Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Plane gone 'missing' from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,049 Times in 1,574 Posts
    Malaysian PM: Missing flight was intentionally diverted

A Malaysian passenger jet missing for more than a week had its communications deliberately disabled and its last signal came about seven-and-a-half hours after takeoff, meaning it could have ended up as far as Kazakhstan or deep in the southern Indian Ocean, Prime Minister Najib Razak said Saturday

Najib's statement Saturday gave further credence to mounting speculation that the disappearance of the Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 with 239 people on board was not accidental.

"In view of this latest development, the Malaysian authorities have refocused their investigation into the crew and passengers on board," Najib said, stressing they are still investigating all possibilities as to why the plane deviated so drastically from its original flight path.

Minutes after the Malaysian press conference ended, police began searching the house of the missing aircraft's 53-year-old captain for any evidence that he could have been involved in foul play, Reuters reported.

But to date, no details have emerged of any passengers or crew members having any links to terrorist groups, nor any evidence of psychological problems that may explain a motive for diverting or deliberately crashing the flight. And Malaysia Airlines officials have said they do not believe that the experienced pilot would have sabotaged the plane.

Najib said investigators now have a high degree of certainly that one of the planes communications, the Aircraft and Communications Addressing and Reporting System, was disabled before the aircraft reached the east coast of Malaysia. Shortly afterward someone on board then switched off the aircraft's transponder, which communicates with civilian air traffic controllers.

The prime minister then confirmed that Malaysian air force defense radar picked up traces of the plane turning back westward, crossing over peninsular Malaysia into the northern stretches of the Strait of Malacca.
    Authorities previously had said this radar data could not be verified.

He then said the last confirmed signal between the plane and a satellite came at 8:11 a.m. Malaysian time — 7 hours and 31 minutes after take-off. Airline officials have said the plane had enough fuel to fly for up to about eight hours.

http://america.aljazeera.com/article...ydiverted.html
    Last edited by BabaRa, 15th March 2014 at 23:32.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BabaRa For This Useful Post:

Altaira (16th March 2014), Calz (17th March 2014), Highland1 (16th March 2014), jimmer (17th March 2014), modwiz (16th March 2014), Sooz (16th March 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,398 Times in 3,150 Posts
    This just in from Mike Adams of Natural News. I personally find him a very credible journalist.

So....this is his take...

http://www.naturalnews.com/044307_Fl...ir_piracy.html

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (16th March 2014), Calz (17th March 2014), Highland1 (16th March 2014), jimmer (17th March 2014), modwiz (16th March 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Well, I took the time to read the article, even after the Iranophobic viewpoint was made early on. I wonder if I am alone in seeing this this journalist as an Anglo/American Iranophobic, neocon, NWO shill?

Particularly odious and revealing was this tired old lie limping along in the matrix of the misinformed and misinformers.

The reason I deliberately choose Tel Aviv in this example is because there appears to be a possible link with Iran in all this, and the Iranian government leadership has reportedly said it wishes to see Israel wiped off the map. The elaborate nature of this aircraft piracy, if indeed this is the true explanation, also smacks of state-sponsored involvement.
    Well, we agree in the last sentence that, this 'smacks of state-sponsored involvement'.

(In Church Lady voice) "Hmm.I wonder who that could be?" "Satan?"

So, I think this article is astute in the very real potential to use the jet as a weapon. I lean towards that observation. It is the political shaping that accompanies the important information that identifies the hand behind it. This has neocon hysteria all over it.

It is very insulting to the character of Iran, based on a bogey man built up in the news since 1979.
    Last edited by modwiz, 16th March 2014 at 11:51.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Altaira (19th March 2014), BabaRa (16th March 2014), Calz (17th March 2014), Highland1 (16th March 2014), john parslow (16th March 2014), norman (16th March 2014), Ria (17th March 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,049 Times in 1,574 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    Well, I took the time to read the article, even after the Iranophobic viewpoint was made early on. I wonder if I am alone in seeing this this journalist as an Anglo/American Iranophobic, neocon, NWO shill?

