Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RFK Jr.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts

RFK Jr.

An early heads up.

So the last time I voted in a national election was 2010, and afterwards I swore I'd never vote again because it was such a waste, and a waste of my time.

Last go around 2020, some may remember that I was surprisingly impressed with that newcomer Tulsi Gabbard, but as time wore on I saw her fudging her positions more and more, and by the time I saw her speaking at CPAC of all places, that's all I needed to see. "You almost had me fooled there"...

Now this Robert Kennedy Jr. guy I haven't really ever followed all that closely, except enough to know he was a big anti vax advocate; but being I didn't have a horse in that race to go head on either way, only paid him attention peripherally.

Now he's got my full attention, and I never thought in a million years I may not only vote again, but it might be for a Kennedy? I abhor family dynasties like the Bushes and Clintons, but this guy is cut from a different cloth, and I swear he's actually got me believing that he's genuine! And not just that, his knowledge of world issues is impressive, he knows his shit about a wide range of issues unlike the empty suits.

He would fit in well on forums such as this.

Of course there's a long way to go, but when I see someone talking the way he is, I can't but help but see another assassination target. He's been asked about that, if he's afraid of being killed for what he's saying, that there are fates worse than that like losing your freedoms. He's looking for a peaceful revolution. The democrat establishment are certainly sharpening their own long knives.

In this 9 minute video, Jackson Hinkle does a good job at generalizing what he's saying:

CIA led coups around the world
    The US creation of ISIS with resulting mass refugee crisis heading north into Europe.
    The war in Syria.
    The war in Iraq.
    He wants to break up the CIA.
    Says Russia won't lose because it's existential to them.
    Believes the CIA killed his father and uncle.

He blames the CIA for dirty deeds around the world, blames them for the murder of his father and uncle, and is essentially saying he's coming after them. Wow!

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAixopc8Kis

Here's another short clip from FOX 11 Los Angeles:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaaICrk-bCY

Tulsi Gabbard sort of started off along these lines, but quickly started back peddling, in this case I think he's all in.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

161803398 (1st August 2023), Aianawa (13th May 2023), Aragorn (13th May 2023), Diabolical Boids (13th May 2023), Lord Sidious (13th May 2023), modwiz (13th May 2023), Wind (13th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,102 Times in 11,916 Posts
    Exactly, for one thing he is magnitudes more annoying to listen to than Slo Joe, not to mention he is more than half crazy. And, I've got to get my victim plug in here, he's a racist. In other words fair-to-middling when it comes to the right's candidates. Seriously, I think you would be very comfortable voting for him.

Oops my bad, he's a lefty (I was thinking of John Kennedy)...so he's not a racist that I'm aware of, everything else is unchanged.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 12th May 2023 at 22:42.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th May 2023)

Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts
    Nice try Fred, it had lots of potential as a topic.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th May 2023), Aragorn (13th May 2023), Fred Steeves (13th May 2023), modwiz (13th May 2023), Wind (13th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,445 Times in 1,680 Posts
    If he is indeed as legit as he seems, then he would be a good inheritor of the JFK legacy.............
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th May 2023), Aragorn (13th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (13th May 2023), Fred Steeves (13th May 2023), modwiz (13th May 2023), Wind (13th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Know a certain lady who would be very nice indeed, alongside him, MaWi

yes ?>

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (13th May 2023), Fred Steeves (13th May 2023), modwiz (13th May 2023), Wind (13th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Know a certain lady who would be very nice indeed, alongside him, MaWi

yes ?>
    You're hopeless with her.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th May 2023), Aragorn (13th May 2023), Fred Steeves (13th May 2023), Wind (13th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Indeed lol how she is even more than the perriffereeee atm shows great creative change n courser valuations

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (13th May 2023), Fred Steeves (13th May 2023), Wind (13th May 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post

I'm kind of interested in where RFK is going myself. He's been in the background for most of his career, but unlike most career politicians has been an industrious little bee. As of right now there's not a hint of scandal around him and they have had decades to dig up the dirt on him but never have so will be interesting to see how they try to drag down this new blip on the radar.

The MSM makes RFK a standout with how obvious they are trying to pretend he doesn't exist but at the same time having to admit to his existence because he is after all a liberal. It's like they don't know what to do with a moderate liberal after two decades of extremism and are waiting for America's remote controllers to come out from the shadows and give advice.

