Page 105 of 402 FirstFirst ... 55595102103104105106107108115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 6018

Thread: Rhosgobel Tent At TOT

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Good post here, WF. There is always a reason for war for some reason but, that paradigm is changing and the Anglo/American axis is the misanthropic actor on the world stage for all to see. All but those who for whatever reason cannot see it. In certain cases it hearkens back to a saying by Mark Twain that I will paraphrase here. "You cannot expect a person to see a problem that their job depends upon not seeing".

Seeing it or not, the Anglo/American axis is a wounded beast and it is a result of it falling on its own sword. At the very least it has been 'hoisted on its own petard'.iggy:

This is sad. For the world and the obnoxious countries citizens. We all deserve better and voices are rising (with awareness) to declare it. A little louder and we will have lift off, IMO.
    Last edited by modwiz, 5th March 2014 at 16:30.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (7th March 2014), BabaRa (5th March 2014), Calabash (5th March 2014), Calz (6th March 2014), Cearna (7th March 2014), Curt (6th March 2014), eaglespirit (5th March 2014), Frances (6th March 2014), Moonlight (8th March 2014), PurpleLama (5th March 2014)

Eelco
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    This sad. For the world and the obnoxious countries citizens. We all deserve better and voices are rising (with awareness) to declare it. A little louder and we will have lift off, IMO.
    I so very much hope so.....
    Still on how to create the better world...
    I feel that people who don't see that there is a way out will keep grasping the handouts and so called hard won rights.

One person at a time until manny manny are opened enough...
    One sparkle of hope... On the retreat I was in the top 3 of oldies.. All the other participants I'd seen were in there twenties...
    On some buddhist forums and podcast i listen to a much talked about topic is the lack of influx of young people.
    I was verry verry exited and happy to see so manny youngsters there.

With Love
    Eelco

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Eelco For This Useful Post:

1inMany (7th March 2014), BabaRa (5th March 2014), Calabash (5th March 2014), Calz (6th March 2014), Cearna (7th March 2014), eaglespirit (5th March 2014), Frances (6th March 2014), modwiz (5th March 2014), Moonlight (8th March 2014), PurpleLama (5th March 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

1inMany (7th March 2014), BabaRa (7th March 2014), Calabash (5th March 2014), Calz (6th March 2014), Cearna (7th March 2014), eaglespirit (5th March 2014), Frances (6th March 2014), modwiz (5th March 2014), Moonlight (6th March 2014), ronin (9th March 2014)

Thanks
    That is a good read.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (7th March 2014), BabaRa (7th March 2014), Calabash (5th March 2014), Calz (6th March 2014), Cearna (7th March 2014), eaglespirit (5th March 2014), Frances (6th March 2014), Moonlight (6th March 2014), PurpleLama (5th March 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    I believe I spoke earlier in the thread, actually it may have been one of BabaRa's, of having an experience of "learning a lesson", karmically/spiritually speaking, upon reading a text, and that was it. I did not realize the text was on the ARE blog, but someone at PA posted it this morning. With that reading, I came full circle with the lesson around suicide, and have not had it in my experience since. It was nice to revisit all these years later, I wonder though, if it will pass muster with our friend ronin.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

1inMany (7th March 2014), BabaRa (7th March 2014), Calabash (5th March 2014), Calz (6th March 2014), Cearna (7th March 2014), eaglespirit (5th March 2014), Frances (6th March 2014), modwiz (5th March 2014), Moonlight (6th March 2014), ronin (5th March 2014)

Thanks
    I have to post this video again. It is not so much about what frequency a note is but, that there is an organic a matrix and it has a grid. This grid has resonance points based on intervals both linear and geometric. These resonance points correspond to specific frequencies. Frequencies not in the grid are disharmonic. They clash and make dischordant vibrations with Nature.

If the material presented in the video is understood, one will see this.

I will share my thoughts on the note the Moon seems to represent and what that does to the F#Major chord that is revealed to be the base 'key' of organic 3-D existence, at another time.

Last edited by modwiz, 6th March 2014 at 11:10.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (7th March 2014), BabaRa (7th March 2014), Calabash (6th March 2014), Calz (6th March 2014), Cearna (7th March 2014), Curt (6th March 2014), eaglespirit (6th March 2014), Frances (6th March 2014), Highland1 (7th March 2014), Moonlight (8th March 2014)

Eelco
    Integration nearly complete.
    nicotine and cafeine levels back to normal.
    alcohol level still waay below.
    Understanding through the roof and mysterious Love energy pervading and saturating ALL that is..

