Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum 2000

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,534 Times in 500 Posts
    A truly inspiring thread, thank you Agape.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

777 (18th September 2013), Agape (18th September 2013), Altaira (19th September 2013), Calabash (19th September 2013), Cearna (19th September 2013), Melidae (19th September 2013), Spiral (19th September 2013), Zebowho (19th September 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 178 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Catsquotl View Post
    I am not saying the Dalai Lama is corrupting the teachings.. That is not what I meant.
    Like I said from what I have seen I believe he is sincere in they way he practises what he teaches..

With Love
    Eelco
    Neither I said you'd mean so Eelco

I remember one very beautiful old teacher I met in Rishikesh , India, locals used to call him 'crazy pundit' . He had some age, they said he was formerly very learned pundit and school teacher but then he put on beggars cloth and started to say 'strange things' .
    He used to sit at walking road side near Ramjhula and collect little coins from people, never more than that, sometimes was heard shouting and swearing out of control He made little puppets from bread dough and shape them like various political figures, and show them to people, i remember one favourite piece of his was Narasimha Rao who was Indian PM for many years, and he'd take that little chapati puppet , colored with water colors, move his head around and say 'Narasimha Rao' and laugh .

Few times he delivered his simple 'alphabet lesson' to people who came to seek some sort of advice from him, that consisted of him writing the whole English alphabet in single letter ( without any spaces between letters from A to Z ) , then said it's important to 'dot the I' and made large circle around the dot and cross the T. So those were the two archetypal things to remember,
    then asked his 'student' to do the same , till they're good at it.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Useful Post:

Altaira (19th September 2013), Cearna (19th September 2013), Moonlight (21st September 2013), Spiral (19th September 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LRATtyFcsQ

In India there is old tradition of ancient gurus, and spiritual teacher is considered more noble than your papa mama , kinder than God himself since Gods can only teach you in Divine ways but if you have a good luck and meet your own guru in this life, he can teach you in human ways .

Whoever teaches you a lesson in this life, has to assume responsibility for giving you those lessons so teaching people can be costly if you don't know what you do

It's also said that even a good teacher can make the mistake to teach wrong disciple at wrong place and then they both go to hell ..

while somewhere in the Heart of Himalayas , the Time stands Still

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Useful Post:

Altaira (19th September 2013), Cearna (19th September 2013), Melidae (19th September 2013), Moonlight (21st September 2013), Spiral (19th September 2013), Zebowho (19th September 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PphfAWzIiaQ

Butler School (Washington DC) pre-K students singing Nepali Anthem (2008)

Love this :unity:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uau_LwIewKU

In Bhutan ..the same old system is still fairing pretty well considering . People always complain ..no matter how much good you try to do, some people will always complain. That's also likely to remain human lesson for long yet ..
    Last edited by Agape, 19th September 2013 at 00:15.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Useful Post:

777 (19th September 2013), Altaira (19th September 2013), Cearna (19th September 2013), Melidae (19th September 2013), Moonlight (21st September 2013), Spiral (19th September 2013)

Eelco
    Quote Originally posted by Agape View Post

In India there is old tradition of ancient gurus, and spiritual teacher is considered more noble than your papa mama , kinder than God himself since Gods can only teach you in Divine ways but if you have a good luck and meet your own guru in this life, he can teach you in human ways .

Whoever teaches you a lesson in this life, has to assume responsibility for giving you those lessons so teaching people can be costly if you don't know what you do
    It's also said that even a good teacher can make the mistake to teach wrong disciple at wrong place and then they both go to hell ..

while somewhere in the Heart of Himalayas , the Time stands Still
    So for everyone looking for a teacher.. Or aspire being one....
    Take note of the phrases in bold..
    And try with all the power of your instincts, discernment and common sense to make a good decision.

That said there was and maybe still is the idea that even fallen for a false prophet or devotee of a not so high Guru will be a learning experience also.
    You know whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger?

From that I saw people go from teacher to teacher to teacher. giving their all for a few years and go to the next.
    I am no longer sure that it made those people stronger or even provided them with valuable lessons.

With Love
    Eelco

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eelco For This Useful Post:

777 (19th September 2013), Agape (19th September 2013), Altaira (19th September 2013), Cearna (19th September 2013), Moonlight (21st September 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Exactly Eelco .

The distance between here and our True home in the Stars ..

Ai'nt it all useless ?

Will people ever understand what I'm trying to explain, no matter their language , we speaking of code words and intelligence , not of well polished narratives , prepared speeches , is all that happened of any use or is it just Ages old secret to be Kept, are we , or some of us lets say, being sacrificed to the secret , what secret , can anyone hear me .

You can't or can you...

Don't mind me talking to myself . Been closed alone here for long enough . Good morning Houston

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Useful Post:

777 (19th September 2013), Altaira (19th September 2013), Calabash (19th September 2013), Moonlight (21st September 2013)

Eelco
    Just the faintest of sounds.
    slowly rising through the mists...
    Getting louder..
    shhhh my loudest of mind, be still and listen.

With Love
    Eelco

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eelco For This Useful Post:

777 (19th September 2013), Agape (19th September 2013), Altaira (19th September 2013), Moonlight (21st September 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Very beautiful

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Useful Post:

Moonlight (21st September 2013)

Eelco
    Thank you. Inspired by you...

And an incentive to me to finaly watch your video series...
    Hoping to hear you.

With Love
    Eelco

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Eelco For This Useful Post:

Moonlight (21st September 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I'm taking extreme risks . You watch .

We are all in that together .

