Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 373

Thread: If Not Trump

  1. #76
    Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Join Date
    20th December 2022
    Posts
    671
    Thanks
    630
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Well now here's something for consideration: what if it's all bullshit?

    Would that make it all a waste of your time, all that more interesting, or just part of the drama for this week's exciting episode?
    I think it would make it productive. And yes, it is all bullshit, its all an illusion we invest in, but we don't know that because its often unconscious until the same pattern happens over and over and we become conscious of it. Or we go into denial and don't. Or until we have those quiet moments when we see its all just illusion and then invest in the illusion again until we do that a zillion times and stop believing it.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (4th June 2023), Aragorn (3rd June 2023), Fred Steeves (3rd June 2023), Wind (4th June 2023)

  3. #77
    Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Join Date
    20th December 2022
    Posts
    671
    Thanks
    630
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts

    Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P087SYOV6_I


    Don't believe me, that's fine. But Gabor isn't blowing smoke up people's ass. It's not what happened to you, it's what happened afterwards. Or what you think is bothering you isn't what is bothering you.
    Last edited by Wind, 4th June 2023 at 01:43. Reason: fixed your video link, but YT says it's not available anymore. Is this the right video?

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (4th June 2023), Aragorn (3rd June 2023), Chuckie (3rd June 2023), Wind (4th June 2023)

  5. #78
    Senior Member Chuckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Location
    Earth I
    Posts
    12,056
    Thanks
    36,406
    Thanked 42,854 Times in 11,800 Posts
    Oy vey, Boids, ok, let's have it your way. Time for another dramatic confession. I admit to sneaking into my dad's bedroom in the middle of the night after my mother died, just to check that he was still breathing. We can call that a 'daddy' issue if you insist. But let me add, that doing that is a common behavior for children that lose a parent at a young age. So is it really an issue or just a way of coping with the reality?
    “I am a social justice...advocate and I say, "Stop the Hate!"

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chuckie For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (4th June 2023), Aragorn (3rd June 2023), Wind (4th June 2023)

  7. #79
    Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Join Date
    20th December 2022
    Posts
    671
    Thanks
    630
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    Oy vey, Boids, ok, let's have it your way. Time for another dramatic confession. I admit to sneaking into my dad's bedroom in the middle of the night after my mother died, just to check that he was still breathing. We can call that a 'daddy' issue if you insist. But let me add, that doing that is a common behavior for children that lose a parent at a young age. So is it really an issue or just a way of coping with the reality?

    Not very dramatic.

    That's avoiding the issue, not an actual issue.

    I used to roam around at 5 am climb into bed with my parents, pee their bed, get in bed with my sister....pee her bed, sister two; pee the bed, sister 3; pee the bed, and then my brother; pee the bed. Wow what a fuss that caused so I made sure to do it as often as possible--I had all the adults that were always bossing me around or tormenting me on the run. That was me grasping a power I wasn't old enough to have. Or maybe I was marking my territory because I hid in the doghouse too much but it wasn't an actual issue. It was a sign of a developing issue but it didn't traumatize me and it only traumatized everyone else as much as they allowed it to.

    You seem to grasp your issue very well, even relating the symptoms but you don't to move to clear it which says more than you aren't saying.

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (4th June 2023), Aragorn (3rd June 2023), Chuckie (3rd June 2023), Wind (4th June 2023)

  9. #80
    Administrator Aragorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    17th March 2015
    Location
    Middle-Earth
    Posts
    20,167
    Thanks
    88,079
    Thanked 80,777 Times in 20,181 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    I used to roam around at 5 am climb into bed with my parents, pee their bed, get in bed with my sister....pee her bed, sister two; pee the bed, sister 3; pee the bed, and then my brother; pee the bed.
    You must have had a huge bladder then.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (4th June 2023), Chuckie (3rd June 2023), Wind (4th June 2023)

  11. #81
    Senior Member Chuckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Location
    Earth I
    Posts
    12,056
    Thanks
    36,406
    Thanked 42,854 Times in 11,800 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    Not very dramatic.

    That's avoiding the issue, not an actual issue.

    I used to roam around at 5 am climb into bed with my parents, pee their bed, get in bed with my sister....pee her bed, sister two; pee the bed, sister 3; pee the bed, and then my brother; pee the bed. Wow what a fuss that caused so I made sure to do it as often as possible--I had all the adults that were always bossing me around or tormenting me on the run. That was me grasping a power I wasn't old enough to have. Or maybe I was marking my territory because I hid in the doghouse too much but it wasn't an actual issue. It was a sign of a developing issue but it didn't traumatize me and it only traumatized everyone else as much as they allowed it to.

    You seem to grasp your issue very well, even relating the symptoms but you don't to move to clear it which says more than you aren't saying.
    Ah, the crux of the biscuit. That is exactly true to a varying degree. I just decided that all that stuff was more trouble than it was worth...And just moved my head along.
    “I am a social justice...advocate and I say, "Stop the Hate!"

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chuckie For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (4th June 2023), Aragorn (4th June 2023)

  13. #82
    Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Join Date
    20th December 2022
    Posts
    671
    Thanks
    630
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    You must have had a huge bladder then.
    I still do

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (4th June 2023), Aragorn (4th June 2023), Chuckie (3rd June 2023), Wind (4th June 2023)

  15. #83
    Senior Member Fred Steeves's Avatar
    Join Date
    1st May 2016
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,568
    Thanks
    4,909
    Thanked 11,806 Times in 2,537 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    Oh hell no, we are just starting the purge. Vomit up all this shit on a cellular level and then...
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Well now here's something for consideration: what if it's all bullshit?