Frex: MSM normally treats any anti vaccine stance as people having the mind of the serial murderer, but they didn't really go there with RFK.

Of course there's a long way to go, but when I see someone talking the way he is, I can't but help but see another assassination target. He's been asked about that, if he's afraid of being killed for what he's saying, that there are fates worse than that like losing your freedoms. He's looking for a peaceful revolution. The democrat establishment are certainly sharpening their own long knives.
    Losing freedoms? A return to American values IS an interesting approach after two decades extremism, mutilation, racist math, safe spaces, crayons and wokeism. May be a boring candidate for younger voters who have lived-in upside-down world since Y2K?

I see where you are coming from. I don't know. Is an actual bloody political assassination necessary with today's MSM, social media, an infantilized population ready to believe anything? With a few keystrokes and made-up slander stories you can character assassinate and ruin a career and a candidate in moments. No bloody Sunday, or bullets required.

I more see RFK going the way of Bernie Sanders. The DNC will drag the Turnip and WhatsHerFace up from the bottom of the polling cellar, insert them at the top, explain it away as 'gaining massive popularity in a historic uptick of just eight hours'. That will just be accepted without objection like they did with Sanders ...twice. I may be jaded but I don't think they ever do anything differently.

In the meantime, it will be interesting to see where RFK goes with this and how he responds to the usual attacks if he begins to pose a threat. He's probably going to really highlight Biden's inability and refusal to debate.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

161803398 (1st August 2023), Aianawa (14th May 2023), Aragorn (13th May 2023), Fred Steeves (13th May 2023), modwiz (13th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    If he is indeed as legit as he seems, then he would be a good inheritor of the JFK legacy.............
    Yes, if he does indeed earn that title (of which he still has plenty of time to piss it away like Tulsi did hers), let's just hope for a different ending.

Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    Losing freedoms? A return to American values IS an interesting approach after two decades extremism, mutilation, racist math, safe spaces, crayons and wokeism.
    I haven't heard him say "a return to American values", only concern about losing freedoms such as freedom of speech, because once that's gone the party's over. The return to American values has been used by so many hollowed out politicians, and because I don't even know what these wonderful values from the thrilling days of yesteryear really are, it means little to me.

Are we talking eras where we had a better work ethic for instance, or eras when black people had better stay on their side of the tracks? Eras where we had won the revolution and were free from King George and his tyranny, or when we set out on maybe the biggest genocides this planet has ever seen?

You point out some serious problems with what passes as the Left these days, I'm pointing out one of many problems I see with conservative logic - exactly what/when is this golden era they wish us to return to, like when the little woman's place was in the kitchen, but papa bear brought home good solid money, had a comfortable pension, and they could take a long vacation every summer?

I see where you are coming from. I don't know. Is an actual bloody political assassination necessary with today's MSM, social media, an infantilized population ready to believe anything? With a few keystrokes and made-up slander stories you can character assassinate and ruin a career and a candidate in moments. No bloody Sunday, or bullets required.
    You may well be right there. It's never been easier to ruin someone with some keystrokes, or establishment talking heads chirping away in unison from the latest song sheet passed down from on high. Being at 20% in the polls already though is breathtaking, it happens less and less often the more time passes, but breakthroughs I believe are still possible. Like a diver who ran out of air, and breaks the surface just as their lungs are about to explode from that last held breath. Democrats are looking for a way out again, just like in 2016 when many of them bailed Team Blue and put Trump over the top, only to have him break all their brains with TDS not long after.

If RFK manages to run the gauntlet of long knives, that I think is when it gets dangerous for him.

I more see RFK going the way of Bernie Sanders. The DNC will drag the Turnip and WhatsHerFace up from the bottom of the polling cellar, insert them at the top, explain it away as 'gaining massive popularity in a historic uptick of just eight hours'. That will just be accepted without objection like they did with Sanders ...twice. I may be jaded but I don't think they ever do anything differently.
    Sigh, I hear ya... and that may well be the case, but from what I see from him so far anyway, he might be the guy in Bernie's shoes again except he grabs the spotlight with "do you people see what just happened here!!!

Something like that could be a game changer, all bets off. Ah, dare to dream.

