Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 303738394041424350 ... LastLast

Thread: Disturbing Child Abuse

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    Cearna - to answer your question fully, I will explain to you as it was explained to me by the founders of the Australian Antipaedophile Party. The Australian government are making changes to legislation so that single issue parties will no longer be able to be formed - nor - be a part of the legislative system.

The upcoming election will be the last time any single issue party can be formed and be part of a Federal election. I am not sure whether there is a plan to dissolve all the single issue parties - or perhaps absorb them into the major parties.

This is why the two founders have had to work extremely hard to get the party up and running. I have spoken to them personally and I know they are passionate and I know they will fight to give a voice to every Child.

I hope that answers your question.

Much Peace - Amanda

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th May 2016), Cearna (18th May 2016), Dreamtimer (17th May 2016), Elen (5th June 2016), Gemma (25th May 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Child Abuse Whistlebowers Community page - update: Please find attached below my correspondence to the Australian Antipaedophile Party. There have been questions submitted to me, as to my exact connection to the newly formed party. I am sharing my correspondence so that the public know the situation and do not have to rely on innuendo or gossip. (Readers here can elect to visit the Child Abuse Whistleblowers Community page via facebook to read the brief correspondence, politely declining the opportunity to lead the party.)

At present I am studying our Australian Constitution as it is written in its present form: The Commonwealth of Australian Constitution Act.

I am also studying proposed legislation titled: Crimes (Serious Crime Prevention Orders) Bill 2016. The proposed legislation could impact negatively on all citizens, dependent on the specific circumstances.

In addition I am also studying the Criminal Code Act 1995 Section 474.17 (1). 1.Use carriage service to menace/harass/offend.

In addition I am at present involved in a serious matter that is too sensitive to mention. I will only state that it involves a convicted paedophile. As always the protection of the victim and witnesses is my absolute priority.

As always I will check my messages everyday and respond as soon as I am able. I want to extend my deepest gratitude to a longtime friend - who - purchased very expensive legal textbooks, so that I am able to conduct my research and study with up to date references. I am deeply humbled to have such supportive friends. I am also deeply humbled by the trust placed in me by members of the public - both the visible following and those who form the deep underground and the newly forming sub underground. You are all extremely important to me but more importantly - you are extremely important to the good fight that we fight together - in order to give a voice to all our Children.

Much Peace - as we continue to work our way through the chaos and pain with dignity and respect - Amanda

NB:I also care about all the Magnifique Animaux & Mother Earth/Ecology. They too need our voice. Be good to one another and be kind in all that you do - it all adds to the Peace we are seeking and so desperately need.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th June 2016), Cearna (5th June 2016), Dreamtimer (5th June 2016), Elen (5th June 2016), sandy (6th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Reprinted here for those who are interested and who do not access facebook.

Information:Legal Meta-Language

Due to many people engaging in legal processes in order to protect Children, I thought that sharing helpful information may assist those who are new to legal processes and protocols and provide deeper insight, for those who are already knowledgeable with regard to legal meta-language.

This post comes about as a result of people contacting me and asking for support. I will state publicly - yet again - that I do not ever provide legal advice, that would be unethical and illegal. Also consider that I have never spent one cent on advertising, by advertising it could be argued in a court that I was procuring victims and witnesses. I would never engage in that activity. People who contact me, under the auspice of my being a recognised Australian Child Abuse Whistleblower - do so of their own free will.

For those people who are new to the Child Abuse Whistleblowers Community page, I designed the page with much thought and after much legal research. I travelled and am still travelling a difficult administrative journey. There has been a lot of progress and some very significant wins, some I shared with others and some of my own.

At this stage much cannot be discussed or published due to matters currently being before the court or being prepared for court or due to victims and witnesses not giving me permission to publish details. I will provide some definitions for legal meta-language that may assist people who visit the Child Abuse Whistleblowers Community page. Although I am very much unwell physically my intellect is very much attuned to what is happening and I am still very much in possession of my teaching skills. Please peruse the following legal terms in an effort to stimulate your literal, lateral, critical and creative thinking skills.

Subjudice: A Latin term meaning that a matter is under judicial consideration and outside people or bodies are not allowed to comment on the case. (The Law and Society Book 1, Jacaranda Press, page 323, 1990.)

Subjudice: ...before a court of law or a judge, under judicial consideration. (Dictionary, Collins, page 1,493, 1992.)

Subjudice: A legal term meaning that the matter under consideration is the subject of court proceedings. Public comment on such matters is forbidden for fear of influencing juries or otherwise prejudicing a proper trial. Although comment in parliament is not restricted by law, it has become customary for Members of Parliament to abstain from comment or to restrict it in accordance with traditional rules adopted by parliament. (See also Parliamentary Privalege.) (Dictionary of Politics, Civics & Environment, Longman, page 232, 1997.)

Prejudice: Bias, the legal system attempts to ensure that no bias is present in the application of the law. (The Law & Society Book 1, Jacaranda Press, page 321, 1990.)

Prejudice: 1. Harm. 2.Intolerance. 3.Opinion. 4. Point of View. 5. Damage. 6. Persuade. (Macquarie Thesaurus, Jacaranda Press, page 873, 1991.)

Prejudice: 1. An opinion formed beforehand especially an unfavourable one based on inadequate facts. 2. The act or condition of holding such opinions. 3. Intolerance of or dislike for people of a specific race, religion, et cetera. 4. Disadvantage or injury resulting from prejudice. 5. In (or to) the prejudice of, to the detriment of. 6. Without prejudice. Law - without dismissing or detracting from an existing right or claim. 7. To cause to be prejudiced. 8. To disadvantage or injure by prejudice.... (Dictionary, Collins, page 1,183, 1992.)

Subpoena: Latin - Under a penalty. An order commanding a person to attend court to give evidence, or to produce a document or thing within the person's possession. A subpoena may be served personally on the person required to attend court. (Concise Australian Legal Dictionary 5th Edition, LexisNexis, page 607, 2015.)

Subpoena: A court order requiring a person to appear as a witness in court. (The Law & Society Book 1, Jacaranda Press, 323, 1990.)

Subpoena: A legal demand that a person appear before a court or official inquiry. A Royal Commission has the same power as a court to order witnesses to attend and give information. (Dictionary of Politics, Civics & Environment, Longman, page 232, 1997.)

NB: It is important to know that a document can be subject to a subpoena. Simply, a person who is engaged in a court proceeding may subpoena a document. Please ask your Local Court Staff for instruction.

Contemporaneous Notes: When I attended the NSW Police Academy one of the first skills we were taught was the act of taking 'Contemporaneous Notes' - it translates to taken at the time or near to the time. This is why operational Police will always make notes in their Police Notebook when attending an incident. Assisting injured persons is always a priority, as is ensuring safety in a dangerous situation however contemporaneous notes must be made as soon as is practicable.

It is always prudent to make contemporaneous notes about any event that - you - the reader thinks may be of assistance in a legal procedure/proceeding. Please consider the following references.

Contemporanea expositio est optima et fortissima in lege: Latin, in law, a contemporaneous explanation is the best and strongest. The principle of construction stating that the best way of determining the meaning of an instrument is to read it in the sense in which it would have been understood when it was drawn up. (Concise Australian Legal Dictionary, LexisNexis, page 136, 2015.)