Muchos Gracias

:unity::welcome:

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Useful Post:

Altaira (19th September 2013), Moonlight (21st September 2013)

Retired Member Haiti
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,813 Times in 895 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Agape View Post
    Exactly Eelco .

Will people ever understand what I'm trying to explain, no matter their language , we speaking of code words and intelligence , not of well polished narratives , prepared speeches , is all that happened of any use or is it just Ages old secret to be Kept, are we , or some of us lets say, being sacrificed to the secret , what secret , can anyone hear me .

You can't or can you...

Tao says that "Every man must find his own Truth", so I guess the explanation to the secret must lie within. So don't try and explain Agape - just tell us the answer! Of course, I'm joking . . . . aren't I? No, not really. But I don't think it can be told, only lived and learned. Bummer!

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Calabash For This Useful Post:

777 (19th September 2013), Agape (19th September 2013), Altaira (19th September 2013), Moonlight (21st September 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 48,695 Times in 10,223 Posts
    The Great Bell Chant (The End of Suffering)

The creators of this audio track were Gary Malkin, the composer/arranger, producer, and collaborator Michael Stillwater. The work came from a CD/book called Graceful Passages: A Companion for Living and Dying,

You can download the audio here
    MP3 Download: http://www.wkup.org/images/audio/tha...tbellchant.mp3
    If you want to download the video, you can do this by clicking the link that says; "download this video", right below the "About this video" menu, on the right of this page.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The One For This Useful Post:

777 (19th September 2013), Agape (19th September 2013), Altaira (19th September 2013), Calabash (19th September 2013), Moonlight (21st September 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Of all the world of phenomena yes in fact we've invented names for few and there is a universe of unnamed, unknown , yet to be confirmed, yet to be understood, infinite space or indefinite possibilities in between and beyond ..so Peace is very important,
    if not the most important to maintain,
    to maintain the course when Starship earth rediscovers its light speed is not easy .

Thank you Malcolm ..

:unity:

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Useful Post:

777 (19th September 2013), Altaira (19th September 2013), Calabash (19th September 2013), Moonlight (21st September 2013)

Eelco
    Wow Agape,

I am so sorry... Your story fills me with Joy, sadness and some hope.
    What can I say. I've listened to the first 2 parts of bases 16 and skimmed the final version of the bodhgaya event pdf..
    I am filling up with question after question, but remembered you came to TOT for just that reason.. However I am unsure if you want to recreate a Q and A thread again..

When you say you don't know how long you''ll be here. Does that mean you are about to go to sleep again? or do you have some time left..
    Also my main ideas/questions are dealing with your buddhist studies, how the insights from before the event have changed after the event..

Like the emphasis by the Buddha on the 5 aggregates.
    When you said the ET's that crashed had their mind/body or soul/body united. What does that mean in terms of the 4 noble truths?
    Did you ever tell and ask HH the Dalailama about the event? How did he respond?

Do you still meditate..?

I started a thread the other day on the question what is soul.
    Hmmmm. Breathe...

Take your time.

With Love
    Eelco

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eelco For This Useful Post:

Agape (20th September 2013), Calabash (19th September 2013), Moonlight (21st September 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Catsquotl View Post
    Wow Agape,

I am so sorry... Your story fills me with Joy, sadness and some hope.
    What can I say. I've listened to the first 2 parts of bases 16 and skimmed the final version of the bodhgaya event pdf..
    I am filling up with question after question, but remembered you came to TOT for just that reason.. However I am unsure if you want to recreate a Q and A thread again..

When you say you don't know how long you''ll be here. Does that mean you are about to go to sleep again? or do you have some time left..
    Also my main ideas/questions are dealing with your buddhist studies, how the insights from before the event have changed after the event..

Like the emphasis by the Buddha on the 5 aggregates.
    When you said the ET's that crashed had their mind/body or soul/body united. What does that mean in terms of the 4 noble truths?
    Did you ever tell and ask HH the Dalailama about the event? How did he respond?

Do you still meditate..?

I started a thread the other day on the question what is soul.
    Hmmmm. Breathe...

Take your time.

With Love
    Eelco

Wow dear Eelco , thank you for your words of empathy and insight . Wish I could explain about all , about it for those who are asking those Big Questions about Life , wish there was a way to show that reality directly ..

though not impossible, those occurrences are rare ..

I think ..that it depends precisely on nature of ones aspirations and what they sometimes , called predestination that determines how deep each of us want to go to the nature of the truth/reality, Buddha used the term 'Tad'Ya'Tha' , Suchness . That-what-Is , commonly accepted as the Reality, which does not negate existence of other realities .

Our minds live in dream a lot, most of this current, standing humanity ..is still willingly or unwillingly in state of slumber , like baby dreaming of better world to come .. some of its dreams are inspiring and enlightening, some are like nightmares ..

But then there's sense of Reality we have to meet , on all levels, the simple everyday level, and also the broader, extra-ordinary level of advanced reality .

I don't think that I can exactly attempt to 'plant' the explanation on any particular teaching source ,

it's expanding and explaining them all though.

I'm myself feeling a bit overwhelmed ..allowing the expansion of consciousness wash the human realm of pre-taught convictions and mind loops . And I'm always so happy to meet those who want to know .

Your last question .. no , I do not meditate a lot nowadays unless all I do is form of meditation, I never understood it otherwise ... but it takes me ages to care for my everyday chores nowadays , I probably do meditate in between things but the time is evading me ..

If there are more people wishing to ask questions from me we may also arrange group Skype chat, just for who is interested .

I will get back to here, need to find out what's up with the Forum link.

Lots of Love :unity:

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Useful Post:

Calabash (20th September 2013), Moonlight (21st September 2013), Sooz (20th September 2013)