Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gut Bacteria, Untreatable Illness & Psychological Disorders.

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,882 Times in 3,290 Posts
    This is a wonder spice !

Turmeric has many medicinal properties, and is used in South Asia as an antiseptic for cuts, burns and bruises, and antibacterial agent.

Turmeric is popular as a tea in Okinawa, Japan, and in Pakistan it is used as an anti-inflammatory agent, and remedy for gastrointestinal discomfort.
    http://blog.friendseat.com/health-benefits-of-turmeric/

This an interesting PDF about the role of stress & the nervous system in well being ; http://www.theelementsofhealth.com/r...vous_syste.pdf

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

Frances (4th October 2013), Mark (4th October 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,402 Times in 1,356 Posts
    This is an interesting test and easy to do it.

The beet test

Eat beets. If they turn your urine pink/red, then you have low stomach acid. Stomach acid is a very important first step in digestion. Without enough, you can't absorb B12, and you have trouble absorbing zinc as well as several other nutrients. If you don't have adequate stomach acid, proteins aren't broken down properly, and so they can cause trouble in the small intestine and/or get absorbed whole into the bloodstream.

Gluten and casein are famous for being addictive because they form opiod-like substances. Stomach acid is necessary to prevent them from becoming opiods.

Histamine helps trigger the release of stomach acid. Histamine is found in several foods, especially ferments, so pile on another reason to eat ferments with every meal. Adequate zinc is also necessary to produce stomach acid (remember what's not absorbed well without it?).
    http://heal-thyself.ning.com/forum/topics/the-beet-test
    Last edited by Altaira, 4th October 2013 at 07:50. Reason: can't post the image

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Altaira For This Useful Post:

Frances (4th October 2013), Mark (4th October 2013), Spiral (4th October 2013), Tribe (4th October 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    This is almost everythi8ng about the Water Kefir, for those who are of the dairy

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Altaira For This Useful Post:

Frances (4th October 2013), Mark (4th October 2013), Spiral (4th October 2013), Tribe (4th October 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,882 Times in 3,290 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Altaira View Post
    This is an interesting test and easy to do it.

The beet test

Eat beets. If they turn your urine pink/red, then you have low stomach acid. Stomach acid is a very important first step in digestion. Without enough, you can't absorb B12, and you have trouble absorbing zinc as well as several other nutrients. If you don't have adequate stomach acid, proteins aren't broken down properly, and so they can cause trouble in the small intestine and/or get absorbed whole into the bloodstream.

Gluten and casein are famous for being addictive because they form opiod-like substances. Stomach acid is necessary to prevent them from becoming opiods.

Histamine helps trigger the release of stomach acid. Histamine is found in several foods, especially ferments, so pile on another reason to eat ferments with every meal. Adequate zinc is also necessary to produce stomach acid (remember what's not absorbed well without it?).
    http://heal-thyself.ning.com/forum/topics/the-beet-test
    Thank for that Altaira, I think that may well explain why all the anti candida, olive leaf, tumeric & probiotic capsules I have been taking for weeks have done nothing whatso ever for my IBS / bloating

I have some bacteria for making yoghurt now, but haven't started making it yet, I also have made some of the cabbage stuff, I'll have some for lunch

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

Altaira (12th October 2013), Cearna (4th October 2013), Frances (4th October 2013), Mark (4th October 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,534 Times in 500 Posts
    I know a poor little lad who is allergic to everything, so much so that even his school teachers must follow him around with a pen to stab into him to counter act a sudden allergic reaction.

He has high doses of anti histamine daily, this may be why he looks unwell and has other health problems, not being able to absorb nutrients :-(

When I become a Reiki master next year, he is first on my list.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Altaira (12th October 2013), Frances (4th October 2013), Spiral (4th October 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I personally find Clive de Carle's videos very useful and educational. Here is another one which gives loads of useful information. Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride mentions GAPS diet which I've read about today for the first time. Strange it seems very coincidental but I think there is no coincidence. I've not seen all the interview yeat but from the first 15 min I think its well worth watching. At around 3:08 min the sound is bad for a few seconds but then improves.
    here is a short info
    The premiere of our new health programme, The Health Revolution, features Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride who is one of a growing number of leading medical doctors currently curing the 'incurable' here in the UK, without drugs.

(There is an audio glitch when Dr Campbell-McBride first speaks. It lasts a minute or so, so please stick with it.)

After completely reversing her son's autism she now teaches how autism can be prevented and cured.

We recommend her superb book, Gut and Psychology Syndrome which would have been a best seller if only she had called it Cure Autism and Depression!

She also has another book, Put Your Heart In Your Mouth. Natasha explains why cholesterol is your friend and why the drugs to lower it are your enemy.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g85jkN9oDYo

I just need to cite Natasha who said " Mother nature designed our bodies to get all our nutrition from food not from pills" because I think this is the something that we all need to remind ourselves every day when we put something in our mouth. It is a good safeguard against junk food we all eat every day without even noticing it or because we think "a little bit wont harm us".

Blessings,
    Rayna
    Last edited by Altaira, 12th October 2013 at 09:42.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Altaira For This Useful Post:

Frances (12th October 2013), Spiral (12th October 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,470 Times in 981 Posts
    The_Candida_Cleaner-Jennifer_Daniels-1.pdf

This is a most interesting banned read which may solve many of the problems discussed here.

I have ordered and reveived my 100% gum and plan to detox next week.

Russ

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Highland1 For This Useful Post:

Altaira (12th October 2013), Frances (12th October 2013), Spiral (12th October 2013)