Thread: Usui Reiki Ryoho

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    WOW n wow
    yup
    Have a great day today

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th May 2023), Aragorn (20th May 2023), Wind (20th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,469 Times in 10,174 Posts
    In this day n age.

The jesus energy is important though n much of the money side has always been contenscious, just the amount of people put into their own power through Reiki is astounding but watch out for the devil, dear oh dear lol, oh what times

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th May 2023), Catsquotl (20th May 2023), Diabolical Boids (20th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (20th May 2023), Wind (20th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,103 Times in 20,306 Posts
    [...] but watch out for the devil [...]

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th May 2023), Catsquotl (20th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (20th May 2023), Wind (20th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,177 Times in 11,952 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Interesting, I just watched a bit, but he seems odd enough that he could have an 'effect'. I believe that some people can do it...it is about belief and the higher power. The channel isn't determinative, it is the 'power'. As Lucanus the healer might have said.
    Last edited by Wind, 21st May 2023 at 00:25. Reason: Don't quote the whole long post!
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st May 2023), Aragorn (20th May 2023), Wind (20th May 2023)

Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts
    Healing and energy healing is a fascinating subject to me. I've been practicing it a little bit over the years, but finally late last year I got my first degree initiation into Usui Reiki. I got it from a friend for free, but normally it would cost a couple of hundreds of euros to get. Likewise with the second degree, I have a chance to get it for free although I haven't felt the need for it yet.
    Such a good post. So many things worth repeating.

My daughter is level 1 and has been for 10 years. I know some off the chart Reiki masters but not many that compare to her so in her case level doesn't matter. She did have to work for me for a duration to fulfill the required exchange of energy. For her 2nd attunement I get her first-born child

I think the master level costs even more like close to a thousand euros?
    Yes. I think the drive is to make Reiki more affordable. I've seen some of these 1, 000 dollar and 10, 000-dollar classes where the students are given a handout of some symbols and lecture of few hours, wave the hands around and then the attunement and then Master and student never see each other again. They are not even in a dojo or a established facility. Hardly an equal exchange of energy. Really something like that is comparable to what a priest might be paid to give mass on Sunday.

I guess 10,00 for an attunement in Usui's day wasn't unusual. The Japanese also thought people wealthy enough to afford 10k had happy Karma and would make good healers. That was a cultural thing. Still it meant that people were serious enough make the investment and do the work. BUT....in the day Usui invested a lot of time with his practitioners, with the aim they become masters. It was a community of continued learning and healing and years might pass while they worked on mastership all of which was worth a lot of money. It's seldom like that in the West, so price should be adjusted accordingly.

I wonder about that, how that has become a business too. Energy healing is a very real thing and it works, but I wouldn't want to ask money for helping others like that. It should be donation based. Ethics is an important thing too with healing. A physician isn't doing his job just to get money, his innate motivation should be the desire to serve and heal people. Of course I understand that if it's your only source of income then you should be able to make a living too, but even then I think that energy healing should be accessible easily without money. Yet money can be seen as energy transfer and as a token of appreciation too.
    If we want more healers in the world we have to make sure they are able to eat. In the old days it meant the hunters gave a portion of the kill, the healer was supported by a patron or a family. Now in the days of post modernism where we no longer live as unified communities that means payment.

A doctor is paid, ultimately for his time (and education) regardless of if they cure you or not no matter how invested there are in the true intent of healing. Any service is like that. And I have noticed that there are people who don't pay, won't pay and can't pay. All different. People who won't or don't pay, they really do not invest in their own healing either. People who can't afford it there's ways of getting around that like with Reiki communities or by volunteering at a hospital so the cost is absorbed by the medical community. A certain amount of giving back should be part of any spiritual practice.

But people who don't pay start acting entitled, they expect all your time for free, they want oils, hypnosis, CDs, crystals, massage for free. Anything that isn't even Reiki related.

This energy is part of you. It has to be fed and respected like the rest of you. People who don't pay or exchange almost always do not think they have to pay or invest in their own healing.

They are non-compliant. They feel they shouldn't have to work on their own healing as if even the will to do so should be provided for them. And yes I discern their level of poverty. If they are receiving welfare, food stamps and are wearing 1,000 sneakers and have a 1,000 dollar phone then it's not that they can't afford, their priorities are not on their health. If they are physically ill, can't work, then that's a different matter. You will notice one has a sense of humility the other lacks.

There are rules of energy to follow and guidelines to take, and that is about humility because we think those subjects we don't agree with shouldn't be done or exist. Then we be humble and do them anyway and our eyes will be opened to the wisdom behind the words.

