Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toothache......advice greatly appreciated!

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,470 Times in 981 Posts
    Wow, aint Sooz a cracker and what a beautiful smile too!
    I really appreciate all support guys and Sooz, I will definitely check that website out later today thank you.

Russ

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Highland1 For This Useful Post:

Calabash (7th February 2014), Calz (7th February 2014), Cearna (7th February 2014), Frances (7th February 2014), Melidae (7th February 2014), Sooz (7th February 2014), Woody (7th February 2014)

Eelco
    http://lifetechz.blogspot.nl/2013/03...toothache.html

With love
    Eelco

The link on top has several herbal remedy suggestions. like ginger, tumeric.
    with advise on preperation and application.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Eelco For This Useful Post:

Calabash (7th February 2014), Calz (7th February 2014), Cearna (7th February 2014), Frances (7th February 2014), Highland1 (7th February 2014), Melidae (7th February 2014), Sooz (7th February 2014), Woody (7th February 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,402 Times in 1,356 Posts
    If clove oil didn't work you might want to try clove powder mixed with coconut oil and rubbed around the affected place. For the antibacterial treatment you can take internally olive leaf powder, my dose is 2-3 tsp a day mixed with honey or 4 capsules depending how big they are. You should also consider what type of clove oil you used. I mean the grade or if its an infusion the concentration, if they are not strong enough it wont help. The thing with herbs is that if it doesn't help you try and increase the concentration if its safe of course. For the pain apart from what you've done so far I would use 1 tsp turmeric powder mixed with honey ( no more than twice a day). After two hours a tsp of cinnamon, but the real one (Ceylon Cinnamon has between 2-5 ppm of coumarin compared to Cassia (2000-5000 ppm) and again mixed with honey, and if this doesn't help jamaican dogwood its a powerful painkiller. A good accelerator for herbs is cayenne pepper so every time you take herbal remedies its a good thing to add a pinch of cayenne pepper. I know I've listed a lot of stuff here but I hope you have at least some of them at home to start with. The olive leaf powder is very powerful antibiotic and would help within a day or two so its a good one and I use it all the time for colds or infections. At the end also you might want to drink freshly grated ginger 1 tsp in a cup of hot water steeped and leave it to stay at the bottom of the cup, drink this tea every few hours to keep you topped up, I am almost sure the pain will be eased.

I hope you will get better soon,

Rayna

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Altaira For This Useful Post:

Calabash (7th February 2014), Calz (7th February 2014), Cearna (7th February 2014), Frances (7th February 2014), Highland1 (7th February 2014), Melidae (7th February 2014), Sooz (7th February 2014), Woody (7th February 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I can tell you something that recently worked for me for pain that started late on a Friday night and I was worried sick I wouldn't be able to find a dentist until Monday... I took a guess and rinsed my mouth and teeth for a good 30 seconds in 50/50 water diluted hydrogen peroxide hoping it would seep into and kill any infection. It worked! Pain went away in about 45 minutes and never came back.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TimeLab For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th February 2014), Calabash (7th February 2014), Calz (7th February 2014), Cearna (7th February 2014), Frances (7th February 2014), Highland1 (7th February 2014), Melidae (7th February 2014), Sooz (7th February 2014), Woody (7th February 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,398 Times in 3,150 Posts
    Hi TimeLab,

Yep, hydrogen peroxide is a goody. I use a couple of drops in my wine to get rid of the preservatives that is in wine these days.

And welcome to the forum!

Sorry, back to topic!

Sooz

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Calabash (7th February 2014), Calz (7th February 2014), Cearna (7th February 2014), Frances (7th February 2014), Highland1 (7th February 2014), Melidae (7th February 2014), Woody (7th February 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Well, once again there is a wealth of informational goodies in here for all to see, thank you everyone!

@ Rayna, I dont have all these ingredients at hand but as I have an ever growing organic medicine cabinet I will be adding some of these goodies to my shopping list!

@ TimeLab, I have got some 35% food grade peroxide at hand and so I am going to do that straight away thank you.

@ Cearna, all taken in my dear, the constant pain has made me forget that "all things" are in the mind and so thank you for the reminder!