Particularly odious and revealing was this tired old lie limping along in the matrix of the misinformed and misinformers.

Well, we agree in the last sentence that, this 'smacks of state-sponsored involvement'.
    I agree.

Those corporations that make and sell the weapons care not what country, religious or ethnic group they sell them to in order to keep the war machine going. Then they pad the politicians pockets to keep inventing enemies for each country, stir the pot with the media, and march us off to war.

Until we the people refuse to see A Russian, an Iranian, a Muslim, a Christian, an American or you fill in the blank as the enemy, we will continue to be their pawns.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BabaRa For This Useful Post:

Altaira (19th March 2014), Calz (17th March 2014), Highland1 (16th March 2014), john parslow (16th March 2014), KosmicKat (17th March 2014), modwiz (16th March 2014), Ria (17th March 2014)

Retired Member Haiti
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,813 Times in 895 Posts
    The front page headlines on the UK msm newspapers today are shouting that the pilot was a "Political Fanatic" . . . . . .
    Last edited by Calabash, 16th March 2014 at 17:56.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Calabash For This Useful Post:

Altaira (19th March 2014), BabaRa (16th March 2014), Calz (17th March 2014), Highland1 (16th March 2014), modwiz (16th March 2014), Ria (17th March 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    More interesting stuff here:

Diego Garcia (supposedly an interrogation centre, a US military base to the east of Africa), is said to be a landing place they could have reached. Remember the Chinese executives on the plane, employees involved in cloaking technology? The company was Freescale Semiconductor, as I mentioned previously in this thread.

Lord Jacob Rothschild is a member of Blackstone, an affiliated company to Freescale Semiconductor. (There is a whole other story in there).

Could it even have landed in Australia? - Plenty of desert with hard packed ground to land - what about near Pine Gap? (Might as well throw that one in for flavour - not outside the realm of possibilities).

Last but not least, the technology for all Boeings can be remotely controlled by the military (BUAP) has been in existence the last several years or so.

Worth a look:

http://21stcenturywire.com/2014/03/1...h370-part-two/
    Last edited by Sooz, 17th March 2014 at 10:57.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Altaira (19th March 2014), BabaRa (18th March 2014), Calabash (17th March 2014), Calz (17th March 2014), Highland1 (17th March 2014), modwiz (17th March 2014), Ria (17th March 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    While this story of the missing plane is captivating the world media - and it IS compelling - I believe like Modwiz and others have said - it's distracting us of what is happening in the Ukraine, i.e., the possibility of WW3 and what THAT means for humankind.

While it is distressing to hear of 239 people lost, I find it most suspect that there has been a 'public search' issued for everyone to put their theories in. This is a distraction tactic. The whole world is in on this now and no-one is listening or watching what is going on behind the curtain.

These people are masters of deception and hidden hands.

There are people in the media that are not so easily swayed in that deception. They need our prayers right now.
    Last edited by Sooz, 17th March 2014 at 11:00.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (18th March 2014), Calz (17th March 2014), Highland1 (17th March 2014), modwiz (17th March 2014), Ria (17th March 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,070 Times in 1,329 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Sooz View Post

While this story of the missing plane is captivating the world media - and it is compelling, I believe like Modwiz and others have said - it's distracting us of what is happening in the Ukraine, i.e., the possibility of WW3 and what THAT means for humankind.
    Well I was trying to ...

http://jandeane81.com/threads/2204-R...ll=1#post16501

Now that Crimea has voted we will see exactly who is going to back up their bluster.

EU will be meeting soon (possibly already started) to discuss possible sanctions.

That could take us down some rather ugly roads ...

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Useful Post:

Altaira (19th March 2014), BabaRa (18th March 2014), Highland1 (17th March 2014), KosmicKat (17th March 2014), modwiz (17th March 2014), Ria (17th March 2014), Sooz (17th March 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanks Calz, it's so hard to keep up with everything...