But with journey comes the time you are the master, you know the laws of energy, it becomes automatic, you know the laws of exchange and you can use your own discernment. And you will say that to many people over the years: "I, the master's discernment, not yours, not your judgement because you haven't walked the paths of masters to instruct them when you yourself cannot be humbled enough to be instructed."

Things like reiki should be used as a complementary healing method as it is often used in some countries. Then in secular countries like mine it's seen as pseudoscience which shows me the moronic arrogance of the "leading" medical and scientific industries.

It's used in a lot of hospitals here, and clinics which I think is a sign for the better. Nurses do Reiki and it really shows in their professionalism, their compassion and care vs medical facilities where Reiki is not. That is where we have the space to volunteer to those who can't afford.

I don't call it complementary even if it's a very good complementary medicine but its not up to me, you or whatever to decide what the energy will be. If that energy takes it upon itself to not be a complement and decides its going take someone off their death bed you can call whatever kind of medicine you want but its own living entity and it will do what it will. It's the very definition of free will. It's a life force. It's a living awareness. It's your SELF not your self.

So early on as a practitioner when my ego still engaged I'm doing energy work and I'm thinking "Okay I'm going to direct the energy here, and there will be no more pain in the shoulder.

And the energy is like "Yeah you go ahead do that dearling, and get out of my way."

Years later it becomes different and the energy wants direction, and intention. Then we realize the energy, the life force is a part of us. We call it energy but its a living life force with an awareness its the living life force of ourselves. Life force is an energy. And if you practice a little heart to brain coherence it will speak to you. Like clearly and coherently. And specifically, and we speak back to it accordingly.
    Last edited by Wind, 21st May 2023 at 00:00. Reason: Fixed quoting

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st May 2023), Aragorn (20th May 2023), Catsquotl (20th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (20th May 2023), Fred Steeves (20th May 2023), Wind (20th May 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    But people who don't pay start acting entitled, they expect all your time for free, they want oils, hypnosis, CDs, crystals, massage for free. Anything that isn't even Reiki related.
    Yes that happens sometimes, But hasn't been my sole experience.

What does happen more often in my experience is that I don't feel like helping because I'm a Jerk and ask for an energy exchange to make me feel better for donating my time.
    Both requirements for an exchange have nothing to do with spirituality but everything with the soothing of the ego..

Also nowhere is it written (Well it is written, but lies as far as I'm concernd) that spiritual practice asks for an energy exchange. Take theravada buddhism for instance where guidance, instruction and help is all based on a donation (Dana) basis.
    I know the story goes that Usui supposedly felt he was throwing pears before swine when not asking for anything in return.
    However that story is unverifiable. It is also said that after an earthquake Usui went out to help and heal as many people as he could. Often "treating" several people at the same time..

With Love
    Have a great day today

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st May 2023), Aragorn (20th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (20th May 2023), Wind (20th May 2023)

Thanks
    In this day n age.

The jesus energy is important though n much of the money side has always been contenscious, just the amount of people put into their own power through Reiki is astounding but watch out for the devil, dear oh dear lol, oh what times
    That's fine. You don't need to take money. So how are you supported or who supports you so you can do your work?

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st May 2023), Aragorn (20th May 2023), Catsquotl (20th May 2023), Wind (20th May 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Catsquotl View Post
    Yes that happens sometimes, But hasn't been my sole experience.
    What does happen more often in my experience is that I don't feel like helping because I'm a Jerk and ask for an energy exchange to make me feel better for donating my time.
    ....Just for today, I’m grateful

The universal spiritual answer is: Why refuse anything of all the things LIFE (the energy) has to offer?

Everyone struggles with issues and blocks of self-value especially when we go into healing even if the matter of money isn't an issue.

You can make that decision not to share or accept for yourself but not for others because the energy will do as it will regardless of what we feel. It may do things we disagree with.

Ultimately, we share or exchange because of an elevated emotion, one of the few that connects us and resonates in the morphogenic field as you called it and that reason is gratitude. We exchange because of gratitude. We take what is offered and given because of gratitude. Money may be the only way someone can show gratitude. It's portable, easy to carry, that may be all they have to give in gratitude, and the people we treat often cannot think out of the box to grant us something of a higher spiritual level. The people give in return because of gratitude. It's the cultivation of one of the most powerful energies that resonate in the field and give a return and exchange of manifestation.

Ego is rampant in healing, healing is filled with the unhealed.

It's very easy for one healer who is supported in their life to heal for free and then feel that puts them in a place where they can judge another healer who is not supported in the same way. And that is still ego. Someone, somewhere in the equation is not grateful.

