Thread: Ron Paul vs The View

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,070 Times in 1,329 Posts

Ron Paul vs The View

Old one prior to the 2012 prez election ... and why I posted it as off-topic.

What a refreshing guy ... so honest ... able to deal with being surrounded with people trying to take him to task on so many issues.

Why wasn't he elected???

Actually he was ... but that is another story.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Useful Post:

modwiz (21st February 2014), Seikou-Kishi (21st February 2014), Sooz (21st February 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,070 Times in 1,329 Posts
    Ron Paul, despite leaving office, has continued to be the voice for the people (even though most are asleep and could care less as long as the game is on with some cold beer ... or dancing with the stars.

He is one of the very few out there putting the truth on the line ...

How very sad his (my) country has fallen so completely to inside treason ... planned and spelled out for so very many years.

Will post this one last time in tribute for what he has and continues to do against all odds ...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Useful Post:

modwiz (21st February 2014), Seikou-Kishi (21st February 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    The Matrix is very appropriate, IMO. Just as Morpheus said, the people are the Matrix and they will defend it, even kill, defending it.

The View, is a view of the Matrix and it comes via the tube people have to pull out of their nervous system. TV.

(Pods, indeed.)
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Calz (21st February 2014), Seikou-Kishi (21st February 2014), Wolf Khan (21st February 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    The Matrix is very appropriate, IMO. Just as Morpheus said, the people are the Matrix and they will defend it, even kill, defending it.

The View, is a view of the Matrix and it comes via the tube people have to pull out of their nervous system. TV.

(Pods, indeed.)
    Ah, but what if it is not just TV, but anything with a screen.

Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Calz (6th March 2014), modwiz (5th March 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,463 Times in 294 Posts
    Right you are, PL

Ah, but what if it is not just TV, but anything with a screen.
    The most disgusting experience I had last year was observing how family relationships have been destroyed by the fooking dumb phones and people are completely oblivious to this.

My recently divorced friend's sister and her husband were visiting her from overseas with their two teenage children; a boy and girl. My friend asked me if I would show them a video I made years ago that I shared with her a while back.

I decided to invite all 5 of them for dinner and use the video for entertainment and conversation after desert.

Needless to say, all 5 of their damn phones went off intermittently in the dining room. Later in the living room, each one of them engaged their fingers flicking their stupid toys while I showed the video.

It was impossible for me to have a conversation or to enjoy the evening and it was impossible for any of them to have a conversation with each other. They were blind to recognize this. It was "situation normal".

When traveling, I have had a strict rule that anyone wishing to ride with me remove their phone battery or stay the hell home.

It never occurred to me that I should now apply the same rule to anyone I invite as a guest in my house until after that night.

People are truly unaware their mind has turned to mush from their chronic use electromagnetic toys.

What good will it do to have people "wake up" when they fail to recognize their bad manners, ungraciousness, - or cheek?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparky For This Useful Post:

Calz (8th March 2014)