Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alternative Media You Say? What's So Alternative About It?

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,564 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by sandy View Post
    Great post Fred, and hey what's up with changing?! Isn't life a process and one of evolving? Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!! hahaha Love Yah Bro'
    I absolutely agree! There is the awful attitude all over the place that people aren't allowed to change their minds. It's as though they have to choose an opinion and stick with it, no matter what. They're not allowed to change their mind because they feel different, or even in the face of fresh evidence. They are shouted down as doing a u-turn and not having the courage of their convictions.

I'm far too whimsical and inconsistent for that lol
    Last edited by Seikou-Kishi, 14th March 2014 at 04:10.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (14th March 2014), Calabash (16th March 2014), GCS1103 (14th March 2014), modwiz (14th March 2014), sandy (15th March 2014)

Fred Steeves
    Quote Originally posted by BabaRa View Post
    I understand where you are coming from Fred, but I really believe you're preaching to the choir. I think most of us here don't believe what we're spoon fed on the alternative media or from New Age gurus.
    Roger that Barbara, point taken. This serves actually as an opportunity to clarify some different mindsets behind my postings, the same likely holds true for many others as well. Sometimes I'm talking directly to other TOT members, sometimes it's meant more for non members who may (and do) follow this forum, and sometimes it's just a need to assemble my thoughts and feelings about something in writing, much like the writer part of John Boy on "The Waltons". This thread was all three.

I know this is a savvy bunch here, I wouldn't hang around if that were not the case. In some ways my post yesterday was a bit of a controlled release of rant that builds up from time to time, and it just feels good to gather it all together and let it fly away when that happens doesn't it? Now honestly, I don't rightly know how many here do actual research into these public figures and their various projects or not. For the ones who don't, I try to show that the information gleaned from doing so can prove of value when making a decision about something, or someone.

I also wanted what I wrote "out there" for the newbies sucking up all this alt media stuff like a vacuum cleaner on steroids, just like I was 3 or so years ago. That little heads up to be careful may save a person or two just starting out from diving down too many unnecessary rabbit holes. I used to be an avid Glenn Beck fan, until one day I heard Alex Jones pointing some things out about him that really got me re-thinking things. I had just been unable to see it, but once I was shown things from a different perspective I could take it from there.

Staying with non members, but in a different way, when I say something like this---
    Do they have a history of making predictions that never come to pass, like Ed Dames' "Kill Shot" for example? (Ed, where the heck IS that kill shot brother?)
    I'm actually talking directly TO that person. In this case the ex army major.

Same thing here:
    So if you have the chance to interview say a Bruce Maccabee, a Steven Greer or a Richard Boylin, (even Colin Andrews again LOL), shouldn't this also be up for discussion?
    What I'm basically doing is calling them out a bit. A lot of these guys know each other to varying degrees, and these forums are of great interest to a lot of them as well, so I like to think (wrongly or rightly) that word tends to maybe get around. Maybe something like this: "Hey Ed, have you seen the guy on that little TOT forum that's been calling you out lately?" Ed may not give a chit, probably doesn't, but he knows at least one person is out there watching things with a magnifying glass. Then again though, maybe one of the people I randomly mentioned would actually like to sign up here, and give their side of the story. I would welcome that, as I'm sure we all would.

So anyway, I hope this little offing gives a clearer insight into how I post things and why. Sure I enjoy preaching to the choir every now and then as well, it's fun to hear an "Amen brother!" every now and then (LOL).

Cheers

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (14th March 2014), Calabash (16th March 2014), GCS1103 (15th March 2014), modwiz (16th March 2014), sandy (15th March 2014)

Retired Member Haiti
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,813 Times in 895 Posts
    Whether you're reading information from the alternative media or msm, it's perhaps commonsense to take a "fence-sitting" approach and not lob yourselves hook line and sinker in any direction. Gradually, a pattern emerges. ime 40% of what we read is a mixture of truth and half truth, 5% or less is the truth and the rest is complete crap or wishful thinking.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calabash For This Useful Post:

KosmicKat (16th March 2014), modwiz (16th March 2014)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.