Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a thread just for 432hz music

Fred Steeves
    Speaking of ancestors, I wonder what hz the "Ghost Dance" was based upon?

Last edited by Fred Steeves, 1st March 2014 at 20:55.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

modwiz (1st March 2014), ronin (1st March 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,116 Times in 3,777 Posts
    how about a little floyd in 432hz?

I feel like I've enrolled in an alternative learning center.
    I like it.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

modwiz (1st March 2014), ronin (1st March 2014), Sooz (2nd March 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Speaking of ancestors, I wonder what hz the "Ghost Dance" was based upon?

Not too much music to go on here , but the drums and singing seemed to be in in fundamental "B". This 'B' note is tuned in relation to 'A' 432.

Traditional tunings of flutes and Tibetan bowls all work with notes based on a scale where 'A' is 432, or 864, or 216, or 108, 54, 27. Even if flutes or bowls are a little off this mark, it would be lack of precision and not arbitrary tuning, IMO.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

jimmer (5th March 2014), ronin (5th March 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,684 Times in 1,382 Posts
    I was hoping this thread would become of an educational resource with more information about why 432 is in some way harmonious with nature in a way that 440 is not.

I've never understood why.

I've always been more interested in the relationship between notes of an instrument than in a definitive concert pitch rule. I'm wide open and willing to learn and try to even work with anyone who can shine the light on all this for me.

I know I get a special feeling from modal tuning. It led me to spend a lot of time using DADGAD tuned modally for my guitar. First as a D tuning, then later I dropped it to C, but all the time sticking with the 440 standard.

Can we clearly discriminate between the feeling of a generally lower tuning and the feeling of 432 tuning specifically?

The music making thread here ran aground for me when the Ukraine thing got serious and also because it dawned on me that this 432 = A thing is a big issue to sort out before much else can happen.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Useful Post:

jimmer (5th March 2014), modwiz (6th March 2014)

Thanks
    Norman, I had a short but informative video on 432 in the tent thread.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY74AFQl2qQ

There is really a lot of information on the web. It is where I got my information. I don't know how to make a good argument for it because its acceptance is not such a left brained kind of thing. I like the logic a lot, I like the sound even better.
    Last edited by modwiz, 6th March 2014 at 00:00.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

norman (6th March 2014)

Thanks
    I just watched the video for the third time. It is well done, develops the point well without stretching it too thin. The connections that develop with geometry and other sacred systems show a rhyme and reason, an organic matrix that is only revealed within this overall grid. When music references its tuning based on this grid, it is in harmony with the structure of our physical world and bodies. When we reference 440 we take our music out of the organic matrix.

I hope that is helpful, if you haven't watched the excellent video above. I did not mean to ignore your OP but, with the video up in two places and my disdain for typing, you got forgotten.

Twas an oversight.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

norman (6th March 2014)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by norman View Post
    I was hoping this thread would become of an educational resource with more information about why 432 is in some way harmonious with nature in a way that 440 is not.

I've never understood why.

I've always been more interested in the relationship between notes of an instrument than in a definitive concert pitch rule. I'm wide open and willing to learn and try to even work with anyone who can shine the light on all this for me.

I know I get a special feeling from modal tuning. It led me to spend a lot of time using DADGAD tuned modally for my guitar. First as a D tuning, then later I dropped it to C, but all the time sticking with the 440 standard.

Can we clearly discriminate between the feeling of a generally lower tuning and the feeling of 432 tuning specifically?

The music making thread here ran aground for me when the Ukraine thing got serious and also because it dawned on me that this 432 = A thing is a big issue to sort out before much else can happen.

This may explain it a bit.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mars Planitia For This Useful Post:

modwiz (6th March 2014), norman (6th March 2014)

Thanks
    And Check this out, you can actually feel the difference of sound just by changing the frequency.

Last edited by Mars Planitia, 6th March 2014 at 14:21.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mars Planitia For This Useful Post:

modwiz (6th March 2014)

Thanks
    One of my favorites,,,,, Native flute played in 432Hz......Enjoy My Kolas (Friends in Native tongue)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mars Planitia For This Useful Post:

modwiz (6th March 2014)