Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The TOT Music Creation Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by PurpleLama View Post
    Ah, Mod, the thought that this thread should be private stemmed from the idea that the public should be apprised only of the finished pieces, with all the hemming and hawing going on behind the scenes. I for one might be more inclined to share verses, should I be inspired to contribute, if the sharing were done away from the google searchable eye. That being said, I would not deride a consensus should it say otherwise, or the OP or anyone else for that matter.
    Then perhaps another members only thread for just that purpose. Another opportunity to self manage. For us members they will both be visible and easy to negotiate. As unpretty as hemming and hawing can get, it can still be useful to spotlight the dysfunctions that can make challenging tasks harder and easy ones more challenging. That is just me trying to move humanity forward by coming to terms with our dysfunctions. Nothing like a spotlight for some serious 'aha' moments.

However, we don't want members withholding because of whatever reason so, I would like to suggest a parallel members only thread with members being mindful that we have a forum to support with our content/posts and use the members only thread for reasons of privacy/discretion.

I am aware of the issue of quantity not being quality but, there is a point where it does matter. If one is hungry, they may choose a big mac over a tablespoon of organic peas. In such a case, quantity trumps quality. Humble little TOT could use some quantity. The quality is not in question.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (26th February 2014), BabaRa (26th February 2014), Calabash (5th March 2014), Curt (26th February 2014), Frances (26th February 2014), Highland1 (26th February 2014), Moonlight (1st March 2014), PurpleLama (27th February 2014), Seikou-Kishi (26th February 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Given that no members have been to this thread in over an hour, I am glad at least some visitors can view it.

Make that two hours. Or else, no one liked my posts.
    Last edited by modwiz, 26th February 2014 at 00:50.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (26th February 2014), BabaRa (26th February 2014), Calabash (5th March 2014), Curt (26th February 2014), Frances (26th February 2014), Highland1 (26th February 2014), Moonlight (1st March 2014), sandy (26th February 2014), Seikou-Kishi (26th February 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,564 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    If we had a forum with a lot of posters and content, then the one of the most popular threads here going unseen would be of little note. However, TOT has a modest membership Some members rarely post or post quick replies. Little content, for the forum, develops from that.

One of the reasons for coming out of my shell and opening a maintained thread was to create a happening here at TOT. Something for visitors to read and enjoy, hopefully. Something that would make them want to join and participate.

Lastly there is something important going on here, IMO. That is a demonstration of taking ideas to reality. How well does a project develop without management. Will management be necessary? How much cohesion develops 'organically'?

Any project is a microcosm of project Humanity. All things learned are applicable.

This is an experiment, about us, our ideas and our ability to self manage. All part of true sovereignty.

So, between wanting TOT to have content for visitors, there is also the social experiment aspect of it that needs eyes or it is not a 'social' experiment but, a semi-private one. Ideas can be done by PM for those who want less eyes. It protects their privacy while protecting our out-reaching forum platform.

Hope that is helpful.
    I think you more than anybody have brought people in lately. There are a handful of new members who bring real contribution and fresh and profound insight and, as far as I can see, they've all been brought in for the chance to engage with you in Rhosgobel.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

1inMany (26th February 2014), BabaRa (26th February 2014), Calabash (26th February 2014), Curt (26th February 2014), Frances (26th February 2014), Highland1 (26th February 2014), modwiz (26th February 2014), Moonlight (1st March 2014)

Fred Steeves
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    and use the members only thread for reasons of privacy/discretion.
    So long as copy/paste and screen shots are kept in mind.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

1inMany (26th February 2014), BabaRa (26th February 2014), Calabash (26th February 2014), Curt (26th February 2014), Frances (26th February 2014), Highland1 (26th February 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,470 Times in 981 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by ronin View Post

I was sitting on the corner
    Just a wasting my time
    When a girl came up to me and asked me for a dime.
    I said “girl i ain,t got a dime”
    But i do have the time to make some sweet music

Sweet music,sweet sweet music.

She gave me a smile
    A light in her eye
    My luck was in that i knew
    She gave me that look
    And her hand i took.

Our passion burned it was hot with love,
    The heat off me would not recede,
    All night long we breathed together.
    Wishing this night would last forever.

She loved me as no woman has.
    Bringing tears of love and joy.
    Knowing me in every way.
    Making me the man i am today.

I was sitting on the corner just a wasting my time.
    Looking at the body.
    That i could not believe was mine.

I did,nt have a dime
    But she came for me,
    To take me home,
    With a smile on her face and a light in her eye.

Together we fly.

To make sweet music,sweet sweet music.
    Although several members have contributed some interesting and even humourous lyrics so far, I think this contribution from Ronin is the most workable simply because within the words there is rhyme and therefore timing and beat?
    I would like to motion that we try write some melody and beat to these lyrics as serious effort has gone into writing them in the first place.
    Besides, modz, norman and myself, are there any other members here who have access to music recording software?
    It may be that no one else has and therefore find themselves not being able to demonstrate and put forward their musical ideas?
    For those without music recording software, most mobile phones record sound and video. So why not just sing or hum a melody and post it on the forum?
    That may sound daunting and even intimidating given some of the experienced musicians already here but its actually a simple idea that we can collectively work with.
    some of the greatest songs ever written have been scribbled on pieces of paper in a matter of minutes, and they have been born from simple creative imagination.
    There is more creative imagination in this forum that pretty much anywhere else imo, so how about it folks?
    Any melodies for Ronins words anyone?