Statutory Declaration: A written statement of fact which a person signs and swears to be true. (The Law & Society Book 1, Jacaranda Press, page 322, 1990.)

I have shared the above information in my capacity as a registered Australian Teacher and as a public courtesy, in my capacity as a recognised Child Abuse Whistleblower. Please be mindful of the fact that there is currently no (Australian) Child Abuse Whistleblower legislation and as such I am committing no offence by sharing relevant information with the public.

Thank you for the continuing support. A reminder that all 'Private Messages' via the Child Abuse Whistleblowers Community page remain private, unless I am given permission to share information.

Much Peace & Much Respect - Amanda
    Last edited by Amanda, 2nd August 2016 at 03:38.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd August 2016), Cearna (22nd August 2016), Dreamtimer (24th August 2016), Elen (2nd August 2016), JRS (2nd August 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Personal Post for the Child Abuse Whistleblowers Community Page (Facebook)

This post contains information to assist those who may be new to learning about my journey as a recognised Australian Child Abuse Whisltleblower and to refresh the minds of those who may not have visited the page for some time.

No.1 = I am a registered Australian Teacher and my registration number is 227485. As such I am a Mandatory Reporter. There are professions and employment that incur the status of being a Mandatory Reporter. Examples are Education, Medical Professionals, Legal Practitioners, Police et cetera. It is considered a Criminal Offence, to not report any information relative to Child Abuse, when a person is a Mandated Reporter.

NB: For people who live in a location other than Australia, please feel free to research the appropriate legislation for where you reside.

No.2 = I am a former operational NSW Police officer and as such I have an understanding of legal procedures, legal protocols and legal meta-language. I do not ever provide legal advice but as a Teacher, who has a skills set that includes first hand knowledge of legislation. I can assist with the comprehension of legal terms and protocols.

I will be posting a series of legal terms over the next few weeks. I do this to assist those people who are currently engaged in legal proceedings and for those who are contemplating or actually preparing for court proceedings.

No.3 = There is no Child Abuse Whistleblower Legislation and as such I am committing no offence by sharing my personal Child Abuse Whistleblower journey with the public. I tread very carefully with regard to legal boundaries at all times.

No.4 = I have never spent a single cent on advertising. I have never paid any monies to join any social media website on the worldwideweb. I have been offered money and I have politely declined. In one very public instance, on a social media website I was smeared by public comments, alleging I was telling my story to make money. It was very timely that a person who had offered me money was online at the time of the allegation. That person publicly defended me and stated that I had politely declined an offer of money - in a public post.

NB: For locals people who follow the Child Abuse Whistleblowers Community page - I have attended Centrelink and alerted them to the fact I do not accept money. I did however alert them to the fact I have received, unexpectedly, gift cards. I used them to purchase groceries. Centrelink have recorded this information and informed me that the 'Gift cards' are of no interest to them. I include this item of information as a preventative defence to any local gossip mongering.

I state this so the public know that I have never advertised for victims and witnesses. In a court setting it could be argued that where any finance was involved, with regard to Child Abuse on a public forum, that I was procuring victims and witnesses. I would never engage in that activity.

Legal Definition of Procure: 1. To obtain by enticement, encouragement, persuasion, inducement or fraud ... et cetra. 2. To produce by endeavour. To set out to see that something happens and to take appropriate steps to produce the outcome. (LexisNexis Concise Australian Legal Dictionary, 5th Edition, Butterworths, Page.500.) Please feel free to investigate the legal definition of the word 'procure' further, for personal self-educational purposes.

No.5 = People contact me of their own free will. I maintain confidentiality at all times. Permission must be given to me for public sharing of any information and evidence given to me.When people contact me of their own free will, all matters discussed via private communications remain private unless I am given permission to share details.

Any person who claims that I am privy as a third party, to any matter, particularly matters that are currently before the court or being addressed by professional agencies - must have gained that allegation via unauthorised monitoring of my electronic personal communication equipment. The only other manner of making that allegation could be via a professional who has breached the legal boundaries of confidentiality. I can think of NO OTHER manner in which information alleging that I am a third party, in any legal proceeding could have been procured.

More to come over the next few weeks. Have been quiet due to working on my physical health. Thank you for your patience and deepest gratitude for the continuing support here and elsewhere.

Please consider sharing any posts that have an educational focus, as the educational information shared here, may help people to learn about their legislative system. I think, in particular those people who cannot afford legal representation and take the brave and inspirational steps towards representing themselves, in legal situations, may find the posts of assistance.

Much Peace & Much Respect - as we continue to seek answers to our questions - Amanda

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd August 2016), Cearna (22nd August 2016), Dreamtimer (24th August 2016), Elen (22nd August 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Legal Definitions - Legal Meta-Language - General Information

It appears that within Australia (and elsewhere) there is a proliferation of people, who are engaged in Family Law Court matters. I thought it would be prudent to assist members of the public with some legal definitions, in an attempt to help people understand the legal meta-language that forms part of the procedures and protocols of Family Court legal matters.

When researching the most relevant Family Court legal meta-language, I found a wide array of terms that relate directly to family Court matters. The list includes but is not limited to the following; 1. Family 2. Family Court Matters 3. Family Counsellor 4. Family Court of Australia 5. Family Court of Western Australia 6. Family Court Registry 7. Family Dispute Resolution 8. Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner 9. Family Law 10. Family Law Council 11. Family Law Court 12. Family Law Regulations 13. Family Law Rules 14. Family Member 15. Family Provision 16. Faily Relationship Centres 17. Family Report 18. Family Violence 19. Family Violence Intervention Order 20. Family Violence Order (Pages. 250 - 252.)

There is also a term titled: ICL - Independent Childrens Lawyer. (Page. 319.) As well as terms such as; Child, Child Agreement, Child Assessment, Child Assessment Order (Page. 95.) Child Related Proceedings (Page. 95.) Child Rights (Page. 95.)

All legal definitions relayed from the most recent publication: (LexisNexis Concise Australian Legal Dictionary, 5th Edition, Butterworths, 2015.)

Please feel free to conduct your own research and to contrast and compare other legal references. Also be mindful that I research and share from my location of Australia - people who reside outside Australia will need to research the relevant legal meta-language for the country that applies to your legal situation. Perhaps in some circumstances the need to research International Legislation will be helpful.

I have also included other helpful terms. I am including legal meta-language that has been included in many many many communications, in which I have engaged since my journey as an Australian Child Abuse Whistleblower began, in 2011. I am opening up the Child Abuse Whistleblower Community page - to include and educational focus.

My journey here on facebook, where I created the Child Abuse Whistleblower Community page has become much larger that I could ever have anticipated. I commenced the pubic aspect of my Child Abuse Whistleblower journey as an exercise, to initially relay my first hand experience directly with the pubic, as an absolute last option. I unexpectedly met others who had experienced the same experiences and similar to myself.

One of the first things to happen was that I was contacted privately by people who supported me and even shared information and evidence that directly supported what I had shared publicly. Due to the fact that there is no Child Abuse Whistleblower Legislation in Australia - I tread carefully and never disclose any information or evidence shared with me in private. Unless I am given permission to share information and/or evidence - I adhere to strict boundaries of confidentiality.

