Page 358 of 402 FirstFirst ... 258308348355356357358359360361368 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 6018

Thread: Rhosgobel Tent At TOT

Thanks
    Thanked 27,303 Times in 7,219 Posts
    What exactly does feel horrible, Aianawa?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th July 2020), Aragorn (5th July 2020), Dreamtimer (5th July 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    This forum has already been whittled down to practically nothing Wind.
    While I'm at it, I remember the times when you still had it in you to write something constructive and non-confrontational here. You know, back when you seemed to be an actual participant. Debates can be healthy, but from you I've seen almost nothing else than complaints and jabs towards the moderators for the last year or so at least if not for much longer. You sure always like to pinpoint all the things that are negative or bad. Why do you keep coming here if everything we do is wrong, is it some kind of a fun pastime to do that? I suppose other forums are just much more pleasant to you and cater to your specific needs?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th July 2020), Aragorn (5th July 2020), Dreamtimer (5th July 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Don't push your luck, Aianawa. We've been very generous with you. That would apply to a few other members too.
    This forum has already been whittled down to practically nothing Wind. I can understand it with Aianawa, as he's been off the wall and pushing it for a while now, but who else is in danger of being cause for it to be whittled down just a tad further?
    I think it's fairly obvious to anyone who has been reading the discussions here.
    I've been reading the discussions. Maybe I'm pulling a Biden here, but left to my own devices I can only think of modwiz as he is already currently on vacation. You said "a few others", and it's not obvious to me who they might be. Not trying to be a dick or give you a hard time, just asking for cards to be laid on the table if a moderator is going to come out all rock ribbed and say something like that.

I don't think it's an unfair question being that you brought it up in in the first place with that thinly veiled public threat. Who else does this warning apply to? Am I on that list for example?
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th July 2020), Dreamtimer (5th July 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Don't push your luck, Aianawa. We've been very generous with you. That would apply to a few other members too.
    That i am doing something that is deemed lucky to be doing , being myself is ok ?, i am pushing something ?, views beliefs data ?, as it feels horrible to me, is it because you feel something horrible from me ?, Horrible as it feels threatening, if so , what line has or was being crossed ?.

Saying we have been genouress to me, because what ?, Q , data, beliefs, being to compliant lol as it feels like i turn the other cheek, do not leave and react as many have and push back with abuse, anger, pain or hurt ?.

Feels horrible because for me it feels enforcing of, do what the square is or also i like Wind, respect Wind, enjoy Winds shares usually and learn from some of them, at a deep level, so feels hurtful when the energy ( maybe it is whats behind your words n feelings ) by you conveys threat.

I will continue to be best me able, oh i wish to lash out as i detest misuse of power regards beliefs n religions n feelings but Eagles with soft feathers have wisdom of speed and strength of now.

Yes yes is not misuse of power in your eye or mine as the feelings will transmute when ready, i love you beautifullll Soul will suffice for now.

While I'm at it, I remember the times when you still had it in you to write something constructive and non-confrontational here. You know, back when you seemed to be an actual participant. Debates can be healthy, but from you I've seen almost nothing else than complaints and jabs towards the moderators for the last year or so at least if not for much longer. You sure always like to pinpoint all the things that are negative or bad. Why do you keep coming here if everything we do is wrong, is it some kind of a fun pastime to do that? I suppose other forums are just much more pleasant to you and cater to your specific needs?
    Maybe he does what many do, lurk, enjoy new stuff n some old stuff, particapation the way he wishes.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th July 2020), Dreamtimer (5th July 2020), Wind (5th July 2020)

Thanks
    I don't think it's an unfair question being that you brought it up in in the first place with that thinly veiled public threat. Who else does this warning apply to? Am I on that list for example?
    It's not a threat, just a statement that I made and I don't call the shots here either. You don't have to worry about yourself, Fred. There's no list. Mostly it was a statement for Aianawa. He keeps on pushing the limits all the time and also at times he is downright disrespectful even though we provide him with a platform. If it is so necessary to post bs here then it can be found where it belongs. This Trump era has been very tiresome in terms of knowing and finding the truth. People are buying into all kinds of cooky theories and conspiracies meanwhile here we at least try to have a modicum of common sense and a higher standard, as we hold the truth to be a virtue of it's own.

