Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The Cures of Edgar Cayce and More!

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,564 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by 777 View Post
    Indeed. The hive mind orchestrates the physical units at its' will/mentality/desire (summation or separate?). Surely though, its only the hives' instantaneous communicative superiority that is notable rather than desirable for us as humans? Makes one wonder, in the diversity sheltered under the umbrella of faith. Which one are we if either? Just musings, not a directed question
    I did not offer hive organisms as an example to be emulated. I put hives, not their units, on a par with humans and other animals. A hive mind into which humans might be coerced would differ in the respect that it would be composed of multiple souls. In this respect, whereas a human body is a contiguous amalgamation of cells forming one mass, a hive organism groups its cells into smaller, separate packets perhaps as a defence or survival mechanism: if a human body becomes host to a systemic infection, it is likely that the whole body will die, but if those parts can separate (or be separated as in amputation in humans) it is possible that the remainder will survive. Hive organisms could have evolved on a similar principle. Additionally, though the genetic identity of every unit in a hive organism is not identical in the way that every cell of a "unipartite" organism like a human is, the cellular conglomerations of "multipartite" organisms like hive organisms do have functions that are analogous to the organs of human bodies: drones, which serve to deliver genetic material to other hives, take the place of sperm cells. Queens, in those hives in which the sole function of the queen is to propagate the species, fulfill the role of egg cells. In those hives in which the queen fulfills an organisational role, it is akin to both the egg and the nervous system. Then, workers which gather food are akin to a digestive system, those that organise and tend to the food supply, as well as food distribution, are like the lymphatic and circulatory systems. Those which have dedicated soldier castes have something akin to a dedicated immune system, whereas those which do not have such a caste but which function is supplied by the workers as necessary have a less well-developed immune response.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

1inMany (13th April 2014), 777 (12th April 2014), Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (12th April 2014), Cearna (13th April 2014), modwiz (12th April 2014), Spiral (16th April 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,398 Times in 3,150 Posts
    Hi all you good people, and in particular, PL, SK and Modz,

I bought myself a small bottle of organic, cold-pressed castor oil today. I have 3 skin conditions I've been treating with an array of natural remedies (Tea-tree oil, manuka cream, silver ointment), but can't seem to budge them. I've scoured online, but can't seem to get any definitive answers.

My question is, would castor oil help?

Problem No. 1. Have a constant source of irritation on my foot where my sandal rubs, had it for a few years now, I treat it with various remedies but nothing seems to fix it. I am now wearing boots as the weather has gotten cooler, but it's still there in a lessor form. Tea Tree oil clears it up but leaves a scaly dermatitis which is itchy.

Problem No. 2. Have a slight dermatitis on one of my eyebrows, only a cortisone cream seems to clear this up (very quickly I might add), which I don't want to use for obvious reasons.

Problem No. 3. Have a bit of dermatitis in my ears from constantly using my earpods with my iPod.

I am willing to use the castor oil as a bit of an experiment on my foot and eyebrow, but a bit wary about using castor oil in my ears, as it's the entrance to inside my head

Any thoughts?

And why do you think I might have this skin problem in the first place? A deficiency in something?

Any advice, I would be very grateful for, if you can spare the time.

Sooz
    Last edited by Sooz, 16th April 2014 at 08:01.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (18th April 2014), Aianawa (13th August 2016), modwiz (16th April 2014), PurpleLama (16th April 2014), Spiral (16th April 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Use one little drop at a time, rubbing the one drop in before deciding to add more, or not. The oil will not hurt anything at all, used topically like that, and will very likely soothe and heal the skin. If treating the affected area does not seem to work right off, you can apply it to the skin all around, just do so a little bit at a time. Too much oil at once can cause the skin to release more toxins than it can handle at once, so don't take a hand full and slather it all over your face. However, if treating a wound, use as much as you need, as the damaged tissue will absorb much more. I would not worry about using it in the ears, it should work well.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

1inMany (18th April 2014), Aianawa (13th August 2016), lookbeyond (16th April 2014), modwiz (17th April 2014), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016), Sooz (16th April 2014), Spiral (16th April 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by PurpleLama View Post
    Use one little drop at a time, rubbing the one drop in before deciding to add more, or not. The oil will not hurt anything at all, used topically like that, and will very likely soothe and heal the skin. If treating the affected area does not seem to work right off, you can apply it to the skin all around, just do so a little bit at a time. Too much oil at once can cause the skin to release more toxins than it can handle at once, so don't take a hand full and slather it all over your face. However, if treating a wound, use as much as you need, as the damaged tissue will absorb much more. I would not worry about using it in the ears, it should work well.
    Thanks PL! I used one drop tonight on my foot and one drop on my eyebrow.