Both requirements for an exchange have nothing to do with spirituality but everything with the soothing of the ego..
    I don't disagree with that when I hear it. I nod and say, Go ahead and fast its good for us. Just don't do it for so long you get a dis-ease.

But is also ego when we began to instruct the energy instead of being instructed and shown by it.

Now if we are unable to practice or have gratitude because the heart center is closed to ourselves that's different. It's not ego, its injury.

Also nowhere is it written (Well it is written, but lies as far as I'm concernd) that spiritual practice asks for an energy exchange. Take theravada buddhism for instance where guidance, instruction and help is all based on a donation (Dana) basis.
    It doesn't need to be written. It's shown. The energy shows it. What has been shown can be translated but ultimately the energy shows and is our guide, teacher and master. I'm not sure why calling a payment a donation makes it less contentious. Both of them should be given in gratitude and not given or withheld because of a scarcity mindset.

However that story is unverifiable.
    I guess eventually we find that anything Usui did was 'unverifiable' so how do we continue to trust in the means and ways and energy itself?

I find it a moot point because upon attunement, Usui becomes a spiritual ancestor. Then he can be appealed to for guidance like any other ancestor if the Energy itself doesn't verify for us.

It is also said that after an earthquake Usui went out to help and heal as many people as he could. Often "treating" several people at the same time..
    He did so out of gratitude that's all we do is operate in gratitude. Thats an episode of the healer giving back not receiving. I'm not Usui but I sat in a cancer clinic yesterday morning and treated several people at the same time visualizing their return to complete health while I was sitting there waiting for unrelated reasons. Then the entire clinic, the staff, anyone who came into the door past, present and future and fixed that energy there forever. Going way into the past to where the afflictions began to the present and then into the future, and then to the Reiki Practitioners who have a dept there because I'm grateful they can continue the work. I don't have to be Usui. I just have to be grateful.

Then I traveled and did Reiki all the way up the highway for no traffic jams and so road rage would be soothed and was grateful for no traffic jams or road rage. And that is how the day passes. Gratitude .

Is it an equal exchange? I don't know if gratitude can be weighed, measured or judged or should be.
    Last edited by Wind, 21st May 2023 at 00:00.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st May 2023), Aragorn (20th May 2023), Catsquotl (20th May 2023), Wind (21st May 2023)

Thanks
    I agree DB.

Dana differs slightly from donation. As in that it isn't a mandatory donation.
    In fact it isn't necessarily asked either.

Dana is a free offering out of gratitude if you will.
    And yes going at it until you become dis-eased isn't very healthy.

I do pet peeve about the notion that some energy or money exchange is a must. And often find myself arguing against that doctrine that seems to seep through a lot of western Reiki courses.
    As you show quite eloquently freely letting reiki flow from gratitude works just as fine as well.

With Love
    Have a great day today

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st May 2023), Aragorn (20th May 2023), Diabolical Boids (20th May 2023), Wind (21st May 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post

I'm worried about her. She hasn't logged on anymore since August 2022, at which time she was struggling with various serious cardiovascular issues, and if she's still among the mortals, then she's already 84 years old now.

I sent her an email on her birthday — the 19th of April — to congratulate her and check in on her, but she never replied to it.

well that wouldn't be a good sign, but she did say that a 'spiritual' advisor suggested she not spend time on social media...

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st May 2023), Aragorn (20th May 2023), Catsquotl (22nd May 2023), Wind (21st May 2023)

Thanks
    Funny, I just got her angel cards. I hate that part about fundamentalist versions of religions. Controlling through fear-mongering.

It seems that a lot of confused new agers have converted that way and then think everything besides Jesus-worship is demonic.
    If you practice Reiki long enough an ascended master or two eventually shows up. Christ nearly always make an appearance at some point even if you are not a fan of the religion.

I wonder if some healers have some lingering religious guilt and when Christ shows up they freak out and think he's showing up as a warning or punishment for doing Reiki when it's really just inevitable. Then they do a 180 degree turn and get all devout and renounce the very thing that prompted Christ to show up for in the first place.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st May 2023), Aragorn (21st May 2023), Catsquotl (20th May 2023), Wind (20th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,482 Times in 7,284 Posts
    I wonder if some healers have some lingering religious guilt and when Christ shows up they freak out and think he's showing up as a warning or punishment for doing Reiki when it's really just inevitable. Then they do a 180 degree turn and get all devout and renounce the very thing that prompted Christ to show up for in the first place.
    I wonder if it's guilt or fear. Fear which could be from subconscious programming, fearing judgement or eternal damnation due to "sin". Sin is misunderstood. People can do and live "wrong", but God doesn't judge people like that. The law of cause and effect has no empathy, it's just a mechanism which gives back eventually which is given out. It's nothing more than that. If every being was aware of that, the golden rule and the oneness of all life then they surely would only want to treat everything and everyone well. Yet part of the game seems to be that people have unawareness or ignorance about certain things, yet the mechanisms of the universe still keep on working. Or like with energy, all of this is just literally energy. Energy will find it's way too.

