Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cures of Edgar Cayce and More!

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,564 Times in 1,218 Posts
    What is the binomial of the oregano you use, Spiral? Also, could you give a brief description of the ionic pulser?

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Calz (4th April 2014), modwiz (4th April 2014), Moonlight (4th April 2014), ronin (5th April 2014), Spiral (4th April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,882 Times in 3,290 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Seikou-Kishi View Post
    What is the binomial of the oregano you use, Spiral? Also, could you give a brief description of the ionic pulser?
    Thanks for the word wedgy

I have bought several brands of wild oregano oil, you basically get what you pay for quality wise, we were getting it from a well known producer/supplier in Canada at first but then started getting malware warnings on their site so switched to a shop in the UK, Bobby's healthy shop.

The ionic pulser (thats its trade name) is a small electronic box with two silver rods that you sit over a glass of water & in 20 mins or so its cloudy white with silver in the water, which I then drink.
    Last edited by Spiral, 5th April 2014 at 08:01.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), modwiz (4th April 2014), Moonlight (4th April 2014), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016), ronin (5th April 2014), Seikou-Kishi (4th April 2014), Sooz (5th April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,402 Times in 1,356 Posts
    I made my own wild oregano infused oil with the herb I gathered this summer but haven't used it yet. I am going to incorporate it into cream for skin problems. I would imagine I can also use it internally but since it is not as potent as the oil extract the effect might be different.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Altaira For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), modwiz (4th April 2014), Moonlight (4th April 2014), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016), ronin (5th April 2014), Seikou-Kishi (4th April 2014), Spiral (5th April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Spiral View Post
    I have bought several brands of wild oregano oil, you basically get what you pay for quality wise, we were getting it from a well known producer/supplier Canada at first but then started getting malware warnings on their site so switched to a shop in the UK, Bobby's healthy shop.
    Absolutely quality is an issue every time, whether it's drinking water or medicine. What I meant to ask was the two-part scientific name of the oil you use. Origanum is an entire genus of plants.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (6th April 2014), modwiz (4th April 2014), Moonlight (4th April 2014), ronin (5th April 2014), Spiral (5th April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Altaira View Post
    I made my own wild oregano infused oil with the herb I gathered this summer but haven't used it yet. I am going to incorporate it into cream for skin problems. I would imagine I can also use it internally but since it is not as potent as the oil extract the effect might be different.
    Well, in terms of using it as a component in creams... oregano oil itself can be very potent. The plant (which I suspect is the oil Spiral is referring to as well) is Origanum vulgare, and its oil is highly potent and will sting the skin quite readily. I am not one who believes every essential oil must be diluted (and happily take a lot of them internally, too) but oregano is one which would be much more appealing when diluted.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (6th April 2014), modwiz (4th April 2014), Moonlight (4th April 2014), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016), ronin (5th April 2014), Spiral (5th April 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    I have been taking oil of wild oregano, purchased from a local vitamin store, on occasion, experimentally one might say. I cannot attest to it's effectiveness in treating any conditions, as of yet I have no conditions to treat. With small children in the house, it will have it's test when the next little bug gets brought home. A few drops under the tongue opens up the sinuses quite a bit, but I do love spicy food so it is more than fine with me.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (6th April 2014), lookbeyond (5th April 2014), modwiz (4th April 2014), Moonlight (4th April 2014), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016), ronin (5th April 2014), Seikou-Kishi (4th April 2014), Sooz (5th April 2014), Spiral (5th April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 710 Posts
    Two alternative "cures" that have worked for Mrs Spiral & I are home made colloidal silver, only used after contact with someone who has a cold etc or when the onset is felt, since we started using it a few years ago neither of us has had any illness at all.

At first I used a 6v battery connected to two 9.99 silver strips, now we have a proper "ionic pulser".

The other is Wild Oregano oil, it can be taken internally using capsules or put on the skin, it has got rid of marks that look like red moles that appeared from over exposure to the sun.