Will use one drop with a cotton bud in each ear now and will let you know how it goes.

If my brain goes awol, I will let you know about that also, lol....
    Last edited by Sooz, 16th April 2014 at 11:27.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (18th April 2014), Aianawa (13th August 2016), modwiz (17th April 2014), PurpleLama (16th April 2014), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016)

Thanks
    Use your fingertip to rub it into the earlobe, too. A cottonball won't do anything but pull the oil back off. You can use more than one drop on a given area, if you think it needs it, just don't put on too much at once is all. The electric interaction of the fingertip with the oil and with the area the oil is being applied is part of what makes it work.

Also, let me emphasize once again, to think positively any time the oil is used, prayerfully, even. The more the mind and spirit is attuned to the Creative Forces, God(dess), or whatever is holy and whole, with gratitude for the health and beauty of the body, the more effective, miraculous even, the oill can be. I would go so far to suggest that with the mind properly attuned one might literally use the oil to slowly rub the years off one's face, but it is not for vanity that this would work, but for beauty giving glory to the creator. See? Be joyful in its application.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

1inMany (18th April 2014), Aianawa (13th August 2016), lookbeyond (16th April 2014), markoid (3rd May 2014), modwiz (17th April 2014), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016)

Thanks
    A recent experience I feel compelled to share: I have a wide experience with castor oil, as I have attested to in this thread, but although the oil is a part of my daily life, I have not actually done much in the way of applying the castor oil packs, until now. Last weekend I developed food poisoning, having eaten a bunch of cucumber sauce I had made, which was quite delicious but had been left out too long at one point.

Symptoms developed on Sunday, and continued through Tuesday any time I ate anything more solid than chicken broth. After some gentle prodding reminder from 1inmany, it finally occurred to me to do the pack. Within 15 minutes of applying the pack the painful cramps had stopped completely, and the rest of the hour I can only describe as euphoria. It was the best feeling coursing all throughout my body, it was amazing. I have not yet repeated the pack, as I ate the last of the olive oil in the house afterward and did not realize it was the last until yesterday, but the lack of olive oil will be remedied on the way home from work today, and I will do it again this evening. I honestly feel giddy at the prospect, so awesome the experience was.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

1inMany (17th September 2014), Aianawa (13th August 2016), modwiz (1st August 2014), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016), ronin (1st August 2014)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,328 Times in 1,589 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by PurpleLama View Post
    A recent experience I feel compelled to share: I have a wide experience with castor oil, as I have attested to in this thread, but although the oil is a part of my daily life, I have not actually done much in the way of applying the castor oil packs, until now. Last weekend I developed food poisoning, having eaten a bunch of cucumber sauce I had made, which was quite delicious but had been left out too long at one point.

Symptoms developed on Sunday, and continued through Tuesday any time I ate anything more solid than chicken broth. After some gentle prodding reminder from 1inmany, it finally occurred to me to do the pack. Within 15 minutes of applying the pack the painful cramps had stopped completely, and the rest of the hour I can only describe as euphoria. It was the best feeling coursing all throughout my body, it was amazing. I have not yet repeated the pack, as I ate the last of the olive oil in the house afterward and did not realize it was the last until yesterday, but the lack of olive oil will be remedied on the way home from work today, and I will do it again this evening. I honestly feel giddy at the prospect, so awesome the experience was.
    what is the pack please...sounds interesting

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ronin For This Useful Post:

1inMany (17th September 2014), Aianawa (13th August 2016), modwiz (1st August 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by ronin View Post
    what is the pack please...sounds interesting

Scroll down to castor packs:

http://www.edgarcayce.org/are/holist...a/repalma.html

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (17th September 2014), Aianawa (13th August 2016), modwiz (1st August 2014), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016), Ria (13th September 2014), ronin (1st August 2014)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,328 Times in 1,589 Posts
    found this on how to apply the castor oil pack.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVaCT80TzlY

i think if i did try it i would cling film the towel securely to the body.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ronin For This Useful Post:

1inMany (17th September 2014), Aianawa (13th August 2016), modwiz (1st August 2014), Ria (1st August 2014), Sooz (1st August 2014)

Thanks
    I covered the saturated wool flannel with cling wrap and used a heating pad. I intend to collect up some hot water bottles to use those as a heat source, but the heating pad will have to do for now. I didn't get a chance to do it last night, and I don't know if I will this weekend, but my wife is a teacher and school just started back so I have some morning alone time which will be perfect for getting on a schedule with the packs. Cayce said that the wool flannel was the best to use, they are nice and soft so they are the way to go unless one is allergic. It was all very comfortable. Do remember to put an old towel underneath you, castor oil stains never come out.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

1inMany (17th September 2014), Aianawa (13th August 2016), modwiz (1st August 2014), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016), Ria (13th September 2014), ronin (2nd August 2014), Sooz (1st August 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,237 Times in 670 Posts
    This was quite a week. After helping my old cat get rid of a nasty cystitis, my daughter became very ill during the night of Wednesday/Thursday. A really bad belly ache, nausea, vomiting. They called me around 7:00 a.m. on Thursday morning to see if I had some "miracle" cure for her. Never fool around with a nasty belly ache. Even though all that came up was "castor oil pack", I sent them to the hospital. They kept her in through to Friday.

