Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: some old myths become the new reality...

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,007 Times in 1,526 Posts

some old myths become the new reality...

Mermaids, Megalodon, Bigfoot, Ghosts, Star beings, and little people...Some of these never thought possible & whats around the corner?...

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (28th December 2013), Calabash (28th December 2013), Cearna (28th December 2013), Frances (27th December 2013), modwiz (27th December 2013), Seikou-Kishi (27th December 2013), shamanseeker (28th December 2013), Spiral (27th December 2013), Wolf Khan (28th December 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    I love gnomes and faeries. Very good friends if you respect them. Huge trust issues involved.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (28th December 2013), Cearna (28th December 2013), Frances (27th December 2013), mojo (27th December 2013), Seikou-Kishi (27th December 2013), shamanseeker (28th December 2013), Spiral (27th December 2013), Wolf Khan (27th December 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,405 Times in 3,015 Posts
    I have a distant memory of seeing a small being running in the woods when I was around 10 years old , I was in a place where I felt very unwanted as if I had stumbled upon a place that was off limits !!!

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tribe For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (28th December 2013), Cearna (28th December 2013), Frances (27th December 2013), mojo (27th December 2013), Seikou-Kishi (27th December 2013), shamanseeker (28th December 2013), Spiral (27th December 2013), Wolf Khan (27th December 2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Tribe View Post
    I have a distant memory of seeing a small being running in the woods when I was around 10 years old , I was in a place where I felt very unwanted as if I had stumbled upon a place that was off limits !!!
    Like any functioning community, civilization or culture, ther is an immune response, in application, to anything entering the system. That is to say, when entering their "body/culture" you will be 'checked out'. Humans are a known possible 'pathogen' so we are always viewed with suspicion. You will be monitored while in their realm. They do their best to be off the beaten track.
    I also experienced what you speak of in an old growth forest in the Adirondack mountains if NY. (Kind of like Fangorn in the LOTR) There was no real forest floor. It was made up of decades, if not centuries, of fallen branches. One felt that at any minute one could break through this wooden web and sink up to their crotch. The whole time I was in there, and I didna go very deep, there was a communication that I was not welcome. The issue of trust with the natural world is one to always be aware of. Trust can be built and it pays off.

For now, we appear as a fox approaching their chicken coop. It is assumed we are up to no good.
    Last edited by modwiz, 27th December 2013 at 20:38.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (28th December 2013), Cearna (28th December 2013), Frances (27th December 2013), mojo (28th December 2013), Seikou-Kishi (27th December 2013), shamanseeker (28th December 2013), Spiral (27th December 2013), Tonz (28th December 2013), Tribe (27th December 2013), Wolf Khan (27th December 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,564 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Of course, the word "fairy" is a broad term, and covers (or has been applied to) many different things often not in the slightest related to each other. I have had encounters with the beings you Modwiz and Tribe relate, though there was never a sense of being unwelcome or that my presence was causing some concern. It reminds me of a line from a song "here in our lives, Supernature lives and breathes"
    Last edited by Seikou-Kishi, 27th December 2013 at 20:47.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (28th December 2013), Cearna (28th December 2013), Frances (27th December 2013), modwiz (27th December 2013), mojo (28th December 2013), shamanseeker (28th December 2013), Spiral (27th December 2013), Tonz (28th December 2013), Tribe (27th December 2013), Wolf Khan (27th December 2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Seikou-Kishi View Post
    Of course, the word "fairy" is a broad term, and covers (or has been applied to) many different things often not in the slightest related to each other. I have had encounters with the beings you Modwiz and Tribe relate, though there was never a sense of being unwelcome or that my presence was causing some concern. It reminds me of a line from a song "here in our lives, Supernature lives and breathes"
    Well, I have cut down a few living trees in my time. It was not pleasant but, it was part of my mountain living. I live under a big oak six months a year in my tent. We are good friends and it has been very kind as to when and where it drops its larger dead branches. I have a few select crystals and stones that have been placed at the base of the tree. They stay there year round. Two of them are 'heart' shaped.
    Last edited by modwiz, 27th December 2013 at 21:57.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (28th December 2013), Cearna (28th December 2013), Frances (27th December 2013), KosmicKat (28th December 2013), mojo (28th December 2013), shamanseeker (28th December 2013), Spiral (27th December 2013), Tonz (28th December 2013), Tribe (27th December 2013), Wolf Khan (27th December 2013)

Thanks
    Of course, the word "fairy" is a broad term, and covers (or has been applied to) many different things often not in the slightest related to each other.
    Agreed. However, there is a class of beings that fall into a category that could be called Faerie. I use the word 'class' in its taxonomic sense, for there are then orders, families and geni (plural of genus?) that follow.

There is also the human faerie bloodline. Princess Diana being and example of it. If it is true.