    Would that make it all a waste of your time, all that more interesting, or just part of the drama for this week's exciting episode?
    Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    I think it would make it productive. And yes, it is all bullshit, its all an illusion we invest in, but we don't know that because its often unconscious until the same pattern happens over and over and we become conscious of it.
    Think smaller, orders of magnitude less philosophical.

    If you're Dr. Phil, and start to suspect that the never ending gusher of drama from your latest client is nothing but bullshit for the cameras and the attention they bring, no matter how ridiculous it may make them look, are you good with that to keep on rolling with the never ending diagnosis... regardless?

    Mind you you're Dr. Phil in this hypothetical, not Jerry Springer.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

    Socrates

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (4th June 2023), Aragorn (4th June 2023), Diabolical Boids (4th June 2023)

  17. #84
    Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Join Date
    20th December 2022
    Posts
    671
    Thanks
    630
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Think smaller, orders of magnitude less philosophical.

    If you're Dr. Phil, and start to suspect that the never ending gusher of drama from your latest client is nothing but bullshit for the cameras and the attention they bring, no matter how ridiculous it may make them look, are you good with that to keep on rolling with the never ending diagnosis... regardless?

    Mind you you're Dr. Phil in this hypothetical, not Jerry Springer.

    That is the nicest thing that someone said to me all week!! Which tells you what sort of week I've had.


    It does actually cause a retraction of the pain body. For a few hours. I mean it gets quiiiiiiiieeeeet. For a little way while it broods over the awful person that made them retract.

    And you can't keep crying for help and then getting pissy and blaming others without it becoming super obvious after a while.

    And dangling shit like that in front of me is like dangling a polyp in front of surgeon.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (4th June 2023), Aragorn (4th June 2023), Chuckie (4th June 2023)

  19. #85
    Super Moderator Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th January 2015
    Location
    Just here
    Posts
    7,124
    Thanks
    33,376
    Thanked 27,095 Times in 7,138 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    Oh hell no, we are just starting the purge. Vomit up all this shit on a cellular level and then go win the lottery.
    Hey, I've been there too.

    Unfortunately that "abandonment" trauma is highly relevant to me too, I suspect it might be even past life related which it probably is. Abandonment feels worse than death and then it comes up romantic relationships until the trauma is resolved. Been there, done that although I don't think I've fully healed the issue, the scar tissue still remains. Actually there's a lot of irony there, my astrologer said that I have a lot of issues to resolve with the heart in this life, both literally and metaphorically. Born with heart defect which got fixed, then only later emotional issues needing to resolved. Neither killed me so I guess I should thank my guardian angels.

    I'm glad to have had a very kind mother in this life, but even then things could have gone better. My mother was staying at home when my older brothers were young and when I was young too so the first few years there was a stay at home mother which probably was quite a healthy thing. If only there had been home-schooling too, but then again it's not so common at least here. It would require a lot from the parents.
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (4th June 2023), Aragorn (4th June 2023), Chuckie (4th June 2023), Diabolical Boids (4th June 2023)

  21. #86
    Senior Member Morocco modwiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th September 2013
    Location
    Nestled in Appalachia
    Posts
    6,720
    Thanks
    40,125
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Apparently, Trump triggers the pain body.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

    "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

    "Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

  22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (4th June 2023), Aragorn (4th June 2023), Chuckie (4th June 2023), Diabolical Boids (4th June 2023), Fred Steeves (4th June 2023)

  23. #87
    Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Join Date
    20th December 2022
    Posts
    671
    Thanks
    630
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    Apparently, Trump triggers the pain body.
    Yeah that was like four years of Trump triggering Daddy issues and now into 7. Actually Gabor Mate brought him up in some video I was watching today. Trump's father was allegedly a psychopath so in addition there's a butt ton of people reacting to wound resonance and projection in addition to the daddy stuff. They hate in Trump what they hate in themselves. Mate said Trump was more like the usual wounded child we trip over everywhere instead of a what he's usually framed as.

    Annyway....What a lost opportunity to get all your shit out in the open.

    Hey but good job putting thread on topic!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (4th June 2023), Aragorn (4th June 2023), Chuckie (4th June 2023), modwiz (4th June 2023), Wind (4th June 2023)

  25. #88
    Super Moderator Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th January 2015
    Location
    Just here
    Posts
    7,124
    Thanks
    33,376
    Thanked 27,095 Times in 7,138 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    Mate said Trump was more like the usual wounded child we trip over everywhere instead of a what he's usually framed as.

    Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNzcgKAWGcM
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

  26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (4th June 2023), Aragorn (4th June 2023), Chuckie (4th June 2023), Diabolical Boids (4th June 2023), modwiz (4th June 2023)

  27. #89
    Senior Member Fred Steeves's Avatar
    Join Date
    1st May 2016
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,568
    Thanks
    4,909
    Thanked 11,806 Times in 2,537 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    Apparently, Trump triggers the pain body.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

    Socrates

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (4th June 2023), Aragorn (4th June 2023), modwiz (4th June 2023)

  29. #90
    Senior Member Morocco modwiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th September 2013
    Location
    Nestled in Appalachia
    Posts
    6,720
    Thanks
    40,125
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    Annyway....What a lost opportunity to get all your shit out in the open.

    Hey but good job putting thread on topic!
    You're welcome about the thread.

    My shit? OK

    Whining triggers my pain body.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

    "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

    "Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (4th June 2023), Aragorn (4th June 2023), Diabolical Boids (4th June 2023)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •