Page 366 of 402 FirstFirst ... 266316356363364365366367368369376 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 6018

Thread: Rhosgobel Tent At TOT

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    I loved this song when it came out on VH-1 in the eighties. Melody of the Highlands invigorated my spirit.

So, two videos, one song and same band.

The official video and a live performance.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th August 2021), Aragorn (30th August 2021), Dreamtimer (31st August 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,093 Times in 20,304 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    I loved this song when it came out on VH-1 in the eighties. Melody of the Highlands invigorated my spirit.

So, two videos, one song and same band.

The official video and a live performance.
    R.I.P. Stuart Adamson. His lyrics were always very profound, and the sound of the band was definitely unique. Here's another great song of theirs ─ studio version and live version.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th August 2021), Dreamtimer (31st August 2021), modwiz (30th August 2021)

Thanks
    Enjoying the 'retro' music groove in the Tent.

Cheap Trick were four men who knew how to play off of each other. Musically and visually.

Only a live performance captures their brilliance as a band/ensemble.

Here is a very good example.

Last edited by modwiz, 3rd September 2021 at 11:11.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th September 2021), Aragorn (3rd September 2021), Dreamtimer (3rd September 2021), Wind (3rd September 2021)

Thanks
    The date of this recording of a live performance of Linda Rondstadt is not available. The band is unremarkable as she sings her first hit, written by Michael Nesmith (Monkees, guitar). However she is great and best of all, performing barefoot.

As I do.

Last edited by modwiz, 3rd September 2021 at 11:12.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th September 2021), Aragorn (3rd September 2021), Dreamtimer (3rd September 2021), Wind (3rd September 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 1,685 Posts
    From comments on your vid
    ''Alan White
    2 years ago (edited)
    That looks like it was shot at the Bitter End in The Village in late 1967 or very early 1968. I saw her there. The night I was there she was not happy with the band and it was freezing cold in the club and she was wearing only a thin sun dress. It looks like the same band I saw and Linda was furious with them. At the time I was an agent who booked recording stars and I wanted to pursue and try to sign Linda, but my boss, a woman, didn't think a woman would ever make it in Rock & Roll and she wasn't interested. This was before Janis broke big. So for the gals back then it was a very Connie Francis, Lesley Gore, Brenda Lee world. Not that there is anything wrong with that - those gals were were marvelous too. To my credit, I wanted to sign Linda before my first listen of a "Different Drum" was even finished. I remember telling my boss, "You're wrong. This is going to be one of the great female voices in music history." Boom. :-)''
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th September 2021), Aragorn (3rd September 2021), Dreamtimer (7th September 2021), modwiz (4th September 2021), Wind (3rd September 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    From comments on your vid
    ''Alan White
    2 years ago (edited)
    That looks like it was shot at the Bitter End in The Village in late 1967 or very early 1968. I saw her there. The night I was there she was not happy with the band and it was freezing cold in the club and she was wearing only a thin sun dress. It looks like the same band I saw and Linda was furious with them. At the time I was an agent who booked recording stars and I wanted to pursue and try to sign Linda, but my boss, a woman, didn't think a woman would ever make it in Rock & Roll and she wasn't interested. This was before Janis broke big. So for the gals back then it was a very Connie Francis, Lesley Gore, Brenda Lee world. Not that there is anything wrong with that - those gals were were marvelous too. To my credit, I wanted to sign Linda before my first listen of a "Different Drum" was even finished. I remember telling my boss, "You're wrong. This is going to be one of the great female voices in music history." Boom. :-)''
    That is great 'intel'. Thank you for bringing some backstory to a video.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th September 2021), Aragorn (4th September 2021), Dreamtimer (7th September 2021), Lord Sidious (4th September 2021)

Thanks
    Howard Stern has had some great bands perform on his show and the sound quality is always good.

Here is Nancy Wilson, from Heart, on his show just playing parts of songs her band is famous for.

She does a decent job of singing a few phrases of songs her sister sang. That is no small feat.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th September 2021), Aragorn (4th September 2021), Dreamtimer (7th September 2021)

Thanks
    Howard Stern has had some great bands perform on his show and the sound quality is always good.

Here is Nancy Wilson, from Heart, on his show just playing parts of songs her band is famous for.