Not reporting 'facts'. Just observations of mine.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (28th December 2013), Calabash (28th December 2013), Cearna (28th December 2013), Frances (27th December 2013), mojo (28th December 2013), Seikou-Kishi (27th December 2013), shamanseeker (28th December 2013), Spiral (27th December 2013), Tonz (28th December 2013), Wolf Khan (27th December 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,405 Times in 3,015 Posts
    The human faerie bloodline makes sense to me , I have met a few i am certain that I have , how I am certain is of a intuitive nature , I live in a very celtic part of the world where some folks seem very tolkin ! I love it here , I also think I would like where you have been calling home modwiz x

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tribe For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (28th December 2013), Cearna (28th December 2013), Frances (27th December 2013), modwiz (27th December 2013), mojo (28th December 2013), shamanseeker (28th December 2013), Spiral (28th December 2013), Tonz (28th December 2013), Wolf Khan (27th December 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    Well, I have cut down a few living trees in my time. It was not pleasant but, it was part of my mountain living. I live under a big oak six months a year in my tent. We are good friends and it has been very kind as to when and where it drops its larger dead branches. I have a few select crystal and stones that have been placed at the base of the tree. They stay there year round. Two of them are 'heart' shaped.
    Ah yes, they remember that sort of thing. But they're also telepathic, and they will know how you feel about what you have done and what kind of "place" those thoughts come from. It sounds magnificent, though, to live so closely with that tree. Oaks particularly entrance me, along with a few other types of tree. Birches, Rowans and Elders are the others with which I feel strongly connected. I don't know why these more particularly pull me. One that really doesn't is Elm, for some reason. I don't dislike it and would no sooner harm an Elm than any other, but I just don't really connect. I remember once being with friends and we were sitting in grass in the shade of a tree (an Elm, as it happens). One friend was absent-mindedly pulling bark off the tree and all I could say was "for god's sake man, this is a tree". It was like he'd never seen a tree before and I had never seen him. Trees are magical.

I remember when I was much younger I resolved myself to go out and get a branch for a particular purpose. I was in those days of the opinion that only a living branch would do, if you know what I mean. Anyway, I took quite a few things with me when I set out with this purpose. I took a woodman's knife, wax to seal the cut, some incense, a couple of different oils to treat the cut, a collection of huge lumps of quartz and a small, hand-held spade.

I found a tree that really pulled me in. It was a fine and sturdy elder, glowing with brimming good health. I sought permission of the tree to take a branch and felt that I received it. I cut the branch at a 45 degree angle. While that sounds like an unnecessary prolongation of the distress caused to the tree, it actually maximises how efficiently the cut drains moisture, which inhibits rot. Anyway, as I stood there looking at this tree, the cut I'd made and the branch in my hand, I decided on the spot that I should show the tree if the branch was important enough that I should harm it, I should be willing to harm myself and so, using the same knife (not yet cleaned) I deeply cut my hand and dripped my blood at the root of the tree. Then I treated around the tree's cut with oil and censed it with incense.

Once I'd finished doing all I could do for the cut at that moment (having decided not to wax it) I took my little spade and dug carefully into ground around its base. The ground was soft and I was able to bury the huge lumps of quartz in the ground around the tree. It had been my original intention to give these as a gift to whichever tree I would take a branch from. In the end, I think the blood was my respect for the tree and the quartz was my gratitude. It seemed important to me that I use the same blade and that I not try to clean it first, as though that would have insulted the tree. The wound healed quickly and perfectly, despite the lack of hygeine — I sometimes wonder if this was due to my diligence in nursing the tree's cut; from the viewpoint of sympathetic magic, it is not improbable.

I decided not to wax the cut, but to wait and see if it would grow back. So twice a day I'd visit the tree and check on the condition of the cut. I thought if it looked infected or rotten, as a last-resort I could cut away a little more and wax it. I kept the cut clean and used oils and incenses to protect it from pathogens and eventually the tree healed the cut.

I took the branch and the section that was most fitting for my purpose. The rest of the branch I planted in the hope that it would sprout roots like a cutting and it did; to this day I have the little elder that grew from that first elder. I feed them and if the summers are inclement, sometimes I water them. When the cut was healing, I'd water the tree daily with a liquid fertiliser of my father's recipe which promotes woody growth.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (28th December 2013), Cearna (28th December 2013), Frances (27th December 2013), modwiz (27th December 2013), mojo (28th December 2013), Spiral (28th December 2013), Tonz (28th December 2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Tribe View Post
    The human faerie bloodline makes sense to me , I have met a few i am certain that I have , how I am certain is of a intuitive nature , I live in a very celtic part of the world where some folks seem very tolkin ! I love it here , I also think I would like where you have been calling home modwiz x
    You can see the archetypal energies that people resonate with. It manifests in body type and facial features, of course, but also in how one wears their hair and the clothes they choose. Then there are the poor, sleeping muggles, who have no active archetypal connection. It is theirs for the taking.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (28th December 2013), Cearna (28th December 2013), Frances (27th December 2013), mojo (28th December 2013), Seikou-Kishi (27th December 2013), Spiral (28th December 2013), Tribe (27th December 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Agreed. However, there is a class of beings that fall into a category that could be called Faerie. I use the word 'class' in its taxonomic sense, for there are then orders, families and geni (plural of genus?) that follow.
    Close, it's genera.