Anyone who has been following my Child Abuse Whistleblower journey will know that a very public attempt to smear me - failed. I was accused of naming a victim in public. I would never name any victim or witness in public unless I was given permission. Fortunately I have a very organised filing system that consists of printed hard copies of communications as well as USB devices, as well as particular individuals who hold documents in trust - as well as a technologically skilled underground, who hold documents in trust. All documents held in trust are done so - with the long standing agreement, that should any harm come to me - everything - will be uploaded on my behalf. Documents being held in trust - are a lawful precaution - nothing more, nothing less.

Needless to say, the very public attempt to smear my good name, resulted in me locating among my filed items, the proof I needed to show the public that I had never engaged in the actions on which the smear campaign was constructed. I actually possessed time and date stamped electronic mail, that showed quite clearly that I had not engaged in the actions that were alleged. In fact it was a public identity who works in the area of mainstream radio - that had engaged in the alleged actions.

Other legal terms and meta-language will be explored and shared via the Child Abuse Whistleblowers Community page over the coming weeks. Terms such as the following; Whistleblowing (Page. 665.) I note that there is still no Child Abuse Whistleblower Legislation here in Australia and perhaps not elsewhere either. Natural Justice (Page. 423.) Law of Nature (Page. 366) Lawful (Page. 367) Lawful Arrest (Page.367.) Lawful Authority (Page. 367.) Lawful Excuse (Page.368.)

I will endeavour to post at least one educational post each day. Please let me know whether the posts are of assistance. I am very much capable of becoming the Student and learning from others. Crimes Against Children are of particular concern and we need to be vigilant and to learn as much as we can about the current and proposed legislation - that impacts on all Children, as well as those Adults who care deeply about the safety and well being of All Children.

Please keep in mind that I am currently a registered Australian Teacher. Registration No. 227485. When I initially went public as a Child Abuse Whistleblower I was contacted by the local CSO (Catholic Schools Office) legal representation, which came to naught. The CSO that I refer to here is Wagga Wagga - the location listed in the endnote of the Academy Award Winning Movie: Spotlight. It is uplifting to know that my Child Abuse Whistleblower journey is being watched and noted and included in such a public manner.

Also please know that at the same time the Wagga Wagga CSO legal representation had contacted me - I was also reported to the Department of Education by the local government school. The Department of Education investigated me and cleared me of any wrongdoing. That is a huge win, among many other wins, on this heart breaking journey. So, know that I am a registered Teacher and as such I am committing no crime by practicing my Teaching skills here within the Child Abuse Whistleblower Community page.

As a moot note, I have not published the correspondence from the Department of Education as it includes a polite request not to do so. I have adhered to that request although I have shown the document to a variety of people - done mainly as a protective measure against gossip mongers, liars, shills, trolls and disinformation agents.

I will endeavour to break up the legal information, into 'lessons' that are small and easy to read, rather than providing links to huge sites where the large amounts of information and evidence may be overwhelming - for those who require support while learning. I am not going anywhere - the destruction of all aspects of my life has seen to it that I am now available - via my intellect - to help anyone who needs assistance to learn about the seemingly complex world of Jurisprudence.

Much Peace & Much Respect - as we learn to stand together, on the most important of issues - that of Crimes Against Children - Amanda

NB: Deepest gratitude to those who continue to support my Child Abuse Whistleblower journey - the visible following and the underground not so visible following. You humble me and keep me going - one careful step forward at a time.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th August 2016), Cearna (30th August 2016), Dreamtimer (26th August 2016), Elen (26th August 2016), Gemma (28th August 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Law - Common Law - Statute Law - Arrest

As an English lesson: Looking at the definitions of some of the basic terms used in the art of Jurisprudence, should be a valid starting point. This particular lesson is designed to assist with the understanding of some basic legal terms. The terms chosen for this lesson should serve to broaden the vocabulary of the reader and stimulate the knowledge base of the reader. The ensuing result should serve as mental stimulation and a practical reference for the application of the words explored.

Law We learn about the word law when we are young. Some people are subject to the first hand presence of law related professionals, such as Police, as one example, in the home. For others it can merely be a word that we know - and - not a word that has a practical application. In other words unless, as a Child a person grew up with a family member who is/was a Police officer or other law related professional - or - were arrested and perhaps even charged with an offence - the word 'Law' is just a word in the vocabulary of a person.

Some secondary school curriculums offer the opportunity to study law and law related subjects but still it is only a word - or - sets of words, that can be learned as part of a vocabulary repertoire but still not a practical application.

Here's an interesting focus, from the moment we are born and even before, law also known as legislation, can already be having an impact on your person and your life. Citing some examples, the birth of a Baby must not be concealed, it is a criminal offence to give birth and murder the Baby. A baby born out of wedlock may be offered up for adoption or in our modern age, be surrendered by a surrogate. The surrogate undergoes a natural womb development/gestation and once born the baby is given to the parents, who have chosen surrogacy as an option of planned parenthood.

Definition/Meaning/Interpretation

Law - The subject matter of the discipline of jurisprudence. Law is defined differently according to the particular jurisprudential school or methodology within which one is operating. (LexisNexis Australian Legal Dictionary, Butterworths, 2015, Page.366.)

Law - 1. Authority 2. Coming before 3. Command 4. Legal Profession 5. Rule (Macquarie Thesaurus, Jacaranda Press, 1991, Page.769.)

Law - The rules by which a community or country are governed. ( Dictionary of Political Terms, Collins, 1994, Page.110.)

Law - 1. A rule or set of rules, enforceable by the courts regulating the government of a state, the relationship between the organs of government and the subjects of the state and the relationship or conduct of subjects towards each other. (Dictionary, Collins, 1992, Page.855.)

At this point in the lesson it is an important aspect to know that there is Common Law and Statute Law. Learning to understand them in isolation may be of importance to some readers. Once the fundamental understanding of Common Law and Statute Law is grounded it can become easier to comprehend the application of the singular word 'Law' in the context of legislation. Keep in mind there are a variety of 'Acts' which pertain to specific areas of legislation. Each 'Act' is designed to offer clarity to the overall subject of Jurisprudence, to separate so that each area can be looked at properly.

Common Law - The unwritten law derived from the traditional law of England, as developed by judicial precedents, interpretation, expansion and modification. The common law creates specific criminal offences, contains rules of evidence and practice and procedure and sets out the rights and privileges of citizens. (LexisNexis Australian Legal Dictionary, Butterworths, 2015, Page.111.)

Common Law - 1. The body of law based on judicial decisions and custom, as distinct from statute law. 2. The law of a state that is of general application, as distinct from regional customs. (Dictionary, Collins, 1992, Page.311.)

Common Law - Law based on custom, precedent and court judgements. (Dictionary of Politics, Civics & Environment, Longman, 1997, Page.44.)

Common Law
    - ... may be divided into two forms: statutory law which is enacted by legislature and common law which is formulated by judges. (Australian Criminal Justice, Oxford University Press, 1999, Page.7.)

Statute Law - The body of law contained in Acts of Parliament rather than constitutions, delegated legislation or judicial decision. (LexisNexis Australian Legal Dictionary, Butterworths, 2015, Page. 599.)

