Page 49 of 402 FirstFirst ... 39464748495051525999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhosgobel Tent At TOT

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,106 Times in 484 Posts
    I apologize if I caused any frustration to those seeking answers in my attempt to be succinct.

What would you do if you were walking along the sidewalk one night and someone wielding a knife came up behind you? Would you stop and see who it was approaching to decide whether they were evil or good, or would you prepare to defend yourself?

Some people are warriors and are prepared to fight, if necessary, well aware of their training and capabilities. Some people have no such knowledge of themselves and become victims.

Know yourself...sounds like a paltry phrases, a quick answer that frustrates. But what does it mean? It means pulling out all those less than perfect moments in our life that we all hide in the deep shadows of ourselves and examining them, one by one. It means doing the dirty work of finding out how and why we react to what. Just knowing how you can expect yourself to react in certain circumstances alone is valuable. Cleaning house to take out the trash, repair that which is broken, wash the windows to let more light shine in, take inventory and find out what is needed...but inside yourself. And that's only the beginning.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Melidae For This Useful Post:

1inMany (7th February 2014), Curt (8th February 2014), eaglespirit (8th February 2014), Frances (8th February 2014), modwiz (7th February 2014), Moonlight (8th February 2014), PurpleLama (7th February 2014)

Senior Member United States 1inMany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,248 Times in 378 Posts
    Oh, cripey. Busy day in the tent. Coincidentally, I just awoke from a dream about snakes, sneaked into the tent to listen, and what do I find...but snakes.

On another note, it's snowing and it is very beautiful. It is likely beautiful because no shovel will be in my future...
    Do not fashion me a maiden who needs saving from the dragons. I am the Dragon. And I will eat you whole.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 1inMany For This Useful Post:

Curt (8th February 2014), eaglespirit (8th February 2014), Frances (8th February 2014), modwiz (7th February 2014), Moonlight (8th February 2014), PurpleLama (7th February 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    I want to reiterate my offer to skype with members. I do not like typing and in depth discussions are best done with real time interactivity. PMing me a skype addy is the process for this.

Skype is free and only a few clicks and minutes of time to install.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th February 2014), Calabash (8th February 2014), Curt (8th February 2014), eaglespirit (8th February 2014), Frances (8th February 2014), Melidae (8th February 2014), Moonlight (8th February 2014), PurpleLama (7th February 2014)

Senior Member United States 1inMany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,248 Times in 378 Posts
    I was just sitting outside watching the snow and thinking about this dream I had. Not really relevant to anything going on here. But it was typical of the dream experiences I have. I was in a house, it was huge. And there were some people I know in this house, some people who have not been a part of my whole physical life but who I have become close to of late irl. And there was a little girl, and she caught my attention. And I knelt down in front of her, so I would be at eye level. And I smiled. We counted to ten, we sang the alphabet. She resembled one of my daughters, but at the age of a little boy I know. And the weirdest part was that she changed. She physically did not look like me, as my daughters don't. At all. And she changed as I scooped her up. She had the bluest eyes I've ever seen. She was a lovely creature, but she became so beautiful as I picked her up. And she looked like me, but not. My spiritual self possibly.

I picked her up and carried her around with me. And I was keeping her close, I never did put her down. I left the house, and was walking outside, through a neighbor's yard possibly. And there was a pool, a small pool. I was stepping on a bundle of (water?) hoses at the pool's edge and caught a glimpse of what I was actually stepping on. There was a blue tarp from the ground to the fence(?), affixed high up on the fence so that there was some space under it. And out came the snakes. They weren't small either. I'm scared of snakes usually. One by one, they slithered into the water. Thank goodness right before I fell into the pool, girl in tow, I woke up.

And, I say, this has absolutely nothing to do with anything.
    Last edited by 1inMany, 7th February 2014 at 23:00.
    Do not fashion me a maiden who needs saving from the dragons. I am the Dragon. And I will eat you whole.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 1inMany For This Useful Post:

Curt (8th February 2014), eaglespirit (8th February 2014), Frances (8th February 2014), modwiz (7th February 2014), Moonlight (8th February 2014), PurpleLama (7th February 2014), Seikou-Kishi (8th February 2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Melidae View Post

Know yourself...sounds like a paltry phrases, a quick answer that frustrates. But what does it mean? It means pulling out all those less than perfect moments in our life that we all hide in the deep shadows of ourselves and examining them, one by one. It means doing the dirty work of finding out how and why we react to what. Just knowing how you can expect yourself to react in certain circumstances alone is valuable. Cleaning house to take out the trash, repair that which is broken, wash the windows to let more light shine in, take inventory and find out what is needed...but inside yourself. And that's only the beginning.
    When know thyself frustrates, it is a feedback mechanism. Know thyself is so powerful that its perceived utility is is a good indication if one is seeking true empowerment. Many questions arise from the emotional body. Especially urgent ones. People have not yet come to understanding that emotions seek validation with their understanding. This is makes negotiating the mindscape difficult. This difficulty is a hindrance because it requires addressing two aspects of a person that do not handle data the same way. Conversations can be of an emotional nature and correct language can be produced to make such useful. The confluence of emotional and mental energy in a question is not the proper framing, IMO, because it complicates what needs to be simple, so that separate parts of a question can be seen for what they are.

Emotions are our weakness as we currently manage them. Agape is its own category. It is the carrier wave and does not hinder understanding but, assists and supports it.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th February 2014), Curt (8th February 2014), eaglespirit (8th February 2014), Frances (8th February 2014), Melidae (7th February 2014), Moonlight (8th February 2014), PurpleLama (7th February 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 1,226 Posts
    PL your post on last page (sorry, cut/paste/quote issues) reminded me of this (the conclusion of the Zerzan essay I keep pushing):

To 'define' a disalienated world would be impossible and even undesirable, but I think we can and should try to reveal the unworld of today and how it got this way. We have taken a monstrously wrong turn with symbolic culture and division of labor, from a place of enchantment, understanding and wholeness to the absence we find at the heart of the doctrine of progress. Empty and emptying, the logic of domestication, with its demand to control everything, now shows us the ruin of the civilization that ruins the rest. Assuming the inferiority of nature enables a domination of cultural systems that soon will make the very earth unsustainable.

Postmodernism says to us that a society without power relations can only be an abstraction (Foucalt, 1982). This is a lie unless we accept the death of nature and renounce what once was and what we can find again. Turnbull spoke of the intimacy between Mbuti people and the forest, dancing almost as if making love to the forest. In the bosom of a life of equals that is no abstraction, that struggles to endure, they were "dancing with the forest, dancing with the moon."

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th February 2014), Curt (8th February 2014), eaglespirit (8th February 2014), modwiz (8th February 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,007 Times in 1,526 Posts
    modwiz pardon my curiosity, bit of a rock hound & keep wondering what that crystal is on your avatar? seen calcite in a matrix like that, but not sure?

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th February 2014), Curt (8th February 2014), eaglespirit (8th February 2014), Moonlight (8th February 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by PurpleLama View Post
    It is my musing of the moment, if it is not the case, that the consciousness of the western mind, so separated, so cut off from its environment, is not actually the mode of consciousness that the devil even represents, perhaps what is seen as mind today as a possession and an identity is not indeed the very one tempting the christ within each of us.
    This has some bells ringing. I just read over it, this has been slow cooking below the surface for a while now, I think. The top of my head is tingling, reading what I wrote. Interesting.
    I don't 'mind' that at all...it get's right to the 'heart' of the matter of all that matters!

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eaglespirit For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th February 2014), Calz (9th February 2014), Curt (8th February 2014), Melidae (8th February 2014), modwiz (8th February 2014)

Thanks

Difference between The Trickster and Lucifer Energies

Trickster is associated with Mercury, resonant with the mental plane/body. Teaching will be 'aimed' at that level. Intermingling of emotional and mental body will necessitate some engaging with emotions, if just to disentangle them.

Lucifer, as the affiliation with Venus tells us, will work at the emotional level. Pressed buttons are ones we can become aware of. Attending to such unwanted autonomous aspects of ourselves will yield a clearer emotionally empowered individual.

There is much more. I will see what my weak typing and exhausted self can make happen.

Today was a propitious but overwhelming day for me. Although it might be for more than just myself.
    Last edited by modwiz, 8th February 2014 at 00:56.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th February 2014), Calabash (8th February 2014), Curt (8th February 2014), donk (8th February 2014), eaglespirit (8th February 2014), Melidae (8th February 2014), Moonlight (8th February 2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by mojo View Post
    modwiz pardon my curiosity, bit of a rock hound & keep wondering what that crystal is on your avatar? seen calcite in a matrix like that, but not sure?
    It is Aquamarine.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th February 2014), Curt (8th February 2014), eaglespirit (8th February 2014), mojo (8th February 2014), Moonlight (8th February 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,106 Times in 484 Posts
    Nevermind...
    Last edited by Melidae, 8th February 2014 at 03:46.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Melidae For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th February 2014), donk (8th February 2014)

Thanks
    @1. You have a skype message

24. The Following User Says Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th February 2014)

Thanks

Forum Threads as Invocation Portals

Focusing of energy creates results/effects. Threads are energy focusers. Topics, subjects and names narrow and potentize the focus further. Sometimes, and more frequently with conditions as they are, invocations occur. Someone(s) have to be the vehicles of that invoked energy.

We had an experience today when the topic was around the Light Bearer. Naming is very important here. I want to use one of the less powerful names. His other name was being used/invoked by a number of people. Focus was on me energetically, especially from lookbeyond. The urgent 'demand' to know more about this being resulted in a response that I did not compose.

Yes, I said and meant that.

http://jandeane81.com/threads/1771-R...ll=1#post12345

I would have not responded with that sort of clarity. I would have opted to filter the light as much as minimal distortion would allow. I would not have been that honest. The querent urgently wanted to know more about this being and the being chose to 'show up'. I was the 'go between' and did not realize it for hours because my 'visit' left me dazed and that grew for a while. The energy was huge and my balance is not yet restored though it is getting there.

These are powerful lessons, in a real time, for us all.

This post is tied into other conversations of import here at TOT.
    Last edited by modwiz, 8th February 2014 at 06:28.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th February 2014), Calabash (8th February 2014), Church (8th February 2014), Curt (8th February 2014), donk (8th February 2014), Melidae (8th February 2014), Moonlight (8th February 2014), ronin (8th February 2014)

Thanks

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th February 2014), Curt (8th February 2014), Moonlight (8th February 2014)

Thanks
    ...and you invoked me (I hadn't ventured to the tent, afraid it'd be a time burgler, and I was right for once),

and my 666th reply

In all seriousness: the "beast" and that number and all we been talking about are two different animals, right? Not even same ballpark? Totally different?

Added: and now that I think about it, I'd have had to glance in once, early on. Jetted posthaste, trying to avoid settling in and getting cozy. Ah the best laid plans of mice & men....
    Last edited by donk, 8th February 2014 at 02:28.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th February 2014), Curt (8th February 2014), modwiz (8th February 2014)