Page 8 of 402 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhosgobel Tent At TOT

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Sooz View Post
    Mr Wiz, I'm curious as to why you have had a personality transplant (you know I love you).

And why with this thread, being so ready to impart your knowledge all of a sudden.

Sorry to be so blunt, but previous to this, you were shall we say... a bit snarky (Calz's word) and derisive on many posts?

What made you change your mind to post this thread and to translate yourself in such a different way?

Sooz
    Being purposeful and creative. Many faces can be confusing so keeping it down to just a few helps.

I decided on a course to maximize communication and playfulness. Having a thread like this to work in puts me in a good frame of mind as well.

No personality transplant, just working with a modified persona.
    Last edited by modwiz, 24th January 2014 at 07:49.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Calz (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), Highland1 (4th February 2014), Mark (24th January 2014), Moonlight (25th January 2014), Sooz (24th January 2014), Spiral (24th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,882 Times in 3,290 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    Anybody ever play with/use the Medicine Cards? The ones with animals and qualities on them.

No, but I would be interested to know what the North American Mountain Lion /Cougar represents, I had a very lucid dream where I was stood at the door (which is actually three glass doors side by side ) with my wife & dog, and on the raised garden terrace about 14 feet to the right of he door was the most beautiful mountain lion, it then came down & sat on the door step.

It was incredibly HD visually, & there was no fear, just a sense of awe & wonder, (I have never actually seen a mountain lion in real life either.)

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (24th January 2014), Calabash (24th January 2014), Calz (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), Highland1 (4th February 2014), Mark (24th January 2014), modwiz (24th January 2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Spiral View Post
    No, but I would be interested to know what the North American Mountain Lion /Cougar represents, I had a very lucid dream where I was stood at the door (which is actually three glass doors side by side ) with my wife & dog, and on the raised garden terrace about 14 feet to the right of he door was the most beautiful mountain lion, it then came down & sat on the door step.

It was incredibly HD visually, & there was no fear, just a sense of awe & wonder, (I have never actually seen a mountain lion in real life either.)
    It represents, or more correctly its 'medicine' is, leadership.

Medicine is the counsel and animals have for us by the knowledge of their ways. Their special abilities and strengths are the medicine they offer. As well as some things to avoid.

The Medicine Cards derive their name from this.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (24th January 2014), Calz (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), Highland1 (4th February 2014), Mark (24th January 2014), Spiral (24th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,534 Times in 500 Posts
    Mr Wiz, I'm curious as to why you have had a personality transplant (you know I love you).

And why with this thread, being so ready to impart your knowledge all of a sudden.

Sorry to be so blunt, but previous to this, you were shall we say... a bit snarky (Calz's word) and derisive on many posts?

What made you change your mind to post this thread and to translate yourself in such a different way?

Sooz
    Please sister, DO NOT HOLD BACK!

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Calz (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), Highland1 (4th February 2014), modwiz (24th January 2014), Sooz (24th January 2014), Spiral (24th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,534 Times in 500 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    It represents, or more correctly its 'medicine' is, leadership.

Medicine is the counsel and animals have for us by the knowledge of their ways. Their special abilities and strengths are the medicine they offer. As well as some things to avoid.

The Medicine Cards derive their name from this.
    To your knowledge, are their a similar set (not tarrot), that picture native men in different trades/environments please?

I was once shown cards in a dream vision, they were life size and portrayed maybe Mayans or something similar and they were passing before me from the right to left. Each one had a single man in a pose for example holding a tool performing some action in a specific environment, it stopped on a card with a man in a forrest, which of course is my church.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (24th January 2014), Calz (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), Highland1 (4th February 2014), modwiz (24th January 2014), Spiral (24th January 2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Caleb View Post
    To your knowledge, are their a similar set (not tarrot), that picture native men in different trades/environments please?

I was once shown cards in a dream vision, they were life size and portrayed maybe Mayans or something similar and they were passing before me from the right to left. Each one had a single man in a pose for example holding a tool performing some action in a specific environment, it stopped on a card with a man in a forrest, which of course is my church.
    Despite the plethora of cards with different themes, the one you describe is not one I know of.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (24th January 2014), Calz (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), Highland1 (4th February 2014), Mark (24th January 2014), Spiral (24th January 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,398 Times in 3,150 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Caleb View Post
    Please sister, DO NOT HOLD BACK!
    Hey Brother,

You know me, 'foot in mouth disease' and all that good stuff, lol...I'm an Ozzy.

Sometimes I get a rush of blood to the head and say things that others are thinking, but don't say it.

Where would you other *******s be if it wasn't for me asking pesky questions?

Besides, I know Wizzy loves me in spite of my wild and wacky way with words.

Don't cha wizzy?...

(Sorry, off topic, excusemoir)

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Calabash (24th January 2014), Calz (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), Highland1 (4th February 2014), Mark (24th January 2014), modwiz (24th January 2014), Spiral (24th January 2014)

Thanks

Besides, I know Wizzy loves me in spite of my wild and wacky way with words.

Don't cha wizzy?...

(Sorry, off topic, excusemoir)
    Yes I do.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Calz (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), Highland1 (4th February 2014), Sooz (24th January 2014), Spiral (24th January 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Ah, the deep wisdom is the meal, whilst the sometimes caustic wit is but the spice, the experience of consuming the wise wizard's thought would be without substance on the one hand, and lacking its particular flavor on the other.

