Page 275 of 402 FirstFirst ... 175225265272273274275276277278285325375 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 6018

Thread: Rhosgobel Tent At TOT

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,690 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    I found a short and very useful video on lucid dreaming. At ten plus minutes it is a worthy watch for anyone looking to tap into the power and coherence of the other side of our life.

Modwiz, I found this resonant, in regard to lucid dreaming being a natural state, not something to try to 'force' or 'engineer' into being. What he talks about in relation to day-dreaming, and how the borderline between day-dreaming and dreaming while asleep/lucid dreaming becoming very thin, when you give yourself time to day-dream before sleep or during the 'snooze' stage of waking, is somewhat similar to how I approach dreaming-with-an-intent.
    I do it by visualization-type meditation before sleeping, where I take myself into an 'inner heart landscape/realm' which is clearly visualized (and infinite, as it has no borders/boundaries). I've used this as a daily practice for several years now, and have found that just as the detail and clarity of the inner heart realm have grown (through a combination of both intentional creations and observing and interacting with what 'appears' in there that is not consciously directed), so have the dreams that I 'step into' from that place on falling asleep. Often, there is a direct continuation from meditation to dream, and vice versa....they naturally flow from one to the other...and inform each other, so to speak.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Joanna For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th July 2016), Cearna (10th July 2016), Chester (12th July 2016), Dreamtimer (10th July 2016), Elen (10th July 2016), modwiz (10th July 2016), pointessa (12th July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Joanna View Post
    Modwiz, I found this resonant, in regard to lucid dreaming being a natural state, not something to try to 'force' or 'engineer' into being. What he talks about in relation to day-dreaming, and how the borderline between day-dreaming and dreaming while asleep/lucid dreaming becoming very thin, when you give yourself time to day-dream before sleep or during the 'snooze' stage of waking, is somewhat similar to how I approach dreaming-with-an-intent.
    I do it by visualization-type meditation before sleeping, where I take myself into an 'inner heart landscape/realm' which is clearly visualized (and infinite, as it has no borders/boundaries). I've used this as a daily practice for several years now, and have found that just as the detail and clarity of the inner heart realm have grown (through a combination of both intentional creations and observing and interacting with what 'appears' in there that is not consciously directed), so have the dreams that I 'step into' from that place on falling asleep. Often, there is a direct continuation from meditation to dream, and vice versa....they naturally flow from one to the other...and inform each other, so to speak.
    Really happy to hear you enjoyed it and found it agreeing with your experience. I thought it was excellent advice and explained well within a well timed segment.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th July 2016), Cearna (11th July 2016), Dreamtimer (11th July 2016), Elen (11th July 2016), Joanna (12th July 2016), pointessa (12th July 2016)

Thanks
    The good doctor speaks.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th July 2016), Cearna (11th July 2016), Dreamtimer (11th July 2016), Elen (11th July 2016), Joanna (12th July 2016), pointessa (12th July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 1,040 Posts
    Colleen

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th July 2016), Dreamtimer (11th July 2016), Elen (11th July 2016), modwiz (11th July 2016), pointessa (12th July 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Joanne, glad to see your thoughts on the lucid dreaming video. I thought of you while I watched. It reminded me of what you've shared regarding lucid dreaming. His method is similar to what Robert Moss talks about. His goal (one among many) is to teach people to go actively into the Dreamworld from the liminal state. He's coined a term, 'Active Dreaming'.

Thanks for sharing, Modwiz. I went to Martin's channel to check out some of his other work.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th July 2016), Cearna (11th July 2016), Elen (11th July 2016), Joanna (12th July 2016), modwiz (11th July 2016), pointessa (12th July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 1,040 Posts
    Just found this amongst my e-mail, and had to come back on-line to share it with you, from Astrologer Lynn Hayes.

Sunday inspiration: Longing to Belong

Posted: 10 Jul 2016 05:39 AM PDT

Venus is in Cancer right now, enhancing our longing to belong to a tribe, a family of souls that connect us to the earth. This longing for connection conflicts over the next day or two with Uranus in Aries – the individualist, the loner. This conflict between our need for individual space and our need to belong is central to the human condition and creator of much of our personal and political conflicts.