There are other things we use but I couldn't honestly hold my hand on heart & say that they worked, but then herbal type cures are usually subtle..........

(Trying out some organic thyme syrup atm )
    Hi Spiral, just wondering, did you dilute the oregano oil for use on the skin and how often did you apply? Thanks.

Ive been using a pinch of sea salt with 2 drops wild oregano oil in cup warm water as a mouth rinse following brush/floss teeth, it really freshens gums/tongue.

My teenage daughter has been struggling with acne, ive been making her a bentovite clay face mask with 2 drops oregano oil which she uses daily, it has not cleared the acne tho may be preventing it from being worse than it could be, does anyone know of a better treatment for acne? Thanks for any suggestions,lb

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), modwiz (5th April 2014), Moonlight (5th April 2014), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016), ronin (5th April 2014), Seikou-Kishi (5th April 2014), Sooz (5th April 2014), Spiral (5th April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by lookbeyond View Post
    Hi Spiral, just wondering, did you dilute the oregano oil for use on the skin and how often did you apply? Thanks.

Ive been using a pinch of sea salt with 2 drops wild oregano oil in cup warm water as a mouth rinse following brush/floss teeth, it really freshens gums/tongue.

My teenage daughter has been struggling with acne, ive been making her a bentovite clay face mask with 2 drops oregano oil which she uses daily, it has not cleared the acne tho may be preventing it from being worse than it could be, does anyone know of a better treatment for acne? Thanks for any suggestions,lb
    Hi Lookbeyond

If you want to clear your daughter's acne, use a combination of ylang ylang and either tea tree oil or eucalyptus oil. You can use both tea tree oil and eucalyptus if you'd like, and you could add lavender oil too to smooth out the harsh edges of either/both and it would help with the healing process. The ylang-ylang will normalise the skin's sebum production helping prevent acne in the future.

The two essentials in this regard are ylang ylang and either tea tree or eucalyptus. As I've said, ylang ylang will normalise the skin's production of sebum, which is in overdrive in acne for hormonal reasons. It's best not to interfere with these hormones but just to wait it out. The tea tree or eucalyptus oil is used for their antibacterial effect, as acne is a breeding ground for bacteria. Both of them have the same menthol feeling of airiness and cleanliness which can't hurt on a psychological level, either.

I would be disinclined to continue using oregano oil for this as the skin is very sensitive in people going through puberty. If your daughter's skin is sensitive to the presence of oregano oil (which is likely), it will respond by producing its own "oil" in an attempt to dilute and wash away the oil, so the use of it may be exacerbating rather than remedying the acne. Lavender oil is always safe for use on the skin, even neat (ylang ylang, tea tree and eucalyptus are the same), so it can be used liberally as a way of soothing the skin and encouraging healing. Lavender is antibacterial in its own right, and is also analgesic and vulnery, helping to heal wounds and calm the pain from them. It would provide immediate relief in the case that your daughter's acne was causing her pain or discomfort, and it's power to remedy such pain increases with its severity.

Edit: If you want to insulate your daughter's skin against these wildly fluctuating hormones, geranium is a good oil to use. It is suitable for application when neat, too. The only problem is that it has a very potent scent, many times stronger than the already overpowering scent of the geranium flowers. Add some of this to the ylang ylang oil when applying to the skin and your daughter's skin will be protected from the brunt of the emotional changes she's experiencing. She'll smell like an ornamental garden, but she won't have the acne. The best idea is to add it in small amounts to the ylang ylang oil, as that oil has a very pleasant scent.
    Last edited by Seikou-Kishi, 5th April 2014 at 03:59.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (6th April 2014), lookbeyond (5th April 2014), modwiz (5th April 2014), Moonlight (5th April 2014), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016), ronin (5th April 2014), Sooz (5th April 2014), Spiral (5th April 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Seikou-Kishi View Post
    Hi Lookbeyond

If you want to clear your daughter's acne, use a combination of ylang ylang and either tea tree oil or eucalyptus oil. You can use both tea tree oil and eucalyptus if you'd like, and you could add lavender oil too to smooth out the harsh edges of either/both and it would help with the healing process. The ylang-ylang will normalise the skin's sebum production helping prevent acne in the future.

