Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: House votes to starve Americans

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,405 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Sorry one more thing, the Maasai warriors came to Britain in 2008 and couldn't understand why there were people sleeping on the streets , when they were told "well these are homeless people " one of the Maassai responded "well why don't you make them one ?" .

It really doesn't have to be soo hard does it ?

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tribe For This Useful Post:

Breeze (23rd September 2013), Cearna (22nd September 2013), GCS1103 (22nd September 2013), jagman (22nd September 2013), Melidae (22nd September 2013), Seikou-Kishi (22nd September 2013), shamanseeker (24th September 2013), Spiral (22nd September 2013)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,508 Times in 335 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Tribe View Post
    It's like everything is in reverse , people are finding it hard to feed their families , well then let's strangle them some more and increase taxes and punish them some more .
    People are homeless , well let's move them out of the posh areas where there are plenty of properties owned by second home owners . (We don't want that sort here )
    The supermarkets have too much food and need to get rid of it as it's nearing it's sell by date , well let's chuck it into a skip and pour bleach on it , better still let's arrest people for trying to get at this surplus food .

Somone has a food addiction well let's fix their stomach , we will leave the cause there, let's not bother looking into the root cause of the behaviour
    Somone has a heroine addiction , well let's give them our addictive poison , methodone and again leave the cause there.

All these things could be solved by a simple act of love and compassion , allowing people to keep their dignity SK is a huge part of that , teach people how to grow their own veg , how to cook good meals with little . Support people in their journey to become free from the programming of bad parenting and learn to love themselves enough to free themselves of the addictions that they have held onto for dear life .
    With good nutrition and good mental health comes vitality and energy and want to go out and do something good in life be that paid work or volunteering , it makes for more opportunitys etc

I feel like I am going insane when I see how agency's remedy things , they don't get to the root cause and they support the systems that created them in the first place .

Anyways I derailed a little their sorry , I think I was trying to make a passionate plea that the way people are treated be taken in the right direction .

And I understand that all is say is very well and good but are there jobs out there at the moment for them to strive towards ?
    It's all so so sad
    I agree with your thoughts and the way you have explained them. I can only tell you what we are experiencing here in the U. S. (the East Coast, specifically). We have reached a point where the middle class is being strangled with taxes. Not rich people, middle class people. Yes, too much of our money goes to the military and yes, I feel the same way about "big business" that everyone else here does. But we have fostered a terrible way of life on people who rely upon the government to support them. We have created a group of people who are not provided with the know-how to get a job or how to care for themselves and be self-reliant. I blame that totally on the government. It's so much easier to control people if they rely upon you for every piece of toilet paper and glass of soda they drink. It's demeaning to them and frustrating for the people who work their butts off only to find that more of their taxes are being taken out because politicians are pandering to their constituents.

There will come a point, and I think it's very near, where taxpayers can no longer ante up. What happens when the middle class can no longer support the demands of the government to provide more money? It's simple economics; the supply is not catching up to the demand. The government has no interest in making a better life for the people that receive welfare, etc. There are no programs to teach them how to eat healthier, learn a skill for a job or grow their own food. It's all about: "here's a check, now vote for me." There's no dignity in that. I've been on that side of the fence, myself, and talk from experience.

We are about to "celebrate" the 50th year of the Great Society's War on Poverty (under President Lyndon Johnson), with untold billions of taxpayer dollars being spent, supposedly to fight poverty. The poverty rate is higher than it's ever een. Government programs are not the only answer, in my opinion. I agree that we all need to spend some time volunteering and doing our personal share of helping others. It has, and always will, begin with local communities helping out their own. The people in Washington don't care about anything or anyone outside of D.C.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GCS1103 For This Useful Post:

jagman (23rd September 2013), Melidae (22nd September 2013), Spiral (22nd September 2013), Tribe (22nd September 2013)