Christ is highly misunderstood too, as you say, an ascended master. We aren't here to worship Christ the figure although we can have faith that or in him because the energy of that archetypical avatar is extremely powerful. There is the man from Nazareth and then being of Christ who embodied the Christ Consciousness. He showed people the message of love and unconditional love never judges. It's about operating from a higher consciousness of love. Being a conduit for that energy.

"I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in (Christ consciousness) me,
    can do the same miracles I have done, and even greater things than these will you do."

Love is patient, love is kind.
    It does not envy, it does not boast,
    it is not proud.
    It does not dishonour others,
    it is not self-seeking,
    it is not easily angered,
    and it keeps no record of wrongs.
    Love does not delight in evil
    but rejoices with the truth.
    It always protects,
    always trusts,
    always hopes,
    and always perseveres.
    Love never fails.
    Last edited by Wind, 21st May 2023 at 09:48.
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st May 2023), Aragorn (21st May 2023), Catsquotl (21st May 2023), Diabolical Boids (21st May 2023), Emil El Zapato (21st May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,469 Times in 10,174 Posts
    That's fine. You don't need to take money. So how are you supported or who supports you so you can do your work?
    Feel you have missred my post Dia B, bought a table at an auction last week and 1st guinea pig was two nites ago, exchange. 13 years ago i stopped when i started working with children full time ( stressss lol ), did the odd treatment in certain cicumstances when asked, partner n ex continued with reiki etc treatments and as we split three years ago, i feel it has taken 3 years to be competent, ready again, pretty sacred stuff, have taught 1st reiki for free, well a pass it forward-on, free but only at festivals where no charging allowed, n heck the joy sometimes of a newbie

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st May 2023), Catsquotl (21st May 2023), Emil El Zapato (21st May 2023)

Thanks
    I wonder if it's guilt or fear. Fear which could be from subconscious programming, fearing judgement or eternal damnation due to "sin". Sin is misunderstood. People can do and live "wrong", but God doesn't judge people like that. The law of cause and effect has no empathy, it's just a mechanism which gives back eventually which is given out. It's nothing more than that. If every being was aware of that, the golden rule and the oneness of all life then they surely would only want to treat everything and everyone well. Yet part of the game seems to be that people have unawareness or ignorance about certain things, yet the mechanisms of the universe still keep on working. Or like with energy, all of this is just literally energy. Energy will find it's way too.

Christ is highly misunderstood too, as you say, an ascended master. We aren't here to worship Christ the figure although we can have faith that or in him because the energy of that archetypical avatar is extremely powerful. There is the man from Nazareth and then being of Christ who embodied the Christ Consciousness. He showed people the message of love and unconditional love never judges. It's about operating from a higher consciousness of love. Being a conduit for that energy.

can do the same miracles I have done, and even greater things than these will you do."

Love is patient, love is kind.
    It does not envy, it does not boast,
    it is not proud.
    It does not dishonour others,
    it is not self-seeking,
    it is not easily angered,
    and it keeps no record of wrongs.
    Love does not delight in evil
    but rejoices with the truth.
    It always protects,
    always trusts,
    always hopes,
    and always perseveres.
    Love never fails.

That's pretty amazing isn't it? That little bit is just a sample of the message.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st May 2023), Aragorn (21st May 2023), Wind (21st May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,482 Times in 7,284 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    That's pretty amazing isn't it? That little bit is just a sample of the message.
    "It is easy to think that the Church has a lot of different objects—education, building, missions, holding services. Just as it is easy to think the State has a lot of different objects— military, political, economic, and what not. But in a way things are much simpler than that. The State exists simply to promote and to protect the ordinary happiness of human beings in this life. A husband and wife chatting over a fire, a couple of friends having a game of darts in a pub, a man reading a book in his own room or digging in his own garden—that is what the State is there for. And unless they are helping to increase and prolong and protect such moments, all the laws, parliaments, armies, courts, police, economics, etc. are simply a waste of time.

In the same way the Church exists for nothing else but to draw men into Christ, to make them little Christs. If they are not doing that, all the cathedrals, clergy, missions, sermons, even the Bible itself, are simply a waste of time. God became Man for no other purpose. It is even doubtful, you know, whether the whole universe was created for any other purpose."
    ~ C. S. Lewis
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st May 2023), Aragorn (21st May 2023), Emil El Zapato (21st May 2023)