Statute Law - The sum of all the Acts of Parliament, Federal, State and Territory. Statute Law is the written law, contrasting with common law which is based on precedent. The two together make up the law of the country. Despite painstaking drafting of Acts and often extensive discussion and amendment in parliament, the meaning of legislation is frequently the subject of argument and litigation. (Dictionary of Politics, Civics & Environment, Longman, 1997, Page.231.)

Statute Law - 1. A law enacted by a legislative body. 2. A particular example of this. (Dictionary, Collins, 1992, Page.1,466.)

The word 'arrest' has a variety of meanings. It was featured in one of the first of many university level lessons that I attended as a NSW Police Student some years ago. Just to be clear, I am now a former operational NSW Police officer. The focus on interpretation and actual application of the legal term 'Arrest' is imperative for any reader who wants to truly understand the word, in its lawful setting.

Arrest - To seize a person or property by legal authority or warrant. (LexisNexis Australian Legal Dictionary,Butterworths, 2015, Page.40.)

Arrest - To deprive (a person) of liberty by taking him into custody, esp.under lawful authority. ... to catch or hold (one's sight, attention et cetera.) (Dictionary, Collins, 1992, Page.81.)

Arrest - 1. Capture 2. Imprisonment 3. Inaction 4. Stopper 5. Stoppage 6. Obstruct 7. Stop (Macquarie Thesaurus, Jacaranda Press, 1991, Page. 472.)

Arrest - To apprehend or take into custody a person suspected of having committed a crime. (The Law In Society Book 1, Jacaranda Press, 1990, Page. 314.)

Arrest - Arrest is not the only procedure available to commence a criminal prosecution. It can also be initiated by the use of a summons. ... that options other than arrest be available in relation to minor offences. (Australian Criminal Justice, Second Edition, Oxford University Press, 1999, Page.44.)

Powers of Arrest

A term some readers may have heard at some time in their life is; Citizens Arrest. It actually refers to a lawful right that is an entitlement of every citizen. I share direct references below;

Law Enforcement (Powers and Responsibilities) Act 2002 - Section 100
    Power of other persons to arrest without a warrant
    100 Power of other persons to arrest without a warrant (of Crimes Act 1900, s 352)
    (1) A person (other than a police officer) may, without a warrant, arrest a person if:
    (a) the person is in the act of committing an offence under any Act or statutory instrument, or
    (b) the person has just committed any such offence, or
    (c) the person has committed a serious indictable offence for which the person has not been tried.
    (2) A person who arrests another person under this section must, as soon as it is reasonably practicable, take the person, and any property found on the person, before an authoirsed officer to be dealt with according to law.
    (http://www.austlii.edu.au/legis/nsw/...2451/s100.html)

Above reference located via the worldwideweb but it is also located within the LexisNexis Annotated Criminal Legislation NSW, Butterworths 2015-2016, Page.1,888, and listed as [21 -s 100] Power of other persons to arrest without warrant.

Have included the following legislative references by their specific titles, so that any interested readers can continue their learning.

[21 - s 105] Arrest may be discontinued
    [21 - s 108D] Person to be informed that conversation will be recorded
    [21 - s 108E] Recording not authorised after arrest

My intention is to practice my research and teaching skills, in the expectation that the notes will assist those people, who are interested in learning about the legislation that governs their lives. What I share is not legal advice - it is educational.

As a recognised Australian Child Abuse Whistleblower one aspect of all that has been shared with me is this; Quite often people find themselves engaged within legal procedures that appear complex and overwhelming. This can be due to the fact some people have never had so much as even a parking ticket.

Courtrooms and other professional settings can seem like a person has been transported to a foreign location, where those in positions of authority speak what sounds like an unknown language. To learn even a little legal meta-language can be of help. The other huge problem is the financial cost of legal representation.

In my many and varied communications as a recognised Australian Child Abuse Whistleblower I am noting many many many people are electing to represent themselves during legal proceedings. Keep learning people. Keep asking questions. Keep opening books and keep reading. Okay - the worldwideweb is very useful but anyone who knows anything about me - knows this: I completely respect all books of reference.

Much Respect - as we keep taking one careful step forward at a time - Amanda

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th August 2016), Cearna (28th August 2016), Dreamtimer (14th September 2016), Elen (28th August 2016), Gemma (28th August 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks

Family Law - Family Law Court

Let's start this lesson with a basis on some legal definitions. The legal terms I have chosen have all been referenced from within LexisNexis Legal Dictionary, 5th Edition, Butterworths, 2015. Additional references will be supplied where applicable.

Since my Child Abuse Whistleblower journey commenced in 2011 I have learned much about legal proceedings that involve Children. I have learned much about the Family Court and will share a small selection of information - to provide a base for continued learning. Please remember that when I share my personal research notes - they are not to be thought of as legal advice - they are intended to be educational. I sincerely intend my personal research notes to assist people who want to, not just know more about the legislation that dominates our shared society but to actually understand the legislation.

1. Family - Parents and children and others related by blood or marriage; often including people linked through cohabitation and mutual support. Family members need not be connected by marriage. Merely sharing accommodation, however, may not necessarily involve becoming a member of a family. Et cetera. (Page.250.)

2. Family Court of Australia - A superior federal court of record established by the Commonwealth Parliament: Family Law Act 1975 (Cth) s 21. The family court is vested with jurisdiction relating to matrimonial causes, the guardianship and parental responsibility for children and upon reference from participating states, financial matters relating to de facto and other cohabitive relationships. Et cetera. (Page. 250.)

3. Family Court of Western Australia - A court established by the State of Western Australia which administers all types of family law: Family Law Act 1997 (WA) s 9. While the Commonwealth Government may make agreements with the various States to establish State Family Courts at the expense of the Commonwealth (Family Law Act 1975 (Cth) s 41). Western Australia is the only State to have done so. The court has jurisdiction in both State and federal family law matters; Family Law Act 1997 (WA) ss 35, 36. (Page.250.)

4. Family Law - The area of law relating to the regulation of domestic or personal relationships and the consequences that flow from the end of such relationships. Et cetera. (Page.251.)

5. Family Law Rules - Rules of the Family Court of Australia made by the judges of the court in relation to the practice and procedure to be followed by courts, exercising jurisdiction under the Family Law Act 1975 (Cth) s 123(1). The Rules include such matters as the filing of documents, time limits, appeals and costs. Et cetera. (Page.251.)

6. Family Violence Order - Under s 4 of the Family Law Act 1975 (Cth), an order made under a prescribed State or Territory law to protect a person from family violence. The circumstances surrounding the making of a family violence order may be relevant to parenting cases. Family Law Act 1975 (Cth) s 60CC(3)(k). (Page.252.)

Online references of interest;

Commonwealth Numbered Acts - Family Law Act 1975 No.53 of 1975 - Section 121
    121. Restriction on publication of evidence
    (1) A person shall not print or publish -
    (a) any statement or report that proceedings have been instituted in the Family Court or in another court exercising jurisdiction under this act; or
    (b) any account of evidence in proceedings instituted in the Family Court or in another court having jurisdiction under this Act, or any other account or particulars of any such proceedings.