In the meantime, it will be interesting to see where RFK goes with this and how he responds to the usual attacks if he begins to pose a threat. He's probably going to really highlight Biden's inability and refusal to debate.
    Sigh again... that's actually one of the few things I DON'T like about RFK, like Bernie, he says "I'm great friends with Joe Biden, for decades".

I'd be lying if I said that little worry is not seated comfortably in the back of my mind...
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th May 2023), Aragorn (14th May 2023), Lord Sidious (14th May 2023), modwiz (13th May 2023), Wind (13th May 2023)

Thanks
    Losing freedoms? A return to American values IS an interesting approach after two decades extremism, mutilation, racist math, safe spaces, crayons and wokeism. May be a boring candidate for younger voters who have lived-in upside-down world since Y2K?
    Things have been fucked up for a lot longer than two decades.
    And if those things are the only things that bother you, you're so far off course, you need to reassess.
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th May 2023), Aragorn (14th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (14th May 2023), Fred Steeves (14th May 2023), modwiz (14th May 2023), Wind (14th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Yes, if he does indeed earn that title (of which he still has plenty of time to piss it away like Tulsi did hers), let's just hope for a different ending.
    What is the JFK legacy exactly?
    And since when does a Politician ever deserve a chance?

I am sorry but in the great words of Lemmy a politician by definition is a professional liar.
    Also I have yet to see a politician not get corrupted one way or another once it receives some power.
    I truly believe that Power corrupts. The bigger the power, the bigger the corruption.

Only a psychopath or a narcissist would ever confuse that corruption for a price that needs to be paid while suffering the consequences of said power.

The fact that the world is run by whatever and their political minions doesn't mean it's ok to expect voting for a political figure will suddenly make it ok.
    Have a great day today

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th May 2023), Aragorn (15th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (14th May 2023), Fred Steeves (14th May 2023), Lord Sidious (14th May 2023), Wind (14th May 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    Things have been fucked up for a lot longer than two decades.
    And if those things are the only things that bother you, you're so far off course, you need to reassess.
    The post is about RFK not about what vague 'things' which is, I presume, is everything wrong with America going back to the colonies.

Assessment and Reassessment: It's not an appropriate place for me vomit up everything that bothers me pulling another thread off course.

There's got to be three or four threads reiterating everything wrong with America up to the Patriot Act twenty years ago? Why would they need to be repeated here?

Would the thread have been served better if I had pulled it off topic by regurgitating everything wrong with America?

Is it being served better now by being pulled off topic now because someone wants to indulge themselves with a personal grievance?

Fire away
    Last edited by Wind, 14th May 2023 at 13:17. Reason: Fixed quoting

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th May 2023), Aragorn (15th May 2023), Fred Steeves (14th May 2023), Lord Sidious (14th May 2023), Wind (14th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,307 Times in 7,221 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Catsquotl View Post
    What is the JFK legacy exactly?
    And since when does a Politician ever deserve a chance?
    My understanding is that ever since the murders of MLK, JFK and Bobby Kennedy by CIA/FBI, America has been politically, morally and spiritually compromised. It was coup d'état done by the military industrial complex and other criminal factions. Now money plays so much part in American politics that it is by definition corrupted. I don't know how you could fix that without completely restarting the system.
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

161803398 (1st August 2023), Aianawa (15th May 2023), Aragorn (15th May 2023), Diabolical Boids (14th May 2023), Fred Steeves (14th May 2023), Lord Sidious (14th May 2023)

Thanks
    Assessment and Reassessment: It's not an appropriate place for me vomit up everything that bothers me pulling another thread off course.
    Very good point
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th May 2023), Aragorn (15th May 2023)

Thanks
    I haven't heard him say "a return to American values", only concern about losing freedoms such as freedom of speech, because once that's gone the party's over. The return to American values has been used by so many hollowed out politicians, and because I don't even know what these wonderful values from the thrilling days of yesteryear really are, it means little to me.
    Since retaining Freedoms is the core of American values, I made that inference from his remark about not giving away freedoms.

Pissing away freedoms was never obviously socially popular until (whispers since its offensive) twenty years ago, post Patriotic Act where it became culturally and socially comfortable to give away freedoms pell mell for a little safety in which we really go nothing in return because realistically there is no guaranteed safety. The speed at which we gave up what lot we had left post 9/11 is likely why even those inclined towards safety then are now alarmed at how fast it evaporated.