I suppose mod knows I have wide experience with the medicine/totem cards. My own totem was made in 2001, and the deck that was used was handed to me a few years later. In 2009 I gifted my closest friend, who later became my wife, with her own deck, so now there are two decks and books in the house.

My own totem was eventually lost, and the spirit guides, the Left and Right, are the only ones retained in my memory, respectively these are Panther/Unknown and Alligator/Integration. The night my totem was done, I had one of those peak experiences, I was riding in the car with my friend "John the Baptist", and we were having a serious discussion about conspiracies, etc. At a particular point in the ride, I realize the sounds of my friend's voice and that of the car on the road had muted and disappeared, to be replaced with a low, humming vibration, much lower that the vibration of the vehicle. A moment later my sense of vision blacked out totally, leaving me in darkness that was total, with only the humming to be perceived. After what seemed like a long while, I began to see a vague outline of a darker black within the black, and as the recognition of Puma reached my consciousness, the great cat's eyes opened, shining green and gold, and this propelled me abruptly back into the car. It took a few moments to get fully back to my senses, and once I did, all I could do was laugh and giggle. I will never forget "John" saying, OK, You can laugh if you will.... and I had to get a hold of myself, to say no, no, I am not laughing at you, and to proceed to relay the experience, to which he replied, we should do your totem when we get back. And sure enough, the last card drawn, the guardian on the left, was Panther.

My wife, when her totem was done many years later, drew Raven/Magic and Alligator as well. As Panther carries the energy of Mystery or the Unknown, it has been seen than nothing could have been more appropriate, as interfacing with Mystery has been a central theme in the intervening years. It takes a lot of gumption to follow that one, one learns not to hold on to self, otherwise no progress is made.

Years later, 06 I think, was my first encounter with the Ra Material, and I will never forget the one phrase that tickles me to this day, Ra saying All we know, and all we are, begins and ends in Mystery.

Caleb, I would suggest meditating on the dream, to remember as much detail as possible, and to draw them as best as you are able. My interpretation is that these would be a series of archtypal representations particular to you, but should you fully recall, record and interpret them, the lessons you may learn may provide you with a valuable tool for in turn teaching others. The cards might not exist in this reality, until you yourself create them. Such things brought back from the other side are the rarest of gifts.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (24th January 2014), Calabash (24th January 2014), Calz (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), Mark (24th January 2014), modwiz (24th January 2014), Spiral (24th January 2014), Tonz (24th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,070 Times in 1,329 Posts

I had that deck years ago but didn't keep or work with it (story of my life).

A "shaman type friend" suggested Ted Andrews as a good source for that type of information.

I got a couple of books and his card set.

Don't see "mountain lion" but he has a reference to "cougar".

Don't think I can copy from the net and it is too long to type ... will give you the "questions to ask" portion at the end:

Are we ignoring opportunities that present themselves rather than jumping upon them? Are we being too impatient in seeking what we wish? Are we dissatisfied with our progress? Are we being too forceful in our pursuits? Are we letting others take charge? Have we forgotten the importance of self-motivation and initiative?

The Animal-Wise Tarot

Ted Andrews

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Useful Post:

Calabash (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), modwiz (24th January 2014), PurpleLama (24th January 2014), Spiral (24th January 2014)

Thanks
    I did a totem spread some years back and have been able to keep my helpers recorded. However, I would not hesitate to do another session to fond out what might have shifted.

The 7 animals that became my medicine helpers.

Crow=Law. Otter=Woman Medicine, Moose=Esteem, Porcupine=Innocence, Armadillo=Boundaries, Coyote=Trickster and Lizard=Dreaming.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (24th January 2014), Calabash (24th January 2014), Calz (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), PurpleLama (24th January 2014), Spiral (24th January 2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Calz View Post

A "shaman type friend" suggested Ted Andrews as a good source for that type of information.

Don't think I can copy from the net and it is too long to type ... will give you the "questions to ask" portion at the end:
    I like Ted Andrews and have his Animal Spirit book. Something like that. It is an excellent book and a helpful companion to the Medicine cards.

I have often been helped by using the Medicine Cards to get a message regarding a subject that I wish for deeper insight.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (24th January 2014), Calz (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), PurpleLama (24th January 2014), Spiral (24th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,070 Times in 1,329 Posts
    Actual tarot cards (prior from his supplementary book):

VIII STRENGTH (as in major arcana) card has Lion (Strength of Will & Inner Sun)

KNIGHT of FOUR-LEGGEDS (Earth Pentacles) has Cougar (Come into Your Own Power)
    Last edited by Calz, 24th January 2014 at 19:13.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (24th January 2014), Calabash (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), Spiral (24th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,882 Times in 3,290 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Calz View Post

Are we ignoring opportunities that present themselves rather than jumping upon them? Are we being too impatient in seeking what we wish? Are we dissatisfied with our progress? Are we being too forceful in our pursuits? Are we letting others take charge? Have we forgotten the importance of self-motivation and initiative?
    Thanks Calz, that area has been a thing for me, boy do I have a motivation problem,

KNIGHT of FOUR-LEGGEDS (Earth Pentacles) has Cougar ([B]Come into Your Own Power][/B)
    Yup, thats what I need lol

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (24th January 2014), Calz (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), modwiz (24th January 2014)

Thanks
    Thanks Calz, that area has been a thing for me, boy do I have a motivation problem,

Yup, thats what I need lol
    It is interesting that Armadillo is a big key to personal power. Boundaries are about personal space, ours and others, and proper management of boundaries is key to owning ones power.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Calz (24th January 2014), Frances (24th January 2014), Spiral (24th January 2014)