Page 358 of 361 FirstFirst ... 258308348355356357358359360361 LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 5411

Thread: Rhosgobel Tent At TOT

Thanks
    Thanked 38,587 Times in 5,966 Posts
    In many ways, I am using my thread to hold this wonderful piece of modern political oration.

A man who represents the soul of America, IMO.

Only for the curious or bored. I have no statement to make.

I know where to find this video again.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th June 2020), Chester (27th June 2020)

Thanks
    Another eloquent American voice. Delivered in a style of 'Southern talk' that I have grown to love and appreciate.

This man got me almost moved to tears with his passion.

This is intended for Americans, but curiousity from outside is understandable.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th June 2020), Catsquotl (28th June 2020), Elen (29th June 2020)

Thanks
    This forum has become a nuisance to me.

I post about human love for each other, over pet love, and got scolded.

I spoke to Sammy/Chester about making a good donation to TOT because of a stimulus check I received.

I will not donate to a forum that harrasses me.

Malc, you might want reconsider the hospitality of the FA, or forum administrator.

He is not good for business.

You lost some funding and content, Malc.

Wind, is another POS.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,077 Times in 1,051 Posts
    Someone woke up grumpy today.
    Mars ingressed into aries and came within a 10 degree orb of squaring mercury in cancer just now.
    Will be in this aspect for quite some time too.
    Those signify fighting words..
    Last edited by Catsquotl, 29th June 2020 at 12:00.
    Have a great day today

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th June 2020), Aragorn (29th June 2020), Dreamtimer (29th June 2020), Elen (30th June 2020), Kathy (30th June 2020), The One (29th June 2020), Wind (29th June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,213 Times in 2,015 Posts
    Not sure where that came from, but I've been called many things. Sometimes for a good reason, many times not.

Aragorn gave Modwiz here a chance to join the forum again like Chester and this is how they thank him for it.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th June 2020), Aragorn (29th June 2020), Chris (29th June 2020), Dreamtimer (29th June 2020), Elen (30th June 2020), Kathy (30th June 2020), The One (29th June 2020)

Senior Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,723 Times in 1,176 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post

I spoke to Sammy/Chester about making a good donation to TOT because of a stimulus check I received.

Malc, you might want reconsider the hospitality of the FA, or forum administrator.

Wind, is another POS.
    I guess it's none of my business, but you seem to be labouring under several delusions, my dear friend.

Unless, I'm missing something, this forum isn't a business, rather it operates like a charity, living off donations, mostly from the founder, Malc himself. Nobody here gets paid to my knowledge, even though people who "work" here, refer to themselves as staff. They are all doing as a favour by donating their free time and free labour to serve a common cause and us regular posters are contributing to that effort, by freely posting valuable content, some of it original. We all contribute here in some way.

This isn't like PA used to be, where you could buy special treatment and influence by way of donations. That is my point of view anyway, but if I'm in error, please correct me.

If you want to throw insults around, be my guest, but know that this makes you look rather childish and immature. Nobody here is going to be impressed by your Drama Queen impression, least of all Malc or Aragorn. I don't say this out of malice, simply in the hope that you will reconsider your words.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th June 2020), Aragorn (29th June 2020), Dreamtimer (29th June 2020), Elen (30th June 2020), Kathy (30th June 2020), The One (29th June 2020), Wind (29th June 2020)

Super Moderator United States Dreamtimer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,438 Times in 10,378 Posts
    I can say from direct knowledge and experience that our Administrator is invaluable and the forum might not still be here without him. Malc did not have the ability to do what Aragorn has been doing over the last few years because he simply did not have the time between his job and his family.

No-one is paid to be on the staff. As far as I know, no-one ever has been.

If you truly believe you have been harassed, Modwiz, the appropriate step would be to communicate with the staff or even Malc as that is a serious assertion. Putting it in a post in the Tent is certainly not the way to properly address such an issue.

This is a forum whose purpose is a platform for communication and sharing of ideas.

Name-calling is beneath you, Modwiz, and an insult to all members. Name-calling is itself harassment. You undermine your own assertion as you make it.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th June 2020), Aragorn (29th June 2020), Chris (29th June 2020), Elen (30th June 2020), Kathy (30th June 2020), The One (29th June 2020), Wind (29th June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 63,182 Times in 15,075 Posts

Wind, is another POS.
    Once upon a time, the word "wizard" denoted "a man of wisdom". It is sad to see that these days, the word has come to mean "a cantankerous and vain curmudgeon".

As I have told you before, for every action, there is an equal an opposite reaction. I have seen no posts here at the forum in recent times in which you've been scolded by anyone other than myself, and that event had nothing to do with pets, but with the public humiliation of ─ and a vile attempt to incite bullying against ─ another member of this forum. Other than that instance, no one here has laid even as much as a straw in your way.

You can keep your donations and ─ who's the "snowflake" now? ─ the attempt at emotional bribery that comes with it. All of our staff members are observing their role here both selflessly and with the greatest integrity, and our integrity is not for sale.

