Page 19 of 402 FirstFirst ... 9161718192021222969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhosgobel Tent At TOT

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,398 Times in 3,150 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    You might be better served by a nap. Could get quiet here real quick. Happens most every day.

Unless Sooz arrives.
    You rang?

You can always count on me here when the rest of you are snoozing. Don't worry I'm used to talking to myself, lol...

I'll be back later with a pot of curry. (Judging by the conversation I may have to hide my knives)

Carry on, don't mind me...

Edit: Just to clarify for new members, I am in Australia, southern hemisphere. When you lot up there in the northern hemisphere are awake, I am asleep.

When you are asleep, I am awake.
    Last edited by Sooz, 1st February 2014 at 12:20.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (1st February 2014), Calabash (1st February 2014), Frances (1st February 2014), modwiz (1st February 2014), Moonlight (1st February 2014), PurpleLama (1st February 2014), Seikou-Kishi (1st February 2014), Spiral (1st February 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Uh oh.

With Sooz and 1inmany posting in the same thread, the rest of us may welll be out numbered.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

1inMany (1st February 2014), Frances (1st February 2014), modwiz (1st February 2014), Moonlight (1st February 2014), Seikou-Kishi (1st February 2014), Sooz (1st February 2014), Spiral (1st February 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    In Alaska, proper wolves are called timber wolves and coyotes are called bush wolves.

The Medicine cards have Wolf as Teacher and Coyote as Trickster.

Trickster and Mercury align. Thoth, giver of wisdom and writing, in brief, also known as Hermes(Greek Mercury)Trismestigus.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Frances (1st February 2014), Moonlight (1st February 2014), PurpleLama (1st February 2014), Seikou-Kishi (1st February 2014)

Senior Member United States 1inMany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,248 Times in 378 Posts
    In Alaska, proper wolves are called timber wolves and coyotes are called bush wolves.

The Medicine cards have Wolf as Teacher and Coyote as Trickster.

Trickster and Mercury align. Thoth, giver of wisdom and writing, in brief, also known as Hermes(Greek Mercury)Trismestigus.
    I have also heard that Coyote as teacher shows one the quickest route. Whether one likes it or not.

But..what does Thoth have to do with Wolf and Coyote? I don't know anything about Thoth, but even in your post you give no clues. All Animals are givers of wisdom, so I can't follow the connection.

(Sorry, I tried to sit over here not saying anything, and that just isn't working for me.)

Wait. I think I've got it. Mercury, the planet also carries Trickster energy, right? So, Thoth/Hermes/Greek Mercury would have also carried these characteristics. How am I doing here? That's the connection. I think.

This is exactly why I always have a dictionary and google at the ready.

Last edited by 1inMany, 1st February 2014 at 02:41.
    Do not fashion me a maiden who needs saving from the dragons. I am the Dragon. And I will eat you whole.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 1inMany For This Useful Post:

Frances (1st February 2014), modwiz (1st February 2014), Moonlight (1st February 2014), Seikou-Kishi (1st February 2014), Spiral (1st February 2014)

Eelco
    Ronin.

I think Modwiz was very kind to view your presence as a chalange in hospitality.
    Others also have kindly asked and hinted at the fact that the way you ask your questions and phrase your answers could be viewed as inconsiderate and rude.

When you say you ask questions to compare them with what you know.
    Why not allow what you know to come through, so a meaningfull dialoge or pleasant conversation can emerge.

What you are doing now, here and in other threads I might add is ruffling my feathers.
    And giving me visions of trolls????

You know the Ronin concept is often misunderstood and most ronin in feudal Japan did not survive very long contrary to popular belief.
    Especially if they behaved in ways that were considered disrespectfull. Which in my view you do.

Anyway leaving this with you to do with what you like.

WIth Love
    Eelco

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Eelco For This Useful Post:

Frances (1st February 2014), modwiz (1st February 2014), Seikou-Kishi (1st February 2014), Sooz (1st February 2014), Spiral (1st February 2014)

Eelco
    Quote Originally posted by ronin View Post
    cannot remember seeing any clear questions.
    but if you have any answers to our being as to why,how what?
    and the meaning of life.
    please post.
    The meaning of life..
    Shut up and listen....
    basically.

Why? So we may learn to understand without imposing our idea's on what is.
    How? Sit . observe and learn to discern what is and what is an overlay of mind.
    What? That which connects us all. Could be a flow experience could also be so much MORE

With Love
    Eelco
    Last edited by Eelco, 1st February 2014 at 04:10.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eelco For This Useful Post:

Frances (1st February 2014), modwiz (1st February 2014), Sooz (1st February 2014), Spiral (1st February 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Sorry, epic fail in trying to post an image of an owl with ruffled feathers, LOL!

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (1st February 2014), Calz (1st February 2014), Frances (1st February 2014), Spiral (1st February 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,070 Times in 1,329 Posts
    Is this one ruffled enough Sooz???