To inspire healing on this day where our desire to belong is conflicting with our need to separate, I offer this beautiful writing from the late John O’Donohoe.

Our world desperately needs to come in from the lost islands of desiccated individualism and learn to stand again on the fecund earth where vibrant and vital interaction can happen between people.

Our world is facing so many crises ecologically, economically, and spiritually. These cannot be overcome by isolated individuals. We need to come together. There is incredible power in a community of people who are together because they care, and who are motivated by the ideals of compassion and creativity.

When such a community develops and maintains its own vision, it will not fall into the trap of being prisoners of reaction and beginning to resemble more and more the opposition. It will not deconstruct in the introverted power games, but maintain its care and critical focus.

When such a prophetic community is nourished by prayer and animated by Divine Longing, the harvest of creativity and belonging which it can bring is unlimited.

Excerpt from Eternal Echoes.

The post Sunday inspiration: Longing to Belong appeared first on Astrology readings and writings by Lynn Hayes.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th July 2016), Dreamtimer (12th July 2016), Elen (11th July 2016), modwiz (11th July 2016)

Thanks
    It has occurred to me that my two main threads, this one and Modwiz Musings, will appeal to two different mind sets. Modwiz Musings one is event related and thus is aimed at the average mind. One would hope this is the most abundant. The Tent is for ideas mainly though, geared to be open to all. With the observation that a current thread that is focused on a person seems to be getting the most traffic, one is left to surmise.

I am sure those that seek to control us must be delighted by such focus. To Know Thyself is a perennial wisdom.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th July 2016), Cearna (12th July 2016), Dreamtimer (12th July 2016), Elen (13th July 2016), Joanna (12th July 2016), pointessa (12th July 2016)

Thanks
    I was guided to a site that posts what look to be weekly observations of world scenarios. I will put some of the content here and then post the link. First some USA related thoughts.

July 12 - Without 270 electoral votes, there is no Presidential election outcome. In other words, having one or more battleground states delay elections due to threats to voters, the entire Presidential election will be delayed, for without either Presidential candidate tallying 270+ electoral votes on November 8, no decision can be made as to who is elected President. Since individual states are easy to hijack, the expected October wave of domestic terrorist attacks will likely transpire in battleground states such as Florida, Ohio and/or Pennsylvania. The decision by leadership controlling terrorist operations to launch the October attacks can be delayed until as late as September, in order to determine which attacks will guarantee a ‘hung jury’ on election day. As of July 10, 2016, Clinton is projected to secure 217 electoral votes while Trump only has 191 electoral votes secured [1]. According to another poll, the tipping point state is Florida, in which Clinton is ahead by 5.9% [2]. Therefore, the threat of terrorist attacks on election day in Florida alone could ensure a hung jury on election day.
    Now, some International or European related.

On the European front, Italy is poised to use their October elections as a referendum of sorts [7], the outcome of which is expected to further destabilize the European Union and empower Russia. Since Deutsche Bank is considered the weakest link in the global financial derivatives market, the Italian election may trigger the global economic reset that more and more economists are discussing, resulting in 30+% currency devaluation in the U.S. dollar relative to goods and services. Liquidity will evaporate during this transition to a new global currency system, further eroding global trade and heightening tensions between the East and West. Weakening currencies will motivate nations to pursue control over greater resources and over their own populations. Direct conflict is unlikely on a large scale until after conflict between Israel and its hostile neighbors escalates into a full-blown regional conflagration. What specifically will trigger an escalation in the Middle East remains indeterminate, though a few possible scenarios such as the assassination of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas have been discussed in previous posts. October appears to be the critical month for both the United States and Europe, with the Middle East coming to the forefront shortly thereafter.
    I fully concur with October being a very crucial time for the world. The Justice/Balance of Libra transitions into Death/Rebirth Scorpio. Scorpio is also known for its intensity, deep emotion and "payback". Phoenix type energy is also related to it.

http://www.provemewrong.today/

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th July 2016), Cearna (12th July 2016), Dreamtimer (12th July 2016), Elen (13th July 2016)

Thanks
    My friend Butch Robins, shared a thought with me that I think bears repeating. He says, it is not a case of all lives matter. More importantly the focus, or meme, is All Life Matters. I had to agree with his Gaia-centric view.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th July 2016), Aragorn (12th July 2016), Cearna (12th July 2016), Dreamtimer (12th July 2016), Elen (13th July 2016), Joanna (12th July 2016), pointessa (12th July 2016)

Thanks
    I think this excerpt of a Jeff Rense show with Jim Fetzer belongs here because it is concept/idea based around events, instead of events themselves. Only twenty minutes long it is an intelligent conversation about the WTF's of both the Dallas and Orlando shootings. It is full of observations to ponder and Jeff always has good graphics to accompany the narrative.

