Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: The Cures of Edgar Cayce and More!

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by PurpleLama View Post
    I will stand by castor oil for the diminishing/removal of all manner of skin ailments, warts, moles, cancers, pimples, acne, and so on. I would like to emphasize once again, to use it mindfully, thinking positive thoughts, like Cayce would have recommended something to the effect of thinking about how a beautiful body gives glory to the creator, or something like that. Castor oil is very responsive to the "energy" of a person. Hence, the pain relieving quality that comes into play when the concerned parent uses it on the injured child, a scenario played out weekly at my house.

That being said, it is by no means the only natural product with healing properties.

Carry on. I like the way this thread is shaping up.
    I am going to experiment with the castor oil I have from you. I have used tea tree to remove any number of skin things, including something growing on my eyelid that is now gone. It had been there for a few years and was growing. However, neat tree tea causes a little dermatitis with itching. I get as much Sun as I can every warm season. Little moles develop and I remove them with tea tree, with the short term dermatitis.

So, a remedy without itching would be very welcome. Whether I can find it while packed up for my impending move back into my tent is the question. Since I am moving in about two weeks, that would be the longest time before I can begin my tests. Just in time for more Sun too.

This thread is forming very well.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (12th April 2014), Cearna (13th April 2014), Moonlight (9th April 2014), PurpleLama (8th April 2014), RealityCreation (21st August 2016), ronin (12th April 2014), Seikou-Kishi (8th April 2014), Sooz (12th April 2014), Spiral (12th April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,564 Times in 1,218 Posts
    If you don't like the itching of tea tree oil, go for oregano. It's much more of a sting than an itch ;-)

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (12th April 2014), Cearna (13th April 2014), lookbeyond (9th April 2014), modwiz (8th April 2014), Moonlight (9th April 2014), RealityCreation (21st August 2016), ronin (12th April 2014), Sooz (12th April 2014), Spiral (12th April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 710 Posts
    Melidae, thanks for the reminder of soap nuts, i had completely forgotten about them!

Altaira, yes i agree about diet being an important factor in asthma control, good idea re olive leaves, think ill plant an olive tree..

SK, the manuka honey is being applied internally and externally! and most of the oils recommended have been commenced (ylang,ylang on order) I even managed to get a safe aromatherapy candle with ylang ylang oil for her use in her room while she studies.

Ronin, you brave man of disclosure!

Last but not least PurpleLama, thankyou for the link re the inhalation remedy, im going to see if there is a place in oz that may stock this, certainly worth trying. Also would like to thank you for starting this great thread, its interesting, my lovely mother used to read Cayce, he was my first "port of call" and i feel ive moved sooo far from home since i found Avalon forum, its really good to get back to basics and "home"

lov lookbeyond

Moonlight, i bought a herbal remedy calendula cream for my daughters daily moisturiser and my littly uses it on her eczema patches, thankyou, it is a calming cream, i think ill follow your suggestion and plant a calendula and learn to make a cream, lov lb
    Last edited by lookbeyond, 9th April 2014 at 00:27. Reason: add a most important thankyou

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (12th April 2014), Cearna (13th April 2014), Melidae (13th April 2014), modwiz (9th April 2014), Moonlight (9th April 2014), RealityCreation (21st August 2016), ronin (12th April 2014), Spiral (12th April 2014)

Thanks
    I will share a sunburn remedy that came to me. It is two ingredients, aloe vera and white willow bark. I happen to use a poplar species called a 'quaking aspen' (populus tremuloides). It is all about the salicylates in the inner bark, which have anti-pyretic (fever/heat reducing) properties. As well as some mucilage which helps seal the skin and prevent moisture loss. Aloe vera gel is a refrigerant (cooling) has steriodal saponins that greatly increase healing time as well as a mucilaginous property.

Soak the bark in cold water for at least an hour. More time increases the salicylate content. A taste of the water gives ine a sense of the decoction. (It should taste asprin-ish) Mix these together in equal proportions and apply to the skin. Relief is a few hours away.

I have used this on myself and the few others who were "daring" enough to relieve their pain. I had come home one day with a bad sunburn and the Sun poisoning that results from all of the toxins and debris resulting from the Sun damage. Application of Will-Away (my name for it) immediately begins to halt or greatly decrease heat production and moisture loss. As soon as the heat resides the tissue begins repair, assisted by the saponins in the aloe. My sunburn had me with chills and a shaft of sunlight on the skin cut like a knife. I applied the will-away and lay down from the heat exhaustion and napped. When I awoke all traces of Sun poisoning were gone and I could even slap my skin with little discomfort. By the next day, I was fine.