With love
    eelco

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Eelco For This Useful Post:

1inMany (7th March 2014), BabaRa (7th March 2014), Calabash (7th March 2014), Calz (8th March 2014), Cearna (7th March 2014), Curt (7th March 2014), eaglespirit (7th March 2014), Frances (7th March 2014), modwiz (7th March 2014), Moonlight (8th March 2014), PurpleLama (7th March 2014)

Retired Member Haiti
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,813 Times in 895 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Eelco View Post
    Understanding through the roof and mysterious Love energy pervading and saturating ALL that is..
    eelco
    Quick Eelco- tell us everything before it wears off and the veil comes down again . . . .

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Calabash For This Useful Post:

1inMany (7th March 2014), BabaRa (7th March 2014), Calz (8th March 2014), eaglespirit (7th March 2014), Frances (7th March 2014), modwiz (7th March 2014), Moonlight (8th March 2014)

Senior Member United States 1inMany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,248 Times in 378 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Calabash View Post
    Quick Eelco- tell us everything before it wears off and the veil comes down again . . . .
    And wouldn't it just be amazing if the veil would stop that slamming back down?
    Do not fashion me a maiden who needs saving from the dragons. I am the Dragon. And I will eat you whole.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to 1inMany For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (7th March 2014), Calabash (7th March 2014), Calz (8th March 2014), eaglespirit (7th March 2014), Frances (7th March 2014), modwiz (7th March 2014), Moonlight (8th March 2014)

Eelco
    Ok the good stuff. well some of it anyway.

Again like the sages say words can't really describe it. And even though that sounds myserious end cryptic it is really true in the moment.
    For example.
    When haveing breakfast mindfully with 7 other retreatants you acknowledge putting(vork in food), lifting (vork moving towards mouth), turning (slowly truning the fork in propper direction facing mouth), seeing (looking at the food), opening (mout), entering(fork enters mouth), closing( mouth) , feeling (food), chewing....etc.

At that point I looked around the table. seeing people do the same and in the moment someone smiled silently at his inner experience and my hart just burst open with joy and love for that person who I never talked to..

Another of thos experiences where at breakfast someone was radiating happiness and her eyes just darted across the table full of wonder, joy and exitement..(I later realized she just came out of her 3 days of determination) and again I my heart just bursted open with joy..

How can you explain that. Its a feeling I am sure everyone has had at some point or another. It intricically emerges as a natural state when one is in that special almost sacred space of now. And The theravadan buddhists are right i.m.o it is attainable. and with some practice faith in the dhamma emerges, just because one can see the causes and effects leading to experiences of silent joy.

Now I am not a stream enterer. At least it is not for me to say yet.. I do know that seeing how the stories of the mind shape and misconstrue reality to some future fantasy or misconstrued perception of past experience. I don't think that that insight will be closed by the veil again. That is not to say i don't get angry or annoyed anymore. these few days at home have proven that to me allready. It just makes it easier to see what happens. acknowledge it and move along from moment to moment. through the anger, some of the pain and through the joy and beauty also. they both arise and pass away. and where i used to want to change the bad to good or hold on to the good if it was there. It is utterly non-self meaning uncontrollable and they come and go....

ANother example. a retreatant eating his breakfast as a glutton. The first few days my mind judged an I was feeling heavy and in dismay because of the way he ate. then one morning i noticed the heavier feeling just weren't there and a heartfelt "Bon Appetit, enjoy your breakfast" rose up within..
    Now thats magic... its not me, its impermanent and it will never satisfy for more than a moment..
    If however i can stay in that eternal ever changing moment every moment anew and again. that magic is always there. ready to enchant, embrace, love and be filled with magic

With Love
    Eelco

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Eelco For This Useful Post:

1inMany (7th March 2014), BabaRa (7th March 2014), Calabash (7th March 2014), Calz (8th March 2014), eaglespirit (7th March 2014), Frances (7th March 2014), modwiz (7th March 2014), Moonlight (8th March 2014), PurpleLama (7th March 2014), Sooz (8th March 2014)

Fred Steeves
    When I first began meditating Eelco, late 90's I think it was, this line from Alan Watts whom I had just been introduced to was of tremendous help and inspiration.

"The past is a memory, the future an expectation. Neither past nor future actually exists, there is simply eternal now".

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

1inMany (7th March 2014), BabaRa (7th March 2014), Calabash (7th March 2014), Calz (8th March 2014), eaglespirit (7th March 2014), Frances (7th March 2014), modwiz (7th March 2014), Moonlight (8th March 2014), PurpleLama (7th March 2014), Sooz (8th March 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,470 Times in 981 Posts
    I have to post this video again. It is not so much about what frequency a note is but, that there is an organic a matrix and it has a grid. This grid has resonance points based on intervals both linear and geometric. These resonance points correspond to specific frequencies. Frequencies not in the grid are disharmonic. They clash and make dischordant vibrations with Nature.

If the material presented in the video is understood, one will see this.

I will share my thoughts on the note the Moon seems to represent and what that does to the F#Major chord that is revealed to be the base 'key' of organic 3-D existence, at another time.

