Thread: Thirty Thousand Year Old Artwork That Nobody Knows About.

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,882 Times in 3,290 Posts

Thirty Thousand Year Old Artwork That Nobody Knows About.

The Dampier Archipelago and the Burrup Peninsula contain the oldest representations of the human face in the world. These rock art engravings date to before the last ice age of the northern hemisphere, which makes them unique in the world. The Burrup peninsula also contains one of the world's largest industrial complexes, which has already destroyed over 10,000 individual pieces of this unique material. The time line of this rock art stretches back to possibly 30,000 years ago, indeed the huge quantity of individual engravings would support this great age.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PcgBVZCCxA

Australia has an amazing place in Western Australia on the Burrup Peninsula, or Murujuga in the traditional language, that could have around a million rock artworks and is tens of thousands of years old. But very few people in Australia, let alone the rest of the world, has heard about it. The rock at 6 minutes, 23 seconds is really interesting, it doesn't appear to be artwork, but some kind of counting system, which would make it the oldest counting system in the world, older than even the Sumerian counting system. The artwork shows ice age animals that have been extinct for a long time and the artwork is distinctly different from most other Aboriginal artwork.

So why does this place get so little attention? It's because of a gas plant on the Burrup Peninsula. Gas makes more money for Western Australia than artwork does and the Australian government and media have no sense of heritage at all. Any country that had artwork this old and in such large numbers would be bragging about it in all the tourism brochures, but Australia does the exact opposite, they ignore it as much as possible. For a country that's only two hundred years old, the Burrup Peninsula should be a big boost to Australia's history, but Australia prefers a temporary resource to something that means so much more on a cultural and spiritual level. Imagine putting a gas plant, or some other industrial monstrosity, right next to, or even partially built over the Louvre Museum, the Vatican, the Forbidden City in China, the pyramids of Egypt etc, the stupidity is that high.

The phenomenon called the stairway to the Moon on the nearby on Hearson's Cove maybe another reason why the Burrup Peninsula was so important to the Aborigines. On certain nights the Moon looks like it's connecting to the Earth and most ancient cultures were fascinated by the sky. It's possible that ceremonies were done on these nights when the Moon connected with the Earth.

The picture below could be the oldest face that has ever been created, think about the significance of that.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

777 (28th December 2013), BabaRa (28th December 2013), Calabash (28th December 2013), Calz (30th December 2013), Cearna (28th December 2013), Church (2nd January 2014), Frances (27th December 2013), mojo (27th December 2013), Moonlight (25th January 2014), Rakmeister (24th January 2014), shamanseeker (28th December 2013), Tonz (28th December 2013)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,686 Times in 375 Posts
    It is a tragic fact that australians don't care about our planetary history. Instead we (they), have chosen to live like people (north americans) maybe, do, no culture, just buy buy buy.

I am not attacking Americans particularly.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wolf Khan For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (28th December 2013), Calabash (24th January 2014), Calz (30th December 2013), Cearna (28th December 2013), Frances (27th December 2013), shamanseeker (28th December 2013), Spiral (28th December 2013), Tonz (28th December 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 1,040 Posts
    WOW!!!! Thank you for this, I had never heard of it

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Calabash (24th January 2014), Calz (30th December 2013), Frances (11th January 2014), shamanseeker (28th December 2013), Spiral (28th December 2013), Tonz (28th December 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,335 Times in 635 Posts
    That's so sad, Wolf Khan I've always felt an affinity for Australia with my great-great grandparents having lived there. It is such a beautiful and unique country - such a pity that the Cabal have had such success there.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shamanseeker For This Useful Post:

777 (28th December 2013), Calz (30th December 2013), Cearna (28th December 2013), Frances (11th January 2014), Spiral (28th December 2013), Tonz (28th December 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,572 Times in 2,477 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by shamanseeker View Post
    That's so sad, Wolf Khan I've always felt an affinity for Australia with my great-great grandparents having lived there. It is such a beautiful and unique country - such a pity that the Cabal have had such success there.
    Unfortunately, wherever "Britain" has been, cabal have had success.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 777 For This Useful Post:

Calabash (2nd January 2014), Calz (30th December 2013), Cearna (3rd January 2014), Frances (11th January 2014), shamanseeker (2nd January 2014), Spiral (29th December 2013), Tonz (3rd January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,335 Times in 635 Posts
    So true!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shamanseeker For This Useful Post:

