Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sonia Poulton & David Icke bust up at TPV over Finances

Thanks
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 1,226 Posts
    No, it's not and I didn't ask for accountability. I just learned about TPV and Sonia. I was pointing out deception Sonia Pulton is expressing asking for transparency of a private corporation. She would know from her experience, a seasoned journalist of 20 years or more, she is not be entitled to this information unless she was a Director, Member of the Board or Stockholder. To take your question one step further, someone who donated their hard earned money to the cause would believe they are entitled to accountability.
    I am guessing (and believed she may have even said somewhere?) that she expected more from Icke than the corporate norms he rails against. I kinda would have too, if I didn't think he was same as the rest of the alternative media celebrities.

Also, with all his "spiritual" talk, I'd have expected more from him than the way she and her issue was "dealt with"...though apparently some around here expect less.

That's why I drop all expectations. A couple months ago I truly would have been surprised at how this went down, and would have had those expectations (that Icke's corporation would be "different" than what we're used to, and that he'd deal with criticism/attacks much better than an average American)...not anymore.

Now, I'd have been more surprised if he said, "she is right, transparency is important, and you should expect it from me and my organization." and dealt with the issue with grace and integrity. He has a real opportunity to walk his walk, show humility, contain his ego...it will be a nice surprise if he actually does.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (13th January 2014), Cearna (13th January 2014), Church (13th January 2014), Frances (17th January 2014), Spiral (14th January 2014), Tonz (14th January 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 48,695 Times in 10,223 Posts
    Wow and now they want another £400.000 go here http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-people-s-voice--2

Make what you want of it.Your choice your voice but at what cost.

Cheers
    No one person can ever change the truth, but the truth, once learned, can and will change the person

You must be the change you wish to see in the world when you are through changing, you are through

theonetruth forum status theonetruth facebook

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The One For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (14th January 2014), Cearna (14th January 2014), Frances (17th January 2014), Spiral (14th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,684 Times in 1,382 Posts
    So as to be aware:

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (17th January 2014), Cearna (19th January 2014), Church (17th January 2014), Frances (17th January 2014), Spiral (18th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,367 Times in 1,410 Posts
    My first thought is, why the need for damage control if what everyone is saying about him is a lie? It's a bit weird, and traditionally people only come through with responses like this when they are actually trying to hide something. I'm not making any judgement calls here, though. For the record. Just pointing out that damage control is completely unnecessary if you are the victim of slander and lies, as is being alleged.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Church For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (17th January 2014), Cearna (19th January 2014), Frances (17th January 2014), Spiral (18th January 2014)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,600 Times in 1,366 Posts
    The above video was published April 2012. I saw it over a year ago.
    Frances.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frances For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (17th January 2014), Cearna (19th January 2014), Church (17th January 2014), Spiral (18th January 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,398 Times in 3,150 Posts
    This is just up at Icke's site.

All day it said the video had been removed by user, so something was up.

Anyway here it is now. Just started listening to it.

David is not well. I'm only 2 minutes into it so can't give a synopsis, you will have to listen for yourself.

http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/

Last edited by Spiral, 18th January 2014 at 09:44. Reason: add vid

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (18th January 2014), Cearna (19th January 2014), Frances (19th January 2014), modwiz (18th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,882 Times in 3,290 Posts
    This has just been put up at TPV...................................now where did I hear this sort of thing before ?

For the last two weeks since TPV was publicly attacked in a concerted campaign to discredit the station many strange things have been happening with regard to hacking. This has included the hacking of the operating system, the hacking and defacing of the Indiegogo appeal page and now the hacking and deletion of reams of content from the TPV YouTube page.

Well, how they must care for the free-flow of information and human freedom.

The shop at Davidicke.com has also been hacked and currently deleted by hacking into emails sent by the webmaster by people who are beyond evil.

We are pretty certain who is behind this and who has been working with them from the ‘inside’ while claiming to be supporting the ethos. They, of course, do not and never have, and when they leave shortly there is little doubt that they will do everything they can to damage TPV once the benefits they have taken from the station have ended. When people say ‘all will be revealed in two weeks’ this is what they mean.

Good, and when they do the widest possible audience will know who they are and the nature of their character.

So the source of the ‘revelations’ when they come will also be revealing who is behind this attempt by hackers to destroy everything that we have built and The People have paid for.

Those that come from the heart rather than the gut and the bile duct will now begin the painstaking job of re-posting the content to the YouTube page because they are builders, not self-obsessed destroyers.

It is my experience over all the years that some of the deepest evil that I have come across has claimed to be opposing evil and ‘working for the light’ and the good of people.

What is happening here to TPV is yet another example.

Watching people self-destruct in public is not a pretty sight, but it is coming. So bring on the ‘revelations’ and then everyone will see who you are.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (18th January 2014), Cearna (19th January 2014), Frances (19th January 2014), modwiz (18th January 2014), Sooz (18th January 2014)

Fred Steeves
    Quote Originally posted by Sooz View Post
    David is not well.

No, it would seem not Sooz, and his message was very self centered and condescending if you ask me. Starting at around the 11:18 mark, he informs us that in his opinion, anyone even remotely awake, who does not contribute, is either "in a state of insanity", or is "sadomasochistic". Nice...

Quote Originally posted by Spiral View Post
    This has just been put up at TPV...................................now where did I hear this sort of thing before ?

We are pretty certain who is behind this and who has been working with them from the ‘inside’ while claiming to be supporting the ethos. They, of course, do not and never have, and when they leave shortly there is little doubt that they will do everything they can to damage TPV once the benefits they have taken from the station have ended. When people say ‘all will be revealed in two weeks’ this is what they mean.