For now I would love to keep on reading and researching until the wee small hours, I'm on a buzz...but I know I must sleep if I'm going to be of any use to my clients tomorrow....lol...

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Altaira (19th March 2014), BabaRa (18th March 2014), Calz (17th March 2014), Highland1 (17th March 2014), Ria (17th March 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,116 Times in 3,777 Posts
    While this story of the missing plane is captivating the world media - and it IS compelling - I believe like Modwiz and others have said - it's distracting us of what is happening in the Ukraine, i.e., the possibility of WW3 and what THAT means for humankind.

While it is distressing to hear of 239 people lost, I find it most suspect that there has been a 'public search' issued for everyone to put their theories in. This is a distraction tactic. The whole world is in on this now and no-one is listening or watching what is going on behind the curtain.

These people are masters of deception and hidden hands.

There are people in the media that are not so easily swayed in that deception. They need our prayers right now.
    your 'diversion theory' it could be vice versa.

pirated airliner
    flew 7 hours
    dropped to 5K ft. under radar surveillance
    could reach the middle east
    777 can land on shorter runways, lots of options

9/11 worked (if you believe it wasn't a false flag ; )
    al-qeada repeats successful strategies
    9/11-2, eventually
    all of europe is within reach

the race to find the passengers and that craft

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Altaira (17th March 2014), BabaRa (18th March 2014), Highland1 (17th March 2014), Sooz (18th March 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,684 Times in 1,382 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by jimmer View Post

.....9/11 worked (if you believe it wasn't a false flag ; )

al-qeada repeats successful strategies

9/11-2, eventually

all of europe is within reach.....
    I don't believe it wasn't a false flag.

Your logic follows through perfectly though.

I just think it would be a military/intel operation, not Muslim extremists.

The whole operation could have been remotely controlled, while the pilots and passengers sat there helpless.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Useful Post:

Altaira (17th March 2014), BabaRa (18th March 2014), Highland1 (17th March 2014), modwiz (17th March 2014), Ria (17th March 2014), Sooz (18th March 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    .....I find it most suspect that there has been a 'public search' issued for everyone to put their theories in. This is a distraction tactic. The whole world is in on this now and no-one is listening or watching what is going on behind the curtain.
    I believe 'they' have no good cover story and are hoping that 'we' will come up with a good one they can go with. Hence the public search.
    Last edited by modwiz, 17th March 2014 at 18:59.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Altaira (17th March 2014), BabaRa (18th March 2014), Highland1 (17th March 2014), Sooz (18th March 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,463 Times in 294 Posts
    Bingo

I believe 'they' have no good cover story
    How many countries have satellites that know? 5 perhaps more. There all in on the cover stories. Pause and think.
    The only truth is the very first report. The plane went missing. They don't want the public to know more as it would open a can of worms they don't want to reveal. This is not the first time a plane has vanished. I recall one near Lake Superior US/Canada border. 2 fighters scrambled. Then...BOTH FIGHTERS VANISHED ALSO. There are many reports of vanished planes ... the satellites know.

It's just like the stories that ran wild 1960 when they claimed the USSR shot down Francis Gary Powers U-2 spy plane. The plane landed intact, hardly damaged, pilot alive and walking. It was horrible the way he was crucified in the media. No country had a missal to reach the elevation he flew. Suddenly, his plane was not under command. Now, 50 years later, this is supposed to make his family feel good.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/16/us...star.html?_r=0

Nothing here to see folks.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sparky For This Useful Post:

Altaira (18th March 2014), BabaRa (18th March 2014), Highland1 (19th March 2014), modwiz (18th March 2014), Sooz (18th March 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 473 Posts
    I hope I may comment without offending, that a missal makes a poor missile

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KosmicKat For This Useful Post:

Altaira (19th March 2014), Highland1 (19th March 2014)

Retired Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,958 Times in 344 Posts
    Common sense tells us the simplest solution is is often the correct solution: Paying attention to experience.

