Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Ubuntu Contribunism the future?

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    I would also like to know how Findhorn is going. Plenty of information was available for devas and nature spirit interaction and direction. Lots on farming techniques too. Not so much on the human factor. Not so much is not indicative of no information.

Last I read, some years ago, Findhorn had wound down to a stable, modest core community. This is, IIRC. I am sure dealing with idealistic new agers might have gotten tiring. "Hey you're not contributing". "Hey. That's like so judgmental, man".
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

2. The Following User Says Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Moonlight (13th April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,646 Times in 1,886 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by BabaRa View Post
    Findhorn in Scotland has been in operation since the mid-80's.

I'd love to go spend time there and see how it works and how they deal with the problems of the emotional nature of humans.

Also Damanhur in Italy. I believe they've been in operation since the mid-70's. And I must say, the climate of Italy is more appealing to me at this point in my life, although I think Damanhur is in the mountains, so they probably have a winter. I was hoping to go there last year, but the Universe had other ideas. Maybe this year.
    I have spent time at Findhorn and was very disappointed, if you won't to spend time obsessively navel gazing and not getting much done then you are in the right place.
    Modwizs makes some very good points and concure with some of my own findings.
    Last edited by Ria, 2nd April 2014 at 07:40.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ria For This Useful Post:

modwiz (2nd April 2014), Moonlight (13th April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,646 Times in 1,886 Posts
    I am not up to date as to the latest at Findhorn as I have dismissed it long ago as a non viable proto type for anything.
    The original concept may well of been viable.
    Regarding food production, less than 10 percent was provided by the Findhorn community, I suspect only 1 precent. I was part of the gradening core team, by the time we had tuned in, collected tooles, tuned in agen to the spot then tuned out for a coffe brake, then tuned back in agen, then out agen, back to the toole shed for a group tuning then lunch, I think I did what seem like 10 minuets work. Now I would of liked to be left to get on with it , but I was partnered with a person who supervised this process.
    I thought it a f....... wast of time.
    Don't think I don't approve of tuning in far from it......but
    There's more, it could be to much for you folks here.
    Last edited by Ria, 2nd April 2014 at 08:59.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ria For This Useful Post:

modwiz (2nd April 2014), Moonlight (13th April 2014)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.