@ Eelco, because you mentioned turmeric in your herbal remedy suggestions I have a true story to share with regards to how powerful Turmeric is.
    I think I mentioned before the last forum crash that my father in law has prostate cancer and is also a diabetic.
    Well, I had been reading up on how Turmeric ( amongst other herbs) can literally annihilate certain cancers I mentioned it to him when he was visiting one day.
    As he is terrified of the potential outcome of his cancer he asked if I could get him some Turmeric as he had nothing to lose.
    I ordered some Turmeric capsules and gave them to him suggesting two caps a day, everyday with water.
    That was 2 months ago.
    He came round last week with some exciting news......his sugar count for his Diabetes had gone back down to normal.
    As this is a first for him he immediately put it down to the Turmeric capsules and ordered more from me.
    As for the cancer cells we don't know yet as he has not been back to the hospital for his quarterly check but he is hopeful.
    I promise I will keep you posted on this because if it works for him it may work for others.

Back to topic.....now where is that peroxide.

Russ

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Highland1 For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th February 2014), Calabash (7th February 2014), Cearna (9th February 2014), Frances (7th February 2014), Melidae (7th February 2014), Sooz (7th February 2014), Woody (7th February 2014)

Senior Member UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 166 Posts
    Hi Russ,
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but try clove oil, you can get it from most uk chemists. Put a couple of drops on a cotton ball and press onto the effected area. Also make a weak mouthwash with a few drops in sterile water or boiled water thats cooled down. Swill your mouth with it whenever the pain starts to return.
    I had a tooth removed a few months ago and i was in agony after, i remember my nan using this on us grandkids many many years ago when we had tooth ache.

Kind regards,
    Woody

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Woody For This Useful Post:

Calabash (7th February 2014), Cearna (10th February 2014), Frances (7th February 2014), Highland1 (10th February 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Highland1 View Post
    Well, once again there is a wealth of informational goodies in here for all to see, thank you everyone!

@ Rayna, I dont have all these ingredients at hand but as I have an ever growing organic medicine cabinet I will be adding some of these goodies to my shopping list!

@ TimeLab, I have got some 35% food grade peroxide at hand and so I am going to do that straight away thank you.

@ Cearna, all taken in my dear, the constant pain has made me forget that "all things" are in the mind and so thank you for the reminder!

@ Eelco, because you mentioned turmeric in your herbal remedy suggestions I have a true story to share with regards to how powerful Turmeric is.
    I think I mentioned before the last forum crash that my father in law has prostate cancer and is also a diabetic.
    Well, I had been reading up on how Turmeric ( amongst other herbs) can literally annihilate certain cancers I mentioned it to him when he was visiting one day.
    As he is terrified of the potential outcome of his cancer he asked if I could get him some Turmeric as he had nothing to lose.
    I ordered some Turmeric capsules and gave them to him suggesting two caps a day, everyday with water.
    That was 2 months ago.
    He came round last week with some exciting news......his sugar count for his Diabetes had gone back down to normal.
    As this is a first for him he immediately put it down to the Turmeric capsules and ordered more from me.
    As for the cancer cells we don't know yet as he has not been back to the hospital for his quarterly check but he is hopeful.
    I promise I will keep you posted on this because if it works for him it may work for others.

Back to topic.....now where is that peroxide.

Russ
    That is great news Russ. Turmeric is fantastic stuff and not many people know about it.

Having a violent sneezing fit at the moment, don't know where that came from....

perhaps from the flowers from my moraya hedge, atcchoo......

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Altaira (10th February 2014), Calabash (7th February 2014), Cearna (10th February 2014), Frances (7th February 2014), Highland1 (7th February 2014), Melidae (7th February 2014), Woody (7th February 2014)

Retired Member Haiti
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,813 Times in 895 Posts
    Tooth/nerve pain is awful and can drive you insane. Clove oil is good and if mixed with powdered zinc it will make a good temporary filling but nothing is going to get rid of nerve pain. Russ, if you have an abscess in a tooth then the pulp in the root canal will have to be removed or the abscess will come back. Once the nerve in the tooth is dead you won't feel any more pain from it anyway, but your face will have swollen. If it's an upper tooth then the dentist can leave it to drain somewhat but if it's a lower tooth then it will have to be cleaned out properly.

