Page 5 of 402 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhosgobel Tent At TOT

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by PurpleLama View Post
    *PurpleLama gingerly enters the tent, takes a seat, and waits for the Brown one to return.*
    Welcome, Purple Lama.

Awakened as Brown, still hold that vibe, but the Blue-Green (aquamarine) of the Thymus is now my affiliation. Will and Love together. Will gets lost in all the kerfuffle of love. Will and love together get loving things done. It also strengthens love's resolve.

You know all this, except maybe the aquamarine part.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th April 2018), BabaRa (23rd January 2014), Cearna (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), Highland1 (4th February 2014), KosmicKat (23rd January 2014), Mark (23rd January 2014), PurpleLama (22nd January 2014), Sooz (23rd January 2014), Spiral (23rd January 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Ah, yes, well aware of the aquamarine affiliation. I think of you often, when observing the various blue green beryl specimens I have about the house.

I trust you are well, my friend, and in a place sheltered from this cold we have been having.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th April 2018), BabaRa (23rd January 2014), Cearna (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), Highland1 (4th February 2014), Mark (23rd January 2014), modwiz (22nd January 2014), Sooz (23rd January 2014), Spiral (23rd January 2014)

Thanks
    Ah, yes, well aware of the aquamarine affiliation. I think of you often, when observing the various blue green beryl specimens I have about the house.

I trust you are well, my friend, and in a place sheltered from this cold we have been having.
    I am well and sitting less than a foot from a very large raw aquamarine given to me by one of the Order. You may know him. I am well sheltered and warm, keeping my personal space somewhere close to 80 degrees F.

Must be my lizard blood.

I had you in my thoughts yesterday in a particular way, as you often enter my thoughts. My particular thought was a desire to visit you. It could be on semi-official TOT ground crew business.

Welcome to TOT. My forum of cyber-exile. I have grown fond of the place. Reminds me of the Shire in some ways. (Ducks to avoid a flung piece of earwax)
    Last edited by modwiz, 22nd January 2014 at 23:19.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th April 2018), BabaRa (23rd January 2014), Cearna (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), Highland1 (4th February 2014), Mark (23rd January 2014), PurpleLama (22nd January 2014), Sooz (23rd January 2014), Spiral (23rd January 2014)

Thanks
    I heard that thought, it seems....

It went on thinking itself until it imagined for me a cabin built on the back of the land designed with wintering wizards in mind.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th April 2018), Cearna (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), Highland1 (4th February 2014), Mark (23rd January 2014), modwiz (22nd January 2014), Spiral (23rd January 2014)

Retired Member Haiti
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,813 Times in 895 Posts
    Ducking now to [I]avoid[I] the earwax . . . . . your current avatar seems to be pulling my eye to it and the hole is getting wider. An illusion I know but a little disconcerting . . .

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Calabash For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th April 2018), Cearna (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), Highland1 (4th February 2014), Mark (23rd January 2014), modwiz (22nd January 2014), Spiral (23rd January 2014)

Thanks
    I heard that thought, it seems....

It went on thinking itself until it imagined for me a cabin built on the back of the land designed with wintering wizards in mind.
    (Big smile) Build it and they will assuredly arrive. I heartily endorse such concepts. Would even like to be a part of their creation.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th April 2018), Cearna (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), Highland1 (4th February 2014), Mark (23rd January 2014), PurpleLama (23rd January 2014), Spiral (23rd January 2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Calabash View Post
    Ducking now to [I]avoid[I] the earwax . . . . . your current avatar seems to be pulling my eye to it and the hole is getting wider. An illusion I know but a little disconcerting . . .
    My new avatar is a cymatic pattern from the 432 hertz 'A' note. It will be a temporary one until I locate my preferred one.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th April 2018), Calabash (22nd January 2014), Cearna (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), Highland1 (4th February 2014), Mark (23rd January 2014), Sooz (23rd January 2014), Spiral (23rd January 2014)

Thanks
    the new avatar looks to me like the oroborus got himself an x-ray....

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th April 2018), Calabash (22nd January 2014), Cearna (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), Highland1 (4th February 2014), Mark (23rd January 2014), modwiz (22nd January 2014), Spiral (23rd January 2014)

Thanks
    With my new avatar, let me offer a proper 'grounded' welcome. Merry Meet, Purple Lama.

Merry Meet to all visitors of the tent.