Last edited by Calz, 1st February 2014 at 06:47.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (1st February 2014), Frances (1st February 2014), modwiz (1st February 2014), Seikou-Kishi (1st February 2014), Sooz (1st February 2014), Spiral (1st February 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,564 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Calz View Post
    Is this one ruffled enought Sooz???

You're a handsome devil, Calz ;-P

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

1inMany (1st February 2014), Calz (1st February 2014), Frances (1st February 2014), modwiz (1st February 2014), Sooz (1st February 2014), Spiral (1st February 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Yep Calz, that was pretty close to the one I wanted! Thanks!

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (1st February 2014), Calz (1st February 2014), Frances (1st February 2014), modwiz (1st February 2014), Spiral (1st February 2014)

Eelco
    so Sooz,

in my affliction of trying to find some meaning everywhere..
    What does an owl with ruffled feathers mean to you?

With love
    Eelco
    Who currently exploring the idea of being a cranky wanne be wise old geezer.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eelco For This Useful Post:

Frances (1st February 2014), modwiz (1st February 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Eelco View Post
    so Sooz,

in my affliction of trying to find some meaning everywhere..
    What does an owl with ruffled feathers mean to you?

With love
    Eelco
    Who currently exploring the idea of being a cranky wanne be wise old geezer.
    Hi Eelco,

My meaning was an 'owl' is a wise one.

And you said you felt your feathers ruffled. So I just imaged in my mind an owl with ruffled feathers.

Meaning, a wise person who was getting a bit cranky. Nothing more, nothing less. Just an observation.

I liked it....

Sooz

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Frances (1st February 2014), modwiz (1st February 2014), Moonlight (1st February 2014), Seikou-Kishi (1st February 2014)

Fred Steeves
    Lucid dreaming developed naturally for me. It began when I broke the cycle of a recurring bad dream that would awaken me from sleep. It was always me on some remote, towering precipice just there with no path down. How I got there was never part of the dream. I would find my self, complete with vertigo from the height, just clinging for dear life. This terror always ended with me waking up. This would occur until the breakthrough.....
    Interesting, I used to have about the exact same recurring bad dream. Was going to comment on it last evening but the flow of conversation was not there. I don't recall what broke that particular dream cycle. Could have been the lucid dream/flying thing, but I'm thinking that didn't come about til further down the road.

There was another one very similar as well that didn't involve heights, but a "place". A situation in life, a very dark time that I thought I had escaped 20 years ago. It would always start by finding myself right back in the thick of things again. Like the Hotel California, you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave. As the years piled on of this Chinese water torture, it finally began to sink into my thick head that something there was demanding to be dealt with, a re-examination if you will.

It was not at all an enjoyable re-examination, as it involved looking into that old mirror. The final conclusion was humbling, but also quite liberating. I had spent all those years blaming the situation and the people involved, but I was the one who had willingly entered into it in the first place, and the only problem was me trying to make it what I thought it should be, not roll with the way that it already was.

The dream cycle ceased at long last upon that realization and admittance.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

1inMany (1st February 2014), Frances (1st February 2014), modwiz (1st February 2014), Moonlight (1st February 2014), PurpleLama (1st February 2014), Seikou-Kishi (1st February 2014), Sooz (1st February 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    I often lucid dream....it's my escape route when having a bad dream. Not that I have them a lot, but when I do, it seems I'm always in that state, no matter how deep I'm sleeping, if things start going to ****, I say to myself, OK, this is a dream and I'm going to change the outcome.

Then I sort of come awake a bit, but still asleep, adjust my mind and go in another direction.

Actually did this a couple of nights ago and it turned out very nicely!

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (1st February 2014), Frances (1st February 2014), modwiz (1st February 2014), Moonlight (1st February 2014), Seikou-Kishi (1st February 2014)

Senior Member United States 1inMany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,248 Times in 378 Posts
    I wonder how one would distinguish between the types of dreams that are experiences and the types of dreams one would wish to become lucid within. I've had some dreams here lately that were real doozies. But with some help interpreting them, I realize they carried heavy symbolism. And they showed me what is going on, right now, in my life in a way that got my attention. So, I am wondering...if I had become lucid in those dreams, would I have gotten the message offered? Some very disturbing dreams I have had proved to be experiences elsewhere. I wonder what I would have done if I had become lucid in those...would my human mind have been able to deal with those situations?

There have been those dreams from which I woke with a start, and in a sweat, and terrified. And I have learned to stay in the half-awake half-asleep state and continue the experience until I shift the outcome. I wonder if this actually does anything though.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Always learning, I am...
    Do not fashion me a maiden who needs saving from the dragons. I am the Dragon. And I will eat you whole.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 1inMany For This Useful Post:

Frances (1st February 2014), modwiz (1st February 2014), Moonlight (1st February 2014), PurpleLama (1st February 2014), Seikou-Kishi (1st February 2014), Sooz (1st February 2014)