The two essentials in this regard are ylang ylang and either tea tree or eucalyptus. As I've said, ylang ylang will normalise the skin's production of sebum, which is in overdrive in acne for hormonal reasons. It's best not to interfere with these hormones but just to wait it out. The tea tree or eucalyptus oil is used for their antibacterial effect, as acne is a breeding ground for bacteria. Both of them have the same menthol feeling of airiness and cleanliness which can't hurt on a psychological level, either.

I would be disinclined to continue using oregano oil for this as the skin is very sensitive in people going through puberty. If your daughter's skin is sensitive to the presence of oregano oil (which is likely), it will respond by producing its own "oil" in an attempt to dilute and wash away the oil, so the use of it may be exacerbating rather than remedying the acne. Lavender oil is always safe for use on the skin, even neat (ylang ylang, tea tree and eucalyptus are the same), so it can be used liberally as a way of soothing the skin and encouraging healing. Lavender is antibacterial in its own right, and is also analgesic and vulnery, helping to heal wounds and calm the pain from them. It would provide immediate relief in the case that your daughter's acne was causing her pain or discomfort, and it's power to remedy such pain increases with its severity.

Edit: If you want to insulate your daughter's skin against these wildly fluctuating hormones, geranium is a good oil to use. It is suitable for application when neat, too. The only problem is that it has a very potent scent, many times stronger than the already overpowering scent of the geranium flowers. Add some of this to the ylang ylang oil when applying to the skin and your daughter's skin will be protected from the brunt of the emotional changes she's experiencing. She'll smell like an ornamental garden, but she won't have the acne. The best idea is to add it in small amounts to the ylang ylang oil, as that oil has a very pleasant scent.
    This is expert and well considered advice. The language it was offered in was equally expert, IMO. Ylang is amazingly potent against any moist skin eruptions. Eucalyptus and ylang (Saturn and Venus respectively) are a wonderful combination of scent and effectiveness. Ylang lending body to the airy euc, and the euc bring some space to the dense floral tones of ylang. Tea tree is a wonder in endless applications. These three oils are the best choice for acne.

We are blessed to have you share your informed knowledge with us SK.
    Last edited by modwiz, 5th April 2014 at 05:08.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (6th April 2014), lookbeyond (5th April 2014), Moonlight (5th April 2014), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016), ronin (5th April 2014), Seikou-Kishi (5th April 2014), Sooz (5th April 2014), Spiral (5th April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 710 Posts
    Thankyou SK, i will buy these oils Monday. I appreciate such an in depth reply. If either yourself or someone else who knows how to apply them would tell me please as i am a novice with re to essential oils. Should i add a certain number of drops into water or a base or are they applied neat and do you wipe off excess or leave,is this once a day, thanks again, lookbeyond

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (6th April 2014), modwiz (6th April 2014), Moonlight (5th April 2014), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016), ronin (5th April 2014), Seikou-Kishi (5th April 2014), Sooz (5th April 2014), Spiral (5th April 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,398 Times in 3,150 Posts
    My teenage daughter has been struggling with acne, ive been making her a bentovite clay face mask with 2 drops oregano oil which she uses daily, it has not cleared the acne tho may be preventing it from being worse than it could be, does anyone know of a better treatment for acne? Thanks for any suggestions,lb[/QUOTE]

Hi lookbeyond,

You are lucky that your daughter allows you treat her acne, my son refuses all my attempts of the myriad of treatments I have stashed in my first aid kit.

He seems to want to wear his pimps as a badge of manhood - 'hey I'm hormonal dude', lol...

Suppose boys are different from girls (hey, that's a revolutionary statement).

Seriously, I would also recommend a high grade manuka honey to dab on. But my money would be on SK's remedies, the man is a bloody encyclopaedia of information.

Hi SK!