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th April 2018), Alice44 (25th May 2014), Calabash (22nd January 2014), Cearna (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), Highland1 (4th February 2014), KosmicKat (23rd January 2014), Mark (23rd January 2014), PurpleLama (23rd January 2014), Sooz (23rd January 2014), Spiral (23rd January 2014)

Retired Member Haiti
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,813 Times in 895 Posts
    Hi Purple Lama - are you stopping for a brew and to tarry a while?

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Calabash For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th April 2018), Cearna (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), Highland1 (4th February 2014), Mark (23rd January 2014), modwiz (22nd January 2014), PurpleLama (23rd January 2014), Sooz (23rd January 2014), Spiral (23rd January 2014)

Thanks
    I would enjoy that.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th April 2018), Calabash (23rd January 2014), Cearna (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), Highland1 (4th February 2014), Mark (23rd January 2014), PurpleLama (23rd January 2014), Sooz (23rd January 2014), Spiral (23rd January 2014)

Thanks
    Some warrior wisdom. Useful in times when adversaries have been identified.

know enemy, know yourself: no peril in a hundred battles;
    not know enemy, know yourself: win some, lose some;
    not know enemy, not know yourself: every battle brings defeat

Sun Tzu
    Knowing thyself. Necessary for the desired outcome.

Sun Tzu declared that the best battle plan avoided battle.

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th April 2018), Calabash (23rd January 2014), Cearna (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), Highland1 (4th February 2014), KosmicKat (23rd January 2014), Mark (23rd January 2014), PurpleLama (23rd January 2014), Spiral (23rd January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,463 Times in 294 Posts

Blushing

I like this thread. Haven't had a chance to read all of it. Since it started with James Forrestal and had information from someone who knew him, I'm adding some background. He was dedicated, and had his lunch delivered to his office. It is believed his food was tainted with drugs. Perhaps LSD or some other psychotropic crap unknown at the time to create illusion of mental breakdown. He wanted transparency. The first UFO crash was in the 30's; Missouri. The Atomic Energy Commission, Navy and a big corporation called in to sweep it up. I think it was Bechtel Corp.?? This was a drop in the bucket in comparison to the other things he thought the American people should know.

Harry the Haberdasher Truman was the tool that put in place all the alphabet **** in the sewer that's in our face today. General Patton was another one offed after sending the Haberdasher a partial file that would convict another high ranking officer of treason who later became President. General Patton had an appointment with the Haberdasher bringing the balance of the file with him flying from Germany.

Wall Street Lessons: Dillon Read’s James Forrestal

James Forrestal, President of Dillon Read & Secretary of Navy and Secretary of War (Photo courtesy Wikipedia)
    James Forrestal’s oil portrait always hung prominently in one of the private Dillon Read dining rooms for the eleven years that I worked at the firm. Forrestal, a highly regarded Dillon partner and President of the firm, had gone to Washington, D.C. in 1940 to lead the Navy during WWII and then played a critical role in creating the National Security Act of 1947. He then became Secretary of War (later termed Secretary of Defense) in September 1947 and served until March 28, 1949. Given the central banking-warfare investment model that rules our planet, it was appropriate that Dillon partners at various times lead both the Treasury Department and the Defense Department.

Shortly after resigning from government, Forrestal died falling out of a window of the Bethesda Naval Hospital outside of Washington, D.C. on May 22, 1949. There is some controversy around the official explanation of his death — ruled a suicide. Some insist he had a nervous breakdown. Some say that he was opposed to the creation of the state of Israel. Others say that he argued for transparency and accountability in government, and against the provisions instituted at this time to create a secret “black budget.”[32] He lost and was pretty upset about it — and the loss was a violent one. Since the professional killers who operate inside the Washington beltway have numerous techniques to get perfectly sane people to kill themselves, I am not sure it makes a big difference.

Approximately a month later, the CIA Act of 1949 was passed. The Act created the CIA and endowed it with the statutory authority that became one of the chief components of financing the “black” budget — the power to claw monies from other agencies for the benefit of secretly funding the intelligence communities and their corporate contractors. This was to turn out to be a devastating development for the forces of transparency, without which there can be no rule of law, free markets or democracy.

I studied Forrestal’s oil painting with his solemn stare during many a private lunch — each time reminded that government service was an important duty and honor in the Dillon tradition but it was a dangerous business. Congressional Committees had roughed up Clarence Dillon. Forrestal had died. Douglas Dillon was Secretary of the Treasury when Kennedy was assassinated.