A friend of mine fell asleep drunk on the beach, something an Irishman should never do, and was in quite a lot of trouble at days end. Still drunk, the pain had not set in. I offer him a bottle, he laughed and splashed some on one arm to amuse me and handed the bottle back to me. I saw him a few weeks later. He ended up in bed for three days with Sun poisoning. The only part of his body that did not hurt him was where he had splashed on the will-away. He said he would take my "remedies" more seriously in the future.
    Last edited by modwiz, 9th April 2014 at 03:10.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (12th April 2014), Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (12th April 2014), Cearna (13th April 2014), lookbeyond (10th April 2014), Moonlight (9th April 2014), RealityCreation (21st August 2016), ronin (12th April 2014), Spiral (12th April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,662 Times in 1,289 Posts
    thankyou ,PurpleLama, the suggestions by cayce connecting the spine to vision, with neck and head intentional movements at a slow pace to allow more circulation to the head stemming from the obvious blockage from the spine is interesting as i have practiced yoga on and off for 15 years an whats is suggested is common movements,standard techniques in yoga.

as most cures or suggestions by cayce they are quit simple.
    Last edited by Tonz, 9th April 2014 at 13:12.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tonz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (12th April 2014), Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (12th April 2014), Cearna (13th April 2014), lookbeyond (10th April 2014), modwiz (12th April 2014), Moonlight (9th April 2014), RealityCreation (21st August 2016), ronin (12th April 2014), Spiral (12th April 2014)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,328 Times in 1,589 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    I will share a sunburn remedy that came to me. It is two ingredients, aloe vera and white willow bark. I happen to use a poplar species called a 'quaking aspen' (populus tremuloides). It is all about the salicylates in the inner bark, which have anti-pyretic (fever/heat reducing) properties. As well as some mucilage which helps seal the skin and prevent moisture loss. Aloe vera gel is a refrigerant (cooling) has steriodal saponins that greatly increase healing time as well as a mucilaginous property.

Soak the bark in cold water for at least an hour. More time increases the salicylate content. A taste of the water gives ine a sense of the decoction. (It should taste asprin-ish) Mix these together in equal proportions and apply to the skin. Relief is a few hours away.

I have used this on myself and the few others who were "daring" enough to relieve their pain. I had come home one day with a bad sunburn and the Sun poisoning that results from all of the toxins and debris resulting from the Sun damage. Application of Will-Away (my name for it) immediately begins to halt or greatly decrease heat production and moisture loss. As soon as the heat resides the tissue begins repair, assisted by the saponins in the aloe. My sunburn had me with chills and a shaft of sunlight on the skin cut like a knife. I applied the will-away and lay down from the heat exhaustion and napped. When I awoke all traces of Sun poisoning were gone and I could even slap my skin with little discomfort. By the next day, I was fine.

A friend of mine fell asleep drunk on the beach, something an Irishman should never do, and was in quite a lot of trouble at days end. Still drunk, the pain had not set in. I offer him a bottle, he laughed and splashed some on one arm to amuse me and handed the bottle back to me. I saw him a few weeks later. He ended up in bed for three days with Sun poisoning. The only part of his body that did not hurt him was where he had splashed on the will-away. He said he would take my "remedies" more seriously in the future.
    what came to mind Modwiz was the method of the ingredients.
    do you mix the the bark pulp or the water?
    are you able to make it beforehand and store it for the summer months?
    photo,s and method would be a great contribution for all recipes

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ronin For This Useful Post:

1inMany (12th April 2014), Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (12th April 2014), Cearna (13th April 2014), modwiz (12th April 2014), Moonlight (12th April 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,398 Times in 3,150 Posts
    Thanks for the tip with castor oil. I have a funny little spot on my foot where it meets with my sandal strap. Had it for 2 years, it comes and goes. Started with a mozzy bite. And of course I keep scratching it.

Been treating it with tea tree oil, it clears up and dries it out, but then it gets itchy, like a dermatitis.

I will try it with a bit of castor oil and let you know. I hope it works because it's driving me nuts!

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (12th April 2014), Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (12th April 2014), Cearna (13th April 2014), modwiz (12th April 2014), Moonlight (12th April 2014), RealityCreation (21st August 2016), ronin (12th April 2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by ronin View Post
    what came to mind Modwiz was the method of the ingredients.
    do you mix the the bark pulp or the water?
    are you able to make it beforehand and store it for the summer months?
    photo,s and method would be a great contribution for all recipes
    Your question will let me expand a little on my original post. One hour is an asbsolute minimum soaking time, IMO. (Which matters a lot here, lol, since this is something that came to me when certain aspects of herbalism collided in a perfect storm of concept. The recipe is original.) More soaking time is better although there is a period of max reasonable release of the salicylates and mucilage from the bark to the water. I have not made it in years because I have not needed it. I do have a small aloe vera bottle with me and the poplar tree I like to use grows 10 meters from my tent. If I need it it's there.