Awesome video with potentially the answer to everything hidden in plain sight.
    As I watched the geometric shapes change like a kaleidoscope towards the end of the video, I noticed it was totally synchronised with my breathing.
    I deliberately tried to change my breathing pattern but everything still seemed in exact time, each shape expanding and contracting in harmony with my inhalation and exhalation.
    I would love to know more in regards to what note the moon represents in relation to F#Major chord please Modz?

Regards

Russ

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Highland1 For This Useful Post:

1inMany (7th March 2014), BabaRa (7th March 2014), Calabash (7th March 2014), Calz (8th March 2014), eaglespirit (7th March 2014), Frances (7th March 2014), modwiz (7th March 2014), Moonlight (8th March 2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Highland1 View Post
    I would love to know more in regards to what note the moon represents in relation to F#Major chord please Modz?

Regards

Russ
    To answer this question properly, it needs to be prefaced a bit or it will make no sense. Many musicians do not know music theory, so it would follow that non-musicians would need orienting to the subject.

The various geometric shapes and Platonic solids all yielded one of three notes. These notes formed a F#major chord. Three notes define a basic major or minor chord. When the various angle sums were divided into either the diameter or circumference of the Earth the same chord is produced.

The Moon yielded an 'A' 432 note when a pentagon was divided into its diameter. The F# and C# are there (The root and perfect fift notes, respectively) The video does not pick up on this minor third aspect of the Moon. Furthermore the Moon has a diameter of 2160 miles. Lose the zero and we get 216, the frequency of 'A' an octave below 432. (216 is half of 432). So the Moon resonates an F#minor chord in relation to the geometric forms. The Moon's diameter is an 'A' note.

So, my 'take away' from this explains the somber and chaotic energy of a Full Moon when the amplitude wave forms properly. The minor chord is, or can be, reflective, moody, morose, dramatic or impassioned. To try and find some descriptors.

Major chords are, bright, strident, cheery and uplifting.

So we have these two variations of a F# chord, the major and the minor. During the Full Moon we not only get a big blast of minor chord, we get the minor note clashing with the major note. This is a dis-harmonic and it will effect us at some level. Especially at our watery level where the vibrations will cause dis-harmonic 'ripples'.

I made this as readable as possible. Music theory is a separate language.
    Last edited by modwiz, 7th March 2014 at 20:26.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (7th March 2014), BabaRa (7th March 2014), Calabash (9th March 2014), Calz (8th March 2014), eaglespirit (7th March 2014), Highland1 (8th March 2014), Moonlight (8th March 2014), norman (7th March 2014), PurpleLama (7th March 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,684 Times in 1,382 Posts

The Moon yielded an 'A' 432 note when a pentagon was divided into its diameter. The F# and C# are there (The root and perfect fift notes, respectively) The video does not pick up on this minor third aspect of the Moon. Furthermore the Moon has a diameter of 2160 miles. Lose the zero and we get 216, the frequency of 'A' an octave below 432. (216 is half of 432). So the Moon resonates an F#minor chord in relation to the geometric forms. The Moon's diameter is an 'A' note.

So, my 'take away'

I'm definitely a minor key kind of guy.

My problem with these kinds of interpretations is that I cannot find a solid enough reason why the interpreters use the measures they use. I run into this with numerologists a lot too. I've heard masses of numerological treatise all based on a system of using base 10 as the number system. When I suggest that base ten is only arbitrary and therefore invalidates everything they've just said, I get sidelined and ignored, or worse.

When someone refers to the diameters and orbits of planetary bodies etc using meters or miles or degrees or whatever, as soon as the numbers are adopted and reasoned with to validate something or other, my serious studentship falls apart.

There are only 2 numbers I can relate to that are universal regardless of cultural/intellectual practices. Those are 1 and Zero. I can quite reasonably work with divisions of 1 as far as anyone can count, but there will always have to be a proportional relationship the one whole one. Fractions make sense to me, arbitrary measurements do not.

Minor thirds or major thirds, or whatever harmonic relationships, make sense to me. They are all derived from ONE. The ONE that's the root.

Now, can someone translate all that into cosmic geometry for me, without ever using an arbitrary scale of measurement?

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Useful Post:

1inMany (7th March 2014), BabaRa (7th March 2014), Calabash (9th March 2014), Calz (8th March 2014), eaglespirit (8th March 2014), Highland1 (8th March 2014), modwiz (7th March 2014), Moonlight (8th March 2014), PurpleLama (7th March 2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by norman View Post
    Now, can someone translate all that into cosmic geometry for me, without ever using an arbitrary scale of measurement?
    That would be good but, it's not me.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (7th March 2014), BabaRa (7th March 2014), Calabash (9th March 2014), Calz (8th March 2014), eaglespirit (8th March 2014), Highland1 (8th March 2014), Moonlight (8th March 2014), norman (7th March 2014)