Thread: Opsie newsreader makes a boo boo

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,405 Times in 3,015 Posts

Opsie newsreader makes a boo boo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...took-IPAD.html

Simon McCoy shows off the latest must-have gadget for BBC newsreaders: a stack of photocopier paper that he mistook for an IPAD
    The 51-year-old presenter was doing a piece to camera on 'drunk tanks'
    The BBC later said that he had picked up the paper roll by mistake
    He has previously been seen briefly resting his head on the desk

Tablet computers and iPads have become something of a regular prop held by newsreaders and television presenters while they talk to camera.
    But BBC News presenter Simon McCoy left viewers baffled when he introduced a feature about 'drunk tanks' by holding something slightly less technical.
    The 51-year-old broadcaster had intended to pick up his trusted iPad when the cameras prepared to roll in the BBC studios - but instead grabbed a pack of photocopier paper.

A spokeswoman for BBC News explained: 'This morning as Simon McCoy was preparing to introduce this story, instead of picking up his tablet to hold as he went to air, he mistakenly picked up a ream of paper that was sitting next to it.
    'In the rush of live news, he didn’t have an opportunity to swap the items, so simply went with it.'
    In the past the presenter has been seen briefly resting his head on the desk when cameras cut to him.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2fFgqmzyi
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tribe For This Useful Post:

Altaira (18th September 2013), Calabash (19th September 2013), Cearna (19th September 2013), dianna (19th September 2013), Frances (18th September 2013), Melidae (20th September 2013), Sooz (20th September 2013), Spiral (18th September 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,564 Times in 1,218 Posts
    It just goes to show how much is for show.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

Altaira (20th September 2013), Cearna (20th September 2013), Melidae (20th September 2013), Tribe (20th September 2013)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,398 Times in 3,150 Posts
    I must admit to a strange moment this morning. I would never share except here on TOT.

I get my normal morning paper on my iPad now, right?

Well, this morning, I opened my morning paper on the iPad, on my back porch outside. Set it up and went to get my morning coffee.

Then I looked around for my usual brick of wood to keep the paper from flying away in the wind! Yep, true story! A complete retard I am.

Old habits die hard, LOL, LOL, LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Sooz

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Altaira (20th September 2013), Cearna (20th September 2013), Melidae (20th September 2013)