I have no hard feelings towards you Aianawa, I do know that ultimately you mean well.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th July 2020), Aragorn (5th July 2020), Chris (5th July 2020), Dreamtimer (5th July 2020), Lord Sidious (5th July 2020)

Thanks
    Can you unveil the limits i am pushing ?, is it with forum rules i need to look over ?, is language a problem ?, poetry went too far ?, glad your in the clear Fred ( hanging onto the Wall is sooooo hard , better letting go imo ).

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th July 2020), Dreamtimer (5th July 2020), Wind (5th July 2020)

Thanks
    It's not a threat, just a statement that I made and I don't call the shots here either.
    Well man you're a moderator, so you do call the shots around here so far as average members are concerned. You mentioned a few others that were "pushing it" as well, so I'm happy to hear that's not actually the case.

You don't have to worry about yourself, Fred.
    I wasn't worried just wondering.

Socrates

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th July 2020), Aragorn (5th July 2020), Wind (5th July 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Claims of censorship over and over would qualify as pushing the limits. Claiming that you have to be on your knees would be another. Veiled insults, which seem to amuse, also would be included.

Outlander used to post regularly, with crop circles and various other things. I don't know where he went.

Frances is around but hasn't posted in quite some time. I miss the beautiful flowers.

Joanne has eyesight issues and cannot post.

Sooz moved on to other things.

The list goes on.

Most forums are smaller than the old days from what I can tell due to Facebook. And now Instagram. And Twitter. And more.

Forums are pretty old-school.

I've never been a member of Project Avalon. It has changed in the days since I started lurking and has leaned far to the right with stuff that used to be more on 4chan and 8chan. Not my flavor.

Watching a 'woke' community embrace and extol the likes of Trump is pretty mind-blowing. Trying to talk about the reality of his leadership and being accused of bashing him, a poor excuse for not discussing issues, is weak and gets very old.

But apparently there are plenty of folks that enjoy that stuff.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th July 2020), Aragorn (5th July 2020), Chris (5th July 2020), Lord Sidious (6th July 2020), Wind (5th July 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Most forums are smaller than the old days from what I can tell due to Facebook. And now Instagram. And Twitter. And more.
    Unforunately many of those have become toxic echo chambers and it's hard to have any fruitful conversations there. I don't write almost anything on social media as I use the platforms mainly just to follow some things or for contacts. I very much prefer forums over social media. Sadly it would seem that in the recent years even forums have had some unpleasant trends developing too and it tends to kill healthy discussions and debates. I don't think this forum is dead, but it has seen better days like Avalon too.

Watching a 'woke' community embrace and extol the likes of Trump is pretty mind-blowing. Trying to talk about the reality of his leadership and being accused of bashing him, a poor excuse for not discussing issues, is weak and gets very old.
    It's been quite a big wake up call to see that unfold over the past few years. I probably used to have more naive view of communities like that, full of spiritual and "wise" people, yet even those communities succumb to hypnotism and cults. It's very sad and disheartening to see, but perhaps it teaches us something too. Spiritual people have their faults and blind spots too. Then again, Avalon has always been a very conspiracy oriented forum and once you fall into those rabbit holes, it might be hard to get out of them.
    Last edited by Wind, 5th July 2020 at 15:45.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th July 2020), Aragorn (5th July 2020), Chris (5th July 2020), Dreamtimer (5th July 2020), Lord Sidious (6th July 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    I hate social media and don't participate at all. Forums are really more to my liking, because I like to write and participate in discussions, so that gives me an outlet. I also live in a linguistic island within Hungary and I really have to interact with others in English, or I'd go nuts. I really like the fact that you can talk to anyone, anywhere in the world, this way.