Jeff Rense & James Fetzer - Is The Government Trying to Incite Civil War?

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th July 2016), Aragorn (12th July 2016), Cearna (12th July 2016), Dreamtimer (12th July 2016), Elen (13th July 2016), pointessa (12th July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,690 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Joanne, glad to see your thoughts on the lucid dreaming video. I thought of you while I watched. It reminded me of what you've shared regarding lucid dreaming. His method is similar to what Robert Moss talks about. His goal (one among many) is to teach people to go actively into the Dreamworld from the liminal state. He's coined a term, 'Active Dreaming'.

Thanks for sharing, Modwiz. I went to Martin's channel to check out some of his other work.
    It's a fascinating aspect of life, and I also read what you write about dreams with great interest, Dreamtimer (and apologize for not always replying, I have got busy elsewhere, but do read and enjoy your posts).

The Tent is for ideas mainly though, geared to be open to all. With the observation that a current thread that is focused on a person seems to be getting the most traffic, one is left to surmise.

I am sure those that seek to control us must be delighted by such focus. To Know Thyself is a perennial wisdom.
    I agree, it is all part of Planned Distraction/Diversion/Opposition. Yet, if people can go past bitterness and disillusionment, ultimately even this circus can propel consciousness toward wisdom, in a roundabout kind of fashion.

My friend Butch Robins, shared a thought with me that I think bears repeating. He says, it is not a case of all lives matter. More importantly the focus, or meme, is All Life Matters. I had to agree with his Gaia-centric view.
    (((( YES ))))

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Joanna For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th July 2016), Cearna (14th July 2016), Dreamtimer (12th July 2016), Elen (12th July 2016), modwiz (12th July 2016), pointessa (12th July 2016)

Thanks
    I just finished watching this first part of a two part presentation by Joseph P Farrell at the Secret Space Program Conference. Wow. He is a great speaker bringing scholarly gravitas to a woo woo subject. I need to got to bed now and will keep this introduction to what is present here. Although the topics covered will be put here. I will post part two later in the day and after listening to it first.

Presentation 1 Synopsis
    I. A Look Back: San Mateo 2014: The Post-War Mega-Manhattan Project on Steroids
    II. The Historical Context (where we talk about lots of artillery).
    III. The Mythological Context (where we talk about lots of psychopathy)
    IV. Implications for the National Security-Breakaway Civilization/Secret Space Program complex (where we talk about lots of paranoia).

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th July 2016), Aragorn (12th July 2016), Cearna (12th July 2016), Dreamtimer (12th July 2016), Elen (12th July 2016), pointessa (12th July 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Thanks for the vids, Modwiz. I like to listen, especially, when Joseph speaks with Catherine Austin Fitts. The two of them discussed the conference and how there were some celebrity whistleblower types who wanted to be speakers but weren't invited. They spoke of how the speakers at this conference are all researchers, scholars, etc., and not the latest hot personality.

The Jeff Rense bits are good and I often find myself wishing I could listen to the rest. I don't know anything about him.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th July 2016), Cearna (14th July 2016), Elen (12th July 2016), modwiz (12th July 2016), pointessa (12th July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,125 Times in 173 Posts

I couldn't agree more. That is the true imbalance that we must ultimately deal with. When we understand that all life matters and act on it, things will rebalance on the planet.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pointessa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th July 2016), Cearna (14th July 2016), Dreamtimer (12th July 2016), Elen (12th July 2016), modwiz (12th July 2016)

Thanks
    I have lstened to part to of J.P. Farrell's presentation. It seems it ended befor it was over, running a little over 18 minutes. Here it is anyway.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th July 2016), Cearna (14th July 2016), Dreamtimer (12th July 2016), Elen (13th July 2016)