A Startlingly Simple Theory About the Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet
    BY CHRIS GOODFELLOW03.18.146:30 AM

There has been a lot of speculation about Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. Terrorism, hijacking, meteors. I cannot believe the analysis on CNN; it’s almost disturbing. I tend to look for a simpler explanation, and I find it with the 13,000-foot runway at Pulau Langkawi.

We know the story of MH370: A loaded Boeing 777 departs at midnight from Kuala Lampur, headed to Beijing. A hot night. A heavy aircraft. About an hour out, across the gulf toward Vietnam, the plane goes dark, meaning the transponder and secondary radar tracking go off. Two days later we hear reports that Malaysian military radar (which is a primary radar, meaning the plane is tracked by reflection rather than by transponder interrogation response) has tracked the plane on a southwesterly course back across the Malay Peninsula into the Strait of Malacca.

The left turn is the key here. Zaharie Ahmad Shah1 was a very experienced senior captain with 18,000 hours of flight time. We old pilots were drilled to know what is the closest airport of safe harbor while in cruise. Airports behind us, airports abeam us, and airports ahead of us. They’re always in our head. Always. If something happens, you don’t want to be thinking about what are you going to do–you already know what you are going to do. When I saw that left turn with a direct heading, I instinctively knew he was heading for an airport. He was taking a direct route to Palau Langkawi, a 13,000-foot airstrip with an approach over water and no obstacles. The captain did not turn back to Kuala Lampur because he knew he had 8,000-foot ridges to cross. He knew the terrain was friendlier toward Langkawi, which also was closer.

Take a look at this airport on Google Earth. The pilot did all the right things. He was confronted by some major event onboard that made him make an immediate turn to the closest, safest airport.

The loss of transponders and communications makes perfect sense in a fire.
    When I heard this I immediately brought up Google Earth and searched for airports in proximity to the track toward the southwest.

For me, the loss of transponders and communications makes perfect sense in a fire. And there most likely was an electrical fire. In the case of a fire, the first response is to pull the main busses and restore circuits one by one until you have isolated the bad one. If they pulled the busses, the plane would go silent. It probably was a serious event and the flight crew was occupied with controlling the plane and trying to fight the fire. Aviate, navigate, and lastly, communicate is the mantra in such situations.

There are two types of fires. An electrical fire might not be as fast and furious, and there may or may not be incapacitating smoke. However there is the possibility, given the timeline, that there was an overheat on one of the front landing gear tires, it blew on takeoff and started slowly burning. Yes, this happens with underinflated tires. Remember: Heavy plane, hot night, sea level, long-run takeoff. There was a well known accident in Nigeria of a DC8 that had a landing gear fire on takeoff. Once going, a tire fire would produce horrific, incapacitating smoke. Yes, pilots have access to oxygen masks, but this is a no-no with fire. Most have access to a smoke hood with a filter, but this will last only a few minutes depending on the smoke level. (I used to carry one in my flight bag, and I still carry one in my briefcase when I fly.)

What I think happened is the flight crew was overcome by smoke and the plane continued on the heading, probably on George (autopilot), until it ran out of fuel or the fire destroyed the control surfaces and it crashed. You will find it along that route–looking elsewhere is pointless.

lang-660

Ongoing speculation of a hijacking and/or murder-suicide and that there was a flight engineer on board does not sway me in favor of foul play until I am presented with evidence of foul play.

We know there was a last voice transmission that, from a pilot’s point of view, was entirely normal. “Good night” is customary on a hand-off to a new air traffic control. The “good night” also strongly indicates to me that all was OK on the flight deck. Remember, there are many ways a pilot can communicate distress. A hijack code or even transponder code off by one digit would alert ATC that something was wrong. Every good pilot knows keying an SOS over the mike always is an option. Even three short clicks would raise an alert. So I conclude that at the point of voice transmission all was perceived as well on the flight deck by the pilots.

But things could have been in the process of going wrong, unknown to the pilots.