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (6th April 2014), lookbeyond (5th April 2014), modwiz (5th April 2014), Moonlight (5th April 2014), Ria (5th April 2014), ronin (5th April 2014), Seikou-Kishi (5th April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,882 Times in 3,290 Posts
    In response to the above posts re wild oregano oil, yes its Origanum Vulgare , (it grows wild around the Mediterranean ) & it is VERY strong, I would think twice about using it on children, or thin it with a good olive oil. (It comes already mixed in olive oil (aka carrier oil) normally, about 1:4 for a good one )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregano

A drop on the finger rubbed into what appeared to be possibly skin cancer made it disappear in a couple of weeks, this was on the arm though & for acne SKs advice sounds like the better path to follow for treatment, that chep really knows his onions.

Acne type symptoms also are a feature of dairy intolerance, which is one of the most common allergies/ intolerances, it would be worth ditching milk & cheese for a couple of months to see if it makes a difference if the acne is particularly bad.

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (6th April 2014), lookbeyond (5th April 2014), modwiz (5th April 2014), Moonlight (5th April 2014), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016), Ria (5th April 2014), ronin (5th April 2014), Seikou-Kishi (5th April 2014), Sooz (5th April 2014)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,328 Times in 1,589 Posts
    after seeing the effects of Manuka honey on my son who has psoriasis i would defiantly give this a try.
    he started out with 15+ but is now trying 12+.

we found a deal on amazon 2 for £17,normally it would be one for the same price.

one teaspoon 3 times a day mixed in with food or a drink for a month and then it takes affect.

i mentioned this to a guy at work who has the same condition and he just totally ignored the concept,preferring to use pharmaceutical remedies.
    his hair is falling out and the redness on him looks sore.

but what can i say,only Manuka works for psoriasis and i,m pretty sure it will work for acne.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by ronin, 5th April 2014 at 12:00.

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ronin For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (6th April 2014), lookbeyond (5th April 2014), modwiz (5th April 2014), Moonlight (5th April 2014), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016), Seikou-Kishi (5th April 2014), Sooz (5th April 2014), Spiral (6th April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,237 Times in 670 Posts
    I find that the use of essential oils is very personal. I personally do not enjoy the smell of Ylang-Ylang, although I recognize its power, so it would not be my first choice to use as a facial cream. I would say bring your daughter to a health/herbal shop and go on a smell fest and see what speaks to her. The quality of the essential oil is also very important.

I personally would prefer rosewood (aniba rosaeodora), palmarosa (cymbopogon martini), lavender (lavandula spica or latifolia). I would also choose a calendula oil base (calendula officinalis) or water. It can take a while when you are making your own to know how many drops to use of each HE chosen, what oil base is best, etc. But it is fun to experience.

In my area, there are a couple of herbalist that make very, very nice facial creams and oils, soaps, etc. Maybe you can find one in your area ?

Coming back to calendula... my favorite of all. It grows easily everywhere and is very generous. I call her "ma belle douce". It also re-seeds itself when you leave a couple of flowers make their seeds. It is easy to harvest, just pop the flower off when it's in full bloom. It is easy to dry... I place them in a brown paper bag in which I have punched holes... and on a windy/dry day, I hang the bag on the clothes line. You can make oil with it (I use a base of good quality olive oil), water (place the flowers in water, under the sun... or moon, with a couple of crystals in), or you can drink as tea.

http://www.clefdeschamps.net/tour/ar...p?ArticleId=07

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Moonlight For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (6th April 2014), lookbeyond (5th April 2014), modwiz (6th April 2014), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016), ronin (5th April 2014), Seikou-Kishi (5th April 2014), Sooz (5th April 2014), Spiral (6th April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    that chep really knows his onions.
    God I love onions

"By the way, Spiral, oh my God, these onions, these onions Spiral, oh my God, these onions, oh my God!"

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (6th April 2014), lookbeyond (6th April 2014), modwiz (6th April 2014), Moonlight (6th April 2014), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016), ronin (5th April 2014), Sooz (5th April 2014), Spiral (6th April 2014)