(http://www.austlii.edu.au/legis/cth/...5114/s121.html)

Personal Note: Sometimes the above legal reference is referred to as a 'Gag Order' as it is designed to prevent contaminating the court proceedings and to prevent any legal professional from becoming unable to be impartial. Should anyone reading these notes, know of any legal procedure that has been circumvented or in anyway misrepresented before a court - it would be prudent to bring the issue to the express attention of an appropriate legal authority. Essentially the above reference to Section 121 is stating that people must not publish evidence that is before the court. The rest of the Act - in my interpretation refers to the implications for those people who decide to go against what is cited in Section 121 (1) (a) & (b).

In one instance that was relayed to me via an anecdotal manner, a parent was so concerned for the welfare of their child, that they stepped over the legal boundaries cited above just to ensure the matter was raised within the courtroom. Certainly an extreme example but if you are going to proceed that way, you may want to explore other options before taking such drastic measures. I fully understand that a parent will do (just about) anything to protect their child - so while I fully understand the rationale of desperation when no one is listening or offering tangible assistance - be prepared to (perhaps) gain a criminal record for your actions.

Western Australian Current Act Family Court Act 1997 - Section 3
    3. Contents of this Act
    This Act -
    (a) provides for the Family Court of Western Australia and for certain other State courts to exercise the federal jurisdiction invested in them by or under the Family Law Act 1975 of the Commonwealth; and
    (b) provides for the Family Court of Western Australia and for certain other State courts to exercise non-federal jurisdiction conferred on them by or under this Act; and
    (c) provides for the Family Court of Western Australia to exercise jurisdiction under any other written laws or for the purposes of any other Commonwealth law.

Western Australian Current Acts - Family Court Act 1997 - Section 66
    66. Object of Part and principles underlying it - FLA s. 60B
    (1) The objects of this Part are to ensure that the best interests of children are met by -
    (a) ensuring that children have the benefit of both of their parents having a meaningful involvement in their lives, to the maximum extent consistent with the best interests of the child; and
    (b) protecting children from physical or psychological harm from being subjected to, or exposed to, abuse, neglect or family violence; and
    (c)ensuring that children receive adequate and proper parenting to help them achieve their full potential; and
    (d) ensuring that parents fulfil their duties and meet their responsibilities, concerning the care, welfare and development of their children.

(http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/w...97153/s66.html)

In order to be concise I have elected to supply references not just as a courtesy but to aid those who are pressed for time and can best be supported in their learning via direct electronic links. I also understand that not everyone can read long passages of typed notes while staring at a computer screen. I also consider the fact that not everyone who has a computer has a printing device.

Again - I am reminding people who visit to read notes shared via the Child Abuse Whistleblowers Community page here and elsewhere - that they are not intended to replace legal advice. I will also state very clearly - if you are currently involved in any legal proceeding and you know that legal protocols have been circumvented or breached - please seek legal advice, conduct your own research or otherwise contact a relevant professional authority. You can take action but be careful how you take that action. Many people who have never been before a court until such a time, they are plunged into a Family Court matter can be overwhelmed by the courtroom and all the procedures. To the unknowing and/or uneducated a courtroom, any courtroom can seem as though only those who belong to a secret club can understand what is happening. I am utilising a more relaxed style of writing to assist those who could do with a moment to relax. Remember courts are for information and evidence to be explored and to see that justice is seen to be done. Do not be overwhelmed. When it is your turn to speak - politely state your case - that is your Lawful Right and always will be.

Much Respect - Amanda

NB: Next notes to be shared will feature Domestic Violence Legislation.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th August 2016), Cearna (30th August 2016), Dreamtimer (30th August 2016), Elen (30th August 2016), Gemma (1st September 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks

Contemporaneous Notes & Statutory Declarations

Have already mentioned Contemporaneous Notes and Statutory Declarations. Due to recent multiple communications with people, I am going to (again) share notes on these two very important administrative tools for recording information and evidence.

When something happens that may result in legal action it is always important to keep a written record of what happened. Should legal action not ensue then at least the information and evidence is kept safe - many times people speak to me about historic events. Even if a person does not think the information and evidence is important or relevant at the time - it is always prudent to write some notes, dot point is fine and then put them somewhere safe.

Contemporaneous Notes: Essentially the literal meaning is, made at the time or near to the time. As an example a Police Officer or a Legal Practitioner or a Medical Professional always makes contemporaneous notes when a citizen/client/patient first presents. Obviously medical or other assistance comes first but details will always be recorded as a matter of administrative necessity. Many a time, an incident will come to have a more important meaning at a later date.

Tip: Make Contemporaneous Notes - as a precaution. Always start with Time - Date - Place and then some notes about the event. When a serious matter comes to light at a later date Contemporaneous Notes can be incredibly valuable.

Contemporanea expositio est optima et fortissima in lege = (Latin) A contemporaneous explanation is the best and strongest. The principle of construction states that the best way of determining the meaning of an instrument is to read it in the sense in which it would have been understood when it was drawn up. (Australian Legal Dictionary , LexisNexis, Butterworths, 2015, Page.136.)

An instrument, used within legal meta-language can refer to a document. Making Contemporaneous Notes is a very powerful manner in which to ensure information can become evidence within a legal setting. If there is one aspect of a courtroom that is always in place - it is in presenting facts not guesswork.

Statutory Declarations are an excellent manner for recording information and evidence. A Statutory Declaration must be witnessed by a JP (Justice of the Peace) or other authorised professional.Templates can be found online - print off a hard copy and write in your own hand or type up the document and then print. Keep in a safe place should you be making a Statutory Declaration for the future. Know that a Statutory Declaration is the best option for any legal situation that has a sense of immediacy/urgency.

Statutory Declaration: A declaration made in writing for the purpose of allowing a person to formally declare something to be the case without taking an oath or making an affadavit. ... are made in matters not the subject of any judicial inquiry or in any pending case. A person who willingly makes a false statement in a Statutory Declaration is guilty of an offence. (Australian Legal Dictionary, LexisNexis, Butterworths, 2015, Page.600.)

What the above is inferring is that when an actual legal proceeding has been instigated or is already in progress - a Statutory Declaration is not generally accepted as evidence to be included in the brief. What it can do is become an excellent record of events that can, for example, be utilised when making a statement for Police or a legal professional.

Another example is that a Statutory Declaration can be tendered to a professional agency, who are currently addressing a situation or have commenced an investigation. When important information and/or evidence occurs while awaiting a response from a professional agency - a Statutory Declaration can be made, witnessed and forwarded to the professional agency as an adjunct to supporting the progress being made.

When a legal situation is ongoing, it can be helpful to make a Statutory Declaration for each and every incident that happens. When incidents happen regularly or even randomly, having each incident recorded via a Statutory Declaration can be a vital support for when the events become a matter that is placed before a court. Make at least one copy of the original document and keep it in a safe place and consider making at least one other copy to be given to a person of integrity - to be held in trust.

I am aware that for some readers this is the same information/evidence being repeated but please know that when I am contacted by members of the public, of their own free will, I am listening to the same requests for knowledge. Start with Contemporaneous Notes and Statutory Declarations and at the very least - valuable information and evidence will be recorded for either the immediate future or at a time to be determined in the future.