Considering that this is the second time now that you've conducted yourself with antisocial hubris out of the blue in only a few weeks, and given that you're too arrogant and too vain to even consider the beam in your own tainted eye, it would appear that you need a somewhat more insisting lesson in humility. Like Saruman, you've stared at the palantir too long, and now you've lost whatever little common sense you still had left. I won't even mention what else you've lost, but maybe you'll eventually figure that out on your own. You speak of love for your fellow human beings, but it would appear that you don't even understand the very concept of love.

Either way, you're going on a little vacation now. See you again next week. Or not ─ that's entirely up to you. But to be honest, right now I don't give a damn anymore.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th June 2020), Chris (29th June 2020), Dreamtimer (29th June 2020), Elen (30th June 2020), Kathy (30th June 2020), The One (29th June 2020), Wind (29th June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 47,871 Times in 10,037 Posts

Wind, is another POS.
    I dont usually get involved in the drama that goes on at tot because our amazing administrator and moderators do an amazing job

Modwiz this video is for you and i have the best administrator anyone cold wish for.I do not rely on donations to keep this forum going like some forums do.I fund it because i believe in what tot stands for.

Like Dreamtimer said Name-calling is beneath you, Modwiz, and an insult to all members. Name-calling is itself harassment. You undermine your own assertion as you make it.I remember you once saying that the default style was not good on your eyes so i installed the Galaxy style that you use to make your viewing of the forum better for you .It just goes to show you that some members are never happy no matter what we do.

No one person can ever change the truth, but the truth, once learned, can and will change the person

You must be the change you wish to see in the world when you are through changing, you are through

theonetruth forum status theonetruth facebook

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The One For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th June 2020), Aragorn (29th June 2020), Chris (30th June 2020), Dreamtimer (29th June 2020), Elen (30th June 2020), Kathy (30th June 2020), Wind (29th June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,077 Times in 1,051 Posts
    That insult always cracks me up.
    Sorry rad.
    Have a great day today

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th June 2020), Aragorn (29th June 2020), Chris (30th June 2020), Dreamtimer (29th June 2020), Elen (30th June 2020), Kathy (30th June 2020), Wind (30th June 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,161 Times in 211 Posts

Wind, is another POS.
    Curious. I plan to donate next check I receive.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th June 2020), Aragorn (29th June 2020), Chris (30th June 2020), Dreamtimer (29th June 2020), Elen (30th June 2020), Kathy (30th June 2020), Wind (30th June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 21,500 Times in 4,659 Posts
    This is sad Rad, maybe it's time you should also contemplate the wisdom of Odin too.

Mál er at þylja
    þular stóli á
    Urðarbrunni at,
    sá ek ok þagðak,
    sá ek ok hugðak,
    hlydda ek á manna mál;
    of rúnar heyrða ek dæma,
    né um ráðum þögðu
    Háva höllu at,
    Háva höllu í,
    heyrða ek segja svá:

Ráðumk þér, Loddfáfnir,
    en þú ráð nemir, -
    njóta mundu ef þú nemr,
    þér munu góð ef þú getr -:
    nótt þú rís-at
    nema á njósn séir
    eða þú leitir þér innan út staðar.

I feel in my heart that Aragorn has been and still is the very best Administrator we will ever be so fortunate to have.

The world is going through difficult times and we can only get through it together. Together. Together.
    Whatever is true. Whatever is noble. Whatever is right. Whatever is lovely. Whatever is admirable. Anything of excellence and worthy of praise. Dwell on these things. Jesus Christ (I agree)

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th June 2020), Aragorn (30th June 2020), Chris (30th June 2020), Dreamtimer (30th June 2020), Wind (30th June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,342 Times in 837 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    I guess it's none of my business, but you seem to be labouring under several delusions, my dear friend.

Unless, I'm missing something, this forum isn't a business, rather it operates like a charity, living off donations, mostly from the founder, Malc himself. Nobody here gets paid to my knowledge, even though people who "work" here, refer to themselves as staff. They are all doing as a favour by donating their free time and free labour to serve a common cause and us regular posters are contributing to that effort, by freely posting valuable content, some of it original. We all contribute here in some way.

This isn't like PA used to be, where you could buy special treatment and influence by way of donations. That is my point of view anyway, but if I'm in error, please correct me.

If you want to throw insults around, be my guest, but know that this makes you look rather childish and immature. Nobody here is going to be impressed by your Drama Queen impression, least of all Malc or Aragorn. I don't say this out of malice, simply in the hope that you will reconsider your words.
    It's best to leave this between them and stay out of it...................
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th June 2020), Aragorn (30th June 2020), Chris (30th June 2020), Dreamtimer (30th June 2020), Elen (30th June 2020), Wind (30th June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 28,780 Times in 7,014 Posts
    Oh yeah baby, a poem comin on, lite the fire n get the mellows

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th June 2020), Dreamtimer (30th June 2020), Elen (30th June 2020), Wind (30th June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,342 Times in 837 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Oh yeah baby, a poem comin on, lite the fire n get the mellows
    Drug is bad
    Don't drug
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st July 2020), Aragorn (30th June 2020), Elen (1st July 2020), Wind (30th June 2020)