Page 280 of 402 FirstFirst ... 180230270277278279280281282283290330380 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 6018

Thread: Rhosgobel Tent At TOT

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 165 Posts
    The Graham Hancock snippet just punched me in the face - a much needed punch, so I thank you for sharing. I then listened to the astrologer (who I loved and must check out more from) and could only laugh. Sometimes it's necessary to be punched back out of being wrapped up in, and overwhelmed by, the tediousness that comes with being human. And then it's hilarious and awesome to have the affirmation that you're not alone.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rebel&Rocket For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th August 2016), Aragorn (8th August 2016), Cearna (8th August 2016), Dreamtimer (9th August 2016), Elen (8th August 2016), modwiz (8th August 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Just found this Max Igan talk at the Free Your Mind Conference. He calls upon people to embrace the true Warrior Spirit, one grounded in love, the opposite of fear. He is building on much, if not all, the things we already are awake and aware of. It is time to stop looking for new infotainment and begin acting on the issues we know are in our face. Max always provides solutions and a way forward. His passion is infectious.

Posted Aug. 1, 2016
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th August 2016), Aragorn (8th August 2016), Cearna (8th August 2016), Dreamtimer (9th August 2016), Elen (8th August 2016)

Thanks
    The video I am posting here is the most fascinating material I have viewed since the Survivor video series. I do believe the narrator is Russian. I rarely struggled to make out words with his "accent". I will not even give it a summary as it would not do justice to this presentation. I am still playing with the theory he posits here about trees and mountains. I might assist a bit in saying that one of the most primitive common plants still growing is an herb called horsetail, of the genus Equisetum.

Horsetail is a member of the Equisetaceae family; the sole survivor of a line of plants going back three hundred million years. The name "horsetail", often used for the entire group, arose because the branched species somewhat resemble a horse's tail. It is a descendant of ancient plants that grew as tall as trees during the carboniferous period of prehistoric times and members of this family gave rise to many of our coal deposits.

Because of its content of silica, this plant is recommended when it is necessary for the body to repair bony tissues. Silica helps to fix calcium, so that the body can store more quantity of this mineral and then use it to repair bones, collagen and other body tissues.
    In other words, this herb in indicative of the content of 'primitive' forests. I remember from my childhood dinosaur investigation days, mention of trees that were more different than the woody types we know today. Our modern trees are a more recent evolutionary adaptation, in geological terms. That is to say in the scale of millions compared to tens or hundreds of millions years. It seems that silica and carbon changed places at some point. Therefore, a similar, though probably somewhat different, morphology with a different chemical/molecular structure.

With this preface of mine, perhaps the video might make more sense. I think this story grabs one very early on, once it gets past some introduction.

Last edited by modwiz, 8th August 2016 at 09:52.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th August 2016), Aragorn (8th August 2016), Cearna (9th August 2016), Dreamtimer (9th August 2016), RealityCreation (8th August 2016)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,605 Times in 252 Posts
    Sounds interesting Modwiz but I am not seeing a link to the video, unless it is just me for some reason.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RealityCreation For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th August 2016), Aragorn (8th August 2016), Cearna (9th August 2016), Dreamtimer (9th August 2016), Elen (8th August 2016), modwiz (8th August 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by RealityCreation View Post
    Sounds interesting Modwiz but I am not seeing a link to the video, unless it is just me for some reason.
    I have the full video in the post. Clicking it to start will then show the youtube button which you can click on to take you the the channel it is posted on. I do not add the links for that reason. It is included with the video, as stated here.

Here is the link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHkiZNT3cyE

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th August 2016), Aragorn (8th August 2016), Cearna (9th August 2016), Dreamtimer (9th August 2016), Elen (8th August 2016), RealityCreation (8th August 2016)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,605 Times in 252 Posts
    I do not know what happened as there was no video showing when I looked, just your text Modwiz.

I can see it is there now as well as your link. Thank you.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RealityCreation For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th August 2016), Aragorn (8th August 2016), Cearna (9th August 2016), Dreamtimer (9th August 2016), Elen (8th August 2016), modwiz (8th August 2016)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    The video I am posting here is the most fascinating material I have viewed since the Survivor video series. I do believe the narrator is Russian. I rarely struggled to make out words with his "accent". I will not even give it a summary as it would not do justice to this presentation. I am still playing with the theory he posits here about trees and mountains. I might assist a bit in saying that one of the most primitive common plants still growing is an herb called horsetail, of the genus Equisetum.

In other words, this herb in indicative of the content of 'primitive' forests. I remember from my childhood dinosaur investigation days, mention of trees that were more different than the woody types we know today. Our modern trees are a more recent evolutionary adaptation, in geological terms. That is to say in the scale of millions compared to tens or hundreds of millions years. It seems that silica and carbon changed places at some point. Therefore, a similar, though probably somewhat different, morphology with a different chemical/molecular structure.

With this preface of mine, perhaps the video might make more sense. I think this story grabs one very early on, once it gets past some introduction.

My goodness modwiz, that was so surprisingly interesting. I had no idea that those mountaintops where indeed TREES. Great find and thank you for posting it!

Further, we must withhold our final judgment for another day, there are aspects that need discernment (I'm not sure), did he actually mean that the Earth is flat?

Last edited by Elen, 8th August 2016 at 16:25. Reason: added text

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th August 2016), Aragorn (8th August 2016), Cearna (9th August 2016), modwiz (8th August 2016)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts

There are no forests on earth! (ENGLISH VOICEOVER)

Here's another version of the same video with an English voiceover that makes it easier to follow, and she, DITRH doesn't call it flat Earth this time, so who knows. I hope you don't mind modwiz.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th August 2016), Aragorn (8th August 2016), Cearna (9th August 2016), Dreamtimer (9th August 2016), modwiz (8th August 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    My goodness modwiz, that was so surprisingly interesting. I had no idea that those mountaintops where indeed TREES. Great find and thank you for posting it!
    Are mountains indeed trees? Really I am NOT convinced mountains were trees?

After listened to the Russian videographer, I am glad he has a creative mind and is able to receive attention for his hypothesis. Others like me have the hypothesis that the earth grows by taking in energy and creating more bulk. This may or may not have any bearing at all on present experience and yet can fascinate. I love my pet hypotheses of the moment and longer.

Hypothesis such as there is no master over me and you REALLY.
    (as I hypothesize that in a consciousness field where I AM the point of awareness, the very notion of mastery is the very elusive goal we set BY ourselves FOR ourselves. Projection of its elusiveness therefore appearing foreign)

I also hypothesize that we will be seeing a plethora of accusations against the purported lying Cabal (that always slippery entity running before us wraith-like)

Another hypothesis is that patterns repeat like stumps (and many stumps are naturally splintered such as when hit by lightning), LOOKING like weathered mountains. Fractality is an alternate explanation of similar appearance.

Another hypothesis: that people will possibly lose their minds over the inability to pin down everything neatly. The problem of what is true will be splintering and then weathering like a mountain of terrorized alienation UNTIL with no resolution at all in MAYA's web of fabrication >>>>>>>>>>>.

What if the most basic shape of EVERY THING we THINK is like a sphere that grows ginormus then pops..... a bubble collapsed under its own weight.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th August 2016), Aragorn (8th August 2016), Cearna (9th August 2016), Dreamtimer (9th August 2016), Elen (9th August 2016), modwiz (8th August 2016), PurpleLama (9th August 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    Are mountains indeed trees? Really I am NOT convinced mountains were trees?

After listened to the Russian videographer, I am glad he has a creative mind and is able to receive attention for his hypothesis. Others like me have the hypothesis that the earth grows by taking in energy and creating more bulk. This may or may not have any bearing at all on present experience and yet can fascinate. I love my pet hypotheses of the moment and longer.

Hypothesis such as there is no master over me and you REALLY.
    (as I hypothesize that in a consciousness field where I AM the point of awareness, the very notion of mastery is the very elusive goal we set BY ourselves FOR ourselves. Projection of its elusiveness therefore appearing foreign)

I also hypothesize that we will be seeing a plethora of accusations against the purported lying Cabal (that always slippery entity running before us wraith-like)

Another hypothesis is that patterns repeat like stumps (and many stumps are naturally splintered such as when hit by lightning), LOOKING like weathered mountains. Fractality is an alternate explanation of similar appearance.

Another hypothesis: that people will possibly lose their minds over the inability to pin down everything neatly. The problem of what is true will be splintering and then weathering like a mountain of terrorized alienation UNTIL with no resolution at all in MAYA's web of fabrication >>>>>>>>>>>.

What if the most basic shape of EVERY THING we THINK is like a sphere that grows ginormus then pops..... a bubble collapsed under its own weight.
    I hear it as a theory to consider. When I take other theories like the expanding Earth, a theory with sound science behind it, mountain formation according to regular explanations is problematic. This new theory dovetails nicely with the expanding Earth theory. Given the sciences track record regarding our more distant past history, almost any other reasonable explanation is well worth my consideration.

Clif High has explained the expanding Earth theory with good clarity and reason that fits the scientific thought and models I work with.

Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post

Further, we must withhold our final judgment for another day, there are aspects that need discernment (I'm not sure), did he actually mean that the Earth is flat?

I think his meaning of flat had to do with the scraping flat, and not its planetary shape.
    Last edited by modwiz, 9th August 2016 at 11:57.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th August 2016), Aragorn (8th August 2016), Cearna (9th August 2016), Dreamtimer (9th August 2016), Elen (9th August 2016)

Thanks
    When I take other theories like the expanding Earth, a theory with sound science behind it, mountain formation according to regular explanations is problematic.
    I am tempted to wonder about your understanding of the issues with mountain formation? I am satisfied that surging of liquid magma, crustal folding and impact of force can cause upwelling of material in a long OR ABRUPT GEOLOGIC moment.
    If it suits you to think the giant trees are responsible for mountain creation, I am not going to seek an argument.

My retrot-imetravel machine is still broken so I just do not know.
    In the meantime, if you get stuck on a very small planet, watch out for the baobobs...they can become uncontrollable.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th August 2016), Aragorn (8th August 2016), Cearna (9th August 2016), Dreamtimer (9th August 2016), Elen (9th August 2016), modwiz (8th August 2016), PurpleLama (9th August 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,142 Times in 20,323 Posts
    I hear it as a theory to consider. When I take other theories like the expanding Earth, a theory with sound science behind it, mountain formation according to regular explanations is problematic. [...]
    I am tempted to wonder about your understanding of the issues with mountain formation? I am satisfied that surging of liquid magma, crustal folding and impact of force can cause upwelling of material in a long OR ABRUPT GEOLOGIC moment.
    If it suits you to think the giant trees are responsible for mountain creation, I am not going to seek an argument. [...]
    The Expanding Earth theory doesn't necessarily have to contradict the established and scientifically accepted principles behind mountain formation, provided that Earth would not be expanding across its entire crust, but rather only at one or two specific sets of geographical coordinates — e.g. under the oceans. As such, this expansion would still be driving the continents apart and could still give rise — no pun intended — to mountain formation along the scientifically accepted principles.

The claim that mountains would actually be trees is not new, and in my opinion, about as valid as the Flat Earth theory. In other words, it's either deliberate misinformation, intended to keep people chasing their own tails while making complete idiots of themselves in the process — thereby also offering mainstream society a convenient excuse for dismissing the actual conspiracies and cover-ups with prejudice — or else it's a theory from someone who's been smoking too much pot, drinking too much ayahuasca, or eating too many magic mushrooms. Or any combination of the aforementioned hallucinogens.

Anyone who knows a thing or two about chemistry, biology and geology knows that this claim is ludicrous. Not that I wish to claim omniscience, but I happen to be fairly well versed on account of those three scientific disciplines — through understanding, not through dogma, I might add.