Calabash (2nd January 2014), Cearna (3rd January 2014), Frances (11th January 2014), Spiral (2nd January 2014), Tonz (3rd January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    Australian Aboriginal Art has deep meaning and historical significance and I am not surprised by the lack of interest in the subject. A recent television show on the ABC here in Australia brought tears to my eyes as a two archaeologists spoke with a local tribal woman. They explained the archaeological and historical significance of the caves and artwork at a specific site. At one point an artefact was placed in her hand and the manner in which this was done was absolutely beautiful. The respect that the two professionals poured onto the the Aboriginal Woman was second to none - the likes not always seen in this world.

The artwork was not only old, having survived an enormous length of time it was inside a cave that had been constructed by the Aboriginal people - it had columns throughout and the artwork was on the ceiling and everywhere. There was even a reconstruction of a stone archway - through which the Aboriginal Womans ancestors would have walked to reach the man-made cave. If I can find the television show I will post a link - it was a series of episodes and I am sure it featured the artwork that is the focus of this thread.

Much Peace - Amanda

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Calabash (24th January 2014), Cearna (11th January 2014), Frances (11th January 2014), Spiral (11th January 2014), Tonz (11th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,662 Times in 1,289 Posts
    yes please do amanda.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tonz For This Useful Post:

Calabash (24th January 2014), Frances (11th January 2014), Spiral (11th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I found the television series name but unfortunately the links were not working at the time I searched. Someone else might find a link that works. The Series is titled: First Footprints and there are four episodes. It was shown in Australia on ABC1 - the only link I could find was www.abc.net.au/tv/firstfootprints and it shows a trailor. The trailor has links that enable the viewing of all the episodes but was not working when I tried. Great series made with respect for the Aboriginal People and their history. I hope someone with more computer knowledge might be able to access all the episodes.

There is a photograph of the Aboriginal Woman I mention in my earlier post - she is standing beneath ancient artwork that is within the 'constructed' cave with many column supports. Much Peace - Amanda

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Calabash (24th January 2014), Spiral (12th January 2014), Tonz (12th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,882 Times in 3,290 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Amanda View Post
    I found the television series name but unfortunately the links were not working at the time I searched. Someone else might find a link that works. The Series is titled: First Footprints and there are four episodes. It was shown in Australia on ABC1 - the only link I could find was www.abc.net.au/tv/firstfootprints and it shows a trailor. The trailor has links that enable the viewing of all the episodes but was not working when I tried. Great series made with respect for the Aboriginal People and their history. I hope someone with more computer knowledge might be able to access all the episodes.

There is a photograph of the Aboriginal Woman I mention in my earlier post - she is standing beneath ancient artwork that is within the 'constructed' cave with many column supports. Much Peace - Amanda
    TV Companies like that are pretty good at keeping pirated copies off the likes of youtube unfortunately, but the makers have put a compilation of timelapse shorts from the series on vimeo, the artwork is mainly towards the end, the last sequence looks like an ET !

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

Calabash (24th January 2014), Moonlight (25th January 2014), Tonz (24th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Spiral - thank you for finding that vimeo clip. I cannot help but respect the Aboriginal people. I have always shown interest in their culture but now that I am in the awakened state there is a new depth and dimension to the terms they use - The Dreamtime and The Dreaming.

I watched a ceremonial dance on the Australian Indigenous TV Channel some time ago - there were four (I think 3 or 4) Aboriginal Woman bare breasted and in traditional paint and sarong type skirt - they chanted and kind of shuffled their bare feet in the dusty earth as that moved slowly forward - the women would sing and then a lone person in the audience would sing a response - I was transfixed and felt I was meditating with them. I do not understand any Aboriginal dialect but they took me in completely and afterwards I felt very calm. I felt the change when they stopped and the 'whitemen' stepped up to the microphone.

I hope this series is available on line soon or at least re-screened. And yes the Artwork of the Aboriginal people often depicts other world beings, They use the term min-min and that is a recognised term in Australia for unexplained lights. The Aboriginal people had it all worked out - we really need to stop and listen to them and learn their ways.

Much Peace - Amanda

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Calabash (24th January 2014), Spiral (24th January 2014), Tonz (24th January 2014)