulbous vessel closing up to a narrow neck. In this neck, you'll bung an airlock. These allow gas to escape the fermenter while stopping gas passing the other way. They're S-shaped tubes partially filled with liquid. For this liquid, I usually use vodka or water with sodium metabisulphite dissolved in it. This stops bacteria passing into the fermenter from outside by killing them on contact with the liquid which forms the air seal.

Fifth:
    As the fermentation progresses, the airlock will bubble furiously as the yeast combine sugar and water to create carbon dioxide. If you allow the must to ferment in the bucket overnight, the exposure to air will cause a different reaction: the yeast will create carbon dioxide and water rather than alcohol, which takes some of the potency out of the finished drink (the desirability of which is up to personal preference, of course).

Sixth:
    Leave the fermentation to progress for three months. You will notice that the fermentation slows after the intial period and becomes much more of a trickle. This is because the alcohol that is accruing is killing off most of the yeast, and also because the diminishing sugar supply can't support as many yeast. After three months, rack the melomel. To rack it, have a second fermenter sanitised and standing by with an air-lock prepped. Place the full fermenter on a high table and the empty one on the floor or on a stool. Then, use a sanitised tube to draw the must out of the full vessel into the empty one. You do this by putting one end of the tube into the must (about half-way deep) and causing suction to pull the must up. Then, place the other end into the second vessel and gravity and pressure will ensure that the tube keeps syphoning off the must. You will see a line on the bottom of the vessel which is thick and sludgy (don't disturb this sediment). You should hold the end of the tube just above this line so that the suction stops before it begins sucking up the sediment.

Once the clearer must has passed into the second vessel and transfer is complete, you can top the melomel back up to a gallon with boiled (and cooled) water.

A tip: leave the full vessel on the top of the table you'll use for racking. This means that you won't disturb the sediment by picking the carboy up and moving it around.

Seventh:
    Keep racking the melomel at regular intervals and it will clear. You can promote this precipitation by the use of "finings". These are a whole range of things from the white of an egg to isinglass, a substance made from the swim bladders of fish. They're not necessary, though, and overuse will remove much of the character from your product. Anyway, keep racking and your melomel will become progressively clearer. When it has reached the clarity you desire, rack it off into sanitised bottles. You can leave this to mature for as long as you like (if you do, lay them on their side, as horizontal wines (etc.) mature better this way or you can drink it as soon as it's bottled. Swing-top bottles can be purchased very cheaply online and make useful, reusable bottles for homemade drinks. You can also buy much larger bottles and these are excellent for leaving the melomel to mature (they also mature better in bigger batches) or take larger bottles round to parties and so on.

The colour of the melomel will depend greatly on your ingredients. Pumpkin alone will produce a clear, golden melomel like a dark white wine. With added orange juice, this progresses naturally towards orange. Blueberries will add redness to the drink. This drink, with its warming spices, delicious orange overtones, subtle blueberry notes and sturdy pumpkin base also makes a great Christmas drink too.

Eighth:
    Many people like to ensure fermentation has stopped by adding a preservative like sodium or potassium metabisulphite, but I do not use these at all in my own wines, etc., and only use them in my airlock (which doesn't come into contact with the must). You will see cheap wines labelled "contains sulphites" and this is what is referred to. You can ensure fermentation has stopped by carefully observing the airlock. Fermentation will slow to an absolute snail's pace towards the end, so do not take no activity to mean all the yeast has died if you only watch it for five minutes. Another way, and the way I prefer, is to expose the wine to freezing temperatures. In any case, if you rack very well (all it takes is practice) you will rack out the yeast anyway. The best way, though, is not to be impatient with your melomel. If you rack frequently and let it sit and mature, eventually the yeast will die off anyway and there will be no need to kill them. The only need to kill them is if you're rushing to get the melomel ready.

If anybody considers making this, consider stalling your first batch for a few years, so that you make a batch each year but do not begin to consume it for three or four years. That way, you will have a continually aging reserve, your melomel will be crystal clear and given the time to develop its fullest complexity. This is an absolutely delicious melomel, with flavours any American is bound to enjoy for the strong connection to Thanksgiving day, but which people from around the world can enjoy for its own sake. The spices work well with the pumpkin (and the orange and blueberries if you're including one or both) and all the fruit flavours work well with each other.

Well, I hope you all enjoy. Perhaps if you like this, I should let you all in the secret of my chocolate mead

1 A melomel is a mead made with fruit in addition to the honey, and as such is something of a cross between a true mead and a fruit wine.

2 When anything if fermented to produce an alcoholic beverage, the yeast that convert the sugars into alcohol eventually die off and drop to the bottom of the fermentation vessel. In the same way, relatively larger particulates of fruit, that contribute to the cloudiness of the initial must, also drop to the bottom contributing to the clarity of the finished product.
    Last edited by Seikou-Kishi, 22nd April 2014 at 17:54.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

777 (22nd April 2014), Altaira (22nd April 2014), Cearna (6th June 2014), Frances (7th May 2014), Ineffable Hitchhiker (23rd April 2014), KosmicKat (22nd April 2014), Moonlight (20th May 2014), Sooz (22nd April 2014), Spiral (22nd April 2014), Tonz (22nd April 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Gee SK...is there anything you are not a master of?