After echography and ct-scan, they said that there is a narrowing on part of her transverse colon. They don't know why... she's going for a colonoscopy on Monday. They worked on "liberating the intestines" so that the pressure be relieved and reduce the pain (and lots of morphine). No more pain, nausea after many enemas... it took 24 hours. So she is now home, but has no appetite and is afraid of eating... does not want the pain to come back.

I started with the castor oil packs yesterday. I will get her some slippery elm today, and green oats - for herbal tea (very nourishing and helps the nervous system too). To eat, applesauce, soup with homemade veggie broth, oatmeal with almond milk and will make her a juice beet/carrot/apple.

I post this here, as I would very much appreciate PL's take on this. He is the only castor oil expert that I know.

Any loving healing energies sent her way is welcomed. Her name is Marie-Eve.

Through all of this I am very calm and somehow know that everything is going to be alright. My daughter says I'm her rock... good thing I have a higher rock to lean on.

Interesting thought... how come we know just how a "stabbing" pain feels like.... hmmm

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Moonlight For This Useful Post:

1inMany (17th September 2014), Aianawa (13th August 2016), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016), Ria (13th September 2014), Sooz (20th September 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,237 Times in 670 Posts
    I'm happy to say that my daughter is now doing very well. I have a high belief that the castor oil packs have helped her heal smoothly something that was not fun at all. This protocol and other "adjustments" will carry her through the remainder of this experience. Thank you to all who have sent healing energies her way, and mine. Mucho gracias.

I have decided to start a castor oil packs protocol for a month or so, just to see what it does. I will report back.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Moonlight For This Useful Post:

1inMany (21st September 2014), Aianawa (13th August 2016), PurpleLama (20th September 2014), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016), Ria (20th September 2014), ronin (20th September 2014), sandy (20th September 2014), Sooz (20th September 2014)

Thanks
    As just indicated, live right yourself. Never so act, in any manner in any inclination, that there may ever be an experience of regret within self. Let the moves and the discourteousness, the unkindness all come from the other person. Better to be abased yourself and have the peace within. For unless changes arise some great disturbance will come. But if ye so act that these appear to arise from thy neglect, or from thy not caring, then the regret would always be with thee. Then act ever in the way you would like to be acted toward. No matter what others say, or even do. Do as you would be done by; and then the peace that has been promised is indeed thine own.
    -Edgar Cayce

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Dreamtimer (13th August 2016), Elen (13th August 2016), Innocent Warrior (31st August 2016), modwiz (13th August 2016), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    I need help to understand the applications of Castor Oil - please. I am in Australia and I could not find any Castor Oil in the supermarket. Can I purchase it from a chemist or a Health Food Shop??? Also, are there different types, grades, strengths of Castor Oil??? Thank you in advance for any answers to my specific questions. Once I understand the product I will look at the applications.
    Much Peace - Amanda

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd August 2016), Dreamtimer (24th August 2016), Elen (22nd August 2016), Innocent Warrior (31st August 2016), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,605 Times in 252 Posts
    You can buy it at a health food store, Amanda but make sure it is coldpressed & hexane free so that it doesn't contain any pesticides that were used when spraying.

I have it in my local health food shop but it is rather expensive as they only stock a 2ooml bottle for $21.95.

This company has a website & is in Melbourne and they offer free freight & seem to be more cost effective so you may find this worth a try if you can't find it locally. http://www.echolife.com.au/products/...pXgaAkye8P8HAQ

Here are a couple of good articles:

Dr Mercola - http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...onditions.aspx

http://www.electroherbalism.com/Natu.../CastorOil.htm -CASTOR OIL - Natural Protection from Deadly Viruses

If you want in depth reading there is this book in pdf format of The Oil That Heals by Dr William A. McGarey.
    It gets a bit technical in places but has lots of case studies .

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by RealityCreation, 21st August 2016 at 23:55.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RealityCreation For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd August 2016), Amanda (22nd August 2016), Dreamtimer (24th August 2016), Elen (22nd August 2016), Innocent Warrior (31st August 2016)