Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's a White Man's World, You Just Live in It

Eelco
    Quote Originally posted by Seikou-Kishi View Post
    Find me a British person who hasn't heard of Trayvon Martin. Now find me an American person who has heard of Mark Duggan. Like I said, all one way.

Who's Trayvon? Then again I'm Dutch so I don't care period..

WIth Love
    Eelco

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eelco For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (10th January 2014)

Retired Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 220 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Eelco View Post
    Who's Trayvon? Then again I'm Dutch so I don't care period..

WIth Love
    Eelco
    This is the case in the US I spoke about in my post. It's sad you don't care period..
    This man shot and killed an innocent boy who had nothing more than a package of skittles in his pocket.

Another black child killed and murderer claimed innocent through the broken court of law.

This man, who killed him obviously abused this young teen, and felt threatened that he was going to tell the truth. The man accused is a pervert. He abused this boy and was afraid of the truth coming out. He killed him in cold blood.

And, got away with it..
    Sadder than the crime itself, is the walk to fame this man who murdered him is now selling his art wort in USA for up to $150 thousand dollars ...

Not to mention the assaults he's had after the trail..

Like Ollie said, it's a white man's world .

Crap like these people, is why why I don't consider myself "white"..
    I
    May look it, but ashamed of it... And well, I'm not not. F'n crackers!!!
    Same ****~ different pile... Or maybe not, eh?

Just a note Eelco... If you don't care period... Why do you ask?
    I'm just wondering ... I'm native Canadian, French, welsh, norse, Ukrainian, polish & chechloslavic...
    But maybe that's right, if I was maybe Dutch, maybe I just wouldn't care either... Gawd I wish I was Dutch

Much love,

A cheeky bird XO
    Last edited by Chickadee, 10th January 2014 at 05:08.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chickadee For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (10th January 2014), Calz (10th January 2014), Seikou-Kishi (10th January 2014), Spiral (10th January 2014)

Eelco
    Quote Originally posted by Chickadee View Post
    It's sad you don't care period..
    It is isn't it, luckily it isn't a true statement.
    As I guess is the same for many people who just can't be asked to keep track of all the appaling mishaps in this world.

I'm sorry SK, but it's not a one way thing i believe, We've had shootings like that in the netherlands of which I would be surprised if anyone outside or even inside holland still remembers. (2009 riots on the beach anyone).
    As I am sure there are more cop unpunished killings happening in Amerika that we don't know about either.

Each case its appaling. But being fed enough of them people go num. Like I said. I dose myself on news because I just cannot stomach too much of it.
    I'm sorry I wasn't more supportive SK when you broke the story on ToT. I think I know where you were and that is not a fun state to be in.
    The world at that point seems unfair, misarable, completely bonkers and one feels powerless to do abything about it. Thats what I am imagining anyways...

With Love
    Eelco

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eelco For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (10th January 2014), Calz (10th January 2014), Seikou-Kishi (10th January 2014), Spiral (10th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,070 Times in 1,329 Posts
    SK I am really sorry for steering your thread elsewhere.

Your point(s) about global focus have validity.

Myself I never watch television (except for dvd movies) and get most my "news" from alt news sources (roll the dice and use great discretion) or else forums (same advice).

I check in with mainstream online news on occasion simply to see what the system is trying foist upon the masses as that helps to understand things.

Police being called into *possible* lines of fire I can see some justification and understanding if split second decisions need to be made.

Yes police tampering with "evidence" happens all too frequently ... but consider walking in their shoes and being put in those types of circumstances on a very regular basis ...

Latest story from the states is a mentally handicapped teen was shot to death by the 3rd officer on the scene after the first two already had the situation in control and there was no threat to anyone (CNN).

Not going to do links here ... only concepts okay?

Alternative news story suggests the cop (who was just hired and trained) said prior to the shooting that "I don't have time for this"???

What?

Will mention briefly two other police abuses in the news (again without links ... if anyone wants to dig deeper it shouldn't be hard to find unless removed).

One police officer has been charged and (thankfully) either removed from duty or possibly held legally responsibly for actually raping a woman he had pulled over ... broad daylight ... in uniform ... on the hood of his police car.

A number of similar stories ... apparently true as some police forces have taken action against the officers involved ... taking great liberty with "body cavity searches" for no other reason than suspicion of drug smuggling. All those that I have read about being accused for there was no evidence found yet after ***hours*** of methods of personal probing and medical MRI's and Xrays ... nothing.

... and yes Margaret ... after they were let go take a wild guess on who was sent the many thousands of dollar medical bill for that one???

What???

What's going on here folks???

Yes it isn't that we don't care ... we are becoming numb from the sheer volume of this type of horror coming upon innocent people in the wrong place at the wrong time confronted by the wrong type of psychopaths with way too much authority.

as always ... imho
    Last edited by Calz, 10th January 2014 at 16:02.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (10th January 2014), Seikou-Kishi (10th January 2014), Spiral (10th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,049 Times in 1,574 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Calz View Post

Yes it isn't that we don't care ... we are becoming numb from the sheer volume of this type of horror coming upon innocent people in the wrong place at the wrong time confronted by the wrong type of psychopaths with way too much authority.

as always ... imho

Well said. . . . there are so any injustices in our world. . . they can bury us.

I try to focus on the one's in my own community that I can do something about.. . . and I must admit, even the local injustices are overwhelming.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabaRa For This Useful Post:

Calz (10th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,405 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Mark Duggan Shooting: Police Body Worn Cameras 'Could Have Helped Resolve What Happened

The death of Mark Duggan, which sparked the August 2011 riots, would have been easier to resolve had the officers been wearing cameras, the Metropolitan Police has said as a major trial of them begins.

The trial, thought to be the largest in the world, will see a total of 500 body-worn cameras distributed to 10 London boroughs. Firearms officers will also be testing the cameras in their training environment with a view to wearing them if the pilot is successful.

The Met was criticised over the death of Duggan, who was shot by its officers. The moments before his death - and whether he was armed - were hotly disputed.
    Met Commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe told BBC Breakfast: "I think as we saw in the recent incident - fairly recent incident - regarding Mark Duggan, there was a great dispute about what Mark Duggan was holding at the time he was shot, and this hopefully would have helped to resolve that."

"If officers are found to regularly fail to switch on their cameras when they should do it will be treated as a disciplinary offence, he added.

He added the cameras would "capture the reality of some of the horrible things we have to deal with from time to time".

Duggan's death intensified the debate over the police's use of body-worn cameras.

The camera trial comes after a jury at the inquest into the 29-year-old's death concluded in January that he had been lawfully killed - a conclusion which prompted outrage from his family and supporters.

None of the officers involved in the incident in Tottenham were wearing body cameras.

Sir Bernard added: "Body-worn video will not only help us fight crime and support victims but help the Met to be more accountable

"Our experience of using cameras already shows that people are more likely to plead guilty when they know we have captured the incident. That speeds up justice, puts offenders behind bars more quickly and protects potential victims.

"Video captures events in a way that can't be represented on paper in the same detail and it has been shown the mere presence of this type of video can often defuse potentially violent situations without the need for force to be used.

"I believe it will also show our officers at their best, dealing with difficult and dangerous situations every day but it will also provide clearer evidence when it's been alleged that we got things wrong. That has to be in both our own and the public's interest."

Source http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014...n_5286018.html

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tribe For This Useful Post:

Spiral (11th May 2014)