There, I've gone and elegantly created peace between the two of you again.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th August 2016), Cearna (9th August 2016), Dreamtimer (9th August 2016), Elen (9th August 2016), Maggie (9th August 2016), modwiz (8th August 2016), PurpleLama (9th August 2016), Wind (9th August 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    The Expanding Earth theory doesn't necessarily have to contradict the established and scientifically accepted principles behind mountain formation, provided that Earth would not be expanding across its entire crust, but rather only at one or two specific sets of geographical coordinates — e.g. under the oceans. As such, this expansion would still be driving the continents apart and could still give rise — no pun intended — to mountain formation along the scientifically accepted principles.

The claim that mountains would actually be trees is not new, and in my opinion, about as valid as the Flat Earth theory. In other words, it's either deliberate misinformation, intended to keep people chasing their own tails while make complete idiots of themselves in the process — thereby also offering mainstream society a convenient excuse for dismissing the actual conspiracies and cover-ups with prejudice — or else it's a theory from someone who's been smoking too much pot, drinking too much ayahuasca, or eating too many magic mushrooms. Or any combination of the aforementioned hallucinogens.

Anyone who knows a thing or two about chemistry, biology and geology knows that this claim is bogus. Not that I wish to claim omniscience, but I happen to be fairly well versed on account of those three sciences — through understanding, not through dogma, I might add.

I will reiterate, that I am entertaining a new theory. I am playing with it and giving it consideration. Having spent a full year studying geology I am well aware of the scientific theories and they worked well for me. I was disregarding the basalt hexagonal crystals as tree cells until he showed what appears to be the fascia or cell wall of organic things peeling from the "basalt crystals". That little piece made me be willing to at least consider the concept.

I need to make it clear I am not 'buying' this theory. I am looking at it and seeing how well it sits. Also, I did not hear him posit a flat Earth theory as it is commonly understood by too many. I understood it as being scraped flat of the original majesty of truly old growth forests. Yggdrasil comes to mind here.

If it suits you to think the giant trees are responsible for mountain creation, I am not going to seek an argument.

My retrot-imetravel machine is still broken so I just do not know.
    In the meantime, if you get stuck on a very small planet, watch out for the baobobs...they can become uncontrollable.
    The expanding Earth theory makes sense to me. So, subduction and continents colliding becomes part of the problem with classical geology as I spent a year learning in high school. I opted for geology in lieu of physics. You speak to me like I have accepted the points made, rather than a thoughtful consideration of them. Why does a thoughtful persons musings plug you in so?
    Last edited by modwiz, 9th August 2016 at 11:58.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th August 2016), Aragorn (8th August 2016), Cearna (9th August 2016), Dreamtimer (9th August 2016), Elen (9th August 2016), PurpleLama (9th August 2016)

Thanks

I am happy to have even a somewhat contentious dialogue in the Tent. The science behind geology, as we know it, has sat well with me for decades. Also, the many silly ideas popping up in the alternative community are well worth applying discernment to.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th August 2016), Aragorn (8th August 2016), Cearna (9th August 2016), Dreamtimer (9th August 2016), Elen (9th August 2016)

Thanks

The claim that mountains would actually be trees is not new, and in my opinion, about as valid as the Flat Earth theory. In other words, it's either deliberate misinformation, intended to keep people chasing their own tails while make complete idiots of themselves in the process — thereby also offering mainstream society a convenient excuse for dismissing the actual conspiracies and cover-ups with prejudice — or else it's a theory from someone who's been smoking too much pot, drinking too much ayahuasca, or eating too many magic mushrooms. Or any combination of the aforementioned hallucinogens.

Anyone who knows a thing or two about chemistry, biology and geology knows that this claim is ludicrous. Not that I wish to claim omniscience, but I happen to be fairly well versed on account of those three scientific disciplines — through understanding, not through dogma, I might add.

I did not consider what I wrote as being contentious or with a lack of peace but maybe it came across as such?
    The Knights who say Ni must have their shubbery.....

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZvsGdJP3ng

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th August 2016), Aragorn (9th August 2016), Cearna (9th August 2016), Dreamtimer (9th August 2016), Elen (9th August 2016), modwiz (9th August 2016), PurpleLama (9th August 2016)