She does a decent job of singing a few phrases of songs her sister sang. That is no small feat.
    Nancy is a very talented musician and has always been a great singer, but she chose to leave the lead vocals to Ann almost all of the time. The only time she ever stepped up to the lead was in "These Dreams", a song that was actually written by a friend of the Wilson sisters. And her live rendition of the song after so many years is even better than the original recording.

This is goosebumps material...

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th September 2021), Dreamtimer (7th September 2021), modwiz (4th September 2021)

Thanks
    Robin Zander, (born two days before me in 1953) lead vocals for Cheap Trick. Also played rhythm and harmonic lead guitar. One of the best vocalist in rock, IMO. He was 63 when this show was recorded in 2016.

The band was so well composed as an ensemble and were a world class act.

Live From Daryl's House is a great way to hear some classic rock bands. Excellent production

Daryl Hall, of Hall and Oates fame, was always top notch himself as a songwriter and performer. Singing the majority of hits the duo put out. He is excellent by every measure.

However, Check out two alpha male singers 'going at it'. The first few seonds of the video and Zander's expressions while performing let one know this was a bit of a pissing match.

Best thing, it makes for great music.

Cheap Trick song "Surrender"

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtMDrKEoHOM

Here is the full show this clip came from.

Last edited by modwiz, 5th September 2021 at 07:08.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th September 2021), Aragorn (5th September 2021), Dreamtimer (7th September 2021), Fred Steeves (5th September 2021), Wind (6th September 2021)

Thanks
    Joe Walsh at Daryl's house.

Must see/listen.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th September 2021), Aragorn (5th September 2021), Dreamtimer (7th September 2021), Fred Steeves (5th September 2021), Wind (6th September 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,086 Times in 2,652 Posts
    It's cool seeing some of the old school rockers who can still get their game on. I know we're all by and large a product of our times, but at 55 now and looking back, the late 60's through the mid 90's was a golden age gone the way of the Dodo.

I like the idea of Daryl's House. Dunno if Ritchie Blackmore can still do it at 76 now, and Ronnie James Dio is off to other things, but here's one I'd love to see there as a fantasy pick:
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th September 2021), Aragorn (5th September 2021), Dreamtimer (7th September 2021), Lord Sidious (5th September 2021), modwiz (5th September 2021), Wind (6th September 2021)

Thanks
    Daryl Hall, of Hall and Oates fame, was always top notch himself as a songwriter and performer. Singing the majority of hits the duo put out. He is excellent by every measure.
    Did you know that he was invited to replace David Lee Roth in Van Halen back in 1985? Of course, as history would have it, Daryl declined, and Van Halen recruited Sammy Hagar instead.

Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Dunno if Ritchie Blackmore can still do it at 76 now [...]
    He's currently still performing and recording with Blackmore's Night, a folk-rock band he started with his current spouse, Candice Night. They're quite good.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th September 2021), Dreamtimer (7th September 2021), Fred Steeves (5th September 2021), modwiz (5th September 2021), Wind (6th September 2021)

Thanks
    Chrissie Hynde puts on a very animated performance here.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th September 2021), Aragorn (6th September 2021), Dreamtimer (7th September 2021), Wind (7th September 2021)

Thanks
    Let's all get along is a beautiful concept and one to bring into being.

Being human, in a family and socializing, can be challenging and makes getting along an effort that needs to be aspired to.

Without drama, most people do, and will, get along.

Tis a shame politics uses formulas that throw wrenches into our collective psyche.

Doesn't matter the party, they vomit their differences onto the public with ill effect.

'Nuff said.

I like getting along.
    Last edited by modwiz, 7th September 2021 at 04:13.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th September 2021), Aragorn (7th September 2021), Dreamtimer (7th September 2021), Lord Sidious (7th September 2021), Wind (7th September 2021)

Thanks
    Let's all get along is a beautiful concept and one to bring into being.

Being human, in a family and socializing, can be challenging and makes getting along an effort that needs to be aspired to.

Without drama, most people do, and will, get along.

Tis a shame politics uses formulas that throw wrenches into our collective psyche.

Doesn't matter the party, they vomit their differences onto the public with ill effect.

'Nuff said.

I like getting along.
    Amen to that!

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th September 2021), Dreamtimer (7th September 2021), modwiz (7th September 2021), Wind (7th September 2021)