If I were to experiment further, it would involve putting the bark and water into a blender and then straining it through a paper coffee filter. That would allow the bark/water part to be prepared in minutes. Maybe. Sounds logical but I am not sure if the mucilage and salicylates would dissolve enough to release into the water. They are important to the magic. Anyway, mix with an equal measure of aloe vera gel, blend the two and apply.

I think the method has been given as best I can in words. Photos would be great in the hands of a good photographer. Maybe

Like any concoction working with raw Nature, it is like an apple that can spoil. It has the shelf life of quality food. Not long.

I feel confident that the bark decoction (the water infusion) can be frozen after it is first, or shortly after, made. This will keep it good till Sun season. Defrost and mix with an equal part of aloe gel.
    Last edited by modwiz, 12th April 2014 at 11:37.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (12th April 2014), Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (12th April 2014), Cearna (13th April 2014), lookbeyond (16th April 2014), Moonlight (12th April 2014), RealityCreation (21st August 2016), ronin (12th April 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    When I built the first garden bed in May '12, I got the worst sunburn I have had since I was a teenager. A little research revealed that Cayce recommended ACV to be applied directly to sunburns. So, I got my wife to slather it all over my shoulders and back, and it went from the beginnings of blisters to a tan the very next morning.

All this started, with the castor oil. My wife has suffered from these subcutaneous cysts, infections under the skin, and one day I was poking around in one of the old Cayce books, and found he recommended a drop of castor oil to be rubbed thoroughly onto the site of the cyst, every other day until its gone. A few weeks after reading this, I was at a local organic grocery, and spotted castor oil, cold pressed like Cayce said, not knowing what Heritage even was at this point. So, I got the oil, and it worked well for my wife. Then, one day I noticed on the bottle "as recommended in the edgar cayce readings". I checked out their website, then returned to the grocery and picked up some tooth powder and mouthwash, to try them out. some months later, my mouth was completely free of gum disease, and my teeth appeared to be getting smaller as the gum tissue regenerated where it had receded.

Then, later that summer, I was drinking beer and burning in my fire altar. I had stuck a bundle of sticks into the opening, and I noticed something sitting on top of the bundle. Well, my dumb ass picked it up with my left hand, and I dropped it just as quickly, as it was a piece of brick that had just flaked off from inside the chimney where I had been burning things for hours. Although I had only held it for an instant, the tips of my fingers had turned a bright pure white, so I hollered for my wife to bring out some ice water with atomidine for me to stick my fingers in while I looked up what Cayce recommended for burns. Well, it turned out one of the mouthwashes, AlkaThyme, was the same as GlycoThymoline, which was what he said would cure a burn. So, I got some AT in a little cup and kept the fingertips submerged until the pain stopped totally, which took about a half hour. The burns were GONE. The next day, the callouses were a little thicker on the fingers, but no sign of a burn at all. To this day, one bottle of AT lives in the kitchen, as my wife has a habit of burning herself when making roux, but has not had to deal with burns ever since. She will douse a piece of paper towel and put it over a burn, and cover it with plastic wrap and keep on with what she is doing.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

1inMany (12th April 2014), Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (12th April 2014), Cearna (13th April 2014), lookbeyond (16th April 2014), modwiz (12th April 2014), Moonlight (12th April 2014), RealityCreation (21st August 2016), ronin (12th April 2014), Sooz (12th April 2014)

Thanks
    It is great to be learning about the Cayce remedies. Heritage has made their products easy to obtain, they are magically effective and non-toxic. Thanks for the thread PL.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (12th April 2014), Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (12th April 2014), Cearna (13th April 2014), lookbeyond (16th April 2014), PurpleLama (12th April 2014), RealityCreation (21st August 2016), ronin (12th April 2014), Sooz (12th April 2014)

Senior Member United States 1inMany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,248 Times in 378 Posts
    PL, I was just looking for something else at baar.com and found this. Castor Oil Lawn and Garden. Hahaha Actually advertised for moles. Thought you might be interested:

http://www.baar.com/Merchant2/mercha...w=&range_high=

Also, for anyone looking for a remedy for all kinds of infections, viral or bacterial either one, I highly recommend the Oil of Oregano. Here's the one I use, and the label says it is Origanum vulgare (aerial), (from 15 mg of 100:1 Oil of Oregano)

http://www.puritan.com/herbal-supple...1500-mg-071258

We found this last year when my daughter brought home Influenza A from school. The doctor suggested Tamiflu. I wasn't too worried about the one with the flu, I was more worried that this would run through the whole family. So all of us took 2 capsules about 4 times a day, and no one else got it. I don't know about you guys, but I've never seen the flu hit one person in a big family and not hit a single other person. The flu sold me on this. (Plus, for the one with the flu, she began getting better after about 3 days instead of the 10-14 the doctor said to expect.)