Only a masochist could enjoy time at the dentist but sometimes we just have to bite the bullet (no pun) and get a grip. This is addressed to you too Colleen. . .

Say, is that our Sooz wearing Michael Jackson's hat? What a babe!

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Calabash For This Useful Post:

Altaira (10th February 2014), Cearna (10th February 2014), Frances (7th February 2014), Highland1 (7th February 2014), Melidae (7th February 2014), Woody (7th February 2014)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,600 Times in 1,366 Posts
    Hello Russ, if you are not responding to the penicillin it will be that you need a different antibiotic.
    Today is Friday so I would be pushing for an emergency appointment this afternoon/evening.
    That is so you don't have to wait till Monday if no weekend surgery is open.
    The antibiotic may just not be effective for your particular infection.
    Frances.

Tell them you have not slept for a week and you are in severe pain.
    Start crying down the phone and make them take notice.
    Last edited by Frances, 7th February 2014 at 13:13.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Frances For This Useful Post:

Altaira (10th February 2014), Calabash (7th February 2014), Cearna (10th February 2014), Highland1 (7th February 2014), Melidae (7th February 2014), Woody (7th February 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,106 Times in 484 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Frances View Post
    Hello Russ, if you are not responding to the penicillin it will be that you need a different antibiotic.
    Colloidal silver, at least 30ppm, works better for me than a prescription antibiotic.

There's not much worse than mouth pain...yow! Hope it is relieved soon, Russ.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Melidae For This Useful Post:

Altaira (10th February 2014), Calabash (7th February 2014), Cearna (10th February 2014), Frances (7th February 2014), Highland1 (7th February 2014), Woody (7th February 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Update

Sorry but this is intense and I wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions. I have borrowed some codeine 500mg tabs from a friend and that has been best so far. Clove oil does not work for me and neither did the peroxide I took this morning.
    I do have some ionic colloidial silver I will try swish with tonight.
    I cannot get leave from work so I may well just pull the bugger out myself if there is no change!

Thanks peeps.

Russ

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Highland1 For This Useful Post:

Altaira (10th February 2014), Calabash (7th February 2014), Cearna (10th February 2014), Frances (7th February 2014), Sooz (7th February 2014), Woody (7th February 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    You know what Russ?

Sometimes drugs are good.

Get a script for Panadeine Forte. You will sleep like a baby.

And no pain. Get a script from your doctor.

Pronto.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Altaira (10th February 2014), Calabash (7th February 2014), Cearna (10th February 2014), Frances (7th February 2014), Highland1 (7th February 2014), Woody (10th February 2014)

Retired Member Haiti
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,813 Times in 895 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Highland1 View Post
    Update

Sorry but this is intense and I wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions. I have borrowed some codeine 500mg tabs from a friend and that has been best so far. Clove oil does not work for me and neither did the peroxide I took this morning.
    I do have some ionic colloidial silver I will try swish with tonight.
    I cannot get leave from work so I may well just pull the bugger out myself if there is no change!

Thanks peeps.

Russ
    Let us know how you're doing Russ . . . .

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Calabash For This Useful Post:

Altaira (10th February 2014), Cearna (10th February 2014), Sooz (10th February 2014), Woody (10th February 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Calabash View Post
    Let us know how you're doing Russ . . . .
    Thank you Calabash, I am on day five of taking penicillin and today is the first day that the pain has been a little less intense but I still have the abcess.
    I am back at the dentist on thursday and if the abcess has not gone down I expect it will be an extraction.
    Sooz suggested getting my doc to write out a prescription for more powerful pain killers but getting an appointment here can take up to a week....unless your dying. Terrible aint it!

Roll on thursday!

Russ

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Highland1 For This Useful Post:

Altaira (10th February 2014), Calabash (9th February 2014), Cearna (10th February 2014), modwiz (9th February 2014), Sooz (10th February 2014), Woody (10th February 2014)