Freedom puts a heavy obligation of responsibility on people. Maybe a majority were happy to give up the responsibility of Freedom post 9/11. Secretly relieved then and now. I notice that anyone like JFK who says that we have some of obligation towards the welfare of our nation ends up in a not a very good place. In that case, we bought the privilege to live like cultivated turnips. Buried, in the dark, comfortable, static, fed, watered, and safe until it's time to be eaten.

Are we talking eras where we had a better work ethic for instance, or eras when black people had better stay on their side of the tracks? Eras where we had won the revolution and were free from King George and his tyranny, or when we set out on maybe the biggest genocides this planet has ever seen?
    I don't think these golden eras existed really. We romanticize them. Every decade has something good or something horrible about it. I think when people look back in time and see a golden era they are actually yearning for a time when things were or seemed simpler than today where everything has to complicated and convoluted right down to having 300 genders that shift every five minutes. Usually, simpler times ideas are cultural and social not political and governmental. I think the 80's were a much simpler time, but then I was a teenager and didn't have much life experience about corruption and politics. So its more about perception than reality.

My dad liked to refer to times in the 40's as being a better time. That's when he could be a vagrant and ride the rails, runaway to Hollywood, and tip over outhouses, arrange to steal pies from the local cafe, and lie about his age to join the war. Mostly he was reminiscing about simpler times and when he had more freedom. The same corruption existed it just wasn't obvious to him or anyone really. He had more freedom because he was unsupervised child, had the temperament of a pirate, not that he was necessarily free to tip over outhouses.

So when people tell my father was one of men from the last Great Generation and ran off to fight the Nazis, I tell them realistically. Yes he was undoubtedly brave. You won't see many American 15-year-olds pull themselves from the FB screen to run off to join a bloody war today, but my dad was also a juvenile delinquent especially by today's standards. Romanticize him at your risk because the reality is he would have sent you home crying. Today he would have been called a Nazi.

Lots of JDs were packed off to the military back then. Something frowned on today. My dad just happened to volunteer. Kids group up faster then because we let them grow up then. That may be one of things better about a time that is romanticized but not more or less golden then any other time.

And see I'm not allowed to us the term JD anymore.

All a matter of memory, nostalgia, perception.

So that always brings us back to what do we want for America. The original goal was to have a free nation and a tranquil nation.

Now what is it?

A lot of people think the time of Camelot was a golden era but actually America was socially and culturally experiencing the same upheaval we are today.

You point out some serious problems with what passes as the Left these days, I'm pointing out one of many problems I see with conservative logic - exactly what/when is this golden era they wish us to return to, like when the little woman's place was in the kitchen, but papa bear brought home good solid money, had a comfortable pension, and they could take a long vacation every summer?
    It's not really the left or liberals as we know it, that is extremism that is verging on lawlessness hiding under the party of Democrats, Democracy and Liberals. And when the left or right has such extremism that they are moving that far away from centrist they meet and basically become the same--lawless, no sense sanity or reason but for different causes. I see no difference between left and right extremism.

So when we say better times or simpler times or a golden era maybe we are thinking of a time when people were more moderate, left and right, instead of all this extremism, and over reaction.

I see the conservative's problem as being too stagnate and too slow to embrace solutions, big ideas or vision or not rocking the boat for fear of losing votes. The base is actually much more modern than in the 70's and they don't seem to realize that. Really conservatism is too stagnant to be the active demon of evil as some like to think of it. That would take some impetus. It should really be about fiscal responsibility and curating the goal of America: A tranquil society and freedom for all. But they are too afraid to stem the escalation of extremism within the left or right but especially their own extremism. The two-party system was supposed to serve as a series of checks and balances against either side being two extreme and neither of them are fulfilling their purpose because of identity politics. They both have the same problem really. They are afraid. Just in different ways and expression.

Sigh again... that's actually one of the few things I DON'T like about RFK, like Bernie, he says "I'm great friends with Joe Biden, for decades".
    Cheerup. If they are great friends apparently RFK doesn't mind chiding his buddy for not debating. Of course we all know why Biden isn't allowed to debate and why.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...y_is_real.html
    Last edited by Wind, 14th May 2023 at 17:36. Reason: Fixed quoting

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th May 2023), Aragorn (15th May 2023), Fred Steeves (14th May 2023), Lord Sidious (14th May 2023), Wind (14th May 2023)