Russ

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Highland1 For This Useful Post:

1inMany (26th February 2014), BabaRa (26th February 2014), Calabash (26th February 2014), Curt (26th February 2014), Frances (26th February 2014), modwiz (26th February 2014), Moonlight (1st March 2014), ronin (27th February 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,684 Times in 1,382 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Highland1 View Post

the public seem to accept war and the bombing of the enemy ( innocent woman and children) and yet making love in public would be deemed as obscene....

I don't think I was quite understood. It's not about obscenity. We choose our intimacies, and those intimacies are how these things get done.

I know no one here is suggesting the state claims our kids and brings them up, but the dynamic contrast is relevant here, I think.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Useful Post:

1inMany (26th February 2014), BabaRa (26th February 2014), Calabash (26th February 2014), Highland1 (26th February 2014), modwiz (26th February 2014), Moonlight (1st March 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Hello again lovely people.

Thanks to Malcolm, I am attempting to use the zippylink website he provided us to upload an mp3 direct from my home pc through the zippylink server to our forum to see if it works.

http://www45.zippyshare.com/v/30078390/file.html

Please let me know if indeed it does?

For those of you wondering what this tune is, it started of as a melody in my head and at the time I was unsure whether it was original or not.

After many people had a listen it then came to light that the intro riff is a modern rocked up version of The Shadows Man Of Mystery. ( darn it!)

I guess it must have been buried in my subconscious from my childhood years and suddenly appeared when I was looking to write a new song.

The rest of the song to the best of my knowledge is original, and I just let it evolve from the guitar intro into a vocal part, bridge and then guitar solo part.

I was unsuccessful trying to find a vocalist to sing over the vocal part so I rather self indulgently just ripped some unnecessary guitar solos over instead, because it felt good at the time.
    In my defence, the guitar solos were done in one take so its warts and all with a few wee bloopers which will be noticed by those with critical hearing...lol

This is a much heavier sort of music from my previous offerings but to be fair it is the style that I am most at ease with as I am an active rock guitarist anyway.

Having said that folks, I am not bias musically and have some tribal type dance rhythms with a rock guitar rhythm overlay should anyone want to hear them.

Hope you enjoy!

Russ

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Highland1 For This Useful Post:

modwiz (27th February 2014), Moonlight (1st March 2014), norman (27th February 2014), The One (27th February 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 48,695 Times in 10,223 Posts
    Hi russ

It does work great guitar also the mp3 tags should now work
    No one person can ever change the truth, but the truth, once learned, can and will change the person

You must be the change you wish to see in the world when you are through changing, you are through

theonetruth forum status theonetruth facebook

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The One For This Useful Post:

Highland1 (27th February 2014), Moonlight (1st March 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thank you Malc I appreciate your comments.

Where are the mp3 tags please mate?

Russ

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Highland1 For This Useful Post:

modwiz (27th February 2014), Moonlight (1st March 2014), The One (27th February 2014)

Thanks
    When you start a new thread you will now see this additional image

Or if you just want to reply to my post russ click go advance and you will see the icon.Click that icon then put your mp3 link between them

Remember it will have to be a valid mp3 to work

cheers
    No one person can ever change the truth, but the truth, once learned, can and will change the person

You must be the change you wish to see in the world when you are through changing, you are through

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The One For This Useful Post:

Highland1 (27th February 2014), Moonlight (1st March 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Wonderful, thanks mate!

Russ

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Highland1 For This Useful Post:

Calabash (27th February 2014), Moonlight (1st March 2014)

Retired Member Haiti
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,813 Times in 895 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Malc View Post
    When you start a new thread you will now see this additional image

Or if you just want to reply to my post russ click go advance and you will see the icon.Click that icon then put your mp3 link between them

Remember it will have to be a valid mp3 to work

cheers
    You are so clever Malc - I wonder whether you do home visits as I have a list . . . . . ?

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calabash For This Useful Post:

Highland1 (27th February 2014), Moonlight (1st March 2014), The One (27th February 2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Calabash View Post
    You are so clever Malc - I wonder whether you do home visits as I have a list . . . . . ?
    Well thank you for your kind comments, now if only the wife agreed with me being so clever lol

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The One For This Useful Post:

Calabash (27th February 2014), Highland1 (27th February 2014), Moonlight (1st March 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,684 Times in 1,382 Posts
    I've joined up at zippyshare too

Here's me playing "Twang" all over the chorus of David Gray's 'Babylon', back in the days when I used to actually practice guitar and could pull it off pretty convincingly.

MYJAM_041_(babylon chorus).mp3

... err..... still can't get the player to work with the file. Click the link above.
    Last edited by norman, 1st March 2014 at 01:39.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Useful Post:

Calabash (5th March 2014), Moonlight (1st March 2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by norman View Post
    I've joined up at zippyshare too

Here's me playing "Twang" all over the chorus of David Gray's 'Babylon', back in the days when I used to actually practice guitar and could pull it off pretty convincingly.

MYJAM_041_(babylon chorus).mp3

... err..... still can't get the player to work with the file. Click the link above.
    Its got to be a valid mp3 link or it wont work

Zippyshare is good as it does not use our server lol but it does not give you a direct mp3 link once you upload it.At least you can post direct on tot

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The One For This Useful Post:

Calabash (5th March 2014), Highland1 (27th February 2014), Moonlight (1st March 2014)