Evidently the ACARS went inoperative some time before. Disabling the ACARS is not easy, as pointed out. This leads me to believe more in an electrical problem or an electrical fire than a manual shutdown. I suggest the pilots probably were not aware ACARS was not transmitting.

As for the reports of altitude fluctuations, given that this was not transponder-generated data but primary radar at maybe 200 miles, the azimuth readings can be affected by a lot of atmospherics and I would not have high confidence in this being totally reliable. But let’s accept for a minute that the pilot may have ascended to 45,000 feet in a last-ditch effort to quell a fire by seeking the lowest level of oxygen. That is an acceptable scenario. At 45,000 feet, it would be tough to keep this aircraft stable, as the flight envelope is very narrow and loss of control in a stall is entirely possible. The aircraft is at the top of its operational ceiling. The reported rapid rates of descent could have been generated by a stall, followed by a recovery at 25,000 feet. The pilot may even have been diving to extinguish flames.

But going to 45,000 feet in a hijack scenario doesn’t make any good sense to me.

Regarding the additional flying time: On departing Kuala Lampur, Flight 370 would have had fuel for Beijing and an alternate destination, probably Shanghai, plus 45 minutes–say, 8 hours. Maybe more. He burned 20-25 percent in the first hour with takeoff and the climb to cruise. So when the turn was made toward Langkawi, he would have had six hours or more hours worth of fuel. This correlates nicely with the Inmarsat data pings being received until fuel exhaustion.

Fire in an aircraft demands one thing: Get the machine on the ground as soon as possible.
    The now known continued flight until time to fuel exhaustion only confirms to me that the crew was incapacitated and the flight continued on deep into the south Indian ocean.

There is no point speculating further until more evidence surfaces, but in the meantime it serves no purpose to malign pilots who well may have been in a struggle to save this aircraft from a fire or other serious mechanical issue. Capt. Zaharie Ahmad Shah was a hero struggling with an impossible situation trying to get that plane to Langkawi. There is no doubt in my mind. That’s the reason for the turn and direct route. A hijacking would not have made that deliberate left turn with a direct heading for Langkawi. It probably would have weaved around a bit until the hijackers decided where they were taking it.

Surprisingly, none of the reporters, officials, or other pilots interviewed have looked at this from the pilot’s viewpoint: If something went wrong, where would he go? Thanks to Google Earth I spotted Langkawi in about 30 seconds, zoomed in and saw how long the runway was and I just instinctively knew this pilot knew this airport. He had probably flown there many times.

Fire in an aircraft demands one thing: Get the machine on the ground as soon as possible. There are two well-remembered experiences in my memory. The AirCanada DC9 which landed, I believe, in Columbus, Ohio in the 1980s. That pilot delayed descent and bypassed several airports. He didn’t instinctively know the closest airports. He got it on the ground eventually, but lost 30-odd souls. The 1998 crash of Swissair DC-10 off Nova Scotia was another example of heroic pilots. They were 15 minutes out of Halifax but the fire overcame them and they had to ditch in the ocean. They simply ran out of time. That fire incidentally started when the aircraft was about an hour out of Kennedy. Guess what? The transponders and communications were shut off as they pulled the busses.

Get on Google Earth and type in Pulau Langkawi and then look at it in relation to the radar track heading. Two plus two equals four. For me, that is the simple explanation why it turned and headed in that direction. Smart pilot. He just didn’t have the time.

Chris Goodfellow has 20 years experience as a Canadian Class-1 instrumented-rated pilot for multi-engine planes. His theory on what happened to MH370 first appeared on Google+. We’ve copyedited it with his permission.

1CORRECTION 9:40 a.m. Eastern 03/18/14: An editing error introduced a typo in Capt. Zaharie Ahmad Shah’s name.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Herbert For This Useful Post:

Altaira (19th March 2014), Highland1 (19th March 2014), KosmicKat (19th March 2014), Susan (18th March 2014)