Much Peace & Much Respect - as we seek answers to our questions - Amanda

NB: Domestic Violence Orders - those notes, as promised will come soon. Thank you for the continuous support. To those who contact me and share their information - thank you for trustiung me. Much is happening at present - as already mentioned - all matters of a serious matter are either already before the courts, being prepared for court or are being addressed by professional agencies. Progress is being made - even though the current serious matters cannot be discussed publicly - know that progress is being made. Trust is essential even though it is unseen - it is very powerful and not to be abused. I tread carefully and I am learning that many others are treading carefully as well.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th September 2016), Dreamtimer (14th September 2016), Elen (14th September 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Wanting to share a comment that was made via a social media website. The comment comes from a person who has obviously been following my Child Abuse Whistleblower journey. The person has the username: giveuswisdom. The person first cited a direct quote from me;

Originally posted by Amanda Gabriel.

7. With regard to item number six- it was brought to my attention by multiple locals that the arrest and detainment of the local priest was on the front page of every local and regional newspaper - but - not the newspaper of the town where the creator of the Child Abuse Whistleblowers Community page resides. All the local and regional newspapers featured the priest on the front page, all but one, where the article was buried within the publication and reduced to a few words, with no real discernible headline.

giveuswisdom responded in part with:

Now why am I not surprised by this revelation? The Catholic church is, hands down, the most vile, evil institution on this planet. I was brainwashed by them for the first twelve years of my life, or should I say 'attempted brainwashing' ...

But it is truly disturbing to see how power and money can control the news. And here is an obvious example of that. The Vatican can't 'buy' every news reporter, but they *can* and *do* buy off/threaten the key disseminators of info.

And it appears that in this case the area you've become a whistleblower is a cesspool of paedophiles. (Continued.)(The above comments were posted/published on 3rd of August 2016 at 8:58 am.)

The social media website on which the above is published, have a designated forum for the discussion of Child (Sexual) Abuse issues. The long running thread now has 34,042 views but it would be more by now.

Just thought I would share the above comments for those who are interested. Thank you everyone for the continuous support.

Much Peace & Much Respect - Amanda

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th September 2016), Dreamtimer (17th September 2016), Elen (17th September 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks

Domestic Violence Legislation

Many people who are involved in trying to care for their Child/Children become known to their local Police - which may come to involve what we commonly refer to as an AVO and its full title = Apprehended Violence Order.

This update is designed to help people understand the legislation and how it is applied and how it should work. When it is applied and supported and acted upon by Police, the legislation can work to save lives. It has to be addressed when a breach happens and that is a must.

The full title of the legislation is: NSW Consolidated Acts - Crimes (Domestic & Personal Violence) Act 2007.

(Link: www.austlii.edu.au)

I will share here a few selected Sections of the Act and people who need to know more can engage in their own further research and study. Be mindful that I am referencing NSW Legislation due to living in that state. In Australia it is prudent to research the legislation that is directly relevant to the state or territory in which you reside. Outside Australia - there will be legislation that is directly relevant to the title of these notes - so - research the same and similar terms with regard to your country of residence.

Section 9 - Objects of Act in relation to domestic violence

(1) The objects of this Act in relation to domestic violence are:
    (a) to ensure the safety and protection of all persons, including children, who experience or witness domestic violence, and
    (b) to reduce and prevent violence by a person against another person where a domestic relationship exists between those persons, and
    (c) to enact provisions that are consistent with certain principles underlying the Declaration of the Elimination of Violence Against Women, and
    (d) to enact provisions that are consistent with the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.

(2) This Act aims to achieve those objects by:
    (a) empowering courts to make apprehended violence orders to protect people from domestic violence, intimidation (including harassment) and stalking, and
    (b) ensuring that access to courts is as safe, speedy, inexpensive and simple as is consistent with justice.

Section 10 - Object of Act in relation to personal violence

(1) The object of this Act in relation to personal violence is to ensure the safety and protection of all persons who experience personal violence outside a domestic relationship.

Section 14 - Offence of contravening apprehended violence order

(1) A person who knowingly contravenes a prohibition or restriction specified in an apprehended violence order made against the person is guilty of an offence.

(6) Where the court determines not to impose a sentence of imprisonment, it must give its reasons for not doing so.

(8) A police officer must make a written record of the reasons for:

(a) a decision by the police officer not to initiate criminal proceedings against a person for an alleged contravention of subsection (1) or (9) (whether or not the person is arrested), or ....

(9) A person who attempts to commit an offence against subsection (1) is guilty of an offence against the subsection and is punishable as if the offence had been committed.

Legal Note: The Law Enforcement (Powers and Responsibilities) Act 2002 contains powers of police officers in relation to suspected offences, including a power to arrest a person, without a warrant, if the police officer suspects on reasonable grounds that a person has committed an offence.

Personal Note: Do not forget your Powers of Arrest as a Citizen - Section 352 (1) (a) & (b) of the NSW Crimes Act. Other States & Territories & Countries will have a relevant item of legislation with regard to a Citizen Arrest.

Section 15 - Application for making of apprehended violence order by court
    Personal Note: Section 15 refers to a person who wants to make an application.

Section 16 - Court may make an apprehended violence order

(2) Despite subsection (1), it is not necessary for the court to be satisfied that the person for whose protection the order would be made in fact fears that such an offence will be committed, or that such conduct will be engaged in, if:

(a) the person is a child

(b) the person is, in the opinion of the court, suffering from an appreciably below average general intelligence function, or

(c) in the opinion of the court:

(i) the person has been subject at any time to conduct by the defendant amounting to a personal violence offence, and

(ii) there is a reasonable likelihood that the defendant may commit a personal violence offence against a person, and

(iii) the making of the order is necessary in the circumstances to protect the person from further violence.

Section 17 - Matter to be considered by court

(1) in deciding whether or not to make an apprehended violence order, the court must consider the safety and protection of the protected person and any child directly or indirectly affected by the conduct of the defendant alleged in the application of the order.

Section 41 - Measures to protect children in apprehended violence order proceedings

(1) This Section applies to the following proceedings or part of proceedings:

(a) proceedings in which an apprehended violence order is sought or proposed to be made for the protection of the child,

(b) proceedings in relation to an application for the variation or revocation of an apprehended violence order if the protected person or one of the protected persons is a child,

(c) any part of proceedings in which an apprehended violence order is sought or proposed to be made in which a child appears as a witness,

(d) any part of proceedings in relation to an application for the variation or revocation of apprehended violence order in which a child appears as a witness.

Section 93 - Jurisdiction of District Court under this Act

The jurisdiction of the District Court by this Act is conferred on the Court in its criminal jurisdiction.

Section 98M - Dealings if serious domestic violence threat

(1) In this section

"dealings" with information means the collection, use or disclosure of the information.

(2) An agency may, despite the privacy legislation, deal with information about a person without the consent of the person if the agency believes on reasonable grounds that:

(a) the particular dealing is necessary to prevent or lessen a domestic violence threat to the person or any other person, and

(b) the threat is a serious threat, and

(c) the person has refused to give consent or it is unreasonable or impractical to obtain the person's consent.

Personal Note: The above Section would certainly be useful when there is a Child involved one would think - yes?

I share the above as a public courtesy as many people have asked me questions about legislation that is available and how it can be applied to their situation. Perhaps these notes cannot be applied to your own situation but may be of help to someone you know. Please consider sharing any of the educational notes that I post. Feedback is suggesting that the notes I am sharing that refer to legislation are of great assistance.