There is also the human faerie bloodline. Princess Diana being and example of it. If it is true.

Not reporting 'facts'. Just observations of mine.
    I had never heard of this! My father had always wanted to give his firstborn my name because he said the family myth was that we were descendants of elves. He only got his way because his friend happened to have a son by the same name (or rather, the usual spelling of it) and my mother relented because of that. She knew the stories too of course, but it had never quite captured her spirit the way it captured his. I'd never heard of anything like a fairy bloodline outside my family before, but it is frequently talked about in my family. I've always thought of it as a one of the many quaint quirks of my more than sufficiently quirky family and for all I liked the idea I've never had a reason to look into it as anything meaningful. I mentioned it to 777 once because he has frequently expressed a deep affinity with the fae.
    Last edited by Seikou-Kishi, 27th December 2013 at 22:18.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (28th December 2013), Cearna (28th December 2013), Frances (27th December 2013), modwiz (27th December 2013), mojo (28th December 2013), Spiral (28th December 2013), Tonz (28th December 2013), Tribe (27th December 2013)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,686 Times in 375 Posts
    In our experience there are groups of Shee People who live as they choose and these are what make up the Faeries and all associated clans of these beings, Cearna has initiated a Gnome who asked to be initiated. He stood roughly 6 to 7 centimeters in height and had a truly bright aura which hid his features. I have seen faeiries that are tiny say 4 centimeters in height and so the wonder goes on. As in their natural caution of humans they know if on has dark intent and will steer clear of those, however, for people who have only true love in their hearts,these will always have a ready welcome with the Shee, (Gaoithe (Geethee) Shee) Gaelic, Celtic.
    Last edited by Wolf Khan, 28th December 2013 at 01:05.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wolf Khan For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (28th December 2013), Cearna (28th December 2013), Frances (28th December 2013), modwiz (27th December 2013), mojo (28th December 2013), Spiral (28th December 2013), Tonz (28th December 2013)

Thanks
    Close, it's genera.

I had never heard of this! My father had always wanted to give his firstborn my name because he said the family myth was that we were descendants of elves. He only got his way because his friend happened to have a son by the same name (or rather, the usual spelling of it) and my mother relented because of that. She knew the stories too of course, but it had never quite captured her spirit the way it captured his. I'd never heard of anything like a fairy bloodline outside my family before, but it is frequently talked about in my family. I've always thought of it as a one of the many quaint quirks of my more than sufficiently quirky family and for all I liked the idea I've never had a reason to look into it as anything meaningful. I mentioned it to 777 once because he has frequently expressed a deep affinity with the fae.
    I knew you would come through. I knew that word but it did not come when I wanted it so I got creative with a Latin plural suffix.

The Faerie bloodline I am referring to is the one Laurence Gardener speaks about in his books. I think they have their origin from the Scythian/Scota line.
    Last edited by modwiz, 27th December 2013 at 22:42.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (28th December 2013), Cearna (28th December 2013), Frances (28th December 2013), mojo (28th December 2013), Seikou-Kishi (27th December 2013), Spiral (28th December 2013), Tonz (28th December 2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wolf Khan View Post
    In our experience there are groups of Shee People who live as they choose and these are what make up the Faeries and all assciated clans of these beings, Cearna has initiated a Gnome who asked to be initiated. He stood roughly 6 to 7 centimeters in height and had a truly bright aura which hid his features. I have seen faeiries that are tiny say 4 centimeters in height and so the wonder goes on. As in their natural caution of humans they know if on has dark intent and will steer clear of those, however, for people who have only true love in their hearts,these will always have a ready welcome with the Shee, (Gaoithe (Geethee) Shee) Gaelic, Celtic.
    For clarity. I do not wish to create confusion or conflation with the faerie term. Which is why I referenced a "human" faerie bloodline. I was not inferring, or poorly communicating, that humans and the non-human faerie had somehow mixed. I would hope not to be taken seriously if suggesting such an idea.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (28th December 2013), Cearna (28th December 2013), Frances (28th December 2013), mojo (28th December 2013), Seikou-Kishi (27th December 2013), Spiral (28th December 2013), Tonz (28th December 2013), Wolf Khan (28th December 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,049 Times in 1,574 Posts
    Some years ago, I was sitting on my deck (quite rural) enjoying the scenery when I felt there was a hummingbird behind me, yet I sensed if I turned it would fly away.

I thought: I wish it would come in front of me so I could see it. And to my amazement if flew right in front of me, just a foot from my face and just stayed there for a minute, flapping it's wings but remaining still.

Since then, I have always thought of hummingbirds as fairies.

As for trees, my dad loved them with a passion. He called them all his little darlings. Said they were a reminder for us to keep our roots deep in the earth, yet to reach for the heavens. I have inherited that love.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BabaRa For This Useful Post:

Cearna (28th December 2013), Frances (28th December 2013), modwiz (28th December 2013), mojo (28th December 2013), Seikou-Kishi (28th December 2013), Spiral (28th December 2013), Tonz (28th December 2013), Wolf Khan (28th December 2013)