I got to the end of this recipe and needed a stiff drink of said melomel!

I wish I had the time and patience to undertake such a thing...let alone wait 3 years to take a sip of this nectar, lol....

Like many have said before me, 'who are you'?

Love to you....
    Sooz
    x

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

777 (22nd April 2014), Cearna (6th June 2014), Frances (7th May 2014), Moonlight (20th May 2014), Seikou-Kishi (22nd April 2014), Spiral (22nd April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,405 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Hey sooz is seikous recipie above the one that you thought had shrunk ? I'm wondering if you had the two of them confused , I like to solve mysteries lol xx

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tribe For This Useful Post:

Cearna (6th June 2014), Frances (7th May 2014), Moonlight (20th May 2014), Sooz (8th May 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Anyway here is a recipe for Sarah's sweet vegetarian curry , I made it one day inspired by my new love for vegetables .

One large pan

One large onion diced

Three cloves of garlic chopped

One large red sweet pointy pepper chopped

One quarter of a cauliflower separated

One large sweet potatoe diced

A big handful of small new potatoes halved

One carrot diced

One small handful of red lentil

One vegetable stock cube

One tin of chopped tomatoes

3 teaspoons of Balti curry paste , or my favourite and it makes this recipie wonderful is malagatawny curry paste

One small box of mushrooms chestnut is best

With a little olive oil soften the onion and garlic

Add the lentils and curry paste and stir , then add all the other veg , stock cube and tin tomatoes fill the pan with hot water and cook for a 45 mins on medium heat

Soo delicious nutritious and you will want to have thirds lol
    Last edited by Tribe, 7th May 2014 at 23:39.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tribe For This Useful Post:

777 (8th May 2014), Cearna (6th June 2014), Frances (7th May 2014), Moonlight (20th May 2014), ronin (7th May 2014), Sooz (8th May 2014), Spiral (8th May 2014)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,328 Times in 1,589 Posts
    this can happen often when cooking and i bet most of you if not all have experienced this.
    you cook a a hearty and delicious meal that takes you most of the day if not a few hours.
    you enjoy prepping the meal and cooking it.
    you make a large pot of whatever.
    you put love,experience and care into what you are cooking.

now this has happened to me a few times where people just turn up.
    you offer them to share your meal and they accept.
    then there is non left for yourself.
    but you do not mind,as long as they enjoy it.

or you just don,t feel hungry after all that cooking.

but you enjoy the that the people you have served have enjoyed your creation.

also have you ever noticed when you make a meal that you do not have your heart in,or quickly prepare for convenience sake,
    it can taste pretty bland.your eating for the sake of eating!

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ronin For This Useful Post:

777 (8th May 2014), Cearna (6th June 2014), Frances (7th May 2014), Moonlight (20th May 2014), Sooz (8th May 2014), Spiral (8th May 2014), Tribe (7th May 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Tribe View Post
    Hey sooz is seikous recipie above the one that you thought had shrunk ? I'm wondering if you had the two of them confused , I like to solve mysteries lol xx
    Yep, mystery solved your Tribalness.

Well spotted!

Sooz

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

777 (8th May 2014), Cearna (6th June 2014), Moonlight (20th May 2014), Tribe (8th May 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Sooz View Post
    Yep, mystery solved your Tribalness.

Well spotted!

Sooz
    I knew I should have been a detective , I have always said my skills are wasted lol xx

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tribe For This Useful Post:

Cearna (6th June 2014), Moonlight (20th May 2014), Sooz (8th May 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,572 Times in 2,477 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by ronin View Post
    this can happen often when cooking and i bet most of you if not all have experienced this.
    you cook a a hearty and delicious meal that takes you most of the day if not a few hours.
    you enjoy prepping the meal and cooking it.
    you make a large pot of whatever.
    you put love,experience and care into what you are cooking.

now this has happened to me a few times where people just turn up.
    you offer them to share your meal and they accept.
    then there is non left for yourself.
    but you do not mind,as long as they enjoy it.

or you just don,t feel hungry after all that cooking.

but you enjoy the that the people you have served have enjoyed your creation.

also have you ever noticed when you make a meal that you do not have your heart in,or quickly prepare for convenience sake,
    it can taste pretty bland.your eating for the sake of eating!
    Absolutely!! There is a contradiction in cookery in that it is one of the most loving, charitable activities one can do for oneself and another. Pouring energy into it will eradicate blandness and fire up the nutrients in it. On the other hand it is a very private, personal ritual that's extremely self indulgent! So in other words Sooz for this wonderful thread, I'm loving it! Can't wait to try that curry Mrs Tribalness. Wow!

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 777 For This Useful Post:

Cearna (6th June 2014), Moonlight (20th May 2014), Sooz (8th May 2014)