Please know that when looking at any Act - it can at first be daunting and overwhelming as there is so much information. My suggestion is to look at the Title of the Act and make sure it is the one relevant to your research. Perhaps look at 'Definitions' and then look at each Section. It can be helpful to look in the Sections at the end of the Act - sometimes referred to as 'Miscellaneous' as there can be some very interesting items of information recorded under that subtitle.

Stay safe and keep reading and keep learning. Knowledge is not just power it can save your life or the life of another. Thank you for the continuous support. Much is still happening and all of it is still of a confidential nature. I refuse to step over legal boundaries and ruin any case of another person or of my own. There has been a small victory recently but the matter is still before the court and thus is still being finalised. Thank you everyone for understanding the untenable position I am in - of having to keep the confidence of many many many people. In time I will be able to share a wealth of information and evidence - in an effort to assist all interested people - to learn about their legislative systems and how to make it work to protect all Children.

Much Respect & Much Peace - Amanda

NB: On a personal first hand experience: When I was a Student Police Officer and attached to a very large 24 hour Metropolitan Police Station, I recall my very first Domestic Violence job was a man calling for assistance. I mention this because I am contacted by many men as well as women. I am here to share information and evidence with everyone who is interested in the subject of Crimes Against Children.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st September 2016), Dreamtimer (21st September 2016), Elen (21st September 2016), modwiz (18th October 2016), sandy (21st September 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Update: Matters that are before the court mean that I am not in a position to share recent information with the public - as much as I would like to I have to adhere to legal boundaries.

Recently I asked two researchers to assist me. I needed to reference publicly available articles regarding Children who had died as a result of fatal harm - and - were already known to Police and other professional agencies.

Sadly, the references to publicly available articles were sent to me rather quickly. I asked two researchers I trust, separately, to assist me. Independent of each other, both researchers sent me articles with hardly any overlap. In other words they both located many articles without knowing that the other was doing.

What I share here is a list of Children in Australia, who have died and yet the Child/Family were more often than not, known to professional agencies. The list is not comprehensive but designed to show that professional agencies are more often than not, aware of the Children/Family before a death ensues.

Heartbreaking as this post is - it is a necessary part of the sad journey of any person who is interested in learning about the soul destroying subject area of Child Abuse - Crimes Against Children.

1. Tiahleigh Palmer 12 years - Deceased.

"Children don't slip through the net, they are failed by the system." (www.news.com.au 24th September 2016.) "Tiahleigh was allegedly murdered by her foster father to cover up an incestuous relationship with his son." (www.stuff.com.nz 28th September 2016.)

2. This is the same school that Tiahleigh Palmer attended. Title of news article: Marsden State High School community in shock after death of Year 10 Student." (www.couriermail.com/au/questnews/logan 23rd April 2013.) "This is the second suicide of a student from Marsden High in the last three months. What the hell is going on at that school?" (https://m.facebook.com/9News/posts51...?_mref-message 22nd April 2013.)

3. Male Baby 11 months - Deceased.

"The boyfriend of a woman whose baby died in Gippsland has been charged with murder in the sixth suspicious death in the last year. The boyfriend of the baby's mother, Jason Noy, was arrested and charged with the murder of the 11 month old." (www.theage.com.au 11th July 2016.)

4. Female Child 2 years - Deceased.

"A 27 year old Sydney mother ... has been formally refused bail after being charged with the murder of her two year old daughter." (www.9News.com.au 15th September 2016.)

5. Sanaya Nikat 14 months - Deceased.

"Sanaya is another victim of family violence.... Her mother Sofina Nikat, who has been charged with murder.... ... sought assistance from the Department of Health and Human Services. ...moved to a safe house ... still exposed to perpetrators of family violence. (www.theage.com.au 13th April 2016.)

6. Sam Rigney-Wilson 5 years & Korey Rigney-Wilson 6 years - Deceased.

(https://au.news.yahoo.com/.../emotio...-as-classmates... murder-south-australia-children-and-mother/ 3rd June 2016.)

7. Leonie Astra Hutchinson 16 months - Deceased.

"Fifteen years after her disappearance, police have arrested a woman and expect to charge her with little Leonie's murder. A 2011 inquest was told that police found a note inside the toddler's blue medical records book that suggested the girl was already dead.(www.kidspot.com.au& www.smh.com.au 16th March 2016.)

8. Elijah Doughty 14 years - Deceased.

"Doughty's Aunt said the teenager was the third person in the family to die in recent weeks. (www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article 26th September 2016.)

9. Braxon Mossman-Riley 2 years - Deceased.

"The body of 2 year old Braxon Riley was found with that of his 25 year old mother Jasmine. A facebook post from Jasmine's facebook account spoke of domestic violence and mental health issues ...." (https://www.facebook.com/faceaus 29th March 2016.)

10. Zoe Buttigieg 11 years - Deceased.

"A former Mildura man has pleaded guilty to the murder and sexual assault of an 11 year old girl at her home in Wangaratta." (www.sunraysiadaily.com.au 13th August 2016.)

11. David Mamo 3 years - Deceased.

"... we all remember David Partridge 38, who along with the boy's mother Melissa Field, brutally beat 3 year old David Mamo to death, and cruelly mocked him as he died, back in February 2006. ... the court was shown shocking mobile phone footage of David Partridge mocking the dying boy, hours before he died of a ruptured bowel, at the Women's and Childrens Hospital." (https://www.facebook.com/facaaus 7th August 2016.)

12. Koda Little 4 years & Hunter Little 9 months - Deceased.

"The mother whose husband shot himself and his sons before driving off Port Lincoln Wharf...." (www.dailytelegraph.com.au 1st March 2016.)

13. Mason Parker 16 months - Deceased.

"Troy William Reed, was found guilty of murdering his former partner's 16 month old son Mason .... Reed, a former soldier...." (www.cairnspost.com.au 1st November 2015.)

14. Lachlan Bullock 5 months - Deceased.

"A Perth mother has admitted unlawfully killing her 5 month old son Lachlan...." (www.perthnow.com.au 27th June 2016.)

15. Brayden Dillon 9 years - Deceased.

"Nine year old Brayden Dillon died in hospital in February and his father Graham Stuart Dillon has been charged with murder. The mother of the Canberra boy ... has slammed ACT authorities for ignoring her family's pleas for help. Ms Jones said she spent the past three years trying to fight her way through a system that ignored her. I spoke with the police, with child protection... was going to the police station ... Brayden's school. Neighbours and other family members also attempted to flag their concerns .... I was ridiculed. I was mocked. They made me feel like I had problems or I was trying to make problems." (mobile.abc.net.au/news 2nd September 2016.)

16. Mason Jet Lee 21 months - Deceased.

"Mason Jet Lee was one of five Children BASHED to DEATH last year, while under the 'care' of Qld child safety. A woman charged with the manslaughter of her toddler, was in an abusive relationship." (https://www.facebook.com/facaaus & www.abc.net.au 1st August 2016.)

17. Eight Children 18 months to 15 years - Deceased.

"Eight brothers and sisters aged from 18 months to 15 years old have been found stabbed to death in a house in Australia .... Mother has been charged. She has mental health problems." (www.telegraph.co.uk & www.news.com 20th December 2015.)

18. Braxton Slager-Lewin 22 months - Deceased.

"Braxton was days away from being returned to his mum and dad." (www.news.com.au 22nd May 2015.)