Since then, we've gotten rid of at least 10 other bugs, from something like a possible cold to something as severe as bronchitis.

Of course we also keep the alka thyme at the ready, as a rag soaked in it helps my daughter breathe, even through asthma. I might try that herbal stuff you are trying, PL. She is excited that it might cut down on her use of an inhaler, and might get rid of it altogether.
    Last edited by 1inMany, 12th April 2014 at 16:29.
    Do not fashion me a maiden who needs saving from the dragons. I am the Dragon. And I will eat you whole.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 1inMany For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (12th April 2014), Cearna (13th April 2014), modwiz (12th April 2014), PurpleLama (12th April 2014), RealityCreation (21st August 2016), ronin (12th April 2014)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,328 Times in 1,589 Posts
    when i was young my brother and i went down to the park .
    there was and still is a brook that runs through it.
    my brother noticed a bee,s nest hanging in a tree(could have been wasp)not sure memory fails.
    he found a builders hardhat and knocked the nest into the hard hat and flung it into the river.
    i remember chasing after my brother who was chasing the nest as it flowed down the river.

what happened next was all these bee,s or wasp came out and stung my brother all over his body.
    he was screaming.
    i chased him home as fast as i could keep up.

when our mother saw him and learned what the cause was,she dowsed him in vinegar.
    to take away the stings.

all i can remember is that he was covered from head to toe in stings.
    no hospital,no doctors, just vinegar?

although i was with him and remember the swarm attacking him,and i would have only been a few feet away.
    they never attacked me.
    wonder if they could sense the bad energy that destroyed their home?

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ronin For This Useful Post:

1inMany (12th April 2014), Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (12th April 2014), Cearna (13th April 2014), modwiz (12th April 2014), PurpleLama (12th April 2014), RealityCreation (21st August 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    From my recent research, it appears that Baar is actually by far the better company than Heritage for the Cayce cures. Heritage is steadily discontinuing things and changing the ones that they don't get rid of. The remedies for many things are no longer available through Heritage, even some of the things I have tried just over the last few years. I have bought bottles of olive oil shampoo, for instance, but the ones currently available have totally different ingredients than the first ones I got. So, I will be checking it out from Baar.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

1inMany (12th April 2014), Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (12th April 2014), Cearna (13th April 2014), lookbeyond (16th April 2014), modwiz (12th April 2014), RealityCreation (21st August 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,564 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by ronin View Post
    when i was young my brother and i went down to the park .
    there was and still is a brook that runs through it.
    my brother noticed a bee,s nest hanging in a tree(could have been wasp)not sure memory fails.
    he found a builders hardhat and knocked the nest into the hard hat and flung it into the river.
    i remember chasing after my brother who was chasing the nest as it flowed down the river.

what happened next was all these bee,s or wasp came out and stung my brother all over his body.
    he was screaming.
    i chased him home as fast as i could keep up.

when our mother saw him and learned what the cause was,she dowsed him in vinegar.
    to take away the stings.

all i can remember is that he was covered from head to toe in stings.
    no hospital,no doctors, just vinegar?

although i was with him and remember the swarm attacking him,and i would have only been a few feet away.
    they never attacked me.
    wonder if they could sense the bad energy that destroyed their home?
    I'm not entirely sure hive animals are groups of beings but rather one being with multiple bodies. Certainly hives display network intelligence above and beyond the sum of the intelligence of each individual unit.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

1inMany (12th April 2014), 777 (12th April 2014), Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (12th April 2014), Cearna (13th April 2014), modwiz (12th April 2014), ronin (1st August 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,572 Times in 2,477 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Seikou-Kishi View Post
    I'm not entirely sure hive animals are groups of beings but rather one being with multiple bodies. Certainly hives display network intelligence above and beyond the sum of the intelligence of each individual unit.
    Indeed. The hive mind orchestrates the physical units at its' will/mentality/desire (summation or separate?). Surely though, its only the hives' instantaneous communicative superiority that is notable rather than desirable for us as humans? Makes one wonder, in the diversity sheltered under the umbrella of faith. Which one are we if either? Just musings, not a directed question

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 777 For This Useful Post:

1inMany (12th April 2014), Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (12th April 2014), Cearna (13th April 2014), modwiz (12th April 2014), RealityCreation (21st August 2016), ronin (1st August 2014)