I like this forum and the people who regularly post here, it really is a select group of wise and considerate souls. I miss a couple of people from my (brief) project avalon days, but I can manage. I'm probably most active on Spiritual Forums, which deals specifically with spiritual matters and doesn't allow discussions on covid, politics or conspiracies, so I have to share my time between the two, keeping the two areas separate.

It is true though, that this forum is quite heavily moderated, which keeps the number of potential participants down. It's not a complaint, just an observation, that there are certain areas of discussion that are not necessarily welcome here. I'm fine with it though, because excluding or discouraging certain topics (as on Spiritual Forums) keeps the discussion civilised and polite. However, others, especially those heavily influenced by the alt-right and the conspiracy community, may not like it, but I guess there are other forums and outlets for that sort of stuff.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th July 2020), Aragorn (6th July 2020), Dreamtimer (5th July 2020), Elen (6th July 2020), Wind (5th July 2020)

Thanks
    I think I struggled to get out of some rabbit holes. Some are fun to explore, at least for a while.

The truth is a beautiful thing but it can also be boring. It's easier to sell the gold, cryptocurrency and bug-out equipment in an atmosphere of worry, unrest and fear.

Which are the Spiritual forums that you post on, Chris?

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th July 2020), Aragorn (6th July 2020), Elen (6th July 2020), Lord Sidious (6th July 2020), Wind (5th July 2020)

Thanks
    Thankfulllly we win, God wins.

Much joy that Moddy came back, sad as raising the dead is not easy, surprised as lately the 4am narrative of Biden has so easily been over ridden n most everyone see's the what actually is, big lols as the mail in vote n polls narrative colapses also. Sad again as Q will soon be destroyed.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Elen (6th July 2020)

Thanks

But apparently there are plenty of folks that enjoy that stuff.
    It's been quite a big wake up call to see that unfold over the past few years. I probably used to have more naive view of communities like that, full of spiritual and "wise" people, yet even those communities succumb to hypnotism and cults. It's very sad and disheartening to see, but perhaps it teaches us something too. Spiritual people have their faults and blind spots too. Then again, Avalon has always been a very conspiracy oriented forum and once you fall into those rabbit holes, it might be hard to get out of them.
    Hey Wind, here's the thing. This forum is the mirror image of The Project, except the shoe is on the other foot so to speak. Here the echo chamber rabbit hole is that the whole problem is Captain Chaos, over there it's mostly Right Wing answers are the solution, and Trump is the cleaner upper. No middle ground either way, and never the two sides shall venture out into no man's land to shake hands in good faith with the other to discuss, look for areas of common agreement.
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 5th July 2020 at 23:39.

Socrates

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th July 2020), Aragorn (6th July 2020), Dreamtimer (6th July 2020), Elen (6th July 2020), PurpleLama (16th July 2020), Wind (6th July 2020)

Thanks
    Well, I never claimed that Trump is the problem. He is a syptom of far bigger issues, it's just that his cult-like presidency has escalated things into further chaos and madness and also driving the alternative communities into disarray and division. After he is gone and he most probably will be in six months (although I wouldn't bet on that yet), perhaps then people can start to find some middle ground again. I'm not too hopeful about that, but it would be nice to see. Something else is brewing under the surface too so who knows where all of this might lead to.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th July 2020), Aragorn (6th July 2020), Dreamtimer (6th July 2020), Elen (6th July 2020), Lord Sidious (6th July 2020)

Thanks
    Who's the one who titled a thread saying Trump's the problem?

I know that I have given the American people credit for what small amount of flattening the curve we've achieved. Credit to the people, not blame to the leader.

I'm also not going to stop holding our leader responsible for the things a leader is responsible for. Common sense.

Where's the middle ground, Fred? You regularly point to extremes. That's what you harp on. Perhaps you should follow your own advice.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th July 2020), Aragorn (6th July 2020), Elen (6th July 2020), Wind (6th July 2020)