19. Nikki Francis-Coslovich 2 years - Deceased.

"The father of two year old Nikki Francis-Coslovich, who was found dead in a Mildura house in Victoria's north-west, says child protection had been monitoring the family." (www.abc.net.au 29th August 2015.)

20. Male Child 7 years - Deceased.

"The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, died in 2013 after suffering blunt force injuries to his head. After the boys death, the court heard his body showed numerous old injuries, including fractures to the ribs, left foot and a finger and linear marks on his hands and buttocks. Kodi Maybir, gave varying versions of what happened, to police." (www.heraldsun.com.au/news 8th October 2015.) NB: The mother has been sentenced with manslaughter.

21. Male Baby 2 months - Deceased.

"A Queensland police officer has been charged with the murder of his baby son in 2014. ... the two month old died of 'significant' injuries at a Victoria Point home on June 28, 2014." (www.brisbanetimes.com.au 30th January 2016.)

22. Chloe Valentine 4 years - Deceased.

"... history of abuse and neglect. ... Chloe was the subject of more than 20 notifications to child protection." (theconversation.com/abuse-and-neglectaustralias-child-protection 23rd October 2014.)

23. Tanilla Warrick-Deaves 2 years - Deceased.

"... it became known that more than 100 reports had been made.... ... they watched a tiny pink coffin being lowered into the ground." (m.dailymercury.com.au 1st June 2014.)

24. William Tyrell 3 & a half years - Missing and possibly Deceased.

Known to professional agencies.

The death of every Child impacts on us as a society. The fact that the list above could be compiled at all - is a sad reflection on us all. It is compounded by the fact that more often than not - Children/Family are known to Police and other professional agencies.

People have shared their painful experiences with me and provided me with documented information and evidence. All Children deserve to be protected.

Nydelig Unger - You are not Nameless and You are not Forgotten.

Much Respect - as we seek answers to our questions, Peace for our anger, solutions for the problems and a united voice for All Children - Amanda

NB: Many thanks to the two researchers who assisted me. Likewise many thanks to all those who support the Child Abuse Whistleblowers Community page and other threads - visibly and otherwise.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th October 2016), Dreamtimer (18th October 2016), Elen (18th October 2016), modwiz (18th October 2016), sandy (18th October 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Here is what happened when I recently asked a legal question. The question I asked was based purely on legal procedure.

I will state very clearly here that I was not and am still not placing any focus on the Judge, the court or the outcome. I am very interested in why a particular legal procedure was in place.

1. The title of the news article is: Catholic priest Father Neru Leuea found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent. The link to the news article is: http://www.areanews.com.au/.../4233....uilty-of-rape/

2. My interest in the news article was and still is based on the legal procedure that was applied. The trial was by Judge only with no Jury.

Section 80 of the Australian Constitution states very clearly that every offence under the auspices of the Commonwealth will be tried by a Jury.

3. I contacted a major local court to ask my question - purely about the legal procedure of why there was no Jury. The court officer was polite but could not answer my question on legal procedure. She deferred to her superior. She returned to the phone after politely excusing herself and gave me a phone number for the DPP (Department of Public Prosecutions).

4. I utilised the phone number given to me for the DPP. The person who answered the phone at the office of the DPP could not answer my question on legal procedure. She deferred to someone I can only assume is her superior. She returned to the phone and would not answer my question. No reference to any legislation was provided - nothing. I mentioned Section 80 of the Australian Constitution and still she could not/would not answer. I was polite and she told me she would have to terminate the phone call - several times she stated this - as I was making comments of - I have to get my head around this....

I could not believe that the DPP could not or would not answer my question - purely about legal PROCEDURE?????

I stated no you will not terminate this phone call - I am being polite as are you - you have not answered my question about legal PROCEDURE - I called you and I will terminate the phone call. Which I did. I do not know whether they record phone calls - as so many professional agencies do these days.

5. Finally - from within a Closed Group and via a Share of my thread I received some answers and even links to legislative procedures. ( I am referencing fb.)

In part;

" ... it is straightforward. The charges were State based not Commonwealth offences."

"The answer to your question is that the DPP must have agreed to the defendant's request for a Judge alone trial. If the DPP does not agree, there must be a Jury trial. ...."

The comments above come from a person who is a legal practitioner.

Further;

".... However generally speaking, the Registry staff of the Local Court should assist you on procedural questions or make the file available to you for inspection, should they be permitted by the Court. The office of the DPP do not have to speak with you at all.

You have the option in each case to make an application under GIPPA for documents (The Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (NSW). This is known as Freedom of Information. There is a small fee for this.

NB: The DPP is exempt from producing documents relating to their prosecuting functions (Schedule 2 Item 1)."

So there you have it people - a random exercise on how to find the answer - to a specific question - regarding legal procedure. What I have been given via two random individuals is wonderful - now I can continue to ask questions - research via the legislation cited and find more information and evidence - with which to enrich my critical thinking skills.

The aim of sharing the outcome of my question asking adventure, is to assist anyone who is reading this post. Keep learning everyone and keep thinking - not just literally or even laterally - but - deeply and critically. Don't forget to engage in Creative Thinking as well - where we problem solve.

Much Respect & Much Peace - as we continue to seek answers to all our questions - Amanda

NB: Huge expression of heartfelt gratitude to those who read, participated, shared and ultimately assisted by providing answers to my simple and uncomplicated question about legal procedure. I now have many questions about why the serious offence of an allegation/historical report of Child Sexual Assault was not a Commonwealth offence. I am also asking questions of the DPP and its role as a public office - is the office, at first sight, well protected and even perhaps immune from scrutiny of the very public they represent???? Let's see where my research leads.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th October 2016), Cearna (24th October 2016), Dreamtimer (24th October 2016), Elen (24th October 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Thanks Amanda and a even bigger thank you for moving ahead as to why this was deemed NOT a Commonwealth offence?

NB: Huge expression of heartfelt gratitude to those who read, participated, shared and ultimately assisted by providing answers to my simple and uncomplicated question about legal procedure. I now have many questions about why the serious offence of an allegation/historical report of Child Sexual Assault was not a Commonwealth offence. I am also asking questions of the DPP and its role as a public office - is the office, at first sight, well protected and even perhaps immune from scrutiny of the very public they represent???? Let's see where my research leads.
    Last edited by Elen, 24th October 2016 at 08:44. Reason: Fixing the quote

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Useful Post:

Amanda (25th October 2016), Aragorn (24th October 2016), Cearna (24th October 2016), Dreamtimer (24th October 2016), Elen (24th October 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 1,040 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by sandy View Post
    Thanks Amanda and a even bigger thank you for moving ahead as to why this was deemed NOT a Commonwealth offence?

Indeed Amanda a lot of questions still, to come I suspect. Thank goodness we have those who question.
    Last edited by Elen, 24th October 2016 at 08:48. Reason: Removed a surplus Quote mark

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Amanda (25th October 2016), Aragorn (24th October 2016), Dreamtimer (24th October 2016), Elen (24th October 2016)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Cearna View Post
    Indeed Amanda a lot of questions still, to come I suspect. Thank goodness we have those who question.
    Exactly, they should not get away with it anymore...

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Amanda (25th October 2016), Aragorn (24th October 2016), Dreamtimer (24th October 2016)