Because I wanted to understand how the world really worked, I listened carefully. Over years of private lunches and dinners and conversations I watched and listened to hundreds of lessons on how to be careful — the tricks of predator evasion in Wall Street and Washington. In the midst of many knowledgeable teachers, Forrestal’s leadership was a guiding light that was to serve me well in the years ahead.
    Wall Street Lessons: The Power of the People

Another thing I learned on Wall Street is the extent to which those who appear to have little material power can have significant power when they organize to do so. My rise to partnership at Dillon Read was fueled by a steady stream of intelligence from loyal secretaries, print shop personnel, drivers and staff whose generosity, street smarts and hard work was a constant reminder that the rise to Wall Street’s board rooms was not necessarily based on performance as opposed to privilege. One of the greatest challenges as an associate at Dillon Read was knowing where to invest our time when multiple partners were pressing us to give priorities to their projects. Hence, a heads up from someone’s secretary that they were trashing me in the year-end reviews was insider intelligence worth its weight in gold. Giving first priority to those who supported us in year-end reviews and compensation could be the difference between failure and success.

Right after I became a partner, I got a call from a personnel department director who was looking for a new secretary for me. The person who called said they were interviewing someone who has been with a Canadian Broadcasting office in New York for seventeen years. This was her first interview since they shut the office down. She was absolutely excellent and if we wanted to recruit her we needed to make her an offer right away. The personnel director said, “The only problem is that she is Jamaican (of African descent), but she is very light skinned.” I was stunned and said something to the effect of “Who cares?” The personnel person said, “If I sent a black person to be interviewed with most of the partners in this firm, I would be fired.” And so I hired Pat Phillips to work for me and was the beneficiary of her extraordinarily overqualified talent until her death twelve years later, by which time she was a Hamilton shareholder and Secretary of our board.

Many years later, after I had started my own investment bank in Washington, D.C., I got a call from a driver at one of the car services that we used to use when I was at Dillon. He said, “Are you doing a deal with Ken Schmidt?” I explained that, yes, I had proposed working together on a fairly large complex transaction. It would take a lot of work but if successful would be great business for both firms. The driver said, “He was in the car last night. He was bragging about how he was going to screw you. Here is what he is going to do.” This was the same Ken Schmidt who had confessed the Dillon partners conversations with my ex-husband. Ken was still blubbering indiscreetly about his bad deeds. And so the driver saved me from my mistake of attempting to partner with my old firm.
    The above is on page 7 on the following link http://www.dunwalke.com/
    Fair Warning: If you click it, you can't stop reading and it will take you hours; however, you'll learn about the "Popsicle Index" and a lot more. Remember Popsicles when you were a kid?
    Last edited by Sparky, 23rd January 2014 at 02:50.

26. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sparky For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th April 2018), Alice44 (25th May 2014), BabaRa (23rd January 2014), Calabash (23rd January 2014), Cearna (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), Highland1 (4th February 2014), Mark (23rd January 2014), modwiz (23rd January 2014), PurpleLama (23rd January 2014), Sooz (23rd January 2014), Spiral (23rd January 2014)

Thanks
    This is a good time to broaden my 'lizard' attribution to Forrestal.

We see a warrior dedicated to his assignment. Military 'energy' has a deep resonance with Reptoid energy. This is my perception.

Unwavering diligence to an assignment is (a huge ?)part of reptiod nobility. Nobility meaning noble-ness.

Regarding our military: Not questioning orders and following them with integrity is hive-like behavior. Lay over this, a 'method' of response for when command continuity is compromised and 'individual decisions are needed, and you get a further morphing into a quasi-hive mentality. A mentality that the reptoid races have been said to operate within.

All of the above is just my view. I share it for your perusal. I cannot vouch that agreeing with it will not lead one to useless affiliation with the ramblings of someone at a keyboard on a forum.
    Last edited by modwiz, 23rd January 2014 at 09:47.

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th April 2018), Alice44 (25th May 2014), BabaRa (23rd January 2014), Calabash (23rd January 2014), Cearna (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), Highland1 (4th February 2014), Mark (23rd January 2014), PurpleLama (23rd January 2014), Spiral (23rd January 2014)

Thanks
    Rather than to tarry, I am here to set up shop, with the wizard's blessing, of course.

One might say, I saw this thread being formed months ago, and to me it is a homecoming of sorts.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th April 2018), Calabash (23rd January 2014), Cearna (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), Highland1 (4th February 2014), Mark (23rd January 2014), modwiz (23rd January 2014)