Thread: It's time for a change and the time is NOW

Thanks

It's time for a change and the time is NOW

Nice video of Jamie Dunmore
    (21 year old aspiring Public Figure/Speaker/Activist that's trying to expand the human consciousness)

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4zFwyToywQ

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Black Panther For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (9th April 2014), Cearna (9th April 2014), Mark (7th April 2014), modwiz (7th April 2014), Moonlight (9th April 2014), romanwkt (7th April 2014), sandy (8th April 2014), Sooz (9th April 2014), Wolf Khan (8th April 2014), Woody (7th April 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    I made to 1:06. I certainly like the message. It was the too loud and intrusive music that made me stop watching. I'm sure it is a wonderful message. I am glad to see young adults speaking with passion about the global situation.

I really wish more video makers would use less music. Eseciallly any music meant to "enhance" the message. Music is a very abused medium for influencing how we feel about spoken material when it accompanies it. It is a matrix tool becuae of its effectiveness. A good message needs no enhancement, IMO.
    Last edited by modwiz, 7th April 2014 at 22:34.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (9th April 2014), Black Panther (8th April 2014), Cearna (9th April 2014), Liberty (9th April 2014), Moonlight (9th April 2014), norman (7th April 2014), sandy (8th April 2014), Sooz (9th April 2014), Wolf Khan (8th April 2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    I made to 1:06. I certainly like the message. It was the too loud and intrusive music that made me stop watching. I'm sure it is a wonderful message. I am glad to see young adults speaking with passion about the global situation.

I really wish more video makers would use less music. Eseciallly any music meant to "enhance" the message. Music is a very abused medium for influencing how we feel about spoken material when it accompanies it. It is a matrix tool becuae of its effectiveness. A good message needs no enhancement, IMO.
    I wasn't really bothered by the music, but I do understand you.

I have seen a lot of movies and the combination of a good movie
    with good music is creating synergy. Like it is with trailers.

It looks like he tried to use the music as a background sound.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Black Panther For This Useful Post:

Cearna (9th April 2014), Liberty (9th April 2014), Mark (9th April 2014), modwiz (8th April 2014), Moonlight (9th April 2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Black Panther View Post
    I wasn't really bothered by the music, but I do understand you.

I have seen a lot of movies and the combination of a good movie
    with good music is creating synergy. Like it is with trailers.

It looks like he tried to use the music as a background sound.
    We appear to have a slight difference of opinion about the music. The synergy is really enhancement of the message. However, a good message needs no enhancement, IMO. Attempts to enhance are manipulative. Trailers are trying to manipulate one to see a movie. Now, there is music in some vids that compliment the mood but, do not lend to "creation" of a mood or feeling.
    Last edited by modwiz, 9th April 2014 at 08:39.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (9th April 2014), Black Panther (10th April 2014), Cearna (9th April 2014), Liberty (9th April 2014), Moonlight (9th April 2014), Sooz (9th April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 710 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGwIhNLo-cs

Courtesy of my teenage daughter (read the lyrics!),

Reguards lookbeyond

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (9th April 2014), Cearna (9th April 2014), Liberty (9th April 2014), modwiz (9th April 2014), Moonlight (9th April 2014), Sooz (9th April 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,398 Times in 3,150 Posts
    Glad to see more young people realising what is going on...

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (9th April 2014), Black Panther (10th April 2014), Liberty (9th April 2014), lookbeyond (10th April 2014), modwiz (9th April 2014), Moonlight (9th April 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,398 Times in 3,150 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    We appear to have a slight difference of opinion about music. The synergy is really enhancement of the message. However, a good message needs no enhancement, IMO. Attempts to enhance are manipulative. Trailers are trying to manipulate one to see a movie. Now, there is music in some vids that compliment the mood but, do not lend to "creation" of a mood or feeling.

I agree Modz, there are so many times I listen to a well-intentioned message and the music is so loud, I just turn it off. The music is fighting with the words for theatrical effect and the audio (message) gets lost. Gets my goat up.

It's too hard to concentrate between the message and the music blaring.

If I sound like an old fart, I am.

Tip: Quit the music and concentrate on the message. I know you all want to be creative but you are spoiling the message and people turn off.

It's as simple as that.

Edit: Good spoken words though.
    Last edited by Sooz, 9th April 2014 at 08:39.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (9th April 2014), Black Panther (10th April 2014), Liberty (9th April 2014), modwiz (9th April 2014), Moonlight (9th April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,049 Times in 1,574 Posts
    I read all the posts before I listened to the video.

expected to hear harsh music; was surprised, not that loud for me. While I agree, music not necessary (and even somewhat of a distraction- for me), I remind, we all learn and relate differently.

Good message - that's important point and it will reach those that need to learn how it's presented.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BabaRa For This Useful Post:

Black Panther (10th April 2014), Liberty (9th April 2014), modwiz (10th April 2014), Moonlight (9th April 2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by BabaRa View Post
    I read all the posts before I listened to the video.

expected to hear harsh music; was surprised, not that loud for me. While I agree, music not necessary (and even somewhat of a distraction- for me), I remind, we all learn and relate differently.

Good message - that's important point and it will reach those that need to learn how it's presented.
    My take was that I would hear something good but, it would probably something I have heard or thought already. Possibly even something already being discussed by us. Very little is new to me and I know this. Consequently I pass on many videos and any discomfort with a vid setting makes me pass easier content that I will not be missing anything I am not in some resonance with now.

I am not the primary audience it is intended for.

It was not bad music at all. Just louder than I like when listening to it against speech.
    Last edited by modwiz, 10th April 2014 at 15:17.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (10th April 2014), Moonlight (11th April 2014)