Good, and when they do the widest possible audience will know who they are and the nature of their character.

So the source of the ‘revelations’ when they come will also be revealing who is behind this attempt by hackers to destroy everything that we have built and The People have paid for.
    Am I to assume he's talking about anyone who leaves the station now, and says anything but lovey lighty things about him? Yes, we *have* seen this one over and over again. Here's pretty much the nuts and bolts of how that tried and true chess move is played when things start getting hairy: "Anyone who knows something about me that's not so nice, and dares to speak out about it, is simply involved in a vicious smear campaign. Just take my word for it good people, no evidence necessary".

Now I don't know whether this is actually the case here or not, but it certainly is looking that way.
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 18th January 2014 at 11:54.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (18th January 2014), Cearna (19th January 2014), donk (20th January 2014), Frances (19th January 2014), Spiral (18th January 2014)

Retired Member Haiti
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,813 Times in 895 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Sooz View Post
    This is just up at Icke's site.

All day it said the video had been removed by user, so something was up.

Anyway here it is now. Just started listening to it.

David is not well. I'm only 2 minutes into it so can't give a synopsis, you will have to listen for yourself.

http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/

OMG - It's obvious he's bladdered. He'll regret it in the morning . . . .

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Calabash For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (19th January 2014), Cearna (19th January 2014), modwiz (19th January 2014), Spiral (19th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,049 Times in 1,574 Posts
    So sad - pathetic really. . . . the man who always told us to stay out of fear, is using fear to try and get more funding.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BabaRa For This Useful Post:

Cearna (19th January 2014), KosmicKat (19th January 2014), modwiz (19th January 2014), Spiral (19th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    He's also giving them a good chance to pop-him-off.

It could be believed that he topped himself, right now.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (19th January 2014), Cearna (19th January 2014), modwiz (19th January 2014), Spiral (19th January 2014)

Retired Member Haiti
    Thanks
    Things are not looking too good but we should wait and see and not be too quick to write it off and get sucked in to the negativity. For one reason or another there has been an almightly clash over at TPV and, like a hurricane, the fallout has gained in momentum gathering up all kinds of crap with it. The People's Voice was a good idea. It's still a good idea, although it seems to be having very public teething problems. But it's the nature of the beast. It would be a great pity if it went down but, speaking optimistically, I think David Icke can still pull it together. Come on David - get a grip mate. We need The People's Voice and more like it.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Calabash For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (19th January 2014), Cearna (21st January 2014), john parslow (19th January 2014), Spiral (19th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,882 Times in 3,290 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Calabash View Post
    Things are not looking too good but we should wait and see and not be too quick to write it off and get sucked in to the negativity. For one reason or another there has been an almightly clash over at TPV and, like a hurricane, the fallout has gained in momentum gathering up all kinds of crap with it. The People's Voice was a good idea. It's still a good idea, although it seems to be having very public teething problems. But it's the nature of the beast. It would be a great pity if it went down but, speaking optimistically, I think David Icke can still pull it together. Come on David - get a grip mate. We need The People's Voice and more like it.
    Its a fantastic idea, the trouble seems to be that to make it work you need a big & magnetic personality like DI, but to the internal workings of such organisation a big personality is a major problem, it needs to work like a co-operative and be totally transparent & open in all it does, esp with money & who is paid what.

Seems like a bit of a catch 22, EMTV went the same way :-(

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (19th January 2014), Calabash (19th January 2014), Cearna (21st January 2014)

Retired Member Haiti
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Spiral View Post
    Its a fantastic idea, the trouble seems to be that to make it work you need a big & magnetic personality like DI, but to the internal workings of such organisation a big personality is a major problem, it needs to work like a co-operative and be totally transparent & open in all it does, esp with money & who is paid what.

Seems like a bit of a catch 22, EMTV went the same way :-(
    There has been little, if any, coverage of the death of Lord MacAlpine in Italy on Friday. Unfortunately the crap going on at TPV has taken front page when there is other information to impart. If this had happened last week for instance the news would have been given more prominence.

David Icke's contribution to the alternative media has been invaluable, but he is still a human being and (unfortunately) has reacted rather badly by throwing his toys out the pram and not conducting himself in a businesslike way. If TPV were run more as a democracy and less as David Icke's personal toy then we probably would not have seen all this which, imo, should have been behind closed doors. It will take a lot for the MSM not to mention this fiasco every time his name comes up, the same as the colour turquoise, being expelled from the Green Party and all the other kind of stuff that Russell Brand is currently being revered for. (As an aside I heard RB might be running for government shortly . . . . )

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calabash For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (19th January 2014), Cearna (21st January 2014), Spiral (19th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    If TPV is going to come through this, there has to be a bigger think tank, and, I think it was wrong to call it "The People's Voice".

2 things.

1) The idea in the name is too provocative. It leaves no space for being attracted to a purpose as an individual.

2) There's something creepy about using the plural of person, and the singular of voice when it's coming at us from out there in 'talking heads' land.

oh, 3)...... I asked, by email, on day one, how I might be able to listen live via an audio stream that doesn't require me, as a UK resident, to have a TV license. I never heard a word in reply nor did an audio stream appear for listening only. Alex Jones can do it, why not The Icke. Were his ideas too lofty for an organization that was just starting up?

I heard that TPV was being regulated by Offcom ( the UK regulatory body for terrestrial TV and Radio ). That sounded odd to me from the get go. As far as I know, internet stations are not yet regulated by offcom. So what was the big idea?

Never mind pedantic transparency, I just would have liked some more of the story to make proper sense.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (19th January 2014), Calabash (20th January 2014), Cearna (21st January 2014)